Godzilla Anime: Who do you want to be the main villainous kaiju?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.

Main kaiju villain?

I don't want there to be a main kaiju villain.
4%
Godzilla.
33%
King Ghidorah.
9%
Mechagodzilla.
No votes
Monster X/Keizer Ghidorah.
3%
SpaceGodzilla.
8%
Destoroyah.
7%
Another established kaiju. (Please say who)
7%
A new kaiju.
30%

Total votes: 76

Baranguirus
Yojimbo

Re: Who do you want to be the main villainous kaiju?

Post by Baranguirus »

Though Godzilla should be threatening, I do think there's quite a lot of power when he defends his Earth from threats that are worse than humans. Destoroyah, Spacegodzilla, Biollante, Orga or Bagan, I think, would be the best choices for a super-villain; we haven't seen any new renditions of them. King Ghidorah and Mechagodzilla, while I don't think should be excluded, have been done to death at this point, especially with the former's future appearance in Legendary's Monsterverse.
More rubber suits, less CGI

scottzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by scottzilla »

I would love to see Bagan. His time is well overdue.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Ah, voting threads: the voice of the people!
I'd say Spacegodzilla. Evidently, only two others thinks so too, a fact I'd never know if it wasn't for those little numbered bars at the top of the screen. (insert "the more you know" shooting star.)
Last edited by Dawsbfiremind on Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

GreenScar
Monarch Researcher

Post by GreenScar »

I would REALLY want to see Biollante to make a come back. She totally fits with the atmosphere they're going for on the Earth.
:g2k: :godzilla: :g64: :spacegodzilla: :mechagodzilla: :gigan: :monsterx:

Top 5 Toho Kaiju I hope show up in the Monsterverse -https://youtu.be/ay28_lPFHvg

xenotactics
Monarch Researcher

Post by xenotactics »

LamangoKaijura wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:Godzilla. He is on record as being said to 'killed the other kaiju who challenged him'. So it's pretty clear he's going to be the big bad
The Big Dog in the yard is not necessarily the Big Bad in the fight.
Why is the entire yard then, the big dog with big dog smaller creatures? -_-
Because something else can enter the yard.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Well, turns out I was right. No old monsters returning. And we're probably not even going to see Godzilla to the second installment.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

My vote goes to Space Godzilla.
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

LamangoKaijura wrote:Well, turns out I was right. No old monsters returning. And we're probably not even going to see Godzilla to the second installment.
But we see Godzilla in the teaser trailer with the humans looking at him. So I think its safe to say he will appear.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Well how long are these movies supposed to be? Are they individually around the same length as most Toho kaiju flicks or are they short films?

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:Well, turns out I was right. No old monsters returning. And we're probably not even going to see Godzilla to the second installment.
But we see Godzilla in the teaser trailer with the humans looking at him. So I think its safe to say he will appear.
We see Varan and Baragon doing shit in Destroy All Monster's trailer. They must be in it.
We see Hedorah in GFW's trailer. He must have a huge part!

Use your head. The first movie's going to be establishing the humans, the two alien races, the story of how they left Earth, the plot to get them BACK to Earth, getting to Earth, exploring a bit, the new Godzilla offshoots attack, and they're probably going to end with Godzilla looming out of the smoke, then the end credits role. -_-
Last edited by LamangoKaijura on Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LamangoKaijura wrote: Use your head. The first movie's going to be establishing the humans, the two alien races, the story of how they left Earth, the plot to get them BACK to Earth, getting to Earth, exploring a bit, the new Godzilla offshoots attack, and they're probably going to end with Godzilla looming out of the smoke, then the end credits role. -_-
Why are you acting like this is guaranteed despite us only having one short teaser and some promotional backstory to go off of?

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

LamangoKaijura wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
We see Varan and Baragon doing shit in Destroy All Monster's trailer. They must be in it.
We see Hedorah in GFW's trailer. He must have a huge part!

Use your head. The first movie's going to be establishing the humans, the two alien races, the story of how they left Earth, the plot to get them BACK to Earth, getting to Earth, exploring a bit, the new Godzilla offshoots attack, and they're probably going to end with Godzilla looming out of the smoke, then the end credits role. -_-
Maybe, maybe not. We don't have enough to go off of.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

LamangoKaijura wrote:Well, turns out I was right. No old monsters returning.
Source, por favor?
goji89 wrote:

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:Well, turns out I was right. No old monsters returning.
Source, por favor?
The fact they listed almost 20 monsters, then haven't mentioned them at all since, and the fact Godzilla was alone long enough to inhabit the earth himself and make offshoots of himself.

Why are people surprised. Rodan and Anguirus were mentioned, right? Then ones like Dogora and Dagahra? Kamacuras? Orga? Yeah.. They ain't showing up.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

So...speculation? I thought you had "un statement" from someone behind the scenes.
Last edited by Dawsbfiremind on Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goji89 wrote:

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Dawsbfiremind wrote:So...speculation? I thought you had "un statement" from someone behind the scenes.
I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:So...speculation? I thought you had "un statement" from someone behind the scenes.
I guess we'll have to wait and see.
Heck, that's half the fun!
goji89 wrote:

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

King Ghidorah, the KING of TERROR!!! How can you not have Godzilla's most popular and greatest enemy!?!
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

GodzillaBurgh wrote:King Ghidorah, the KING of TERROR!!! How can you not have Godzilla's most popular and greatest enemy!?!
But dude, King Ghidorah doesn't need to be in this since he's in KOTM. Im glad KG and Mothra are no where in sight in this anime because they're overused. I personally hope this is another Godzilla story where KG doesn't exist as far as we know.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
GodzillaBurgh wrote:King Ghidorah, the KING of TERROR!!! How can you not have Godzilla's most popular and greatest enemy!?!
But dude, King Ghidorah doesn't need to be in this since he's in KOTM. Im glad KG and Mothra are no where in sight in this anime because they're overused. I personally hope this is another Godzilla story where KG doesn't exist as far as we know.
By that logic, since the likes of Joker, Lex Luthor, Loki, and Thanos appeared in their respective cinematic universes, they should never appear in any animated shows based on the property. There is a reason these villains are recurring antagonists, because they were well done and people want more of them. That said, another reason why these villains are able to keep showing up in multiple media is because different writers are able to keep finding new and interesting things to do with them in new stories so they don't get stale. I very much hope KG and Mothra do show up at some point in this series, as long as they fit well into the story and their role is not a rehash of whatever they do in the Legendary Series.