Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy SPOILERS Discussion

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy SPOILERS Discussion

Post by SpaceG92 »

miguelnuva wrote:
Cybermat47 wrote:Screw it, I won’t be able to see the film for ages, might as well come here...

I’ve been wondering, are the two Godzillas identical? And if not, have the figures we’ve gotten been depicting the 50m one or Godzilla Prime?

Good name by the way for the extra thicc boi by the way, Monster X.
I believe the 300m one is a lot bigger muscle wise and then the merchandise which is based on the pre time skip. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Lol - you mean fat? :P

I kinda been going with the above ^. Merchandise seems to be based off the 50m Godzilla, which probably represented Godzilla in the past just with more wrinkles and stuff.
Cybermat47 wrote:I’ve been wondering, are the two Godzillas identical? And if not, have the figures we’ve gotten been depicting the 50m one or Godzilla Prime?
Compare :P
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=26303&start=200#p1526611
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

I think Godzilla Prime has more prodominent chin spikes as well, while the 50 m Godzilla has a smoother chin. I also think that the SH MonsterArts figure is based off Godzilla Prime, while, say the Bandai figure, is based off if the 50 m version. I haven't seen the movie so I could be completely wrong about this.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Here's a neat size comparison chart I found.

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Cybermat47 wrote:Screw it, I won’t be able to see the film for ages, might as well come here...

I’ve been wondering, are the two Godzillas identical? And if not, have the figures we’ve gotten been depicting the 50m one or Godzilla Prime?

Good name by the way for the extra thicc boi by the way, Monster X.
Thank you :).

Tarbosaurus
GPN Volunteer

Post by Tarbosaurus »

Gerdzerl wrote:Here's a neat size comparison chart I found.

Weird thought? The Legendary and Shin Godzilla on that chart weigh almost as much as the 300m tall version.
"That's what I get for attacking a pirate-scientist." - POLE7645 on Ogata's life choices

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Tarbosaurus wrote:
Gerdzerl wrote:Here's a neat size comparison chart I found.
Weird thought? The Legendary and Shin Godzilla on that chart weigh almost as much as the 300m tall version.
It definitely is weird, but, frankly, little-to-none of Toho's stats are actually that accurate (or even consistent with each other among multiple sources) to begin with, so I just roll with it. :P

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

I wonder how MG will go up against G Prime in the next film. From what I'm hearing it was made to combat the pre-timeskip 50 meter tall Godzilla, and seems to be on the same size scale, judging from the poster of the second film. How will it put up a good fight with something that's big and powerful enough to squish it underfoot?

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Vandarker wrote:I wonder how MG will go up against G Prime in the next film. From what I'm hearing it was made to combat the pre-timeskip 50 meter tall Godzilla, and seems to be on the same size scale, judging from the poster of the second film. How will it put up a good fight with something that's big and powerful enough to squish it underfoot?

Well its not the only weapon. The next film is called Mobile Proliferation Battle City. Meaning the humans are getting an entire city that can move, is armed to the teeth and likely has the facilities to create new mechs. Possible it was a super weapon that was never completed in time.

This is rather ideal as "Godzilla" is far more then a kaiju. Its an ecosystem consisting Godzilla Prime (it's progenitor), potentially other Godzilla Filius generated by G Prime's Clonal Fragmentation (Filius is Latin for "The Son"), The Servum (Latin for "Slave") and potentially all the plant life around them as G Prime has seemingly been terraforming the planet with its own DNA. Plus there are likely other Kaiju out there as well.

One 50 meter mech dose not stand a chance against all that. But a Battle City backed up by an army of super mechs likely based on Godzilla and other Kaiju? Well that's an entirely different ball game isn't it? But the trick is to somehow get all that tech working again.
Last edited by Monster X on Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Apparently Bandai is releasing a 50cm tall figure of the bigger Godzilla(300m). It is in scale with the figure of the smaller Godzilla(50m) they released before, which was 8cm tall.

Last edited by Vandarker on Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:57 am, edited 4 times in total.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Here is the official listing for the new figure:
http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000118109/
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Gojira2K wrote:Here is the official listing for the new figure:
Hopefully we get a smaller scale.. $173 is a lot for a figure.

Stefanos of Levanon
Monarch Researcher

Post by Stefanos of Levanon »

Monster X wrote:
Vandarker wrote:I wonder how MG will go up against G Prime in the next film. From what I'm hearing it was made to combat the pre-timeskip 50 meter tall Godzilla, and seems to be on the same size scale, judging from the poster of the second film. How will it put up a good fight with something that's big and powerful enough to squish it underfoot?

Well its not the only weapon. The next film is called Mobile Proliferation Battle City. Meaning the humans are getting an entire city that can move, is armed to the teeth and likely has the facilities to create new mechs. Possible it was a super weapon that was never completed in time.

This is rather ideal as "Godzilla" is far more then a kaiju. Its an ecosystem consisting Godzilla Prime (it's progenitor), potentially other Godzilla Filius generated by G Prime's Clonal Fragmentation (Filius is Latin for "The Son"), The Servum (Latin for "Slave") and potentially all the plant life around them as G Prime has seemingly been terraforming the planet with its own DNA. Plus there are likely other Kaiju out there as well.

One 50 meter mech dose not stand a chance against all that. But a Battle City backed up by an army of super mechs likely based on Godzilla and other Kaiju? Well that's an entirely different ball game isn't it? But the trick is to somehow get all that tech working again.
Personally, I don't like nor care for the direction it's going in.
I love interesting ideas and concepts being turned upside down, but this feels like's it's being handled poorly and while they have a clear vision of what they want, it seems more like they threw a bunch of ideas at the wall then connected what ran together.

Considering the way MechaGodzilla looks in this trilogy, my best prediction is that he doesn't have a true body and that it's mostly made up of magnetized Space Titanium that can rearrange itself around a "core"/the cockpit. The size can be adjusted through the use of larger or more shards/blades.
Last edited by Stefanos of Levanon on Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Stefanos of Levanon wrote:
Personally, I don't like nor care for the direction it's going in.
I love interesting ideas and concepts being turned upside down, but this feels like's it's being handled poorly and while they have a clear vision of what they want, it seems more like they threw a bunch of ideas at the wall then connected what ran together.

Considering the way MechaGodzilla looks in this trilogy, my best prediction is that he doesn't have a true body and that it's mostly made up of magnetized Space Titanium that can rearrange itself around a "core"/the cockpit. The size can be adjusted through the use of larger or more shards/blades.
Fair play, new ideas are going to jell for everyone.

Personally I much prefer the way it is going because if it was just all the old kaiju bumming around on earth and the planet was just a bit wilder I would have found that fun but not every deep. All you'd have is kaiju drive off humans and live like any animal would until humans come back and they fight. Destroy All Monsters/Final Wars 2.0 with a modern sci fi paint job.

It also dose not feel that haphazard due to the sheer amount of time spent reworking Godzilla and the full scope he's affected the world around him. The film is apparently very science babble so they must have taken to figure out how all this works rather then just saying "Godzilla's a plant because". I also feel that having Godzilla this way makes humanities plight a lot more real, they are not just going to be come down and kill all the old kaiju off and reclaim the Earth. Godzilla has effectively remade the earth in his own image, all be it unknowingly, it is truly his planet now. As alien to us as possible ours was to him. I just find that all more interesting.

As for the Mechagodzilla...I've got nothing. However the way they found it is very reminiscent of Giant Robot anime. Stumbling on a hidden or lost super robot is a pretty common trop that dates back to Mazinger Z, which is found by the main character in his dying grandfather's hidden lab. Then you a similar premise in Getter Robo, Gurren Lagann, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Big O, RahXephon, Escaflowne and so on so forth.

The Battle City is a new one, I can only think its a spine on the iconic spaceships/fortresses from space operas. Space Battle Ship Yamato, Martian Successor Nadesico, Gaiking and even Atragon. However in this case it's been scaled up to city size to match the threat of Godzilla.

I do not say all this to try and change your mind, just to give context to my view point.
Last edited by Monster X on Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

OGMechaMothra
Interpol Agent

Post by OGMechaMothra »

Gojira2K wrote:Here is the official listing for the new figure:
US places have it for $210 or higher..

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Gojira2K wrote:I think Godzilla Prime has more prodominent chin spikes as well, while the 50 m Godzilla has a smoother chin. I also think that the SH MonsterArts figure is based off Godzilla Prime, while, say the Bandai figure, is based off if the 50 m version. I haven't seen the movie so I could be completely wrong about this.
The chin and humpback are so far the noticeable differences that larger one has.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Given that Filius is Latin for "The Son", technically Minilla/Little Godzilla/Godzilla Jr. is in the film to.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

So, I think it is confirmed that the new 50cm figure is Godzilla Prime. It looks like a nice figure, if only it was cheaper.
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

Vandarker
G-Grasper

Post by Vandarker »

Yeah, the bigger Godzilla definitely has distinctive chin spikes.

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

According to GigaBowserG, the reason for G Primes weight is he lacks bones.