Godzilla returning to Netflix

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Godzilla returning to Netflix

Post by KaijuCanuck »

I've noticed often when Netflix acquires makes an 'original' program for a pre-existing property, or even just a high profile property, older things also for that property will show up. This happened with Voltron, Marvel stuff, Star Trek, probably some others. Do you guys think there is any chance older Godzilla films will return to Netflix once Monster Planet is out? (I have Canadian Netflix though, which has different stuff depending on license agreements, does Netflix USA already have some Godzilla stuff right now?)

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Godzilla returning to Netflix

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Usually Netflix releases a "new to Netflix this month" press note prior to films being released, so if something does happen we'd see it right before the beginning of November. I agree they should take advantage of the new film by putting up old ones.

I remember Netflix used to have some Godzilla stuff, I think though I might be mixing it up with Hulu. I hope if they have it they should not only have the old films, but G14 and Shin godzilla to help spread the franchise.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

I remember Netflix having all of the Classic Media Godzilla films, along with G98, a couple years ago.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

King of the Monsters wrote:I remember Netflix having all of the Classic Media Godzilla films, along with G98, a couple years ago.
Yeah that's what I was thinking of. Hopefully if they ever rerelease stuff on Netflix they'll use the new updated versions that are better quality, and hopefully have both subs and dubs. One can only hope.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Usually Netflix releases a "new to Netflix this month" press note prior to films being released, so if something does happen we'd see it right before the beginning of November. I agree they should take advantage of the new film by putting up old ones.

I remember Netflix used to have some Godzilla stuff, I think though I might be mixing it up with Hulu. I hope if they have it they should not only have the old films, but G14 and Shin godzilla to help spread the franchise.
They 100% did, the classic media ones as someone else said, and last year they had LPG for a little while. Speaking of Hulu though, I just read that ton just got put on there, so that might hurt Godzilla's chance on Neetflix unfortunately.

G1G4N_27
Yojimbo

Post by G1G4N_27 »

King of the Monsters wrote:I remember Netflix having all of the Classic Media Godzilla films, along with G98, a couple years ago.
I do, too. Sadly, I wasn't into Godzilla as much as I am now so I ignored them. I could've watched some of the Classics that I didn't have a DVD of yet.
G1G4N_27
ImageImageImage