Godzilla Anime: New or classic kaiju. Both?

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Havoks
Interpol Agent

Re: New or classic kaiju. Both?

Post by Havoks »

Personally, I'd love to see a return of classic and obscure kaiju along with some new ones. Give me gorosaurus, varan, baragon, manda, biollante, destroyah and hell even gabara with an updated troll/alien design. Since this is anime, it doesn't have to follow restrictions like live action films do so they should just go all out.
:terrestris:

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Tsunojiras, do it, Toho.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

I'm fine with using pre-existing monsters instead of new ones. I don't know, I just kinda like the nostalgia of diving back into a classic, or an under-utilized monster, and reinventing them instead of trying to 'have' to come up with something new.

Especially when sometimes the 'new' thing can often just feel like a re-imagined version of something we've had. Megaguirus is a riff on the Meganulon, as well as basically a sort of variation on the same type of 'evil flying insect' as Battra....who himself was simply an 'evil version' of Mothra.

I would assume that they wouldn't want to use any of the monsters Legendary is going to use in the MonsterVerse.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

MechaSkeleturtle666
Samurai

Post by MechaSkeleturtle666 »

My best guess would be mostly new kaiju. Perhaps a few older ones. I wish they brought back some of the less famous monsters that only appeared in one or two movies before. I WANT MEGALON! Not KG, Mothra and Rodan again.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

MechaSkeleturtle666 wrote:My best guess would be mostly new kaiju. Perhaps a few older ones. I wish they brought back some of the less famous monsters that only appeared in one or two movies before. I WANT MEGALON! Not KG, Mothra and Rodan again.
They've already announced several classic monsters that exist in this universe. We don't know if they'll physically be showing up though.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

LegendaryMonster
GPN Volunteer

Post by LegendaryMonster »

I’d love to see new kaiju, but I’d also love to see older ones that haven’t had much exposure. Titanosaurus comes to mind, Megalon would be amazing, and of course I’m always game to see my beloved Gargantuas! Hell, throw in Zilla while we’re at it.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I just want Matango zombie people
Never forget tadpole :godzilla: