Your worries for Godzilla ANIME

For the discussion of the animated movie, Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters, Godzilla: City on the Edge of Battle and a unnamed sequel.
Malchik
G-Force Lieutenant

Re: Your worries for Godzilla ANIME

Postby Malchik » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:00 pm

Visually this looks like any typical modern anime, digital ink, muted pastel colors, soft line-work, computer generated environment, etc.

I don't feel like I have any real investment in this movie.
Last edited by Malchik on Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CyberZilla
Interpol Agent

Postby CyberZilla » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:03 am

Malchik wrote:Visually this looks like any typical modern anime, digital ink, muted pastel colors, soft line-work, computer generated environment, etc.

I don't feel like I have any real investment in this movie.

Here's to hoping there's some iconic visual imagery somewhere in the film. It would be nice... but seems pretty bland right now.
Kaiju fanatic and aspiring artist/writer.
:xilien: :g2k: Image Resized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized Image
Get the cool shoe shine.
Put on your war paint.
Who will know?

MechaGoji Bro7503
EDF Soldier

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:34 am

I'm still worried that some crazy time travel plot will be introduced in one of the films.
Are actors who play bad guys really bad guys?

"But so long as Godzilla fascinates people like you, I believe he will be resurrected by new generations of filmmakers in the future."
- Shogo Tomiyama

The day the world ends is the day people can't take a joke.

(Meditating on a rock letting go of the ego)

KingKong2005
Interpol Agent

Postby KingKong2005 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:48 am

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:I'm still worried that some crazy time travel plot will be introduced in one of the films.

Well the main character was a kid when Godzilla took over, and Godzilla has taken over for 20,000 years. So gathering what we can from that I think we'll have something similar to time travel, but it's actually where the characters are in a cryogenic sleep then are awoken by the machines and have to find a planet to inhabit asap.
My favorite movie is King Kong (2005), very beautiful and scary movie!
I joined these forums to discuss things like the Monsterverse, Games, and King Kong!
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Malchik
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Malchik » Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:07 pm

So Godzilla is, like, a sentient overlord in this film?

tbeasley
Interpol Agent

Postby tbeasley » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:40 am

In humanity's absence the earth's ecosystem begins to revolve around Godzilla, or something to that effect. He's hinted at being, or becoming, a plant based organism, like an elemental.
~ Tyler

Exterminate all rational thought.

Mechagigan
EDF Soldier

Postby Mechagigan » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:57 pm

I hope it's not especially 'preachy' - which is a tough negative to avoid, especially based on what we know of the plot so far (as well as concerning Godzilla's metaphors in general). I'm cautiously optimistic overall; though there's not a lot I'm sold on with the movie, I'm also not ruling out that it could surprise me.
Image Image
Image Image

Dawsbfiremind
Futurian

Postby Dawsbfiremind » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:55 am

Malchik wrote:So Godzilla is, like, a sentient overlord in this film?

All your planet is belong to him.
How can I be a blessing to you today, dear friend?

Current writing projects (working titles): Connections 1, Headstand, Audubon, Genghis, Ascending Lanterns, Fish 2.

PitchBlackProgress
Interpol Agent

Postby PitchBlackProgress » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:52 pm

Not so much a worry, more of a question. Is this getting a dub, and will said dub be appearing on Netflix as well? I assumed when it's released, it'll be subbed, but does anyone know if we'll receive a dub too at some point?
The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their '20s.

KingKong2005
Interpol Agent

Postby KingKong2005 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:08 pm

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Not so much a worry, more of a question. Is this getting a dub, and will said dub be appearing on Netflix as well? I assumed when it's released, it'll be subbed, but does anyone know if we'll receive a dub too at some point?

I'm hoping we get a dub. Dubs are great, very underrated.
I joined these forums to discuss things like the Monsterverse, Games, and King Kong!
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Solia
Yojimbo

Postby Solia » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:53 am

The roar may be reused like they did with shin godzilla.
"Japan's filmmakers are really starting to perform a dick-waving contest as to who can make the weirdest and most untraditional Godzilla. First Anno turns him into the beef-jerky version of Hedorah and now Gen Urobuchi turns the character into his own incesteous lovechild with Biollante. I bet that next, we will have Godzilla get tuned into some sort of rogue A.I." - LegendZilla

CyberZilla
Interpol Agent

Postby CyberZilla » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:53 am

PitchBlackProgress wrote:Not so much a worry, more of a question. Is this getting a dub, and will said dub be appearing on Netflix as well? I assumed when it's released, it'll be subbed, but does anyone know if we'll receive a dub too at some point?

Netflix version will probably be subbed. Maybe they'll have an option for dub down the line, that would be nice
:xilien: :g2k: Image Resized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized ImageResized Image
Get the cool shoe shine.
Put on your war paint.
Who will know?

OGMechaMothra
Yojimbo

Postby OGMechaMothra » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:17 am

I am worried now that their will only be 2 kaiju the whole film and that the Servum is going to a Gyaos like creature.
Last edited by OGMechaMothra on Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

CyberZilla
Interpol Agent

Postby CyberZilla » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:36 am

OGMechaMothra wrote:I am worried now that their will only be 2 kaiju the whole film and that the Servum is going to a Gyaos like creature.

Pretty sure they confirmed other Kaiju will be returning, so don’t just expect Servum and Goji.
Get the cool shoe shine.
Put on your war paint.
Who will know?

OGMechaMothra
Yojimbo

Postby OGMechaMothra » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:26 am

CyberZilla wrote:
OGMechaMothra wrote:I am worried now that their will only be 2 kaiju the whole film and that the Servum is going to a Gyaos like creature.

Pretty sure they confirmed other Kaiju will be returning, so don’t just expect Servum and Goji.

They might not show them in the first film.

KingKong2005
Interpol Agent

Postby KingKong2005 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:37 pm

OGMechaMothra wrote:
CyberZilla wrote:

I'm like 99.999% sure that they will, especially due to the fact that (as far as I know) they're not pulling a Godzilla 2 and Godzilla vs Kong side-by-side production thing. I don't think the second movie is currently being made as the first one is, they wouldn't reveal all these monsters and say it's for the second or third film when we haven't even gotten the first film yet.

Here's my worry for the film, well I have two worries. One is that Godzilla will b the biggest monster, which to me sounds like a terrible thing, and two, Servum will be a little pest as big as Godzilla's finger and not a full kaiju.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

OGMechaMothra
Yojimbo

Postby OGMechaMothra » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:26 pm

KingKong2005 wrote:
OGMechaMothra wrote:
CyberZilla wrote:Pretty sure they confirmed other Kaiju will be returning, so don’t just expect Servum and Goji.

I'm like 99.999% sure that they will, especially due to the fact that (as far as I know) they're not pulling a Godzilla 2 and Godzilla vs Kong side-by-side production thing. I don't think the second movie is currently being made as the first one is, they wouldn't reveal all these monsters and say it's for the second or third film when we haven't even gotten the first film yet.

Here's my worry for the film, well I have two worries. One is that Godzilla will b the biggest monster, which to me sounds like a terrible thing, and two, Servum will be a little pest as big as Godzilla's finger and not a full kaiju.

My understanding is they are doing them all at once since we get 2 of them next year.

LegendZilla
EDF Soldier

Postby LegendZilla » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:37 pm

The fact that Godzilla’s a plant now has pretty much killed it for me...
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

CyberZilla
Interpol Agent

Postby CyberZilla » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:35 am

LegendZilla wrote:The fact that Godzilla’s a plant now has pretty much killed it for me...

May I inquire why?
Get the cool shoe shine.
Put on your war paint.
Who will know?

BooLugosi
G-Grasper

Postby BooLugosi » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:32 am

LegendZilla wrote:The fact that Godzilla’s a plant now has pretty much killed it for me...

He's been so many other things that I don't understand why people have such a problem with this.

Return to “GODZILLA Anime Trilogy (2017-Current)”