Your worries for Godzilla ANIME

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Re: Your worries for Godzilla ANIME

Post by Bigdog »

LegendZilla wrote:Pardon me for sounding paranoid but, while I doubt that this whole project will be a sham as feared about Shin Gojira over a year ago, that does not rule out the possibility that Toho and Polygon were lying about this movie even being Godzilla-related, as evident over the lack of Godzilla-based traces in the concept art (i.e foot prints.)
Because maybe this is a smaller one that grows bigger, so thus, it can't be seen? Or maybe this is a Chernobyl like situation where much of Tokyo and its surrounding area becomes retaken by nature, or some other area does, and the entire adventure is about scientists who want to find out if it is still inhabitable after a century, explaining the scifi-like vehicles in the concept art?

Also, Godzilla wasn't seen in early promotion art either for Legendary, discounting the design that was never used anyways. While we did see a glimpse of Godzilla in the trailer, it wasn't anything to make of. Or the fact that Shin Godzilla wasn't seen until the first poster, or was there leaks? I don't remember. Anyways, that was for a while before we even got a glimpse of the big G. Then there's 1984 and 1998, which both hid the creature until the first trailer.

Not showing Godzilla is pretty much a thing.

If it's the first two, then we're not going to see Godzilla until halfway through, which would be fine for me anyways.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Speaking as someone who actually has Netflix, my biggest fear right now is no DVD/Blu release.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

NSZ wrote:Speaking as someone who actually has Netflix, my biggest fear right now is no DVD/Blu release.
Agreed. Still hoping FUNimation jumps in and snags the home video/theatrical rights for North America. With how well Shin Godzilla did for them, would be kind of baffled if they didn't. Hopefully the Netflix deal is just for the streaming service.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

I'm worried that they're just going to use nothing but old monsters, rather than coming up with new ones. With the synopsis, it sounds like there's going to be a bunch of monsters other than just Godzilla, so if they do use classic monsters, I hope it's only a couple and that they're more obscure ones, like Baragon or Varan.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Dr. Professor wrote:I'm worried that they're just going to use nothing but old monsters, rather than coming up with new ones. With the synopsis, it sounds like there's going to be a bunch of monsters other than just Godzilla, so if they do use classic monsters, I hope it's only a couple and that they're more obscure ones, like Baragon or Varan.
O my god if Varan shows up I'll be beyond happy.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

I'm a bit afraid this movie won't have much Godzilla screentime, or it will take a bit for the plot to get going.
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

Dr. Professor wrote:I'm worried that they're just going to use nothing but old monsters, rather than coming up with new ones. With the synopsis, it sounds like there's going to be a bunch of monsters other than just Godzilla, so if they do use classic monsters, I hope it's only a couple and that they're more obscure ones, like Baragon or Varan.
Agreeing with you as well, I hope each one of the monsters most likely featured don't just make cameos and have some buildup to them. I know this is a weird thing to wish for, but I hope they make a reference to some old obscure Toho monster such as Gezora or maybe even Ultraman.
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

With the announcement of the monsters are that are going to appear in, or at least are canon to, this film, I'm worried that Godzilla is going to go on a GFW-esque killing spree.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

One minor fear of mine has been put to rest : generic moe-ish character designs for the humans.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

I guess my only real worry is that the monsters all get some decent shots and time to shine

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

My worry is that the main characters will be boring. If they're gonna be one note (as many kaiju film protagonists are), at least make them semi-memorable. The main character sounds somewhat interesting but we can't tell too much from the synopsis.

That being my main concern, I also hope that the kaiju that appear get the treatment they deserve. I really REALLY want to like this film (I'm a huge animation nut), but time will tell if it ends up being a successful departure from the live action flicks, or just a weak oddity entry to the series.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Resized Image

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

My biggest worry is that they'll try to combine 2D and 3D animation (2D for characters, 3D for monsters). I've always hated that kind of thing.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:My biggest worry is that they'll try to combine 2D and 3D animation (2D for characters, 3D for monsters). I've always hated that kind of thing.
*shudders* Perish the thought... I'm getting Destiny Deoxys flashbacks... :freak:

If they did that, it better be damn near seamless somehow. Otherwise, go full 2D or 3D.

Resized Image

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

I'm worried that the kaiju other than Goji won't have any screen time.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

BooLugosi wrote:I'm worried that the kaiju other than Goji won't have any screen time.
Agreed. I don't want it to be Godzilla getting all the action with the others getting glorified cameos if that

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Godzillian wrote:
BooLugosi wrote:I'm worried that the kaiju other than Goji won't have any screen time.
Agreed. I don't want it to be Godzilla getting all the action with the others getting glorified cameos if that
I love the Big G and all, but he's really gotta share the limelight.

Resized Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

CyberZilla wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
I think that in this movie we will get either Kamakuras or a new monster in which our heroes will purportedly have an initial kaiju encounter with before we are introduced to Godzilla, then in the final act, another enemy monster will show up in the final act in which the humans/alien crew will be forced to join forces with Godzilla to battle against. In movies 2 and 3, then maybe we will get a Destroy All Monsters/Final Wars free-for-all battle royale involving Godzilla and the other kaiju.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

^woah, IF that does happen, the thought of aliens and Godzilla working together........what a time to be alive.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

Godzillian wrote:
Kinda like a certain movie in 2004. :lol:

Added in 51 seconds:
LegendZilla wrote:
CyberZilla wrote:
Godzillian wrote: Agreed. I don't want it to be Godzilla getting all the action with the others getting glorified cameos if that
I think that in this movie we will get either Kamakuras or a new monster in which our heroes will purportedly have an initial kaiju encounter with before we are introduced to Godzilla, then in the final act, another enemy monster will show up in the final act in which the humans/alien crew will be forced to join forces with Godzilla to battle against. In movies 2 and 3, then maybe we will get a Destroy All Monsters/Final Wars free-for-all battle royale involving Godzilla and the other kaiju.
I want this so bad. I hope the kaiju fights are really brutal too.

LukidonU
Yojimbo

Post by LukidonU »

LegendZilla wrote:Hi once again people, welcome to my first thread on this subforum. In order to continue a tradition, may I ask if any of think there should be reasons as to be cautious with our expectations? My main concerns are A) a rushed production that will lead to shlocky animation and B) The people involved may not even be big fans of the character and associated franchise. Therefore, we may end up with an uninspired script complete with an equally uninspired story and characters to go along with it.

I would like hear some concerns at your own thank you. Type at your own will.
Im Worried Its Going To Turn In To Tentacle Hentai Because You Know The Japanese!
Store In Countless Museums And Trapped In What She Calls Hell, Is This The End For Her Hallow Soul?
Poppy's Night, A FNaF Fanfic And Oh Yeah, Remember Godzilla Vigor? He He.. :twisted: