"GODZILLA 2017" Soundtrack Speculation

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

"GODZILLA 2017" Soundtrack Speculation

Post by Gotschiller »

I hope to hear Vocaloid-Rap, Beatboxing and J-Pop. No great orchestra or classic and iconic themes. Srsly who would want that?

How about you?
Hi!

GoodOlGoji
Samurai

Re: "GODZILLA 2017" Soundtrack Speculation

Post by GoodOlGoji »

Too soon to say, for me. 14's soundtrack was alright and SG's was stellar IMO. But I'm hoping for something a little different this time around.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I kinda want rock for this film, maybe something similar to the theme from Godzilla vs Biolantte.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Gotschiller wrote:I hope to hear Vocaloid-Rap, Beatboxing and J-Pop. No great orchestra or classic and iconic themes. Srsly who would want that?

How about you?

I'd be okay with J-Pop.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

I would prefer another orchestral score. It has worked wonders in Godzilla's 62 year history.

Really, it depends on the mood of the film. I feel that if it will be as dark and brooding as Gen's other works, then a traditional orchestra would be the most suitable choice.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

Something with no Akira Ikufube music in it, seriously.

AbudJasemAlBaldawi
Monarch Researcher

Post by AbudJasemAlBaldawi »

I wouldn't mind either thrash metal or dark trap beats (but not both), but obviously that won't happen. If anything likely, I wouldn't mind a dark synthy John Carpenter type soundtrack.
What do you believe in, heaven or hell?
You don't believe in heaven 'cause we're livin' in hell...

Xagzan
GPN Volunteer

Post by Xagzan »

Kaoru Wada.

For god's sake, Kaoru Wada.

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

It's gonna end up being electronic music probably.

Added in 28 seconds:
Crossing my fingers for some dark industrial type stuff if it is.
Last edited by BooLugosi on Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

BNSF1995
Samurai

Post by BNSF1995 »

I want a mix of new compositions and Ifukube tracks.

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Desplat, Shiro Sagisu, or Michiru Oshima should return. I loved the soundtracks for G14, Shin, GXM, and the Kiryu films. Ifukube tracks should be included as well.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

I wouldn't mind who did The Big O soundtrack.

Godzillabrawler
Monarch Researcher

Post by Godzillabrawler »

I know Final Wars catches a lot of crap but I like some of the songs in it, and the monster fight scenes in Final Wars feel like they could have been ripped right from an anime, so I wouldn't mind them taking some cues from it. Beginning of the End is my favorite Godzilla song bar none, and Monster X Appears and King of Monsters are also really great songs from it.

I wish I knew the names of the tracks for the scene where Godzilla gets freed from the Arctic and the music from the Anguirus/Caesar/Rodan fight, because those are also some good tracks. I want something that feels energetic and gets me excited and hyped. If Godzilla is getting something anime, I want it to be crazy, not ominous and depressing. G14 and Shin both went for more serious music. I want something bombastic.
"There's two things you don't know about the Earth. One is me. And the other is... Godzilla."

GodzillaGuy2000
Young Farmer

Post by GodzillaGuy2000 »

maybe Shiro Sagisu could return because the soundtrack in Shin Godzilla was amazing! If not, then maybe Yasuharu Takanashi could make the score...

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

AbudJasemAlBaldawi wrote:dark synthy John Carpenter type soundtrack.
I love this idea.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

I would be fine with Oshima, Otani or Sagisu returning to do the score. They all have experience in the anime field, so I think any of them could do wonders, especially if Oshima is given the chance to do the same kind of orchestral grandeur as in GXMG. Speaking of composers familiar with anime (and tokusatsu), even Kenji Kawai or Toshihiko Sahashi could be a good choice.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Bit off topic but the thought of a Shinya Tsukamoto (Shin G's pink towel guy) directed Godzilla film made me realize we would also get a score from Chu Ishikawa.

AbudJasemAlBaldawi
Monarch Researcher

Post by AbudJasemAlBaldawi »

tbeasley wrote:Bit off topic but the thought of a Shinya Tsukamoto (Shin G's pink towel guy) directed Godzilla film made me realize we would also get a score from Chu Ishikawa.
That would be very interesting. I'd love to see Tsukamoto make a Godzilla movie.
What do you believe in, heaven or hell?
You don't believe in heaven 'cause we're livin' in hell...

MechaMinya
Yojimbo

Post by MechaMinya »

I will wager that this new film will dip into the Toho soundtrack vault in the very same way SHIN GODZILLA does.