Kaiju You Want in the Anime Sequels

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Kaiju You Want in the Anime Sequels

Post by Gojira1604 »

I'd like to see a functional Mechagodzilla in part two(not sure how it would be rebuilt tho) I could imagine a small Mecha G flying around Godzilla Earth and blasting him relentless with artilery, like a small bird vs a tank. Also imagine Mothra will be showing up, cause the face painted tribial looking girl that appeared at the end. Guess that'd make the sequel like SOS, assuming MG & Mothra appear in the same film.
Heard its also confirmed Spacegodzilla will be in part 2 or 3(would guess 3). I believe they outta make him originate from G-cells the other spacecraft took to space.
And lastly, I'd like seeing Biollante show up(evolved after its defeat by Moguera in the prequel novel I suppose) If there is one continuity I think she fits well in its this one, to tie in with Godzilla's plant based organisms.
I love the vast potential this universe has for any even obscure Kaiju to be part of the story, for example Dogora being in the Monster Apocalypse novel.
I'd love to here your thoughts on my thoughts & ur own opinions. :)
Last edited by Arbok on Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Re: Kaiju You Want in The Sequels

Post by Dr. Professor »

Gojira1604 wrote:Heard its also confirmed Spacegodzilla will be in part 2 or 3
God, I hope so. I think he's perfect for this universe. I think not putting SpaceGodzilla in this trilogy would be a huge missed opportunity.
Last edited by Dr. Professor on Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

For once I'd rather not see any new kaiju. The aesthetic for monsters in this anime looks awful.

Better to have pre-existing kaiju get a one off 'alt' design than a new kaiju get stuck looking like that possibly forever.

As for the kaiju, I'd actually like to see Megalon and/or Gigan. This is just the kind of project to bring Megalon back into the spotlight for a while.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Ivo-goji wrote:For once I'd rather not see any new kaiju. The aesthetic for monsters in this anime looks awful.

Better to have pre-existing kaiju get a one off 'alt' design than a new kaiju get stuck looking like that possibly forever.
Too late. We call them the Servum.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

The Sevum aren't real daikaiju.

They're, like, Shockirus or the vampire plant or something.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Ivo-goji wrote:The Sevum aren't real daikaiju.

Still a kaiju.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Living Corpse wrote:
Ivo-goji wrote:The Sevum aren't real daikaiju.

Still a kaiju.
Bah.

Humbug.
Resized Image

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Ivo-goji wrote: Bah.

Humbug.
Neither of us are wrong though. They are kaiju just not, as you said, daikaiju. A monster and a giant monster are two different things.

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

Metphies talked about creatures with power like Godzilla’s existing on other planets, which strikes me as being a reference to King Ghidorah. But a reference doesn’t equal an appearance.

It would be cool to see Gigan, though. Perhaps MG gets destroyed, and the Bilusaludo replace it with Gigan. But I doubt that will happen, if I’m being honest.
Last edited by Cybermat47 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Ivo-goji wrote:
As for the kaiju, I'd actually like to see Megalon and/or Gigan. This is just the kind of project to bring Megalon back into the spotlight for a while.
Megalon has a pretty high chance considering he survived attacking Africa twice in the prequel novel.

All I want is for SpaceGodzilla to be the final villain in chapter 3.

Actually..... regarding the "natives".... maybe King Ceasar will appear as a more mystical god. Would be interesting if a 1,000 ft tall King Ceasar was assisting Mechagodzilla's city and whatnot. I mean clearly they need to go all out in order to defeat Godzilla Earth.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

I'm fine with them sticking to Mechagodzilla and Godzilla offshoots like the clones and Servum and whatnot with the main Godzilla being this ultra-powerful entity. Legendary doesn't seem to have access to Mecha-G and proto/baby Godzillas so Toho is taking advantage of those popular character types while they can.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

People keep saying it, and the more they do, the more open I would be to something crazy like SpaceGodzilla making an appearance as a final opponent.

However, it's not a requirement and may in fact be too insane even for the content in this trilogy.
Last edited by Showa Gyaos on Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

With Ghidorah being the main threat in the MonsterVerse going forward, I'd rather another space monster be used here. Spacegodzilla, or maybe even Gigan would work great. I think the third film will absolutely be about one of the other world destroys alluded to.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Post by KillCrites »

Definitely want to see Spacegodzilla, but I would like to see Hedorah and Biollante make an appearance. With Hedorah being a pollution monster and Biollante being another plant based monster like Godzilla himself, both would be interesting opponents for this particular incarnation of Godzilla I think
why did i have to be the chosen one?

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

KillCrites wrote:Definitely want to see Spacegodzilla, but I would like to see Hedorah and Biollante make an appearance. With Hedorah being a pollution monster and Biollante being another plant based monster like Godzilla himself, both would be interesting opponents for this particular incarnation of Godzilla I think
Hedorah could still be around, but Biollante was killed by Humanity before the events of the film. IIRC, Moguera drilled into her heart.
Last edited by Cybermat47 on Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Solia
Samurai

Post by Solia »

I want to see an original monster.
"Japan's filmmakers are really starting to perform a dick-waving contest as to who can make the weirdest and most untraditional Godzilla. First Anno turns him into the beef-jerky version of Hedorah and now Gen Urobuchi turns the character into his own incesteous lovechild with Biollante. I bet that next, we will have Godzilla get tuned into some sort of rogue A.I." - LegendZilla

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Being that many of you'd like to see Gigan apparently, and created/controlled by the Bilusaldo, I think it would be cool to see these space monsters fight for and with the humans as the alien races in this universe are allies with us. It'd be a cool twist or switch if the earth monsters like Godzilla are now the main antagonists with creatures like Gigan or Megalon(though he's killed in Godzilla Monster Apocalypse) be the good guys.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Gojira1604 wrote:Being that many of you'd like to see Gigan apparently, and created/controlled by the Bilusaldo, I think it would be cool to see these space monsters fight for and with the humans as the alien races in this universe are allies with us. It'd be a cool twist or switch if the earth monsters like Godzilla are now the main antagonists with creatures like Gigan or Megalon(though he's killed in Godzilla Monster Apocalypse) be the good guys.
Megalon survived in Apocalypse.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Gojira1604 wrote:Being that many of you'd like to see Gigan apparently, and created/controlled by the Bilusaldo, I think it would be cool to see these space monsters fight for and with the humans as the alien races in this universe are allies with us. It'd be a cool twist or switch if the earth monsters like Godzilla are now the main antagonists with creatures like Gigan or Megalon(though he's killed in Godzilla Monster Apocalypse) be the good guys.
Megalon survived in Apocalypse.
Which honestly fits. He was the only monster in the 70's Godzilla films (aside from Ghidorah) who wasn't killed off in some fashion. I'd laugh and love if he made a comeback in this series.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

lol imagine it.

They defeat Godzilla and the enemy monster in the final film. Humanity celebrates and then BAM, Megalon pops outta nowhere and then is promptly killed.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.