Monster Planet Trilogy Discussion

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: GODZILLA ANIME General Discussion Thread

Post by GigaBowserG »

Cookson wrote:I'm starting to wonder if Mechagodzilla will be doing anything in this film? That was a fantastic trailer, the music was great, but it showed Mechagodzilla in that same scene... AGAIN! I don't know if theyre trying to keep his presence for when people watch the film, but showing him would add some hype.. especially one day out.

I hope they're not saving him for the final film. Part 2 needs him actually IN the film.
With the title "City on the Edge of Battle", I always took that to mean this would lead into something bigger come the next movie. Part of me's hoping MG being absent from trailers is so not to spoil the surprise, but I'm also half-expecting him to awaken, then cut to black after a bit, sort of like what the first movie did after a minute or two of Godzilla Earth.
Last edited by GigaBowserG on Thu May 17, 2018 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I think he’ll be in the finale of the film sorta like how Godzilla earth showed up at the end of the first film but wasn’t in the trailers at all, or how they kept tons of Shin related stuff under wraps.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Man, they really, really pissed off Godzilla.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Solia
Samurai

Post by Solia »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Man, they really, really pissed off Godzilla.
It feels good right?
Last edited by Solia on Thu May 17, 2018 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Japan's filmmakers are really starting to perform a dick-waving contest as to who can make the weirdest and most untraditional Godzilla. First Anno turns him into the beef-jerky version of Hedorah and now Gen Urobuchi turns the character into his own incesteous lovechild with Biollante. I bet that next, we will have Godzilla get tuned into some sort of rogue A.I." - LegendZilla

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Solia wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Man, they really, really pissed off Godzilla.
It feels good right?
I guess :lol:

Well, almost time to avoid spoilers like heck. I'm not going to get spoiled like I did with Shin and Part 1.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

KaijuX wrote:As peeps have said, posters are generally very exaggerated with size and proportion. Though since AniGoji's size is his marketing gimmick, I wouldn't be surprised if those are close to scale. And from the looks of it, at least looking at Tokyo Tower as a reference, that would be close enough (assuming Godzilla to be 300 meters).
^ this

Also - in regards to the new trailer. Posting the pic here - since it's public material.

Atari/Pipeworks did it first...
Resized Image

First they rip off the silhouette of G14, now Critical Mass. How...UNORIGINAL! I expected BETTER from TOHO overlords! #Sarcasm
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Thu May 17, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

You also got bigger in critical mass.

TheInfiniteAeon
Monarch Researcher

Post by TheInfiniteAeon »

Look out, they've started selling Mechagodzilla figures http://godzilla-anime.com/goods/item-29.html
In a post-Shin Godzilla world, the kaiju genre should, more than ever before, be held to standards of quality that are more than just "big monster go rawr". Don't act surprised when you get trash movies when your core audience asks for nothing but the bare minimum.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Still no word on the Netflix release? I'm really hyped.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

Spoiler:
So apparently the EXIF talks Harou into bringing their god, King Ghidorah, to Earth as a final means of extermination of Godzilla
I wonder if the Exif truly believe Ghidorah will defeat Godzilla, or if it's all a more sinister plan to take over the Earth, only to have Ghidorah turn on them too.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

Solia
Samurai

Post by Solia »

Anybody has seen this tweet on the official Twitter account of the anime movie?

https://twitter.com/jassssik/status/100 ... 16225?s=20
"Japan's filmmakers are really starting to perform a dick-waving contest as to who can make the weirdest and most untraditional Godzilla. First Anno turns him into the beef-jerky version of Hedorah and now Gen Urobuchi turns the character into his own incesteous lovechild with Biollante. I bet that next, we will have Godzilla get tuned into some sort of rogue A.I." - LegendZilla

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Solia wrote:Anybody has seen this tweet on the official Twitter account of the anime movie?

But that's a good thing, isn't it? I understood they're talking about a screening they did in the Annecy Festival with a good reception.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Solia
Samurai

Post by Solia »

Destorogoji wrote:
Solia wrote:Anybody has seen this tweet on the official Twitter account of the anime movie?

But that's a good thing, isn't it? I understood they're talking about a screening they did in the Annecy Festival with a good reception.
Im talking about the tweet that says "shame".
Last edited by Solia on Thu May 31, 2018 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Solia wrote:
Destorogoji wrote:

Im talk about the tweet that says "shame"
But that's not from the official account.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Solia
Samurai

Post by Solia »

Maritonic wrote:
Solia wrote:
Destorogoji wrote: But that's a good thing, isn't it? I understood they're talking about a screening they did in the Annecy Festival with a good reception.
Im talking about the one that's called jassssik.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Solia wrote:
Destorogoji wrote:

Im talking about the tweet that says "shame".
What, the dipshit whining about Netflix? Who cares?

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Solia wrote:
Maritonic wrote:
Solia wrote:
Im talking about the one that's called jassssik.
Implies the tweet from the official account. Who cares what the other guy says?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Hokmuto
EDF Instructor

Post by Hokmuto »

Just wondering, but what does this tweet provide to us to the point of mentioning it?
Long Live The King

Manuelito Canelito
G-Grasper

Post by Manuelito Canelito »

Hokmuto wrote:Just wondering, but what does this tweet provide to us to the point of mentioning it?
As far as I'm aware, nothing.
Until the movie is officially released in Netflix, it's not like there is a whole lot more of things to discuss.
All houses have the same. Roof. Floor. Walls. People yelling at you that they're calling the police because you broke into their house. It's only when you give them love that they truly become Home

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

It was announced at Annecy that part 2 of the trilogy will finally be released on Netflix this week worldwide. No exact date has been given, however.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... cy-1119481
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.