How big do you want the Anime Godzilla to be?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.

How big?

Around 50 meters.
11%
Around 80 meters.
12%
Around 100 meters.
33%
Little bigger than Shin.
12%
200 meters.
10%
Mountain sized.
22%

Total votes: 73

HedorahGrabber
GPN Volunteer

Re: How big do you want Godzilla to be?

Post by HedorahGrabber »

BlueGojira wrote:
HedorahGrabber wrote:When it comes to a discussion like this, I'll have to go with 80 meters. Always felt more satisfying to see Godzilla knock down a building that is twice as tall as him.
Thing is, there most likely won't even be any buildings.
Keep in mind this takes place 20,000 years or longer in the future, and humanity has been long, long gone.
Oh, I thought we where just talking about in general for the characater. My bad :lol:
Sir, you're interfering with my deep lore discussion.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

I'm hoping he's around 80-100 meters. We don't need another "No, this Godzilla's the tallest!"
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

100 meters max. Anymore than that would be overkill.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

I'm just gonna say 200 meter's because first it'd be ridiculous to make him so big, but i'd love to hear there explanation on why he is so big personally an actually have a legit reason other then ''biggest Godzilla ever'' response.

That being said 100 meters is fine, 120 meters biggest.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

I wish we could select more than one option. I want him to be anywhere from 100 meters to mountain sized.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Dr. Professor wrote:I'm hoping he's around 80-100 meters. We don't need another "No, this Godzilla's the tallest!"
You don't, but I do. :P
Showa Gyaos wrote:100 meters max. Anymore than that would be overkill.
Overkill is best kill. 8-)

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

I'm still hoping for a 121.92 meter (400 foot) height just we can finally have an incarnation that actually lives up that misconception. It feels like the next logical step after having green Toho Godzillas' with orange atomic rays.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

10 meters.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Gerdzerl wrote:I'm still hoping for a 121.92 meter (400 foot) height just we can finally have an incarnation that actually lives up that misconception. It feels like the next logical step after having green Toho Godzillas' with orange atomic rays.
Fire breath*
And the next live action film done with cardboard buildings. :lol:
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Rodan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Rodan »

Big enough to eat the sun.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

He needs to be the size of Earth itself, and that's why the Earthlings have to flee their planet...
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Rodan wrote:Big enough to eat the sun.
Pssssh. Godzilla should be eating Multi-verses man! Sprinkled with pocket dimensions and alternate timelines within each!
Spoiler:
100-120 meters max, IMO.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

I wouldn't mind him being so big that it is sort of beyond awe-inspiring...like...Biblical in proportion. Beyond massive.

BUT that can also come across as quite ridiculous. Once he starts to get too big, any notion of him in any way surprising or sneaking up on any populace becomes a little too hard to believe.

I also kinda want this 'size wars' thing to stop...if anything, them going with a smaller Godzilla to contrast this 'bigger and bigger' trend would arguably be the more interesting and artistically satisfying route.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Well, he is gonna be bigger than Shin. :(
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

At least in this case I can understand why he's bigger. It's been 20,000 years, he's a mutate reptile, makes sense to me.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Yeah, I guess this one is understandable.
Now that we know he's gonna be H.U.G.E., I really want a Lovecraftnian Godzilla. Something that can cause madness only by staring at him.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Jeff-Goldblum1
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff-Goldblum1 »

I want Godzilla to be big and for the people to be smaller.

Spydrmanjr
Monarch Researcher

Post by Spydrmanjr »

It make sense, alligators grow even marginally throughout adulthood until death. If given 20,000 years I imagine Godzilla grew into something massive. I wonder how big he was in the very beginning?

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Glad MP Godzilla will be bigger than Shin. Looks like we might just have that mountain-sized Goji.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Kaijunator wrote:Glad MP Godzilla will be bigger than Shin. Looks like we might just have that mountain-sized Goji.
Cool, maybe MP Goji could be the final boss in a future game, like he is so stupidly big that the Godzilla you play needs to team up with other monsters to beat him.