Godzilla Anime Appearance Discussion

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Re: Godzilla Anime Appearance Discussion

Post by Tyrant28 »

He was moving fluidly in that flashback shot of him roaring. So he probably still does it was just the shots they showed just wasn't him moving at the moment.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Lol Legendary Godzilla isn't the closest design to the classics. It's not incredibly derivative, but Shin Godzilla is closer since it's basically 1954 with some slight alterations.
Counting the other forms, Shin is the most un-Godzilla like since Zilla.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

yeesh, some many folks here whinging about Shin and this new Anime design.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

SonOfGorgo wrote:yeesh, some many folks here whinging about Shin and this new Anime design.
Welcome to TK :huge: .

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

goji89 wrote:Welcome to TK :huge: .
TBH, I'm not bothered by either design and/or portrayal. In fact, I like both.
Besides, no-one batted an eye when MireGoji and GMKGoji looked different from Heisei's designs.

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

SonOfGorgo wrote:
Besides, no-one batted an eye when MireGoji and GMKGoji looked different from Heisei's designs.
If you can't see how Shin and MonPla look significantly different from the standard Godzilla design and think they are comparable to Millennium and GMK Godzilla, then I don't know what to tell you.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

SG-17 wrote:
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:Lol Legendary Godzilla isn't the closest design to the classics. It's not incredibly derivative, but Shin Godzilla is closer since it's basically 1954 with some slight alterations.
Nope, that would be the LP Godzilla. Shin Godzilla looks, acts, and is closer to the 1954 original and other gojis when compared to LP Godzilla.

Added in 2 minutes :
SG-17 wrote:
SonOfGorgo wrote:
If you can't see how Shin and MonPla look significantly different from the standard Godzilla design and think they are comparable to Millennium and GMK Godzilla, then I don't know what to tell you.
Sorry, but Shin Godzilla resembles the 1954-55 Godzilla, and MP resembles LP Godzilla. Shingoji looks very similar to the standard Godzilla design, as does MP Goji, with some bizarre twists and additions.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

How exactly does Shin resemble G54 more? The long ass tail, the 5 rows of scutes, the tiny arms, the split jaw, the pear shape, the beady eyes, the extra toe nails growing on his feet.?

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

Seen some pictures around the web and now I'd really like to see Godzilla's atomic breath be neon green.

Most likely won't be but one can dream. :)

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Dracosaurian wrote:Seen some pictures around the web and now I'd really like to see Godzilla's atomic breath be neon green.

Most likely won't be but one can dream. :)
Well, we've had purple lasers, blue beams, vapor breathe, red beams, spiral beams hell....why not a neon green beam.
Last edited by goji89 on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:
SG-17 wrote:
Nope, that would be the LP Godzilla. Shin Godzilla looks, acts, and is closer to the 1954 original and other gojis when compared to LP Godzilla.
goji89 wrote:How exactly does Shin resemble G54 more? The long ass tail, the 5 rows of scutes, the tiny arms, the split jaw, the pear shape, the beady eyes, the extra toe nails growing on his feet.?
Added in 2 minutes :
SG-17 wrote:
SonOfGorgo wrote: TBH, I'm not bothered by either design and/or portrayal. In fact, I like both.
Sorry, but Shin Godzilla resembles the 1954-55 Godzilla, and MP resembles LP Godzilla. Shingoji looks very similar to the standard Godzilla design, as does MP Goji, with some bizarre twists and additions.
Legendary Godzilla isn't made of plants.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

SG-17 wrote:If you can't see how Shin and MonPla look significantly different from the standard Godzilla design and think they are comparable to Millennium and GMK Godzilla, then I don't know what to tell you.
First, what would you consider to be the ''standard Godzilla design?
Second, the look had almost always been different one way or another for decades:
http://i.imgur.com/g2J1taL.jpg
Third, I wasn't comparing the designs themselves, I was comparing people's reactions of such.

Added in 3 minutes :
goji89 wrote:How exactly does Shin resemble G54 more? The long ass tail, the 5 rows of scutes, the tiny arms, the split jaw, the pear shape, the beady eyes, the extra toe nails growing on his feet.?
It's called an update. Get with the times bro.
http://i.imgur.com/N2OXu2j.jpg

Added in 27 seconds:
SG-17 wrote:Legendary Godzilla isn't made of plants.
So? Neither was it possessed by angry WWII ghosts.
Wait, are we talking about design or backstory? Pick either one and stick to it.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

SonOfGorgo wrote:
It's called an update. Get with the times bro.
http://i.imgur.com/N2OXu2j.jpg
And what does that prove? LP was also an update wouldn't you agree? How does Shin hold more weight to Legendary in that regard? (Please dont tell me because he is a Toho creation) or His baby palm hands shown upward? Saying shin is the most like G54 because of what exactly.......the same roars in the film? Or is it because YOU want it to be. Which is cool but others WILL find that LP is more. Honestly who cares though? ( I know too many).

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

goji89 wrote:And what does that prove? LP was also an update wouldn't you agree?
Just because I like Shin Godzilla doesn't mean I hate Legendary's 2014 reboot. I enjoy both films and both designs, both try to
goji89 wrote:How does Shin hold more weight to Legendary in that regard? (Please dont tell me because he is a Toho creation) or His baby palm hands shown upward?
What kind of question is that? I was merely defending, not make one inferior to the other.
goji89 wrote:Saying shin is the most like G54 because of what exactly.......the same roars in the film? Or is it because YOU want it to be.
Not just design or roar or whatever, but the reactions from the characters towards said creature are somewhat parallel. Heck it's even similar to the '84 film. I'm not just judging the film by how it's Godzilla looks, but also the story and execution.
Besides, when did I say anything me wanting something to be?
While we're at it, What do you want it to be?
goji89 wrote:Which is cool but others WILL find that LP is more.
To me, Legendary's design is just as cool. It's vaguely resembles a bit of the '89-'95 designs, as well as Stan Winston's '96 maquette.
That and the 2014 film is more on par with Raids Again, vs. Hedorah, vs. Mechagodzilla, Terror of Mechagodzilla, vs. Biollante, 2000, vs. Megaguirus, and even the Rossio/Elliott '94 script and the also-cancelled 3D to the Max.
goji89 wrote:Honestly who cares though? ( I know too many).
I'd say the same. Who the heck cares if either of the three look different from each other and previous incarnations? If anything, we should be glad that none of them look like exact carbon copies.

TLDR, as a G-fan, I can like a bit of everything, it's called an opinion. At least I've some common sense.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

THE only standard Godzilla design is 1954.

I think the reason this Godzilla is always smiling is because he's been thinking of joke for 20,000 years.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Rather like the design all told, about what I'd exoect a plant based G to look like. Going plant is weird but its an inreasting idea.

SG-17
G-Force Personnel

Post by SG-17 »

Godzilla is/looks like a giant, featherless dinosaur. Shin wasn't that and it doesn't look like MonPla will be either. Shin was a perversion worse than Zilla, I'm afraid MonPla will be too.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

^Thats your opinion, and I will respect that. I for one am happy Godzilla is continuing to exist through actual new ideas.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

ToxicLove
Interpol Agent

Post by ToxicLove »

Different Godzilla appearances are obviously bad, I refuse to see different variations on a 60+ year old franchise. Change frightens and upsets me.

I'll always take a new failure instead of safe and non-confrontational stagnation. Even if the design does nothing for me.
Last edited by ToxicLove on Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Eh, Godzilla's pretty much a "dinosaur" in name only. AnimeGoji looks reptilian enough even in spite of his plant-based origins, IMO.