Godzilla Earth wouldn't be a major threat to a space-faring Civillization

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Pacfanweb
Monsterland Worker

Re: Godzilla wouldn't be a major threat to a space-faring Civillization

Post by Pacfanweb »

Godzilla has been a major issue for every space-faring civilization that's come to Earth so far, don't see why this new one is going to be any different.

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Pacfanweb wrote:Godzilla has been a major issue for every space-faring civilization that's come to Earth so far, don't see why this new one is going to be any different.
To be fair, most of the time the humans helped a lot.

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

I have this weird image in my head of the humans trying to bombard Godzilla but then the entire jungle comes to life with other kaiju and even the plants joining to fire a counter attack of energy blasts.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Godzilla's a threat to whatever the plot requires him to be a threat to.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by American Godzilla »

While that is true, Godzilla could not leave the Earth to threaten other worlds, various other kaijus were known to travel in space.

Space Godzilla, Ghidorah, and I think even Gigan are a few examples I can think of that could threaten a space faring civilization. Course this doesn't cover the aspect of one race dropping a Kaiju on the world of a rival race that is incapable of space flight.
I'm a believe of God and Jesus Christ my saviour and not afraid to say so.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

American Godzilla wrote:While that is true, Godzilla could not leave the Earth to threaten other worlds, various other kaijus were known to travel in space.

Space Godzilla, Ghidorah, and I think even Gigan are a few examples I can think of that could threaten a space faring civilization. Course this doesn't cover the aspect of one race dropping a Kaiju on the world of a rival race that is incapable of space flight.
Yup. That pretty much sums it up. Can we all go home now?

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Unless we take the Shin approach and Godzilla has possibly limitless abilities to evolve and eventually become a universe himself.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Fropston wrote:We also don't know the range of his Atomic Breath. It may very well be that it reaches past the Earth's orbit.
This.

We've had GFW Godzilla shoot his ray into space, and it seems like every sense G2014 everyone is trying to one up another with their Goji. Do we really think an ANIME version of the character won't be able to shoot targets that are in space? That's done all the time in anime.
PRIMEVAL wrote:King Ghidorah is the known "planet killer" yes? And he's most likely able to give space-faring beings a hard time. Then he gets his butt handed to him by Godzilla. Well, he also had some help from a caterpillar and a pterodactyl, but still.

Don't "" the planet killer. An alien outright said their world was destroyed. Probably cause they didn't have any monsters to defend their planet like Earth does. It seems no matter how advance alien tech is, even they have a hard time killing a monster and need help from another monster to do so.

Added in 7 minutes 1 second:
Showa Gyaos wrote:Keep in mind that we don't know if this incarnation has any tricks up his sleeves.

He could be on par with the abilities of a cosmic horror, except Earth-born.
Seems like the past 3 Gojis we got in the past 5 years are like Eldritch Abomination like, each one more so than the last. Fuck me if something like Shin was real and grew wings or space flight.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Well, at 50 meters back in 2040, the world, and aliens, launched and hit Godzilla and the area around him with over 2,000 nukes. You know what this did? Just trapped him in a crack in the ground for a year. His beam alone, when not targeting the city and just at three kaiju he chased, destroyed L.A.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

Well now that its out we see why the orbital bombardment wouldn't work. He has a nigh-impenetrable shield, conventional weaponry can't really touch him, and even their tons of nukes did squat. And just for fun he regenerates almost instantaneously if anything happens to breach the shield.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Not to mention the earthlings+alien’s are only barely space faring. It appears they put all their resources into one craft.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Extraspectre wrote:I don't know how far along the humans in this storyline are, but a massive target like him would just be bombarded from orbit.
Going by the events of the film and novel, the two alien races and humanity hit him with about, 2,150 nukes. He has possibly the fastest regeneration of any Godzilla we've seen so far.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

This Godzilla might not be able to outright destroy a space faring civilisation, but he can keep them from settling on his planet. And, given that Earth is the only inhabitable planet that they can find, the three species are doomed to live a miserable, dwindling existence as long as Godzilla lives.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
Extraspectre wrote:I don't know how far along the humans in this storyline are, but a massive target like him would just be bombarded from orbit.
Going by the events of the film and novel, the two alien races and humanity hit him with about, 2,150 nukes. He has possibly the fastest regeneration of any Godzilla we've seen so far.
I figured his energy shield just protected him from all the nukes.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Worth noting that also in addition to Godzilla and other monsters being physical threats a lot of their actions or the byproducts of what they did indirectly makes things worse.

For instance, Hedorah obviously was a disaster, but it implied it wiped out like two major cities in China and made it uninhabitable. In addition, the Daghra disaster was worse. IIRC Daghra exploded off the coast of Australia, and basically millions of barem leaked and multiplied out of its body, which made the continent uninhabitable. I believe in the lore Australia was abandoned.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

This thread didn't age well :lol:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos