Godzilla Anime Appearance Discussion

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Zilla103192
Keizer

Re: Godzilla Anime Appearance Speculation

Post by Zilla103192 »

Speculations on the blue orb. In order from most possible to very unlikely.

1- This is the beginning of him charging his beam. Starts in his chest and works its way out of his mouth.

2- He is growing from this orb. he could start just as the orb and slowly get bigger and bigger.

3-This is the ghostof Godzilla. And the film is about his spirit returning after so long. Maybe regenerating...

4- This isn't Godzilla. the blue orb is another creature, or alien and it's replicating a new Godzilla body around it. Kinda like Orga.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

I guess you can say they're really putting a whole lot more emphasis on the God in Godzilla. ;) 8-)
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Zilla103192 wrote:3-This is the ghostof Godzilla. And the film is about his spirit returning after so long. Maybe regenerating...
For now, leaning a little more towards this. Some kind of ancient spirit is what I feel. So long as he acts like Godzilla, I'm totally down with it, corporeal or not.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

KingZillla
Interpol Agent

Post by KingZillla »

He almost looks transparent.
We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent... Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." -The King Returns, 2016.

Let them fight - 2019

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Zilla103192 wrote: 4- This isn't Godzilla. the blue orb is another creature, or alien and it's replicating a new Godzilla body around it. Kinda like Orga.

I had this thought, as well. Although for now I'm really leaning more towards Ghost of Godzilla, or just an artistic choice.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

Can't wait for someone to call this GINO 3.0 and for another "le hippocracy" thread.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

KingZillla
Interpol Agent

Post by KingZillla »

Maritonic wrote:
Zilla103192 wrote: 4- This isn't Godzilla. the blue orb is another creature, or alien and it's replicating a new Godzilla body around it. Kinda like Orga.

I had this thought, as well. Although for now I'm really leaning more towards Ghost of Godzilla, or just an artistic choice.
Didn't the blurb confirm it's Godzilla?
We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent... Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." -The King Returns, 2016.

Let them fight - 2019

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

That is not a orb. That's the sun. You can SEE through this Godzilla. Toho has gone complete "you can do whatever you want with Godzilla" mode. I at least love they're taking chances.

I'm also going to wait for something more official to release this... The anime style looks slightly different in this "concept art" than the other two.

Added in 10 minutes 52 seconds:
It is fan art. Guy just confirmed it on Twitter... He said "Sorry, this is fan art. Not related to official."
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

It looks too G2K, not a fan
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Cookson wrote:Added in 10 minutes 52 seconds:
It is fan art. Guy just confirmed it on Twitter... He said "Sorry, this is fan art. Not related to official."
Yup, there it is. Saw the dude's post too, but he hadn't posted it to his art profile yet, and didn't reply to comments about it being authentic until about an hour later. Too bad!

https://twitter.com/sttcom3373/status/8 ... 8195578881
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Why did that Skreoonk website run with it as official from "sources from Japan".... What a piece of junk website.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Saw that comin from a mile away.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Cookson wrote:Image

Wouldn't it be cool if that turned out to be the look of Godzilla in the new anime film? Would be a cool passing of the torch between films.
I still think the design has a shot at being that above. Just kind of a random Godzilla statue promoting Shin Godzillas home video release.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

KInda glad. Looked very generic overall.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Cookson wrote:Why did that Skreoonk website run with it as official from "sources from Japan".... What a piece of junk website.
^this. Only reason I thought it was legit was because that site ran with it being official.

Oh well. At least it got a discussion going! :)
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

When I saw "Skreeonk.com" red flags immediately popped up. They've done stupid shit like this before.

Still, it's disappointing. I like the design. It has a Miyazaki feeling to it, like something from Princess Mononoke.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

GigaBowserG wrote:
Zilla103192 wrote:Annnnnd I see that they are continuing this "tallest Godzilla ever" battle...
At least this one looks like it'll actually surpass Marvel Godzilla :lol:
Hope it's real and not fan art.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Living Corpse wrote:
GigaBowserG wrote:At least this one looks like it'll actually surpass Marvel Godzilla :lol:
Oh, it's fan art. Found the original artist's comment about it debunking it.
/crawls back under rock

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Damn it.

codycameron09
JXSDF Technician

Post by codycameron09 »

GigaBowserG wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
GigaBowserG wrote:At least this one looks like it'll actually surpass Marvel Godzilla :lol:
Oh, it's fan art. Found the original artist's comment about it debunking it.
Thank God(zilla) it's fan art. A 2000 ft tall transparent Godzilla? We already got a bloody turd zombie zilla with a mutant tail last year. We don't need a giant ghost zilla this year! hahaha