GODZILLA ANIME General Discussion Thread

For the discussion of Godzilla Resurgence, the Godzilla anime trilogy and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Grievous
Terminated
Terminated

Re: GODZILLA ANIME General Discussion Thread

Postby Grievous » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:56 pm

LSD Jellyfish wrote:I’m curious what the budget was on all this and if the slideshow towards the end was them literally running out of money.

Yeah...that montage/slideshow was a little weird.

:shrug:
The A.D.F Needs You! Join The Anguirus Defense Force via Private Message Today!

Gojirawars 03
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Gojirawars 03 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:11 am

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah wrote:
Gojirawars 03 wrote:Mothra Tribe= Buddhism, most likely. Based on the whole "at peace with nature" vibe they have.
Speaking as a bit of a Buddhist myself, Buddhism isn't (or at least Buddhists aren't) all sunshine and rainbows that it's made out to be. We're just as susceptible to violence, extremism, and fanaticism as any other group.
Just look up the violent, murderous attacks committed by Buddhists in places like Sri Lanka and Myanmar against Muslims. Sometimes even perpetrated by monks!

Being "at peace" maybe a goal; but we, as a species, manage to skreeonk it up no matter what path we take as often as not.

EDIT: A bit off topic, I know; but I felt that I really had to put it out there no one is immune to this sort of thing. No matter how "at peace" they may be.

I was more making the comparison in terms of ideology, rather than the followers/execution of ideas.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9RqfL3pOgHr78nzbs-FQ

TheDolphinKaijuGod
Samurai

Postby TheDolphinKaijuGod » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:04 pm

Welp, Omni finally reviewed the Planet Eater. I think he was right about some things about the film, but once again, he seemed to over react and go to far with this, especially when he told the directors to go skreeonk themselves.
https://youtu.be/zTU6NpSaAUg
Resized Image 

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Postby cloverfan98 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:19 pm

Grievous wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:I’m curious what the budget was on all this and if the slideshow towards the end was them literally running out of money.

Yeah...that montage/slideshow was a little weird.

:shrug:

I felt like it was an attempt to ground this incarnation of Godzilla in "the real world" so to speak. So much of Godzilla's character is wrapped up in real world history and this series future Sci-Fi setting really made this Godzilla feel apart from that. I really enjoyed the Enola Gay sequence myself.

Godzillian
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Godzillian » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:37 pm

TheDolphinKaijuGod wrote:Welp, Omni finally reviewed the Planet Eater. I think he was right about some things about the film, but once again, he seemed to over react and go to far with this, especially when he told the directors to go skreeonk themselves.

who?

TheDolphinKaijuGod
Samurai

Postby TheDolphinKaijuGod » Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:41 pm

Godzillian wrote:
TheDolphinKaijuGod wrote:Welp, Omni finally reviewed the Planet Eater. I think he was right about some things about the film, but once again, he seemed to over react and go to far with this, especially when he told the directors to go skreeonk themselves.

who?

The Omni Viewer. He makes mostly kaiju related videos, and also has a bunch of videos that are just dedicated to hating on the anime trilogy.
Resized Image 

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:26 pm

Omni Viewer is just another one of those guys with a hate boner towards any new Japanese Godzilla film, I got that vibe from watching like two of his videos and then I couldn't keep going.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

Living Corpse
Keizer

Postby Living Corpse » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:34 pm

Never heard of him, nor do I have any interest in watching a G-Fan Youtubers video, but I agree with his sentiment. The directors or writers or someone was too far up their own ass to see how these ideas don't feel Godzilla.

LSD Jellyfish
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LSD Jellyfish » Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:59 pm

TheDolphinKaijuGod wrote:
Godzillian wrote:

who?

The Omni Viewer. He makes mostly kaiju related videos, and also has a bunch of videos that are just dedicated to hating on the anime trilogy.

Omni Viewer is one of the worst wannabe YouTube reviewer types and his mild success just proves how desperate Godzilla fans are for some sort of YouTube representation.

Btw, I already held this opinion prior to the anime trilogy based on some dumb “theories” he came up with and a lot of his click bait vids.
Then, everything changed when the Giant Condor became the Giant Eagle.

Gawdziller1954
Interpol Agent

Postby Gawdziller1954 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:55 am

Lemme guess: 15 minutes of stroking his beard and hating the film before swearing off the directors for making a "Predictable" film despite the fact none of his theories came true?

TBH he's a pretty bad reviewer, I find his style and air of self- superiority irritating
Last edited by Gawdziller1954 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Godzillian
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Godzillian » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:23 am

Ah so just another no name trying to becoming "the godzilla youtuber". How many of these guys have come and gone already? I'm omni and his 20 subs will be happy to discuss the cliche and totally"not exaggerated and totally real" reactions and reviews he has to things until he stops making vids after a few months. You guys put far to much stock in these kind of fans

TheDolphinKaijuGod
Samurai

Postby TheDolphinKaijuGod » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:31 am

Gawdziller1954 wrote:

Lemme guess: 15 minutes of stroking his beard and hating the film before swearing off the directors for making a "Predictable" film despite the fact none of his theories came true?

TBH he's a pretty bad reviewer, I find his style and air of self- superiority irritating

15 minutes of him stroking his beard, complaining about how Ghidorah isn't Ghidorah, Haruo (he even just made a video about how Haruo isn't actual character in his most recent review.) And of course, insulting the directors.
Resized Image 

LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LegendZilla » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:20 pm

Gawdziller1954 wrote:

15 minutes of him stroking his beard, complaining about how Ghidorah isn't Ghidorah, Haruo (he even just made a video about how Haruo isn't actual character in his most recent review.) And of course, insulting the directors.

How is he any different than any people around here who arrogantly try to justify the things he criticizes?
Last edited by LegendZilla on Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

Gawdziller1954
Interpol Agent

Postby Gawdziller1954 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:03 pm

LegendZilla wrote:
Gawdziller1954 wrote:Lemme guess: 15 minutes of stroking his beard and hating the film before swearing off the directors for making a "Predictable" film despite the fact none of his theories came true?

How is he any different than any people around here who arrogantly try to justify the things he criticizes?

He isn't, apart from his obnoxious zealousness over it, something I have yet to see in the opposition. However, "Whataboutism" doesn't somehow clear his name. You can criticize and defend the trilogy eloquently, it's just that he does neither.

LegendZilla
E.S.P.Spy

Postby LegendZilla » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:53 pm

Does this guy do a better job? He does acknowledge the potential it had, even if it did not reach it.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

mikelcho
Yin-Yang Master

Postby mikelcho » Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:28 pm

Does anyone have any idea when this trilogy is going to be released in America? I, for one, would love to see it.

Maybe it'll be a three-in-one DVD/Blu-ray combination boxed set, hmmmmm?

Gawdziller1954
Interpol Agent

Postby Gawdziller1954 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:20 pm

LegendZilla wrote:

Does this guy do a better job? He does acknowledge the potential it had, even if it did not reach it.

Getting a playback error on my end.

_JNavs_
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby _JNavs_ » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:27 pm

I think most larger Big G youtubers don't release quality content, be it the Godzilla film news channels or the Godzilla custom figure channels. It's always either clickbait, criticisms or cut up vinyls. The Godzilla animation channels are always amazing though. Wish they got more love
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Sith Apprentice.

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:04 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:I think most larger Big G youtubers don't release quality content, be it the Godzilla film news channels or the Godzilla custom figure channels. It's always either clickbait, criticisms or cut up vinyls. The Godzilla animation channels are always amazing though. Wish they got more love

Yeah, guys like Vrahno are so good. MIB is just a god tier channel.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

Apgigan
Samurai

Postby Apgigan » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:08 pm

On the topic of Godzilla Youtubers I think this guy’s videos are really good and deserve more attention: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWcGsi ... B-bMthc85Q

Return to “"Shin" and Beyond (2016-Current)”