Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy SPOILERS Discussion

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy SPOILERS Discussion

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

All I want to see is Godzilla using his shield to block off Mechagodzilla in a reverse way to what MG did to G back in 1974.

Oh, and did anyone notice that huge walker thing the Bilusaludos were forced to leave behind as they were evacuating? (Around the middle of the film).
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:All I want to see is Godzilla using his shield to block off Mechagodzilla in a reverse way to what MG did to G back in 1974.
And when Mechagodzilla loses I wanna see it get caught by Godzilla and then get bitten in half by Godzilla.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

The machine city will either create a lot of MechaGodzillas are will make a 300 meter MechaGodzilla based on the old one. There will likely not be just one 50m MechaG vs a 300m Godzilla.

Also 1000 foot Godzilla confirmed.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

miguelnuva wrote:The machine city will either create a lot of MechaGodzillas are will make a 300 meter MechaGodzilla based on the old one. There will likely not be just one 50m MechaG vs a 300m Godzilla.

Also 1000 foot Godzilla confirmed.
Oh yeah one of the translations of the title is like MOBILE BREEDING city or something. There could be mass production fifty m MG’s. That would be cool.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

An army of MG. I'm game. I really hope if the aliens turn evil we get some indviduals who side with humans, I'm getting tired of the entire race are bad sthick, the one exception being the Planet X woman who was dating an Earth man in Monster Zero. I would think being stuck in the same boat as us for 20 years some of the people from various races have become friends. Plus maybe some were kept in the dark on what their leaders plan.

TheInfiniteAeon
Monarch Researcher

Post by TheInfiniteAeon »

...so basically Battra...
Nah Battra is going to show up because the native girl brought Haruo to the Mothra cocoon and his vendetta for killing Godzilla is so strong that it alters the metamorphosis and causes Battra to hatch instead of Mothra.
In a post-Shin Godzilla world, the kaiju genre should, more than ever before, be held to standards of quality that are more than just "big monster go rawr". Don't act surprised when you get trash movies when your core audience asks for nothing but the bare minimum.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Living Corpse wrote:An army of MG. I'm game. I really hope if the aliens turn evil we get some indviduals who side with humans, I'm getting tired of the entire race are bad sthick, the one exception being the Planet X woman who was dating an Earth man in Monster Zero. I would think being stuck in the same boat as us for 20 years some of the people from various races have become friends. Plus maybe some were kept in the dark on what their leaders plan.
Yeah tbh the dynamic in MP is way more refreshing than generic evil aliens. It would be a shame to lose just that, especially when we have a set up villain already. I suppose I’d be OK if it turned out the Exifs are evil though, and are actually responsible for the destruction of earth and barusaldos planets.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Do you think we will know something about the Oratio? The sister ship of the Aratrum.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

The Aratrum supposedly lost contact with the Oratio sometime prior to the events of the film. I would expect them to at least bring it up in the next two films, it would be pretty strange for it to be nothing more than a red herring only mentioned in supplementary materials.
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Turns out there's a quick shot that the computer says Godzilla is 318.8 meters. I think the computer can't get an accurate measurement and keeps adjusting his height because Godzilla Earth slouches.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

TheInfiniteAeon wrote:
...so basically Battra...
Nah Battra is going to show up because the native girl brought Haruo to the Mothra cocoon and his vendetta for killing Godzilla is so strong that it alters the metamorphosis and causes Battra to hatch instead of Mothra.
That would actually be a very cool twist, and I'd like to see it on screen.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Diamondshark9
Ronin

Godzilla Monster Planet vs Godzilla

Post by Diamondshark9 »

Well, i saw this awhile ago, and it was definitely amusing. But compared to other Godzilla movies? Well we’re going deep into the rabbit hole now. I’ll be going over how this compares to some other Godzilla movies, and please reply on what you think or what i missed.

I definitely feel the story was nice. The whole Godzilla taking over, humans having to leave earth, come back 20,000 years later, battle, etc. Not too simple or too complex. And DEFINITELY not boring. Cmon. Son of Godzilla’s theme is studying weather. (Just and example) I feel it is very unique and is equally as good as some other movies

Characters? Meh. Haruo (heheh. Haruo) clearly has gone through some deep crap. Although he shows almost NO emotion except anger. Sure Godzilla killed his parents, happens a lot in SciFi movies, and characters learn to except it. But i understand the other things, taking his home, causing humans to go to space with limited recourses eventually even having to kill the elders, etc. It’s... erm... I’ll let this slide. The girl whoever, who the hhhheck is she, Haruo’s sister? His soon to be anime waifu? Wtf? She shows a lot of expression. Better than Haruo. And this one guy who sacrificed himself, we didn’t know to much about him to get feels from the sacrifice. All others characters, sketchy, but good. I feel like even the 98 movie had better characters *BOOOOOO* Ok! Ok! I know some people HATE this one, but face it. You’ve got two nice dorks who make a okay couple, the sassy person who i already forgot, Animal was pretty funny, and so on. Compared to actual Godzilla movies? Could improve.

Animation is a bit odd, but nice. Some shots of Godzilla looked nice! While others, meh. I would say Shin Godzilla had WAY better effects. But it’s animated, whatcha gonna do?

And I’m SO glad it’s a series. At first i always thought Monster Planet would be a show, turns out it was a movie. I mean, a show would be amazing. But it’s like both. Extra points for that, i like it.

Overall, not the best, but pretty damn gud. Go check it out, it’s free. (If you have Netflix) hopefully the things they had a downfall on improve in the “act two” in the series.
Oh oh, they say he’s got to go, go go Godzilla! :g2k:

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

Just as expected, a pamphlet for the third movie has been given out in theaters along with City on the Edge of Battle. The title is GODZILLA 星を喰う者, which roughly translates to "GODZILLA: Star Eater." It's coming in November, and the teaser image happens to be of a certain three-headed planet-destroying space monster...
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

TheInfiniteAeon
Monarch Researcher

King of the Monsters wrote:Just as expected, a pamphlet for the third movie has been given out in theaters along with City on the Edge of Battle. The title is GODZILLA 星を喰う者, which roughly translates to "GODZILLA: Star Eater." It's coming in November, and the teaser image happens to be of a certain three-headed planet-destroying space monster...
deep inhaling

BOI

I know Gorath implied a space monster was coming, but him? Now that I think about that old comment that Spacegodzilla and Moguera were part of this anime universe, perhaps they meant that they are going to use Spacegodzilla for the third movie's prequel novel.
In a post-Shin Godzilla world, the kaiju genre should, more than ever before, be held to standards of quality that are more than just "big monster go rawr". Don't act surprised when you get trash movies when your core audience asks for nothing but the bare minimum.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

I knew SpaceGodzilla wouldn't make the cut, at least. But I was hoping for someone other than Ghidorah. I mean, he would feel so out of place at this stage.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Ghidorah?... Eh, really wanted them to use kaiju not in the MonsterVerse
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

If ANY monster is so batshit crazy it screams anime it's Super Godzilla, but also Spacegodzilla. LOL nope let's use a monster we're already getting in the Monsterverse.

TheInfiniteAeon
Monarch Researcher

I saw an image of the third movie pamphlet. The Exif symbol is on the back, but also a tagline. What does it say?

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

Has anyone seen the film yet
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

Solia
Samurai

Post by Solia »

Living Corpse wrote:If ANY monster is so batshit crazy it screams anime it's Super Godzilla, but also Spacegodzilla. LOL nope let's use a monster we're already getting in the Monsterverse.
Is that true?
"Japan's filmmakers are really starting to perform a dick-waving contest as to who can make the weirdest and most untraditional Godzilla. First Anno turns him into the beef-jerky version of Hedorah and now Gen Urobuchi turns the character into his own incesteous lovechild with Biollante. I bet that next, we will have Godzilla get tuned into some sort of rogue A.I." - LegendZilla