Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy SPOILERS Discussion

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy SPOILERS Discussion

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

miguelnuva wrote:https://youtu.be/hM8bP3G3AVM

Just going to leave this here.
Yeah, a few days ago I went ahead and made a whole thread about it. Great battle.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

A review of the first film by someone who's a noob to the Godzilla franchise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5s23wjjqYE
Last edited by Monster X on Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Video for the project Mechagodzilla timeline events. Things really heat up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS8Bcoz4oko&t=362s
Last edited by Godzillian on Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Godzillian wrote:Video for the project Mechagodzilla timeline events. Things really heat up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS8Bcoz4oko&t=362s
They seriously should have made a series out of this...
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

King Ghidorah looks very Lovecraftian this time, even coming out of a Black Hole and everything. I like this design, very divine (also, I love when Ghidorah has hair, and the main head looks like it has).
I'm interested to see if the Exif turn out to be "evil" in some way. Metphies looks like he's mourning Haruo.
Last edited by Destorogoji on Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Solia
Samurai

Post by Solia »

Destorogoji wrote:Image
King Ghidorah looks very Lovecraftian this time, even coming out of a Black Hole and everything. I like this design, very divine (also, I love when Ghidorah has hair, and the main head looks like it has).
I'm interested to see if the Exif turn out to be "evil" in some way. Metphies looks like he's mourning Haruo.
Head looks so uninspired. Also is this poster real? I mean it hasn't appeared on the official Twitter account.
"Japan's filmmakers are really starting to perform a dick-waving contest as to who can make the weirdest and most untraditional Godzilla. First Anno turns him into the beef-jerky version of Hedorah and now Gen Urobuchi turns the character into his own incesteous lovechild with Biollante. I bet that next, we will have Godzilla get tuned into some sort of rogue A.I." - LegendZilla

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Solia wrote:
Destorogoji wrote:Image
Head looks so uninspired. Also is this poster real? I mean it hasn't appeared on the official Twitter account.
You can find the whole poster in godzilla-anime.com, as well as a teaser for the movie. They're re-using Heisei Ghidroah's roar, if I'm not mistaken.

Added in 30 seconds:
Here's the teaser
Last edited by Destorogoji on Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Not posting tags because this is the spoiler thread but no Mothra in Planet Eater and Ghidorah doesn't die.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

miguelnuva wrote:Not posting tags because this is the spoiler thread but no Mothra in Planet Eater and Ghidorah doesn't die.
Can you PM a source?
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Not posting tags because this is the spoiler thread but no Mothra in Planet Eater and Ghidorah doesn't die.
Can you PM a source?

Kaijucreativity on instagram.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

And Kaijucreativity's source is a review from Slashfilm. It's kind of spoilery, but it doesn't spoil the whole film.
https://www.slashfilm.com/godzilla-the- ... er-review/
Last edited by Gojira2K on Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Well..i'm honestly surprised that the united races finally realize what a homicidal nutjob Haruo is. Granted, space lagolas taking over and summoning a planet destroying celestial monstrosity is not better at all, but i'm glad that the general idea went into their head. I guess they are not as stupid as I thought :lol:

So basically, the "final fight" is not even a fight and all of the Mothra buildup with the Houtua people and the giant egg means absolutely jackshit. I honestly don't know what I was expecting lol.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

So in summary... all of this buildup, these creative ideas, and prequel novels have all lead to us to this. One of the biggest skreeonking anticlimaxes in recent anime history...... I shouldn’t be surprised, but I still feel let down
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Tarbosaurus
GPN Volunteer

Post by Tarbosaurus »

You know... I used the anime setting and kaiju for a special chapter of a fanfic I write for fun. When I did so, I tried to predict what was going to happen in the third film. I suddenly get the sense a Halloween special I did in the span of 4 days had a better payoff than the actual film. Wow....

Seriously, why did this seem like a good idea? Omni-Viewer predicted Godzilla Earth shooting Ghidorah down from orbit and even that seems more satisfying.

There's being original with an old property and still respecting what made that property good, like GMK, Shin, or 2014. In fact I'd say GMK is a good comparison point. GMK Ghidorah doesn't behave nor have a backstory remotely similar to past versions, but he still looks the part and gives us a good kaiju fight against Godzilla. Anime!Ghidorah has a backstory akin to his classic version... and yet he barely looks or fights like himself.
Last edited by Tarbosaurus on Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"That's what I get for attacking a pirate-scientist." - POLE7645 on Ogata's life choices

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

Tarbosaurus wrote:You know... I used the anime setting and kaiju for a special chapter of a fanfic I write for fun. When I did so, I tried to predict what was going to happen in the third film. I suddenly get the sense a Halloween special I did in the span of 4 days had a better payoff than the actual film. Wow....

Seriously, why did this seem like a good idea? Omni-Viewer predicted Godzilla Earth shooting Ghidorah down from orbit and even that seems more satisfying.

There's being original with an old property and still respecting what made that property good, like GMK, Shin, or 2014. In fact I'd say GMK is a good comparison point. GMK Ghidorah doesn't behave nor have a backstory remotely similar to past versions, but he still looks the part and gives us a good kaiju fight against Godzilla. Anime!Ghidorah has a backstory akin to his classic version... and yet he barely looks or fights like himself.
What's worse is that they literally advertised this Ghidorah to be a menacing, galatic scale threat that could obliritate entire planets, and the entire premise was to portray him as a "golden demise" and the "eater of planets"- yet from what the synopsis implies, he doesn't play the part at all. He just floats in the sky like a giant, transparent noodle soup, bites Godzilla, does something unspecified at the end and that's it. And all of this at the span of around 10 damn minutes.

I have no idea what's the purpose of those new and unique takes that have never been done before on the characters is, if they end up barely using said ideas. Anticlimax indeed.
Last edited by Dv-218 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Dv-218 wrote:
Tarbosaurus wrote:You know... I used the anime setting and kaiju for a special chapter of a fanfic I write for fun. When I did so, I tried to predict what was going to happen in the third film. I suddenly get the sense a Halloween special I did in the span of 4 days had a better payoff than the actual film. Wow....

What's worse is that they literally advertised this Ghidorah to be a menacing, galatic scale threat that could obliritate entire planets, and the entire premise was to portray him as a "golden demise" and the "eater of planets"- yet from what the synopsis implies, he doesn't play the part at all. He just floats in the sky like a giant, transparent noodle soup, bites Godzilla, does something unspecified at the end and that's it. And all of this at the span of around 10 damn minutes.

I have no idea what's the purpose of those new and unique takes that have never been done before on the characters is, if they end up barely using said ideas. Anticlimax indeed.
They should call these movies "Godzilla: Anticlimax"

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Is anyone honestly surprised by this stuff, though? The first two films were anticlimatic and boring as fuck. Stands to reason the third would be the same.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

I vote we officially rename AniGhidorah as TSM, The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Desghidorah wrote:I vote we officially rename AniGhidorah as TSM, The Flying Spaghetti Monster.
How about TFDM, the Flying Disappointment Monster?

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

...Why?
Just why the fuck do they tease us Ghidorah as planet destroyer, and then they don't show him destroying even a random planet?
What's the fucking reason there?
Uggggh
Just bury this Anime trilogy, and let's all pretend that it never existed.
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home