City on the Edge of Battle Japanese title translation

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Camdigidy
GPN Volunteer

City on the Edge of Battle Japanese title translation

Post by Camdigidy »

So I like the new official English title for the second Godzilla anime: Godzilla: City on the Edge of Battle. And I'm pretty excited for it. I like the title becuase it sounds good and gets the idea of the original japanese title across. But I'm still curious about something.

The translated title that was most common was "Decisive Battle, Mobile Breeder City." I can't recall any other Godzilla movie having such an awkwardly translated title. Has anyone seen or heard of an alternate literal translation that is both acurrate and sounds better in English? Is there any other way to translate it acurratly?

The main reason I really want to know is because I enjoy making custom blu-ray covers for all the Godzilla movies with original translated titles. I want to know if there's anything else I can use for a title when I make my cover for City on the Edge of Battle.

Check out my custom Godzilla blu-ray covers on my DeviantArt: https://grandkeizerghidorah.deviantart.com/