Random G:POTM Facts

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Mastergodzilla
GPN Volunteer

Random G:POTM Facts

Post by Mastergodzilla »

So, I saw that there was a similar thread like this in the Shin Godzilla board, so I wanted to do one in here. I don't have too many, but...

- Servum's face has a very similar style to Biollante's vines.

- In the prologue, MechaGodzilla is being held at Mt. Fuji, where the final battle of Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla took place.

- This is the first Godzilla since GMK to actively kill someone purposely.

I have more stashed away in my brain somewhere, just need to remember them. Until then, post away!
:baragon: :destoroyah: :muto: :bagan: :g2k: :monsterx: :gigan: :mechagodzilla: :spacegodzilla: :g64: :godzilla: :tk:
Check out my YouTube Channel, GodzillaFan2004! Has everything Godzilla, from reviews of fan films to fan films themselves! Please subscribe!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR1qg2 ... 4JEFNvBhCw

GojiraGuy2016
GPN Volunteer

Re: Random G:POTM Facts

Post by GojiraGuy2016 »

How about this?

- Godzilla has no actual skeleton

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

If we want to get super technical and count Godzilla Earth as the True Godzilla of this film, then that would mean this film features the least amount of screen time for Godzilla than in any other film in the series.

He gets a few seconds in the prologue, a couple of quick flashes, and then he shows up for the cliffhanger at the end, and that's it.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

- This is the first film where Hedorah actually does something since 1971.
- The Bilusaludo flee to Earth and create Mechagodzilla after their planet, the third in it’s system, is destroyed by a black hole. Their story is extrenely similar to that of the Black Hole Planet 3 aliens from Godzilla VS Mechagodzilla and Terror of Mechagodzilla.
- The Exif are apparently named after the Xiliens.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Did you know Monster Planet features Godzilla killing more cartoon characters than ever before?
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

There are lots of nods to past films it's crazy.
-Godzilla Earth's actual appearance in the film could be a reference to his appearance in Mothra vs. Godzilla: emerging from the ground.
-Filius is a modern take on Minilla and Junior, and his death is similar to GMK's Goji.
-The novel gives a pretty nice reference to the unmade Godzilla X Varan, Baragon and Anguirus: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack film and even a Gamera reference.
-The protagonist's name, Haruo, probably isn't just a coincidence; as well as Martin Lazzari, who probably is a nod to Steve Martin; I mean, both Martins gave a lot of exposition, so there's that.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Mastergodzilla wrote:- This is the first Godzilla since GMK to actively kill someone purposely.
I was just thinking- is this the first time that Godzilla has killed a main protagonist since Godzilla Raids Again? (Depending on whether you count the first Prime Minister in Shin as a protagonist, I guess...)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

-The second prequel novel is the second time Gigan was portrayed as a "heroic" kaiju, being controlled by the United Earth to fight Godzilla. The first time was on the TV show, Godzilla Island.

-Novel author, Renji Oki, actually wanted to put resident Cutting Floor King Bagan into the novels but decided against it because he wasn't sure about character rights.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Potm is the technailly the second time time Godzilla's son is an opponent for humans.

While Minilla and Jr were allies the offspring of G98 went after humans in G98.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image