Your worries for Godzilla ANIME

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Re: Your worries for Godzilla ANIME

Post by Showa Gyaos »

LegendZilla wrote:
Showa Gyaos wrote:I think MC is more likely to resemble Eren than Shinji. Eren hates Titans and *truly* wants to kill them.

The poster gives me Eren vibes. Where the skreeonk does Shinji come into play with all of the art we've seen? I'm not seeing it.
MC?
"MC" = "Main Character"

I'm too lazy to look up the character's name.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Showa Gyaos wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:
Showa Gyaos wrote:I think MC is more likely to resemble Eren than Shinji. Eren hates Titans and *truly* wants to kill them.

The poster gives me Eren vibes. Where the skreeonk does Shinji come into play with all of the art we've seen? I'm not seeing it.
MC?
"MC" = "Main Character"

I'm too lazy to look up the character's name.
His name is Haruo.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Godzillian wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:I really want a Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood type protagonist who is flawed but still capable of doing things, as opposed to an Attack on Titan-type protagonist who is so paralyzed by his fears that he can't do a single thing without first resolving an existential crisis.
Well you obviously haven't watched AOT. Hopefully we don't get armor that has to wear a loincloth like FAB
Lain Of The Wired wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:as opposed to an Attack on Titan-type protagonist who is so paralyzed by his fears that he can't do a single thing without first resolving an existential crisis.
Have you even seen Attack On Titan?
I got about halfway through season 1 and had to stop, the characters were just too annoying for me. It seemed like Eren and that short dude couldn't do anything without first internally monologueing about how scared or doubtful they were. I know it's kind of an anime trope anyway, but it was too much for me in this one.
Not even Batman started off as a badass. Everyone has to start somewhere, it's called boot camp and experience.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

They've listed more kaiju, and hint at original new ones evolved from Godzilla. There's no way we're going to see all the monsters mentioned.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

LamangoKaijura wrote:They've listed more kaiju, and hint at original new ones evolved from Godzilla. There's no way we're going to see all the monsters mentioned.
What are the new ones besides MOGUERA, Space G and Hedorah?
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:They've listed more kaiju, and hint at original new ones evolved from Godzilla. There's no way we're going to see all the monsters mentioned.
What are the new ones besides MOGUERA, Space G and Hedorah?
I think he means "new" such as the bird godziller things- and other things evolved from him.

Edit: Oh I see now..
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Saansilt
Futurian

Post by Saansilt »

Now I want an Oprah cameo. Dagnabbit.
Gawdziller wrote:I fully endorse this comment.
Chris55 wrote: Anyone else hear Groundskeeper Willie when they read that?
My One Shot, "That Which was Before":
http://tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=22367

GODZILLA LIKE YOU'VE NEVER SEEN HIM BEFORE!
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=25688

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Im worried that eventually time travel is somehow gonna get involved.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I'll admit that the translated official text which states that Godzilla somehow has plant-based origins has me a little worried. Here's to hoping that he won't be entirely plant-based, but rather some mutated amalgamation of multiple lifeforms alas Shin Gojira, only this time using plants as the base.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

LegendZilla wrote:-but rather some mutated amalgamation of multiple lifeforms alas Shin Gojira--
Woah woah woah. Stop right there. Not correct.
LegendZilla wrote:I'll admit that the translated official text which states that Godzilla somehow has plant-based origins has me a little worried. --
Eh? Can you give a link?

Interesting origin change but I personally do not like it if this is true.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Godzilla having plant-based origins is pretty interesting. It's unconventional, for sure, but I like that Toho's not being as overly conservative as it used to be. I'll still take it over that dumb Godzillasaurus origin lol.
Last edited by Gerdzerl on Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:31 am, edited 3 times in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

SpaceG92 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:I'll admit that the translated official text which states that Godzilla somehow has plant-based origins has me a little worried. --
Eh? Can you give a link?

It's from various Japanese news outlets, but here's where I first learned of it: https://twitter.com/GODZILLA_ANIME/stat ... 0186651650
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

GigaBowserG wrote:
SpaceG92 wrote:
Eh? Can you give a link?

It's from various Japanese news outlets, but here's where I first learned of it: https://twitter.com/GODZILLA_ANIME/stat ... 0186651650
Always on hand with those sources, thanks Giga. Just read the article - mmmmrrrrrrrm. Not feeling this but - we'll see its execution in film...

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

I actually have little to no problem with it. It's nice to see his origins experimented with in this film.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

SpaceG92 wrote:Always on hand with those sources, thanks Giga. Just read the article - mmmmrrrrrrrm. Not feeling this but - we'll see its execution in film...
I feel you sort of, I prefer my Godzillers being of some kind of animal origin, but with pretty much every previous incarnation being that, I could live with a Grootzilla. So long as he looks and acts the part :)
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

No! After accepting Shin you all will accept BarkZilla weird ass origins and all.......He has become Biollante.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I hope he has at least SOME reptilian origin.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

He looks reptilian and that's honestly good enough for me. Creative liberties in new installments are what keep long-running franchises fresh and interesting. I hope the next Toho film / series continues this unconventional trend. Maybe a Godzilla that's a mammal or amphibian next?

I have to say, a plant-based Godzilla feels like a pretty fitting contrast to the "burnt meat"-looking ShinGoji. :D
Last edited by Gerdzerl on Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

I kind of doubt he's actually a plant. He probably just took on some plant-like qualities over the millennia.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:I kind of doubt he's actually a plant. He probably just took on some plant-like qualities over the millennia.
Fair enough, that'd make sense. I'm personally hoping he literally is a plant since it'd be so weird and unconventional.