GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

For the discussion of Godzilla Resurgence, the Godzilla anime trilogy and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
User avatar
Birdman
Kwaidan
Posts: 5692
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:54 am
Location: guess

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby Birdman » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:17 am

Nobody expects the Zilla Inquisition!
Komenja wrote:"Rematch! Rematch! Oodako's comin' back for the title!"


https://vk.com/video224433251_166145954

Image

User avatar
AbudJasemAlBaldawi
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 357
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:51 am

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby AbudJasemAlBaldawi » Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:25 pm

TyrantGojira wrote:After reading all of this, I gotta say this is one of the most terrifying apocalypses I’ve seen in fiction. I would love to see this adapted into a manga or brief anime series.

Word i had just the same thought
Image
Spoiler:
Image

User avatar
LamangoKaijura
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2961
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby LamangoKaijura » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:13 am

Nice they brought Gunhed in for a reference.
Image

User avatar
Dawsbfiremind
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2958
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:59 pm
Location: My writing desk

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby Dawsbfiremind » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:31 am

TyrantGojira wrote:After reading all of this, I gotta say this is one of the most terrifying apocalypses I’ve seen in fiction. I would love to see this adapted into a manga or brief anime series.


I'd like that too. (It'd sure beat the Walking Dead.)

Birdman wrote:Nobody expects the Zilla Inquisition!


Fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer

With skills like this......I wonder too.

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.

TK drinking game official rules.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26072&start=2080#p1564587

User avatar
LamangoKaijura
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2961
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby LamangoKaijura » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:13 pm

I've heard whispers that Mothra is hinted at in the novel, but not seen, can anyone else confirm this?
Image

User avatar
American Godzilla
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:18 pm

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby American Godzilla » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:17 pm

I was wondering, for those that have read this cool novel, does this new bad ass Zilla have a breath weapon of any kind?

Ideally I would love it to be an acid breath so that Zilla could cut away at an enemy's armor (and countering regeneration) before doing a melee attack (but this is how I would have done it, not knowing what is said in the novel).
I'm a believe of God and Jesus Christ my saviour and not afraid to say so.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

User avatar
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President
Posts: 4636
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:25 am

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby GigaBowserG » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:24 pm

American Godzilla wrote:I was wondering, for those that have read this cool novel, does this new bad ass Zilla have a breath weapon of any kind?

Ideally I would love it to be an acid breath so that Zilla could cut away at an enemy's armor (and countering regeneration) before doing a melee attack (but this is how I would have done it, not knowing what is said in the novel).


Nope. He's as vanilla as Zilla from GFW. The only exceptional skills it has are its intelligence (using young Zilla to lure military into cities so adult Zilla could attack from the rooftops), and its fertility (one egg or youngling left alive could lead to a whole new colony of Zilla being reproduced).
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

User avatar
miguelnuva
Seatopian Daikaiju
Posts: 11071
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby miguelnuva » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:38 pm

Does Godzilla have any interaction with Zilla or do they explain where the name comes from?

Same with Orga and Biollante?
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

User avatar
American Godzilla
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:18 pm

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby American Godzilla » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:44 pm

GigaBowserG wrote:
American Godzilla wrote:I was wondering, for those that have read this cool novel, does this new bad ass Zilla have a breath weapon of any kind?

Ideally I would love it to be an acid breath so that Zilla could cut away at an enemy's armor (and countering regeneration) before doing a melee attack (but this is how I would have done it, not knowing what is said in the novel).


Nope. He's as vanilla as Zilla from GFW. The only exceptional skills it has are its intelligence (using young Zilla to lure military into cities so adult Zilla could attack from the rooftops), and its fertility (one egg or youngling left alive could lead to a whole new colony of Zilla being reproduced).


Thanks for the info! I kind of suspected this would be the case. One more question(s) while you're here...

1: How big is Zilla (if it's mentioned)?

2: Does Zilla have any armor?
I'm a believe of God and Jesus Christ my saviour and not afraid to say so.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

User avatar
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President
Posts: 4636
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:25 am

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby GigaBowserG » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:48 pm

miguelnuva wrote:Does Godzilla have any interaction with Zilla or do they explain where the name comes from?

Same with Orga and Biollante?


Haven't looked into Orga or Biollante. However, I think the Zilla name came about due to its resemblance to Godzilla. The person being interviewed remarked how they weren't sure if Zilla was related to Godzilla or not, and that scholars should look into it.

There is a note at the end of the chapter that says that a theory does exist that says how Zilla could possibly be a similar species to Godzilla, but no conclusion has been reached yet.

1: How big is Zilla (if it's mentioned)?

2: Does Zilla have any armor?


1) No mention. I'm guessing they made him around the 40~50 meter scale, since he's described as being smaller than Godzilla.

2) No. One's taken out pretty easily by Maser cannons and rail guns.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada

/crawls back under rock

User avatar
American Godzilla
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 235
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:18 pm

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby American Godzilla » Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:28 pm

GigaBowserG wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Does Godzilla have any interaction with Zilla or do they explain where the name comes from?

Same with Orga and Biollante?


Haven't looked into Orga or Biollante. However, I think the Zilla name came about due to its resemblance to Godzilla. The person being interviewed remarked how they weren't sure if Zilla was related to Godzilla or not, and that scholars should look into it.

There is a note at the end of the chapter that says that a theory does exist that says how Zilla could possibly be a similar species to Godzilla, but no conclusion has been reached yet.

1: How big is Zilla (if it's mentioned)?

2: Does Zilla have any armor?


1) No mention. I'm guessing they made him around the 40~50 meter scale, since he's described as being smaller than Godzilla.

2) No. One's taken out pretty easily by Maser cannons and rail guns.


1: Before humans evacuated Earth, Godzilla was 164' tall, so Zilla would be smaller (my guess, in theropod stance Zilla would be 82' tall).

2: Not sure how powerful Maser cannons are, but rail guns I've heard of. I've heard in the modern world they're trying to have the rail gun concept in navy cannons and howitzers... essentially making them about 2x more dangerous (conventional shots are 2x speed of sound, but with rail gun add on it would be 5x speed of sound).

So yeah, Zillas are the "Raptors" of the Kaiju world (to use Dino terminology).
I'm a believe of God and Jesus Christ my saviour and not afraid to say so.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

User avatar
LamangoKaijura
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2961
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby LamangoKaijura » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:14 pm

Again, was there any hint of Mothra? I heard there's reference to Mothra's existence.
Image

User avatar
Living Corpse
Keizer
Posts: 8588
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby Living Corpse » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:07 pm

LamangoKaijura wrote:Again, was there any hint of Mothra? I heard there's reference to Mothra's existence.


I think someone said her presence is hinted at, like things that feel too much like a coincidence to be just a coincidence, basically a higher power pulling strings behind the scenes but doesn't actually show up. They might be saving her actual appearance for the movies.
Image

User avatar
King of the Monsters
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:00 pm
Contact:

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby King of the Monsters » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:19 am

According to accounts I've read of the book, the first Zilla appeared in France roughly around the same time Godzilla was in the area, and the French military killed it believing it was Godzilla. They assumed it was Godzilla because it was described as a bipedal creature with a long tail and spikes on its back. Once they realized it wasn't Godzilla, it was renamed Zilla.

Orga appeared years before Godzilla did, so it's likely they aren't connected. It doesn't sound like there's any description of what Biollante is or where she came from, outside of being "a new species" that appeared in Normandy. It says Moguera defeated her by burrowing into her roots and destroying her heart or something.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not the site on Wikia.

User avatar
LamangoKaijura
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2961
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby LamangoKaijura » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:15 pm

What shocked me is the complete lack of Ghidorah, but he's probably going to be in movie 3, if anything.
They assumed it was Godzilla because it was described as a bipedal creature with a long tail and spikes on its back. Once they realized it wasn't Godzilla, it was renamed Zilla.

To make matters worse, before Mankind leaves the Earth, Gorosaurus waddles his happy ass into France as well.

Also, it's said there's 2 Baragons, but no mention of the First one. :eh:
Last edited by LamangoKaijura on Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5234
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:06 pm

I've said this before, but for me it's nice not having Mothra or King Ghidorah. I'm sure Toho would rather wait for them to be shown off in KOTM.

Oh, did Megalon "survive"? I heard he attacked Africa.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

User avatar
LamangoKaijura
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2961
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby LamangoKaijura » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:28 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I've said this before, but for me it's nice not having Mothra or King Ghidorah. I'm sure Toho would rather wait for them to be shown off in KOTM.

Oh, did Megalon "survive"? I heard he attacked Africa.

Megalon was credited as the monster that caused mankind to lose the continent of Africa. Megalon landed on the west coast of Africa in 2012 and crossed the continent, destroying several small nations along the way. Megalon returned in 2022 and destroyed the Republic of South Africa.
Image

User avatar
MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5234
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:02 pm
Location: Black Hole Planet 3
Contact:

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:52 pm

LamangoKaijura wrote:Megalon was credited as the monster that caused mankind to lose the continent of Africa. Megalon landed on the west coast of Africa in 2012 and crossed the continent, destroying several small nations along the way. Megalon returned in 2022 and destroyed the Republic of South Africa.

Skreeonk, that's better than what I expected! Thanks for the info.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

User avatar
LamangoKaijura
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2961
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby LamangoKaijura » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:48 am

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:Megalon was credited as the monster that caused mankind to lose the continent of Africa. Megalon landed on the west coast of Africa in 2012 and crossed the continent, destroying several small nations along the way. Megalon returned in 2022 and destroyed the Republic of South Africa.

Skreeonk, that's better than what I expected! Thanks for the info.

Need anyone else? I got a list of the kaiju, updated from this very thread, just name a kaiju and I can try to sate your curiosity.
Image

Online
User avatar
Godzillian
E.S.P.Spy
Posts: 5492
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Re: GODZILLA: Monster Apocalypse (novel)

Postby Godzillian » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:43 am

LamangoKaijura wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:Megalon was credited as the monster that caused mankind to lose the continent of Africa. Megalon landed on the west coast of Africa in 2012 and crossed the continent, destroying several small nations along the way. Megalon returned in 2022 and destroyed the Republic of South Africa.

Skreeonk, that's better than what I expected! Thanks for the info.

Need anyone else? I got a list of the kaiju, updated from this very thread, just name a kaiju and I can try to sate your curiosity.

Dogora
Image


Return to “"Shin" and Beyond (2016-Current)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests