Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy SPOILERS Discussion

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy SPOILERS Discussion

Post by miguelnuva »

Do we even know if Godzilla would hunt Mothra down? There were different reasons from them fighting the first time and a potential fight now.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

miguelnuva wrote:Do we even know if Godzilla would hunt Mothra down? There were different reasons from them fighting the first time and a potential fight now.
I don't see why they'd fight after the 20k year jump, it's heavily implied Godzilla appeared to punish humanity for going too far and trying to overthrow Godhood. Mothra is there to teach humans how to respect the Earth and never try to rebuild civilization again.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

I finally got around to watch it, and honestly, I didn't like it, I don't want to go on a rant, I started writing something but I think is better if just simply say I didn't like it, and I think the final fight sucks. Is godzilla vs king ghidorah, in animation, so they had basically no real limit to what they could do, and it was boring. I'll leave it there, I don't want to debate. I just wanted to say I was disappointed.

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

the-killer-wc wrote:I finally got around to watch it, and honestly, I didn't like it, I don't want to go on a rant, I started writing something but I think is better if just simply say I didn't like it, and I think the final fight sucks. Is godzilla vs king ghidorah, in animation, so they had basically no real limit to what they could do, and it was boring. I'll leave it there, I don't want to debate. I just wanted to say I was disappointed.
I wouldn't say it sucks, but after the massive hyping and buildup of Ghidorah as an all powerful galactic terror throughout the movie, his end definitely feels like a lackluster shortcoming.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Destorogoji wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Do we even know if Godzilla would hunt Mothra down? There were different reasons from them fighting the first time and a potential fight now.
I don't see why they'd fight after the 20k year jump, it's heavily implied Godzilla appeared to punish humanity for going too far and trying to overthrow Godhood. Mothra is there to teach humans how to respect the Earth and never try to rebuild civilization again.
Because Godzilla is the dominant power on earth. As is nature's course, as is nature's RULE, Godzilla will take on anything that threatens his rule on earth or his offspring. That would include rival kaiju like Mothra.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
Destorogoji wrote:
Because Godzilla is the dominant power on earth. As is nature's course, as is nature's RULE, Godzilla will take on anything that threatens his rule on earth or his offspring. That would include rival kaiju like Mothra.
Fair enough, but, how much until the egg hatches? It's been 20,000 years since it first appeared, and it's not even explained if it was laid close to Mothra's death or if it was before; it's only mentioned Mothra left it.
My theory is: if the egg hatches (or when it does), Mothra will live undergroung with the humans, leaving the surface to Godzilla; but if Mothra actually goes to the surface, I think she could divide Earth with Godzilla.

Either that, or Goji decides to kill her again and search for the humans. :lol:
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:My headcanon is- the second Mothra hatches, Godzilla locates the tribe and Atomic Breaths them to death.
Roll credits.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
Destorogoji wrote:
Mothra attacked Godzilla because he was attacking humans who were the dominant lifeforms in the past. Now that the roles have swtiched with Godzilla as king and humans learning to live with him there is really no reason to fight each other.

Godzilla is doing his thing and Mothra would do hers.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

So did King Ghidorah spend 20,000 years waiting for the Exif to respond to him? Supposedly they had others scattered around the galaxy, but their leader was with them on the Aratum when the jump was made, ao surely him and Metphies were in charge of keeping touch with KG. Talk about waiting for a response :lol:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:So did King Ghidorah spend 20,000 years waiting for the Exif to respond to him? Supposedly they had others scattered around the galaxy, but their leader was with them on the Aratum when the jump was made, ao surely him and Metphies were in charge of keeping touch with KG. Talk about waiting for a response :lol:
He probably had other aliens out and about giving him worlds to eat. Besides, if he is an immortal god what does time matter to him? :P

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Ghidroah was established to exist beyond our dimension and its elements so I would imagine that Ghidroah doesn't experience time. It exists outside of time as well as it does space.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:So did King Ghidorah spend 20,000 years waiting for the Exif to respond to him? Supposedly they had others scattered around the galaxy, but their leader was with them on the Aratum when the jump was made, ao surely him and Metphies were in charge of keeping touch with KG. Talk about waiting for a response :lol:
Metphies is an archbishop of the mission to earth, the Exif pope is somewhere else. KG probably doesn't feel time or space,a s he clearly voids them.

Kongamera
GPN Volunteer

Post by Kongamera »

The arrival of Ghidorah marks the destruction of the planet and we're shown him not even sparing high ranking Exif priests on Aratrum. Metphies said there were only handful of Exif left behind. With such low and decreasing Exif number, how exactly do they propagate their religion across the universe? Whatever happened to that second ship that left Earth around same time as Aratrum anyways?

Metphies also said that Exif have been observing humanity from ancient times and have visited Earth in the past, so why such long wait to finish their mission?

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Kongamera wrote:The arrival of Ghidorah marks the destruction of the planet and we're shown him not even sparing high ranking Exif priests on Aratrum. Metphies said there were only handful of Exif left behind. With such low and decreasing Exif number, how exactly do they propagate their religion across the universe? Whatever happened to that second ship that left Earth around same time as Aratrum anyways?

Metphies also said that Exif have been observing humanity from ancient times and have visited Earth in the past, so why such long wait to finish their mission?
The Oratio was probably a victim of Ghidorah or another spacefaring monster (The author of Project MechaGodzilla s aid that it was one way that Spacegodzilla could be brought in) or it reached the destination.

Keep in mind almost everything Metphies says are lies. The Exif are scattered far across the universe, there are probably thousands of them. The Exif wanted to cultivate humanity to present the best sacrifice for Ghidorah, the same way a wine is not opened before it is ready.

CCMan
Ronin

Post by CCMan »

I don't see how Ghidorah going down pretty quickly after being built up is a deal breaker. It's basically a franchise staple. Still, this is my new favorite incarnation of him and I love the Golden Demise title.

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

I actually didn't mind the "fight" between Godzilla and Ghidorah being limited, as it worked within the context of the film. It wasn't a dynamic action sequence, but it worked in portraying the abilities and nature of both new versions of these classic monsters.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Ghidorah was never shown to be strong any way he had hax with him. Godzilla earth was invincible from day one even before he conquered the Earth.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

miguelnuva wrote:Ghidorah was never shown to be strong any way he had hax with him. Godzilla earth was invincible from day one even before he conquered the Earth.
Had Haruo been properly sacrificed, Ghidorah would have easily overpowered Godzilla.

Shin Gabara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shin Gabara »

It's a bit off to quote one's self, sorry.
Shin Gabara wrote:I could be wrong, but I'm getting a 'coming to terms with Humanity (edit: generalizing to mean any sort of sapient social species) being a temporary phenomenon' vibe from the trilogy.
In comparing what the Exif and the Bilusaludo are doing, I'm now seeing them as both extremely polar* attempts at 'immanentizing the eschaton'.
. . .

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Ghidorah was never shown to be strong any way he had hax with him. Godzilla earth was invincible from day one even before he conquered the Earth.
Had Haruo been properly sacrificed, Ghidorah would have easily overpowered Godzilla.
Due to hax, not out right power.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image