Godzilla Anime Trilogy Merchandising

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
RandomDeinonychus
JXSDF Technician

Re: Merchandising

Post by RandomDeinonychus »

Mechagigan wrote:Is that the same little Shin vinyl that came out last year? Looks slightly different
No, this a vinyl figure about 4" tall. It will actually have some articulation, if it's anything like other candy figures.

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

I was hoping we'd get a Shin toy like this. I love those candy toys!

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

RandomDeinonychus wrote:
Mechagigan wrote:Is that the same little Shin vinyl that came out last year? Looks slightly different
No, this a vinyl figure about 4" tall. It will actually have some articulation, if it's anything like other candy figures.
Ooh, sounds cool. I hope they make both forms, I like the more 'accurate' scale.

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Both Godzilla and the Sevrum (someone correct me if I'm saying it wrong) vinyls (?) were revealed. Not sure what the original source is for any of these.
Spoiler:

AbudJasemAlBaldawi
Monarch Researcher

Post by AbudJasemAlBaldawi »

Godzilla's gorilla legs look really weird on his hamburger body
What do you believe in, heaven or hell?
You don't believe in heaven 'cause we're livin' in hell...

ShinGi
Interpol Agent

Post by ShinGi »

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

MA looks infintely better than the Bandai. I might actually grab that. The Bandai is pretty terrible.

Added in 5 minutes 1 second:
Banpresto lottery figure.

https://twitter.com/AlexValdez1992/stat ... 8944650241
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Jomei
Futurian

Post by Jomei »

I think the SHMA looks the worst, frankly. Hardest pass.

Will be getting the standard Bandais. Basically obligatory. The Banpresto looks amazing, and I'll get it if I can afford it when the opportunity presents itself. Who knows how much it will cost on the aftermarket? May be better to wait.
XxHeiseifanxX wrote:Can we lower age limit! There are TOO MANY HEISEI HATERS!!!
Thatguy4683 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:04 pmWhat? Is this a joke? What gonna on here?
♡ Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin! Can't Bin the Shin!♡
Challenge me to a Pokémon battle

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

The SHMA brings Patrick Tatopoulos's "Shere Khan chin" concept for GINO back from the dead. Jesus.
Last edited by Showa Gyaos on Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Getting the bandai figures for my son, and the eventual 25cm x-plus figure.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

Toho is doing a collab with Sanrio to promote the movie: http://godzilla-anime.com/news/

So instead of Godzilla X Evangelion merchandise, it appears we'll be getting Godzilla X Hello Kitty merchandise. Now if only we can get the return of General Hello Kitty from Monster Planet of Godzilla.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

King of the Monsters wrote:Toho is doing a collab with Sanrio to promote the movie: http://godzilla-anime.com/news/

So instead of Godzilla X Evangelion merchandise, it appears we'll be getting Godzilla X Hello Kitty merchandise. Now if only we can get the return of General Hello Kitty from Monster Planet of Godzilla.
Of all things, Hello Kitty? :dizzy:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

4/5" figures. Can't remember the scale. People just call them "Battlebox figures".

Remember the Kiryu, FWGoji and the G14 that came out? Same thing.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

ORDER STOP for SHMA G2017 at HLJ. Again...

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Ive seen some images of a "blue variant" of the 6in Godzilla figure. Must be a theater exclusive or something.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

I think that figure is an exclusive that comes with pre-ordering tickets for the film online through a specific site. At least that's what I got from this.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

King of the Monsters wrote:I think that figure is an exclusive that comes with pre-ordering tickets for the film online through a specific site. At least that's what I got from this.
You're on point. 7-Net advance ticket order. Either choice of 2 sets - Acrylic diorama or original color soft vinyl.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

SpaceG92 wrote:
King of the Monsters wrote:I think that figure is an exclusive that comes with pre-ordering tickets for the film online through a specific site. At least that's what I got from this.
You're on point. 7-Net advance ticket order. Either choice of 2 sets - Acrylic diorama or original color soft vinyl.
Bummer!

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Hoping Toho releases a "art of" book for this. They did a fantastic job with the Shin Godzilla book.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

TheGregzilla
Ronin

Post by TheGregzilla »

So is that Kiryu the exact same Kiryu that was realeased over here?