Godzilla Anime Appearance Discussion

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Re: Godzilla Anime Appearance Speculation

Post by Destorogoji »

LegendZilla wrote:In December of 2015, Toho gave us our first picture of Shin Gojira in the form of a mugshot on the teaser poster. That was 7 months until the film was released. I would give them at least one month to show this movie's version of Godzilla to the public, otherwise, all this time they were just jerking off in our faces over the whole thing and everything up until now was a flat out lie about this actually being a Godzilla film. Either that, or Godzilla is actually some sort of invisible omnipresent entity in this movie.

*Pardon my vulgarity, but come on, if you guys had too wait any longer you would feel the same way.
I don't have too much trouble with the waiting, I could even wait until october if they want to reveal Goji's appearance that month. I really love speculating.
And yeah,
Spoiler:
Godzilla being an omnipresent being is a big possibility, even in the spanish description of the film in Netflix says "...in a world where the legendary symbol of chaos and destruction has changed in an unimaginable way."
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^That's exactly what I am worried about. If we're lucky Godzilla will turn out to be like something along the lines of that purported concept art that turned out to be fan art. If things take a turn for the worse, we just might get something along the lines of Cloud-Galactus.

scottzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by scottzilla »

I watched the Omni Viewer theory and I do see where he's coming from, however I don't know if Toho would be so ballsy to not even include Godzilla in their own movie called Godzilla. That's begging for an uproar in the fandom and would make Godzilla 1998 the second most hated movie in the franchise.

Until the movie comes out or we get an actual trailer, I think it's only safe to assume Godzilla is in this movie and that they're trying to generate an enormous amount of hype for his reveal.

As for his look, slimmed down Hesei body with G14 face, and I want him to be astronomically huge.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I remember back in 2002, it took until at least September for them to reveal Kiryu to the public. At this rate, I'd say Toho is bound to go that route.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

A Godzilla movie WITHOUT Godzilla in it? That's a GOOD one... :lol:

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

Destorogoji wrote: And yeah,
Spoiler:
Godzilla being an omnipresent being is a big possibility, even in the spanish description of the film in Netflix says "...in a world where the legendary symbol of chaos and destruction has changed in an unimaginable way."
If your theory turns out to be true, this will be me:

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Would be a terrible idea to do that.....
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

(Edit, ignore)
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

GigaBowserG wrote:(Edit, ignore)
Now I'm interested :P

atomiccrusader
Samurai

Post by atomiccrusader »

Well here it is, straight from the official site.
And Then A Skeleton Popped Out! | Check out my Tumblr: http://atomic-crusader.tumblr.com

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

WOW!!! ITs like the G14 design!.....a little too much. But I still like it.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Interesting, I thought they would go with something more along the lines of Kiryu Goji.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

According to this article, the Godzilla was purposely designed to appear muscular to evoke a sense of power, due to his giant body having unique body tissues and muscle fibers. It will also be taller than Shin Godzilla due to its constant growth over 20,000 years: http://www.crank-in.net/game_animation/news/50185
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Shazam14
EDF Instructor

Post by Shazam14 »

He a thiccboi. Kinda surprised they went with the 2014 design.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

GigaBowserG wrote:According to this article, the Godzilla was purposely designed to appear muscular to evoke a sense of power, due to his giant body having unique body tissues and muscle fibers. It will also be taller than Shin Godzilla due to its constant growth over 20,000 years: http://www.crank-in.net/game_animation/news/50185
And the trend of continuing to make Godzilla bigger and bigger continues.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

G'14 certainly isn't a bad look to be inspired by. I'm diggin' it.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

This dude looks fat and ripped, I really like him. Maybe a little too much 2014 for my taste, but he still looks really good.
I can see the rectangular head of SokogekiGoji, too.

Added in 2 minutes 50 seconds:
GalacticPetey wrote:
GigaBowserG wrote:According to this article, the Godzilla was purposely designed to appear muscular to evoke a sense of power, due to his giant body having unique body tissues and muscle fibers. It will also be taller than Shin Godzilla due to its constant growth over 20,000 years: http://www.crank-in.net/game_animation/news/50185
And the trend of continuing to make Godzilla bigger and bigger continues.
I'm actually not surprised for this one. The writer is known for making Lovecraft-inspired stories, so I guess this Godzilla will go in the lines of an Eldritch Abomination.
Last edited by Destorogoji on Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

I like.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

GODZILLA2877
G-Force Personnel

Post by GODZILLA2877 »

I can't wait to own a figure of him!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

If Godzilla gains Lovecraftian style powers, then he really could become probably one of the most powerful fictional characters if we combine his powers with the powers of other Godzillas! :freak:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos