Godzilla plot speculation

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Godzilla plot speculation

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Judging from the picture shown. I'd imagine this is in the far future which humanity left because of Kaiju proliferation and those people are coming back to see if things are better.

Imagine something like this.

-

"In the far distant future, Humanity returns to Earth for the first time in centuries after having to abandon it when nuclear war rendered it uninhabitable.

Once there, they find that life still thrives.

He hasn't forgotten what they did to the Earth.

*cut to black screen with Godzilla roar*"

-

So much to guess. I hope whatever the plot is. It'll live up to its potential.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Re: Godzilla plot speculation

Post by BlankAccount »

Godzilla is cloned after the previous died in an alien invasion as an attempt to take the planet back.

Futurian

Post by 3000 »

Kong: Skull Island except with Godzilla.
Member of TK Since 2006

Dracostar44
Samurai

Post by Dracostar44 »

I'm getting different vibes on whether it will be a futuristic film or ancient past type film
Why be king when you can be God

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Dracostar44 wrote:I'm getting different vibes on whether it will be a futuristic film or ancient past type film
Unless those are aliens you see in the image beside their ship. Don't see how this takes place in the ancient past. :P

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

It appears to be the same vein as Ebirah : Horror of the Deep, or Son of Godzilla in the sense that it involves humans exploring an uncharted island in the South Pacific.

jackzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by jackzilla »

I think that ship and the gear we can vaguely see on the three characters, this movie definitely takes place in the future. I do think that, the possibility that, monsters took over the world and humans left, and hundreds of years later three people are sent back to see how the planet is doing and if Godzilla and maybe even other monsters are still alive, I think that's the plot. The poster does confirm that, it does have some kind of futuristic stuff going on, and with one of the characters standing on a cliff looking out at the atmosphere, it shows that they clearly are exploring uncharted territory.
LONG LIVE THE KING

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

I'm kinda hoping for something that takes place in a quasi-futuristic setting, where maser tanks, TC systems, and artificial lightning generators are the first line of defense against the onslaught of various kaiju that try to wreak havoc upon the world. Something that incorporates elements throughout all of the history of the franchise and makes one great cohesive story out of it.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

Janjira54
Gotengo Officer

Post by Janjira54 »

Hear me out here, what if, what IF it takes place on another planet? Maybe Godzilla isn't a creature from Earth, and Humanity stumbles onto a planet with ol' Goji

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

What if they are people who just discovered and are testing inter-dimensional travel and went into a reality where Godzilla and monsters roam an alternate Earth?
cmdmstudios wrote:I'm kinda hoping for something that takes place in a quasi-futuristic setting, where maser tanks, TC systems, and artificial lightning generators are the first line of defense against the onslaught of various kaiju that try to wreak havoc upon the world. Something that incorporates elements throughout all of the history of the franchise and makes one great cohesive story out of it.
Hell yeah.
Janjira54 wrote:Hear me out here, what if, what IF it takes place on another planet? Maybe Godzilla isn't a creature from Earth, and Humanity stumbles onto a planet with ol' Goji
Or they cloned it? Or Aliens cloned him? Or brought them to their own planet.

Spydrmanjr
Monarch Researcher

Post by Spydrmanjr »

Have to agree with Janjira that the vibe I'm getting from this promo photo implies this is taking place on another planet. This would be a very interesting approach, however I think it may work with this medium due to the limitations do live action film.

I would suspect Godzilla would remain out if he picture from the first act of the anime. By the way, are we sure this is an OVA or a series?

Or the promotional image could have nothing to do with the anime whatsoever and it is a placeholder.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I'm not sure about it taking place on another planet and having Godzilla be an alien. Like many of you, I am suspecting that the human cast will consist of an expedition of some sort in the distant future, where the visit a post-apocalyptic Earth in which Godzilla and other similar characters thrive. By the end of the film, all but one or two of the human characters will get killed alas Alien and/or Prometheus.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

He doesn't have to be an alien in the normal sense, this could be Earth but Earth from a different reality and these guys are exploeres from a different Earth.

BehemothMastodon
GPN Volunteer

Post by BehemothMastodon »

I would do be down for weird alien world Godzilla or different dimension/reality Godzilla. I hope they get experimental with this film.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Going to be a prequel explaining the origins of ShinGodzilla. Hell, we may not even see ShinGodzilla till the end of it.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Mastergodzilla
GPN Volunteer

Post by Mastergodzilla »

I'm going to agree with what most of you guys are saying about it being a futuristic world. And I have one word about those people:
G-Force.

Added in 26 seconds:
People in the poster.
:baragon: :destoroyah: :muto: :bagan: :g2k: :monsterx: :gigan: :mechagodzilla: :spacegodzilla: :g64: :godzilla: :tk:
Check out my YouTube Channel, GodzillaFan2004! Has everything Godzilla, from reviews of fan films to fan films themselves! Please subscribe!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR1qg2 ... 4JEFNvBhCw

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Mr. Toots offered his speculation that they might be pulling a Planet Hulk but with Godzilla.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7KQNCB8aAU

Rodan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Rodan »

Godzilla is just like any other high school student. Things on his mind: grades, boys, sports.

But what his friends don't know?

He also has to worry about fighting crime.

A new street gang from Venus has descended on Tokyo. And they have weapons that are out of this world!

Now Godzilla's going to have to use the power of his magic scepter to flush out the evil that's seeped into the city. And he'll have to do it before first period.

BehemothMastodon
GPN Volunteer

Post by BehemothMastodon »

Rodan wrote:Godzilla is just like any other high school student. Things on his mind: grades, boys, sports.

But what his friends don't know?

He also has to worry about fighting crime.

A new street gang from Venus has descended on Tokyo. And they have weapons that are out of this world!

Now Godzilla's going to have to use the power of his magic scepter to flush out the evil that's seeped into the city. And he'll have to do it before first period.

Can this please happen?

Rodan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Rodan »

BehemothMastodon wrote:Can this please happen?
For the record, I was picturing Godzilla as a human-sized saurian monster, while all his classmates, and probably his parents, would be normal people. This difference would never be acknowledged.

He would also be gay, I guess. Gotta have that dreamy boy he just can't obtain.