Anime Godzilla release schedule!

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Jomei
Futurian

Anime Godzilla release schedule!

Post by Jomei »

Scoop.

Double Event Confirmed!

When do you think each film will hit Netflix? Predictions about the specific dates for the second films?
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Anime Godzilla release schedule!

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Woah, so both 2 and 3 in 2018?!?! They better be working on 2 immediately when the first is released.

My predictions- 2 will be in June and 3 will be in December. Or maybe 2 in April and 3 in October if we go by six months after the first.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

Whether by contractual obligation or other design, this makes it so that the anime films bridge the gap from Shin to King of the Monsters.
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

This is awesome. I hope Netflix gives us a specific date for the first film as well. Although, I'm still just loving searching Godzilla on Netflix on seeing that 'coming soon' type thumbnail with 'netflix original' on top of it.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

KaijuCanuck wrote:This is awesome. I hope Netflix gives us a specific date for the first film as well. Although, I'm still just loving searching Godzilla on Netflix on seeing that 'coming soon' type thumbnail with 'netflix original' on top of it.
hit the nail right on the head!
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I wouldn't be surprised if all three films are being made simultaneously if that's the case, or at least midway into production on one they began production of the othersz

I wouldn't be surprised if after the first film the next film is out late spring 2018 and winter 2018z
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

Might not even be that far apart. Consider the Attack on Titan films released August 1st and September 15, 2015.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Yeah, I'm surprised that part 2 & 3 are going to be released the same year. Kind of makes the entire thing feel less special... Still excited though. I imagine it has to do with the LP films.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I wouldn't be surprised if this means each film will end with a trailer after the credits for the next film.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

If movies 2 and 3 both come out in 2018 then that will be the first time since 1964 where we see two Godzilla movies in the same year.

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Ooh now this is super exciting!
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

MORE GODZILLA YEAAAAAAAAAAH BOIIIIII
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

SO MOUCH GODZILLA, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZ
What a time to be alive. :')
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Inferno Rodan
Futurian

Post by Inferno Rodan »

Wait, people are surprised by this? I thought it went without saying that all three movies would get released within a year or so.
"The rantings of an upjumped zealot make for tedious listening." - Grigori, Dragon's Dogma

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

So when do you guys think these will get released on blu-ray, since they're being released on Netflix
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

GodzillaRangerPrime wrote:So when do you guys think these will get released on blu-ray, since they're being released on Netflix
Knights of Sidonia Season 1 started streaming on Netflix in July of 2014. The first season was released on Blu Ray in North America in June of 2015. Going by just THAT model, it might be the better part of a year. Daredevil Season 1 started streaming in April of 2015, and didn't get a BD release until November of 2016...I can't imagine this taking that long. With any luck these anime films will get BD releases within a year of their Streaming Debuts.

I'm very happy that we're getting all 3 so quickly. I bet it has something to do with the deal with Legendary. I bet it specified 'No Live Action films released within 2 years prior to the US films'....Shin Godzilla was 'rushed' for a July 2016 release back when King of the Monsters was slated for June of 2018. I bet an animated property falls under a different guideline of 'within the same year'...hence when the final 2 anime films are both coming in 2018, so 2019 is uncontested and reserved solely for Legendary's movies.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."