30th Toho film?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Mastergodzilla
GPN Volunteer

Re: 30th Toho film?

Post by Mastergodzilla »

I would say so.
:baragon: :destoroyah: :muto: :bagan: :g2k: :monsterx: :gigan: :mechagodzilla: :spacegodzilla: :g64: :godzilla: :tk:
Check out my YouTube Channel, GodzillaFan2004! Has everything Godzilla, from reviews of fan films to fan films themselves! Please subscribe!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR1qg2 ... 4JEFNvBhCw

Mechagigan
Futurian

Re: 30th Toho film?

Post by Mechagigan »

JVM wrote:Animated adaptions and entries are almost never afforded the luxury of being considered bona-fide 'official' installments in predominantly live-action series. The general populace will probably not treat it as the thirtieth Toho film.
I think it all depends on the scale. The vast majority of animated installments in known series are low-budget kid's films; for what little we know about the Godzilla Anime, it certainly doesn't seem like it'll be that.

Not to mention, said series often have very few, if any other 'variation' specials; quite unlike Godzilla, which, counting this, has three completely different films in relevance at this point in time. An animated feature wouldn't be nearly as offputting for such a 'free' franchise.