Kaiju You Want in the Anime Sequels

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: Kaiju You Want in The Sequels

Post by Maritonic »

I'd love to see Megalon make a come back.
Also tossing my hat in the ring for Spacegodzilla, he would fit aesthetically, and it would be nice to see him return in some fashion.

Frankly, I'd probably be okay with any kaiju returning, as long as it's not Mothra or King Ghidorah, as much as I adore them, I'm just quite frankly tired of them being so overused. And with Godzilla 2 dropping soon, it would be refreshing to see some old friends return that don't get the spotlight quite as often. Because it was so great to see Kamacuras, Dogora, Orga, and Dagahra in the beginning of the first film.
Last edited by Maritonic on Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

GojiraGuy2016
GPN Volunteer

Post by GojiraGuy2016 »

At the moment: Space Godzilla. He is the perfect final opponent and would fit the thematical range. Earth, City and Space. Maybe he won't called be "Space Godzilla", maybe it will be "Galaxy Godzilla" or "Universe Godzilla".

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

GojiraGuy2016 wrote:At the moment: Space Godzilla. He is the perfect final opponent and would fit the thematical range. Earth, City and Space. Maybe he won't called be "Space Godzilla", maybe it will be "Galaxy Godzilla" or "Universe Godzilla".
I’m speculating, but yeah, I have a really firm and solid belief SG will appear in the final film as the final antagonist. I’ve noted this in the other thread, in which I’ve been translating the novel but:

The novel, assuming it is a direct tie in to the film, seems to make a large disctinction between Godzilla and the other Kaiju. Monsters like Kamacuras, Orga, Dogora, Anguirus, appears to be just large animals, while Godzilla is sort of put in his own category. The Kaiju randomly appear, most likely being mutations caused by humanities impact on earth, while Godzilla seems to be a conscious being to some degree, which wipes out the Kaiju and humanity systematically (monsters like Dogora’s attack appear to be random).

For that reason, the final antagonist can’t be a simple Kaiju, or even a strong one, like let’s say Megalon, or whatever. SG fits the role, especially because it is a terraforming monster. Spacegodzilla changes the world around him, adding a crystal entity to it, in the same fashion Godzilla+whatever plants, have terraformed the earth.

I have a strong feeling movie two will be Mechagodzilla+Mothra, and possibly new Kaiju, while part 3 will be the finale with Spacegodzilla. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Spacegodzilla is redesigned, or some of the more interesting concept art made its way into its design.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

King Ghidorah, Rodan, Mothra, and Angirus. I wonder if they will be mentioned or appear.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Hellblaze wrote:King Ghidorah, Rodan, Mothra, and Angirus. I wonder if they will be mentioned or appear.
Angurius and Rodan's skeletons are in the intro of the first film, so I doubt it.
Multiples of them do appear, but Godzilla is basically a giant exterminator.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

Going along with LSD's idea, I love the concept of a revamped SpaceGodzilla being the final antagonist. He would be the perfect contrast for Godzilla Earth. Godzilla Earth is a plant-based monster that has terraformed the Earth to his own liking, while "Godzilla Space" would be a crystal or mineral-based kaiju similar to Godzilla that has terraformed other planets to his liking and now aims to do the same to Earth. Metphies mentions other creatures similar to Godzilla that have done what he has done to other planets, and this version of SpaceGodzilla could be just that. He's not directly related to Godzilla per se, but followed the same path of evolution and reached a similar end result, though based around crystals rather than plants. It would make him a compelling and serious threat to Godzilla Earth that would force humanity to focus their efforts on fighting him instead.

Right now my prediction is that Part 2 will end on a cliffhanger just like the first film. At the end there's a huge battle between Mechagodzilla, the humans, and potentially Mothra, against Godzilla Earth, only for SpaceGodzilla to suddenly show up and easily put down all of them, possibly after being brought to Earth through the machinations of Metphies. Then part 3 could revolve around humanity realizing Godzilla is the only thing that can stop SpaceGodzilla from terraforming the planet even more drastically and indirectly helping him to defeat him.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

I had a dream last night that they revealed Spacegodzilla, Gigan, Megalon, and Biollante designs. Would be okay with all of those.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

LeaderMegatron
Terminated
Terminated

Post by LeaderMegatron »

I wound look in movie M.U.T.Os.
Hokmuto: You are not prepared !!!!!!!
Hokmuto is King of monsters!!!
:muto:
https://media.giphy.com/media/13o6wQitMSQ6g8/giphy.gif Male MUTO roar
https://media3.giphy.com/media/W0S4GvmQEeNb2/200w.webp EMP for admins and moderators
My name is Hokmuto.
I am Hokmuto M.U.T.O (Male)
My mate is Femuto M.U.T.O (Female)

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

LeaderMegatron wrote:I wound look in movie M.U.T.Os.
I doubt it considering Toho/Polygon doesn't own the rights to them.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

seamus
Monarch Researcher

Post by seamus »

I'd just love to see the kaiju they teased in part one. Especially Dogora and Orga.

Though, the Mechagodzilla design is interesting, and I'm looking forward to seeing it in action...especially considering the probable scale difference between it and Godzilla.
'And yet another one?'

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Can anyone link me to the new Mechagodzilla design?

I'm in the majority in agreeing that SpaceGodzilla would be a perfect final boss for this trilogy. I also would like to see another classic monster or two, the glimpses in the intro just wasn't enough.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Vakanai wrote:Can anyone link me to the new Mechagodzilla design?
Well all we really have are the posters and clips from the intro of part 1.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Oh, I thought there was something new. Even after looking at the poster I couldn't say what he looked like.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Vakanai wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Oh, I thought there was something new. Even after looking at the poster I couldn't say what he looked like.
I suppose they are keeping Mechagodzilla underwraps until the film is released.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Vakanai wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Well all we really have are the posters and clips from the intro of part 1.
I suppose they are keeping Mechagodzilla underwraps until the film is released.
I hope he's really huge and interesting. The whole Mechanized City title conjures up an image of a giant mech with a city sort of sticking out of it, that would be cool.

Dyrakro
Interpol Agent

Post by Dyrakro »

And in the end this OP Godzilla is destined to meet a kaiju every fan hoped to see someday ... Bagan ...

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Megalon
Anguirus Prime
King Caesar
SpaceGodzilla
Rodan Prime
Hedorah
Destroyah
Gaira & Sanda
Zone Fighter
Shin Godzilla
GunHed
Bagan
Iris
Legion

The best list anyone could ever come up with*
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Sat May 05, 2018 8:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Megalon
Anguirus Prime
King Caesar
SpaceGodzilla
Rodan Prime
Hedorah
Destroyah
Gaira & Sanda
Zone Fighter
Shin Godzilla
GunHed
Bagan
Iris
Legion

But Rodan Prime and Angurirus Prime were killed by Hedorah in China....
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:Megalon
Anguirus Prime
King Caesar
SpaceGodzilla
Rodan Prime
Hedorah
Destroyah
Gaira & Sanda
Zone Fighter
Shin Godzilla
GunHed
Bagan
Iris
Legion

But Rodan Prime and Angurirus Prime were killed by Hedorah in China....
Rodan Prime and Anguirus Prime are names I just made up.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

King of the Monsters wrote:Going along with LSD's idea, I love the concept of a revamped SpaceGodzilla being the final antagonist. He would be the perfect contrast for Godzilla Earth. Godzilla Earth is a plant-based monster that has terraformed the Earth to his own liking, while "Godzilla Space" would be a crystal or mineral-based kaiju similar to Godzilla that has terraformed other planets to his liking and now aims to do the same to Earth. Metphies mentions other creatures similar to Godzilla that have done what he has done to other planets, and this version of SpaceGodzilla could be just that. He's not directly related to Godzilla per se, but followed the same path of evolution and reached a similar end result, though based around crystals rather than plants. It would make him a compelling and serious threat to Godzilla Earth that would force humanity to focus their efforts on fighting him instead.

Right now my prediction is that Part 2 will end on a cliffhanger just like the first film. At the end there's a huge battle between Mechagodzilla, the humans, and potentially Mothra, against Godzilla Earth, only for SpaceGodzilla to suddenly show up and easily put down all of them, possibly after being brought to Earth through the machinations of Metphies. Then part 3 could revolve around humanity realizing Godzilla is the only thing that can stop SpaceGodzilla from terraforming the planet even more drastically and indirectly helping him to defeat him.
Gosh i wish they had done this thats an awesome idea :'

Added in 12 minutes 17 seconds:
I was thinking maybe Gororin the catcus monster. Since the world is dominated by metallic flaurafauna, I feel there should be a numerous amount of more creatures in the oceans. I had an idea for a sea monster like predator basically like an aquatic godzilla or servum with like mosasaur like flippers & tail*
If that egg that the futoa worship ever hatches I'd like something akin to Armor Mothra Leo. Seems Legendary's doing a more mystical whimsical version of Mothra in KOTM, I feel as a good contrast the the anime movies would do good introducing a more warrior like version of the moth to be a match for the very formidable G Earth.
Heck, itd be nice if the 3rd movie picks off right at the end of City on the Edge with Mechagodzilla rising out the wrecked nanometal to battle Godzilla & thats how the 3rd film can start.