Godzilla Anime Appearance Discussion

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Mechagigan
Futurian

Re: Godzilla Anime Appearance Speculation

Post by Mechagigan »

tbeasley wrote:
Cookson wrote:The way Godzilla was portrayed in that Shin Chan episode was great.
Yeah I thought it was a nice toned down version of the film's design, with the traditional blue breath and all.

It would make a very nice retro style toy -
http://orig09.deviantart.net/1a51/f/201 ... aa77zs.png
I honestly think this is the best the Shin design has ever looked. It's simple, straightforward, while still appropriately 'off' and malformed. I wish it had more use than the one short.

AbudJasemAlBaldawi
Monarch Researcher

Post by AbudJasemAlBaldawi »

Yuji Sakai's G2K concept is what they should use imo. It looks perfect for a gritty anime film.
What do you believe in, heaven or hell?
You don't believe in heaven 'cause we're livin' in hell...

BlueGojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlueGojira »

I believe it will be some kind of combination of multiple Godzilla designs. Maybe something like MireGoji, with the facial sculpt of RadoGoji and the color scheme of KiryuGoji.
SoleMan wrote: I feel like with his passing, it finally lays the era of Godzilla to rest. No more are there guys in rubber suits, no more are there fun, silly, kid-friendly Godzillas, no more are the days when you could make out in the back row with your sweetheart and your kid brother could be in the front, eyes glued to the screen. Instead we're left with the gritty, cold world of Hollywood and apocalyptic visions of nightmare creatures.

godzilla5417
Terminated
Terminated

Post by godzilla5417 »

BooLugosi wrote:
tbeasley wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see something wacky and out there, like these unused designs for Final Wars by Yoji Shinkawa -
http://i.imgur.com/2JKZUhg.jpg

Then again they could surprise us with a standard Heisei type design so who knows.
I would love a design like this if only to see the fanbase's reaction to something so bizarre and different.
I wouldn't really mind, Godzilla redesigns are expected and are one of the things I look forward to every movie. The only thing I don't like on Shinkawa's design is the tail.
I'am an atheist, and the closest thing to a god that I have is.......GODZILLAAAAAAAAA! :godzilla:

Little known fact, both Zilla and Shin Hangout at the same gay bar called GINO"S!

BooLugosi
JXSDF Technician

Post by BooLugosi »

godzilla5417 wrote:
BooLugosi wrote:
tbeasley wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see something wacky and out there, like these unused designs for Final Wars by Yoji Shinkawa -
http://i.imgur.com/2JKZUhg.jpg

Then again they could surprise us with a standard Heisei type design so who knows.
I would love a design like this if only to see the fanbase's reaction to something so bizarre and different.
I wouldn't really mind, Godzilla redesigns are expected and are one of the things I look forward to every movie. The only thing I don't like on Shinkawa's design is the tail.
Yeah, the tail is something I actually think could be beefed up a bit.

godzilla5417
Terminated
Terminated

Post by godzilla5417 »

AbudJasemAlBaldawi wrote:Yuji Sakai's G2K concept is what they should use imo. It looks perfect for a gritty anime film.
Thats my favorite Godzilla design ever, I wish they would use it!

Added in 1 minute :
Yeah, the tail is something I actually think could be beefed up a bit.
A little longer would be good to.

Added in 5 minutes 57 seconds:
I honestly think this is the best the Shin design has ever looked. It's simple, straightforward, while still appropriately 'off' and malformed. I wish it had more use than the one short.
If this was what we got in the actually movie, in terms of appearance,behaviors and abilities I would not have felt alienated at ALL. But keep the back lasers and the 3rd form, those were cool!
I'am an atheist, and the closest thing to a god that I have is.......GODZILLAAAAAAAAA! :godzilla:

Little known fact, both Zilla and Shin Hangout at the same gay bar called GINO"S!

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

Given this movie will seemingly have a natural and futuristic-looking setting, it'd be nice if this Godzilla had some influences from the Legendary design, mostly for the head and facial expressions, with the body frame of BioGoji and spikes like those from KiryuGoji but smaller, and a somewhat beefier tail.

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

master_of_monsters
EDF Instructor

Post by master_of_monsters »

your source of self destruction

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Wouldn't it be cool if that turned out to be the look of Godzilla in the new anime film? Would be a cool passing of the torch between films.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Saw this interpretation on Twitter; don't know if it's an actual image, but it's a very different take. Reminds me a lot of the Forest Spirit from Princess Mononoke:

Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

KingZillla
Interpol Agent

Post by KingZillla »

Huh...
We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent... Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." -The King Returns, 2016.

Let them fight - 2019

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Looks like I spoke too soon regarding its authenticity -- https://skreeonk.com/2017/02/16/exclusi ... -revealed/
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

I dig it. Looks very blue... but that could just be the lighting.

I wonder what's up with the glowing blue orb?

Is he transparent? Those look like veins running throughout him.

Annnnnd I see that they are continuing this "tallest Godzilla ever" battle...
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

Zilla103192 wrote:I dig it. Looks very blue... but that could just be the lighting.

I wonder what's up with the glowing blue orb?

Is he transparent? Those look like veins running throughout him.

Annnnnd I see that they are continuing this "tallest Godzilla ever" battle...
I'm gonna figure that they're going for a very supernatural take on this design.
As for the height wars...you win, Toho. You win.

those fucking spines though.
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Zilla103192 wrote:Annnnnd I see that they are continuing this "tallest Godzilla ever" battle...
At least this one looks like it'll actually surpass Marvel Godzilla :lol:
/crawls back under rock

jackzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by jackzilla »

Loving the blue. Looks like his Atomic Breath will be back to being blue.
LONG LIVE THE KING

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

An interesting design. I'm very curious about this, to be honest. What if this is a hint at a Ghost Godzilla sort of direction? Hm. Anxious to know more details.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

It's like Shin's body type combined with G2K's features... looks really cool, to me. The weird veins running throughout and the transparency definitely remind me of the 'ghost' idea, but I also feel like it might just be an artistic thing...