Godzilla Anime: Who do you want to be the main villainous kaiju?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.

Main kaiju villain?

I don't want there to be a main kaiju villain.
4%
Godzilla.
33%
King Ghidorah.
9%
Mechagodzilla.
No votes
Monster X/Keizer Ghidorah.
3%
SpaceGodzilla.
8%
Destoroyah.
7%
Another established kaiju. (Please say who)
7%
A new kaiju.
30%

Total votes: 76

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Godzilla Anime: Who do you want to be the main villainous kaiju?

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Self explanatory.
Personally, I would prefer a brand new kaiju, one completely different from the others.
Last edited by Arbok on Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Re: Who do you want to be the main villainous kaiju?

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Godzilla.

He's already established his reputation as a big bad. He should be the main villain of this anime.
Spoiler:
Not to mention, he killed three kaiju, annihilated Los Angeles & San Francisco, and fucked up human/alien combined militaristic forces with ease. He's established as the most dangerous monster on Earth by the time humans have left the planet.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I as well say Godzilla.

Im sure most of the other monsters will be heroes by the end, those who survived.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

Not to be redundant, but I'd like Godzilla to be the main villian as well. Considering all his feats revealed by the viral marketing, (see the reply from Showa Gyaos) it would make a lot of sense.
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Godzilla or a completely new kaiju, preferably formed from Godzilla's cells. What I always liked about Biollante was she was technically Godzilla, and you could have a separate monster from Godzilla yet still be the antagonist.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Godzilla. I would like the appearances of various kaiju (either new or the ones confirmed) in the whole trilogy, but I really want Godzilla to be the main antagonist.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Remember this is also a triology, so Godzilla could be the main antagonist of the first film but then for whatever reason be the anti hero or savior of the series. For all we know the aliens could be the catalyst and overarching villain.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Godzilla, Biollante, SpaceGodzilla, or Destoroyah.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Godzilla for the first film, a new kaiju for the second, and, I never thought I'd say this but, SpaceGodzilla for the third. I just think that he would fit in perfectly in this universe.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

A completely new monster, right away, no waiting.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

Gabara. :lol:
* In all seriousness how about a mantis shrimp kaiju?*
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Billzilla1974 wrote: * In all seriousness how about a mantis shrimp kaiju?*
So the love child of Ebirah and Kamacurus?

:lol:

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:

Yes :lol: mostly because I think it would be cool to see Godzilla fight something that has a punch with the force of a nuclear explosion.
Extra THICC!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Billzilla1974 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:

Yes :lol: mostly because I think it would be cool to see Godzilla fight something that has a punch with the force of a nuclear explosion.
Yeah it would be pretty cool. But with the force of a nuclear explosion?

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Billzilla1974 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: So the love child of Ebirah and Kamacurus?

Regular mantis shrimp punch so hard it goes faster than some gunshots and creates an air bubble hotter than the surface of the sun, IIRC.

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Billzilla1974 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: So the love child of Ebirah and Kamacurus?

I actually tried to scale the mantis shrimp to kaiju size using a comparison between Showa Kamacuras and an actual mantis.
when I got it to near Godzilla's size (18,000 tons and 72 meters tall) I calculated that if the monster kept the same punching speed compared to its body size, it would reach speeds of 24,442.56 meters per second and be over 1 megaton in force(1.3 Mt including the vaporization of sea water).
Of course this just me guess-stimating.

Added in 2 minutes 2 seconds:
*I meant comparing the weight between the two*
Extra THICC!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Billzilla1974 wrote: Yes :lol: mostly because I think it would be cool to see Godzilla fight something that has a punch with the force of a nuclear explosion.
Regular mantis shrimp punch so hard it goes faster than some gunshots and creates an air bubble hotter than the surface of the sun, IIRC.
Wow, thats awesome.
Billzilla1974 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Billzilla1974 wrote: Yes :lol: mostly because I think it would be cool to see Godzilla fight something that has a punch with the force of a nuclear explosion.
I actually tried to scale the mantis shrimp to kaiju size using a comparison between Showa Kamacuras and an actual mantis.
when I got it to near Godzilla's size (18,000 tons and 72 meters tall) I calculated that if the monster kept the same punching speed compared to its body size, it would reach speeds of 24,442.56 meters per second and be over 1 megaton in force(1.3 Mt including the vaporization of sea water).

thats pretty cool, im not that good at math :)

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Yeah it would be pretty cool. But with the force of a nuclear explosion?
Wow, thats awesome.
Billzilla1974 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Yeah it would be pretty cool. But with the force of a nuclear explosion?

thats pretty cool, im not that good at math :)
Thanks! The response I usually get is that it's "--------" to try to calculate stuff like this. :roll:
But believe me, I am not very great at math either, I suck when it comes to algebraic equations. :lol:
Extra THICC!

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

I don't really like Godzilla as a straight up villain, I prefer him as being either mostly heroic like G14 and some of the showa movies, or as an anti-hero like he was in most of the heisi movies; neither good nor evil, so we get to see him wreck some cities but also save the earth at the end. I've said this many times before, Godzilla has a great established rogue's gallery at this point and their is so much you can do with them, so I believe new kaiju should only be introduced sparingly. As for the villain of this particular movie, I'd say Gigan as he would translate real well to anime and we probably won't see him in the Legendary series.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Bagan with Bagan and Ghidorah cells
Never forget tadpole :godzilla: