Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy SPOILERS Discussion

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Dr. Professor
Futurian

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet 2017 SPOILERS Discussion

Post by Dr. Professor »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
SonOfGorgo wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:No.....the ladies love him!
Nice one m8 8-) ;)
Thanks bro. :D

I really am curious as to why the aliens are so nice for once.
Maybe it's a facade, like in GFW/Monster Zero. Maybe it's something they won't reveal until the second or third film.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Dr. Professor wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
SonOfGorgo wrote: Nice one m8 8-) ;)

Maybe it's a facade, like in GFW/Monster Zero. Maybe it's something they won't reveal until the second or third film.
That could happen, but these aliens went to the extreme buy giving humans soms of their technology and living with them in space. Maybe some kaiju destroyed their home planet.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Thanks bro. :D
You're welcome.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I really am curious as to why the aliens are so nice for once.
Maybe it'll be a similar case to Invasion of Astro-Monster or Final Wars where aliens doublecross the humans.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
SonOfGorgo wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:No.....the ladies love him!
Nice one m8 8-) ;)

That is assuming they don't back stab the Earthlings as they've done 3 times before.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

LegendZilla wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
SonOfGorgo wrote: Nice one m8 8-) ;)

That is assuming they don't back stab the Earthlings as they've done 3 times before.
SonOfGorgo wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Thanks bro. :D
You're welcome.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I really am curious as to why the aliens are so nice for once.
Maybe it'll be a similar case to Invasion of Astro-Monster or Final Wars where aliens doublecross the humans.
Yeah, thats probably whats gonna happen.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Yeah, thats probably whats gonna happen.
Ikr, it's Godzilla tradition.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

In regards to the Biollante discussion, while it seems dead in the ground that Biollante herself appears, it's worth noting that Biollante is Godzilla mixed with plant cells, so of course these things would bear resemblance, assuming that they're not the shockirus variety and more of the Shin G spawn.

In regards to the aliens...isn't it obvious from the beginning that they're going to wind up evil?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Yeah, just like the " bird-type Godzillas", why not "plant-type Godzillas"?
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Looks like more monsters confirmed for Monster Planet!

-Hedorah (actual monster as opposed to just a bioweapon)
-Moguera
-SpaceGodzilla

http://news.livedoor.com/article/detail/13224601/

Passing mention in an article related to a poll held recently in Japan.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

GigaBowserG wrote:-SpaceGodzilla

It's amazing how one monster has made me go from wishing we get onscreen appearances from all these mentioned monsters to hoping that they're only mentioned in passing.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

NSZ wrote:It's amazing how one monster has made me go from wishing we get onscreen appearances from all these mentioned monsters to hoping that they're only mentioned in passing.
I'm totally biased. SpaceG's my fave, so I'm very happy to see the name drop. While I'd be fine with seeing his original design used, I'd also be happy to see him get a facelift so he resembles the Monster Planet Godzilla design for another incarnation in his library.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I am skeptical about all those monsters being in the film. It's most likely that most of them will just be cameos in a montage of events depicting the film's timeline.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

LegendZilla wrote:I am skeptical about all those monsters being in the film. It's most likely that most of them will just be cameos in a montage of events depicting the film's timeline.
If that. There are a bunch of monsters in the Kiryu saga timeline, but hardly any of them are actually shown or talked about in the actual movies, largely relegated to trivia in various publications. Best case scenario, we'll get very short sequences showing off the monsters (all with their anime designs and models) in flashbacks of some sort.
/crawls back under rock

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I'm actually fine with this. If any monster feels at home in a video game or anime it's Spacegodzilla. Heck I'd even be cool with him being the final monster.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

YEAH BUDDY! They remember that Spacegodzilla exists! Im sure atleast Spacegodzilla will have an actual role, probably in the next one or so. Hopefully.

B34sT
Interpol Agent

Post by B34sT »

The fact that there are three movies makes me think we can expect most of the monsters to have a decent spotlight in the films. I wonder which Moguera will be showing up (alien vs human)

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

I would be super surprised if Biollante doesn't have a appearance in this universe, especially with the whole nature theme the movie is giving off and that use of obscure and single movie kaiju appearing.
Last edited by Tyrant28 on Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Tyrant28 wrote:I would super surprised if Biollante doesn't have a appearance in this universe, especially with the whole nature theme the movie is giving off and that use of obscure and single movie kaiju appearing.
Yup. Given the resurgence of her popularity in Japan, I'm guessing if she doesn't show up in this film, she'll surely appear in one of the next two.
/crawls back under rock

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Spacegodzilla eh? Wonder if he's the big bad.

Added in 4 hours 2 minutes 33 seconds:
Just re-watched the promotional video. I think I spotted them working on Biollante's vines, so I'd say she's more than likely in (one of) the film(s).
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

NSZ wrote:
GigaBowserG wrote:-SpaceGodzilla
It's amazing how one monster has made me go from wishing we get onscreen appearances from all these mentioned monsters to hoping that they're only mentioned in passing.
They most likely are. In the Netflix trailer, we see a creature labeled 'Derived from Godzilla' and it's clearly a flying creature with multiple eyes.
And before anyone gets ass blasted, this is the fucking trailer from Youtube, Netflix's channel.
All we're going to get is mention of these kaiju on some database or some shit, and most likely, Godzilla's not going to even look like himself anymore either. -_-
Destorogoji wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
GigaBowserG wrote:Huh...
So apparently the freaky winged things are referred to as "bird-type Godzillas"...? (鳥型ゴジラ)

[img]/img]
Interesting. Im beginning to think that somehow Godzilla's cells have grown into new species and evolved over 20,000 years, which would in a way really make him the supreme ruler of Earth.
Maybe Orga had something to do about it?
Orga is mentioned to be killed by Godzilla before the planet became 'FUCK, EVERYTHING'S GODZILLA'.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.