Did Monster Planet ruin other Godzilla movies for you?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Jeff-Goldblum1
G-Force Personnel

Did Monster Planet ruin other Godzilla movies for you?

Post by Jeff-Goldblum1 »

So a strange thought came over me, I was watching some Heisei Godzilla movies. I started to think, he just feels seems so damn small now.

Has anybody else noticed this?

BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Did Monster Planet ruin other Godzilla movies for you?

Post by BlankAccount »

...Wut?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

No...?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Nah not at all. Actually that’s like saying the Heisei series ruins the showa series cause he’s basicakky double the height, or that Shin ruins GMK cause he’s bigger.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

No Godzilla movie will ever ruin another Godzilla movie (except for maybe plot but even then, we don't care). No movie, in general, can ruin another movie. Same concept as, "ruining your childhood". Can't happen.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Yeah not even Godzilla 1998 can do that. It ruined the franchises reputation for a while but it never ruined any of the movies.

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

Size Does Matter.
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

The fact that he was in a forest and was never actually next to the little one or any real 'landmarks' so to speak, it didn't even really convey a huge size difference to me, though I know it existed just from outside media I've seen. If I hadn't already known I might have even missed he was bigger at all in all the rapid fire tech jargon.
Last edited by Relair on Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Wait - Godzilla feeling "small"? He's 300 f' meters - how the - is that small?

Or - are you taslking about the Heisei films where he was 100m and was dwarfed by SKY SCRAPPERS. In which case no. Godzilla's doesn't need to swarf every single f' building he's next to. I can't wait until he's in Dubai where Godzilla will dwarf the Burj Khalifa -

Yes - salty topic for me that goes back to 2014 when people would want to have Godzilla's foot be a mile in diameter and be taller then every building in NYC.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

No. It didn't. Anyone who thinks this is stupid.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

No. It did not ruin other Godzilla movies for me.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Living Corpse wrote:Yeah not even Godzilla 1998 can do that. It ruined the franchises reputation for a while but it never ruined any of the movies.
Ruined its’ reputation? Really? Not like Americans had a high opinion of the Japanese films to begin with. Not like Godzilla 1998 caused a decade hiatus.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

No he really didn’t seem that big without anything to use for reference of his size.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Scarlet Spider
Interpol Agent

Post by Scarlet Spider »

Living Corpse wrote:Yeah not even Godzilla 1998 can do that. It ruined the franchises reputation for a while but it never ruined any of the movies.
Pretty sure the later Showa series, with Godzilla dancing, flying, talking, etc did that.

Anyways, no Godzilla movie ruins another for me.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

I hope to screw with you all, the next Godzilla movie has Godzilla as a 1 meter tall creature that scales buildings like a gecko.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Scarlet Spider wrote:
Pretty sure the later Showa series, with Godzilla dancing, flying, talking, etc did that.
Yeah no.

He was still indestructible, and had his atomic breath.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I think he might be referring to how Godzilla vs Megalon adversely affected western perceptions of Godzilla, and I wouldn’t necessarily disagree. But that didn’t “ruin” the watchability of previous films, just audience perceptions.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Pachinko Godzilla wasn't that big and he could still wreck Anime Godzilla. I just headcanon older versions of Godzilla into secretly having these unseen tremendous powers that would annihilate planets and junk whenever the bigger and badder Godzillas come along. If the next Godzilla is twice this one's size and shoots solar system busting lasers out his butt I'll just headcanon Showa Godzilla into being a lowkey reality warping god.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Kind of? No, it didn't ruin any other Godzilla movies out right now for me (although, it has made me appreciate Space Godzilla more now), but it did ruin any interest I had with its second and third movies. They were so busy setting up the sequel that they forgot to make a movie. It's Prometheus and Batman vs Superman all over again and I'm tired of this bullshit. MAKE A DAMN MOVIE OR DON'T BOTHER!!!

I also can not believe Gen Urobutchy made this piece of shit.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The comparisons to BVS and Prometheus are so wrong, and I’ve seen this comparison to western films and it’s starting to irk me. GMP is a very clear “series”. It’s three films that are all released in less than a year of each other (assuming the third installment comes out November in Japan) while everyone was also well are of the the fact it’s part of an anime trilogy.

BVS is way more a standalone film, same for Prometheus. You didn’t know there would be an Alien Covenant when you walked into Prometheus, in fact you had to wait likefive years.

GMP, actually was really good at setting things up, and even having an ending. The characters wound up setting up goals, anc achieving them by the climax. The only difference is that at the end it turned out the goals were far bigger.