Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy SPOILERS Discussion

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy SPOILERS Discussion

Post by Tyrant28 »

miguelnuva wrote:The Rape is only really a Rape if Haruo reacts to it in that way. Looks more like a mutal letting off steam

As for Toho my worries for world of Godzilla just went up.
Uhhhh I’m pretty sure what happen was definitely rape.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

The way I read it looks like he wakes up after his armors comes off before the act.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

MrGoji1999
Monarch Researcher

Post by MrGoji1999 »

miguelnuva wrote:Haruo isnt a Messiah he is actually the problem. If anything Godzilla saved everyone again.
Spoiler:
I don´t know, Haruo doing a big sacrifice in the end in order to avoid destructive visions that Metphies told him will happen sounds like they are making him some kind of Jesus figure at the end though.
Now I have become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds- J. Robert Oppenheimer.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

MrGoji1999 wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Haruo isnt a Messiah he is actually the problem. If anything Godzilla saved everyone again.
Spoiler:
I don´t know, Haruo doing a big sacrifice in the end in order to avoid destructive visions that Metphies told him will happen sounds like they are making him some kind of Jesus figure at the end though.
It's the least he can do, he's the reason everyone in the trilogy dies, he's like Goku on crack.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Oh man, with Toho's new attitude towards the G series along with the one a year release schedule does not bode well for their new shared universe.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

MrGoji1999 wrote:
Spoiler:
Doesn’t that kinda contradict the fact that Metphie’s character was an allegory for the dangers of religion?
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

-Rape
-Ghidorah weak as a limp noodle
-Haruo is Jesus
-Toho said no monster fights
-Rape

You know... maybe Omni-Viewer was right to dodge this one...

MrGoji1999
Monarch Researcher

Post by MrGoji1999 »

miguelnuva wrote:
MrGoji1999 wrote:
Spoiler:
It's the least he can do, he's the reason everyone in the trilogy dies, he's like Goku on crack.
That makes sense, he started all of this thanks to his grudge against Godzilla, doing that is the only thing he could after seeing everyone else around him dying during the course of the films.
TyrantGojira wrote:
MrGoji1999 wrote:
Spoiler:
Doesn’t that kinda contradict the fact that Metphie’s character was an allegory for the dangers of religion?
Yes, but apparently that happens in the film.
Spoiler:
Metphies mentions that the Exif´s goal was to kill humanity by using Ghidorah against them since the beginning, claiming that they have been watching them even before any monster showed up.
Now I have become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds- J. Robert Oppenheimer.

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Edited:

Ok so I've re-read the plot synopsis and I'm 50/50 on how events play out, I'm praying to Ghidorah that it's the better option.

Not shore why people think this Ghidorah, I'm going with Celestial Ghidorah now when know his origin, is weak. He destroyed the Exif homeworld and is completely immune to everything Godzilla Earth throws at him while he sucks the life out of the Big G. I'll admit it's not a ground-breaking fight but Celestial Ghidorah is by far the most OP kaiju in the franchise as he's only stopped after his connection to our universe is broken. Heck, he's only been stopped not beaten or killed as it's made pretty clear he can and will return one day.
Last edited by Monster X on Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Monster X wrote:Rape.
I'm not sure why everyone's calling it rape, the plot states Haruo acknowledges it's Maina after his armor/suit is removed and they apparently do the do (seeing as Maina's pregnant afterwards, and that's a bit hard to do if one of the 2 copulating partners is asleep) , and the trailer literally shows him in his tank top hugging and kissing her, so I doubt that it was non-consensual sex between the 2 parties.

Added in 1 minute 13 seconds:
Desghidorah wrote:
So basically what he was in almost every Showa movie? As soon as the aliens lose control of Ghidorah in the films he gets his ass kicked by Godzilla and his buddies.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

So... Toho wanted to appeal to the female demographic... And that's why we got no monster fights... And yet they okay'd extremely sudden "romance", crucifixion, and catatonic death for the main three female characters.

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
Desghidorah wrote:
So basically what he was in almost every Showa movie? As soon as the aliens lose control of Ghidorah in the films he gets his ass kicked by Godzilla and his buddies.
Yes but he does do this crazy thing called "fight" where he doesn't try to break Zilla's death-speed record from Final Wars.
Last edited by Desghidorah on Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
I'm not sure why everyone's calling it rape, the plot states Haruo acknowledges it's Maina after his armor/suit is removed and they apparently do the do (seeing as Maina's pregnant afterwards, and that's a bit hard to do if one of the 2 copulating partners is asleep) , and the trailer literally shows him in his tank top hugging and kissing her, so I doubt that it was non-consensual sex between the 2 parties.

Desghidorah wrote:
That's how I read it the second time. It sounds like he wakes up before the sex.

As for Ghidorah he wasn't weak in the 60's it was just Gigan in the showa series that made him look weak.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:

Desghidorah wrote:
I've re-read the plot and edited my post on the subject.

On the note of Ghidorah being weak, well see my edited post but in short he's completely invulnerable to everything Godzilla throws at him and he is only stopped after his connection to our reality is broken. they had to weaken him for Godzilla to even be able to hurt him and even then all they did was drive him back to his universe. He's still alive and very much a threat.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Desghidorah wrote:So... Toho wanted to appeal to the female demographic... And that's why we got no monster fights... And yet they okay'd extremely sudden "romance", crucifixion, and catatonic death for the main three female characters.

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
Desghidorah wrote:
Yes but he does do this crazy thing called "fight" where he doesn't try to break Zilla's death-speed record from Final Wars.
Wow, it's not like this Ghidorah spends most of his screentime apparently killing Godzilla :roll:
Furthermore, the plot is posted into a text format, and is very light on details. Nobody, not me, not you, not anyone in the GA can actually say RN if Ghidorah is defeated in 10 seconds like the plot "says" (He could simply be describing the ways Godzilla defeats him) Or if they try to grapple with Godzilla before he shreks them.

Added in 48 seconds:
Monster X wrote:Edited:

Ok so I've re-read the plot synopsis and I'm 50/50 on how events play out, I'm praying to Ghidorah that it's the better option.

Not shore why people think this Ghidorah, I'm going with Celestial Ghidorah now when know his origin, is weak. He destroyed the Exif homeworld and is completely immune to everything Godzilla Earth throws at him while he sucks the life out of the Big G. I'll admit it's not a ground-breaking fight but Celestial Ghidorah is by far the most OP kaiju in the franchise as he's only stopped after his connection to our universe is broken. Heck, he's only been stopped not beaten or killed as it's made pretty clear he can and will return one day.
Because the plot says Godzilla punches his head off. Totally not like there could be, you know, details left out.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
Desghidorah wrote:So... Toho wanted to appeal to the female demographic... And that's why we got no monster fights... And yet they okay'd extremely sudden "romance", crucifixion, and catatonic death for the main three female characters.

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
Wow, it's not like this Ghidorah spends most of his screentime apparently killing Godzilla :roll:
Furthermore, the plot is posted into a text format, and is very light on details. Nobody, not me, not you, not anyone in the GA can actually say RN if Ghidorah is defeated in 10 seconds like the plot "says" (He could simply be describing the ways Godzilla defeats him) Or if they try to grapple with Godzilla before he shreks them.

Added in 48 seconds:
Monster X wrote:Edited:

Because the plot says Godzilla punches his head off. Totally not like there could be, you know, details left out.
According to the last part of the plot senopsis.

"Metphies has some last words that I honestly can't remember but were probably about Ghidorah winning in the end"

Emplying that Ghidorah is not gone for good and again Ghidorah, when he has an achore to our reality and is at full power, was completely out of Godzilla's league.

On the subject of Godzilla, appeantly he can now do his Overheat ability whenever he wants and not just as a an emegancy counter to his power organ overloading.
Last edited by Monster X on Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Ghidorah is not at of Godzilla's league he has a hax ability that protects him. When the hax was removed he was owned.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

I'm staying as optimistic as I possibly can as the two leaked scripts differ in some ways so I'm not 100% sure on everything. Still I do gotta find whatever the heck Maina did to Haruo not in the best taste as given what just happened to Yuko and a lot of others, he understandably shouldn't be in the best frame of mind and the two barely interacted until now.

Really what irks me most is the direction Toho gave them and what crap Shizuno pulled. How did we go from 2014 and Shin, two movies borrowing heavily from traditional elements with Shin akin to 1954 and 1984 and 2014 akin to the Showa era to this?

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Honestly I just wanna send this to the anime team.

GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

gottatalktothefake wrote:Honestly I just wanna send this to the anime team.

Be sure to play this card on whoever the heck at Toho said "No monster fights = Female appeal".

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

miguelnuva wrote:Ghidorah is not at of Godzilla's league he has a hax ability that protects him. When the hax was removed he was owned.
Thats kind of my point, Ghidorah posesses a power that pretty much nulifies everything Godzilla has and it's something Godzilla would never get round on his own or with any of the known ways other kaiju have helped him in the passed. Thats why he's out of the Big G's league.

Call it "broken" or "not fair" but it's what this Ghidorah brings to the table and as it stand no Kaiju I know of is in his league.