Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy SPOILERS Discussion

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Godzilla: Monster Planet Trilogy SPOILERS Discussion

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Titanoterror98 wrote:

Oh totally! It actually would have been a great way to up the suspense in the movie when you think about it. Like can you imagine how much more believable some of those debates between the humans and Bilusaludo would have been a little more interesting if Godzilla's footsteps started thundering in the distance, reminding them just how close their total annihilation was? Man, for a 300-meter Godzilla, he felt pretty average, didn't he?
That's a fantastic idea! Perhaps if Godzilla's presence was like, literally felt it would improve GE's image among fans.
Oh yeah he did feel average. I mean like the only real view of his incredible size that they showed off was when his upper body was poking above those clouds. I will say that GE's theme is badass, whenever it's played you can feel something terrible is about to happen.

I bet in part three GE will be asleep again since he will most likely sense Ghidorah's arrival........ maybe we'll see the Spiral Ray?
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Titanoterror98 wrote:

Oh totally! It actually would have been a great way to up the suspense in the movie when you think about it. Like can you imagine how much more believable some of those debates between the humans and Bilusaludo would have been a little more interesting if Godzilla's footsteps started thundering in the distance, reminding them just how close their total annihilation was? Man, for a 300-meter Godzilla, he felt pretty average, didn't he?
That's a fantastic idea! Perhaps if Godzilla's presence was like, literally felt it would improve GE's image among fans.
Oh yeah he did feel average. I mean like the only real view of his incredible size that they showed off was when his upper body was poking above those clouds. I will say that GE's theme is badass, whenever it's played you can feel something terrible is about to happen.

I bet in part three GE will be asleep again since he will most likely sense Ghidorah's arrival........ maybe we'll see the Spiral Ray?
Agreed. I do think that Godzilla Earth is a pretty neat idea and that there were a few shots that showed just how big he was--and quite majestically at that! I just wish there was more of those kind of shots and less walking through a trench and extreme closeups of his head. Plus, his theme IS fantastic! It's one of my favourite themes for him; I like how it conveys a sense of grandieur and imminent disaster at once, which is just what I expect from a Godzilla of this scale.

I think you're right about GE going back to sleep in part three, but at least it would make more sense this time, seeing as he has to recover from almost exploding. He might come back with a Spiral Ray, too, actually. Seeing as this series loves referencing Godzilla mythos (to varying degrees of success) and that GE came pretty close to becoming Burning Godzilla in the finale of part two, it may be in the realm of possibility. Besides, it wouldn't be an anime without a crazy last minute power-up, right? ;)
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Titanoterror98 wrote:
Agreed. I do think that Godzilla Earth is a pretty neat idea and that there were a few shots that showed just how big he was--and quite majestically at that! I just wish there was more of those kind of shots and less walking through a trench and extreme closeups of his head. Plus, his theme IS fantastic! It's one of my favourite themes for him; I like how it conveys a sense of grandieur and imminent disaster at once, which is just what I expect from a Godzilla of this scale.

I think you're right about GE going back to sleep in part three, but at least it would make more sense this time, seeing as he has to recover from almost exploding. He might come back with a Spiral Ray, too, actually. Seeing as this series loves referencing Godzilla mythos (to varying degrees of success) and that GE came pretty close to becoming Burning Godzilla in the finale of part two, it may be in the realm of possibility. Besides, it wouldn't be an anime without a crazy last minute power-up, right? ;)
He actually used the spiral ray a couple times in the second novel! He used it against Gorath and the final battle against Gigan( since he was fused with experimental nanometal) . But who knows if the spiral ray actually evolved into the ray he used to finish MG City, since nanometal is a pain to kill. Yeah, I highly expect GE to use some insane powerup regardless if it is something we already know.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Titanoterror98 wrote:

He actually used the spiral ray a couple times in the second novel! He used it against Gorath and the final battle against Gigan( since he was fused with experimental nanometal) . But who knows if the spiral ray actually evolved into the ray he used to finish MG City, since nanometal is a pain to kill. Yeah, I highly expect GE to use some insane powerup regardless if it is something we already know.
Really?! Cool! You know, the more I hear about these novels, the more I wish we could get an official translation and release.
Now that you mention it, his final beam did look more intense than usual. I would be pretty open to some new powerups myself. Maybe something like Gamera's mana cannon, where GE summons the power of the Earth itself to fire an ultimate beam. Or something.
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Titanoterror98 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Titanoterror98 wrote:

Really?! Cool! You know, the more I hear about these novels, the more I wish we could get an official translation and release.
Now that you mention it, his final beam did look more intense than usual. I would be pretty open to some new powerups myself. Maybe something like Gamera's mana cannon, where GE summons the power of the Earth itself to fire an ultimate beam. Or something.
That final beam most likely had all that extra power from charging it that long. Heh, I was actually imagining the image of Earth itself firing an atomic beam :lol:
Ya know, if GE had used that atomic wave thing from his tail, I'm sure it would've gotten him out of that trench; like before he got trapped in that nanometal. I guess he didn't have enough space? I wonder if GE will have some insane version of the nuclear repulse if like, King Ghidorah tangles him with his necks. That is assuming KG is a physical being or whatever.

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: That final beam most likely had all that extra power from charging it that long. Heh, I was actually imagining the image of Earth itself firing an atomic beam :lol:
Ya know, if GE had used that atomic wave thing from his tail, I'm sure it would've gotten him out of that trench; like before he got trapped in that nanometal. I guess he didn't have enough space? I wonder if GE will have some insane version of the nuclear repulse if like, King Ghidorah tangles him with his necks. That is assuming KG is a physical being or whatever.
Now that sounds awesome! (If only I could have felt that excitement while watching the movie... :P)
BTW, I like your new icon. S'cute :)

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Titanoterror98 wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: That final beam most likely had all that extra power from charging it that long. Heh, I was actually imagining the image of Earth itself firing an atomic beam :lol:
Now that sounds awesome! (If only I could have felt that excitement while watching the movie... :P)
BTW, I like your new icon. S'cute :)
I guess I'm just so ecstatic that Toho is allowing so many new ideas, even if they are a little underwhelming or have misused some potential.
Thanks! :mrgreen:

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Post by Titanoterror98 »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: I guess I'm just so ecstatic that Toho is allowing so many new ideas, even if they are a little underwhelming or have misused some potential.
Thanks! :mrgreen:
Here, here! Even if the anime movies aren't what we expected, I am glad that Toho is taking risks and pushing Godzilla in a new direction. Besides, even if the last part isn't good, we still have an awesome sequel from Legendary to look forward to. (And I seriously doubt this will be the one and only anime Big G gets ;) )

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

First look at Godzilla: Star Eater. Doesn't show any new footage, but it does confirm the date it comes out is November 9th. Based off the last two movies, I expect to be on Netflix in January.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crc4XAWASSg&feature=
Last edited by Gojira2K on Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

I hear Heisei Ghidorah in there... which I know is going to bum out a lot of people who prefer the Showa cackles but... oh well.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

TheInfiniteAeon
Monarch Researcher

Post by TheInfiniteAeon »

I checked the website for anything else. They got the Intro/Story tab for Planet Eater but it's still empty.
In a post-Shin Godzilla world, the kaiju genre should, more than ever before, be held to standards of quality that are more than just "big monster go rawr". Don't act surprised when you get trash movies when your core audience asks for nothing but the bare minimum.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Giratina93 wrote:I hear Heisei Ghidorah in there... which I know is going to bum out a lot of people who prefer the Showa cackles but... oh well.
Bahh, they got the KOTM Ghidorah for that.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

GojiDog
G-Grasper

Post by GojiDog »

All I'll say is this third film better be good.

They've been stringing us along for two movies now, and I want something to finally happen.
White Male Genocide is necessary.

Kill all white men.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Giratina93 wrote:I hear Heisei Ghidorah in there... which I know is going to bum out a lot of people who prefer the Showa cackles but... oh well.
So somehow they managed to use a recycled Rodan roar despite the fact Rodan's only screentime in this series is a two second blurry shot of his corpse.

That's ingenuity I can salute.
Last edited by Dawsbfiremind on Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

GojiDog wrote:All I'll say is this third film better be good.

They've been stringing us along for two movies now, and I want something to finally happen.
Nah, I expect another hour and a half of boring exposition, flat bland characters, and Godzilla standing around literally doing nothing except for the 30 seconds TOPS he might actually do something neat.

Ghidorah will probably be a space electrical storm or something, like Galactus was in the crappy Fantastic Four movie.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

PineappleProducer
Monsterland Worker

Post by PineappleProducer »

I actually kinda like that they used the Heisei roar.

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

I'm tempted to call this trilogy "Godzilla: Walking Simulator."
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Loganrules115 wrote:I'm tempted to call this trilogy "Godzilla: Walking Simulator."
Even the actual walking simulators that are the PS3/PS4 games have been more stimulating than the first anime. Even Super Godzilla is more anime than the actual anime. I gotta say for Godzilla's first fray into the world of anime it's been pretty hit and miss. I'm surprised I even enjoyed the second movie.

Added in 8 minutes 28 seconds:
phantomsdaydreams wrote:Does anyone realistically think MechaGodzilla will be in the third movie?
No. Mechagodzilla's head was severed from his body, hence why he fought a proxy war like Spacegodzilla tried to in the Heisei era. The difference is Spacegodzilla chose to, Mechagodzilla was forced to because it lost it's body and most of it's functions.

Added in 2 minutes 39 seconds:
I would have even been fine with a new roar. The only reason I miss the Showa is because it's Ghidorah's and not a recycle of another's.
Last edited by BlankAccount on Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^Would a Godzilla anime TV series done by the same team as the AoT anime work better in your book?

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

LegendZilla wrote:^Would a Godzilla anime TV series done by the same team as the AoT anime work better in your book?
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life