Monster Planet Trilogy Discussion

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Re: GODZILLA ANIME ON THE HORIZON?

Post by cmdmstudios »

I wonder who will do the animation for this? I'd be happy with Studio Trigger, Sunrise, Studio Pierrot, Aniplex, or Gainax.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

cmdmstudios wrote:I wonder who will do the animation for this? I'd be happy with Studio Trigger, Sunrise, Studio Pierrot, Aniplex, or Gainax.
Why not bring Studio Khara into the mix too? They're already partnering for the Rebuild Films, not to mention a lot of Eva's technical designers are with Khara now. I'm sure both of them could come up with something with some awesome-lookin' technical stuff.

Though, again, doesn't Toho have an animation studio, or at least distributes anime? Cos I think I've seen somethin' about that.
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

Rodan
Gotengo Officer

Post by Rodan »

I mean, we still don't know if it's going to be anything at all. It could just be Toho protecting a domain name. Though the timing is suspicious, right after the release of a major film and during a popular upswing for the character.

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

When I looked up the part of Toho it was registered to, Toho AD, I found something interesting. There are three parts to the AD: Art Direction, Advertisement, and Attractive Device.
Just look em up.
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

M.U.T.O. wrote:
cmdmstudios wrote:I wonder who will do the animation for this? I'd be happy with Studio Trigger, Sunrise, Studio Pierrot, Aniplex, or Gainax.
Why not bring Studio Khara into the mix too? They're already partnering for the Rebuild Films, not to mention a lot of Eva's technical designers are with Khara now. I'm sure both of them could come up with something with some awesome-lookin' technical stuff.

Though, again, doesn't Toho have an animation studio, or at least distributes anime? Cos I think I've seen somethin' about that.
Toho does distribute anime, yes. Studio Pierrot and Aniplex were the ones that did both the Naruto anime and films (the films being distributed by Toho). And while there can be a lot of criticisms for Naruto, animation wasn't ever really one of them, as they were hardly any animation errors throughout it's run, and the films always looked really good.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

Gallavant123
Samurai

Post by Gallavant123 »

Better not be more Crayonshinchan

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

No dumb weeaboo tropes please.

I said a few months ago I'd be against this, but if it's in the right hands fine. The obvious choice is Anno, go with Anno, get GAINAX. And keep it short, 24 episodes max. No dumb 183 episodes.

I'm incredibly skeptical and honestly worried. I've always felt the instant that Godzilla translates into anime suddenly there's no need for the live action films.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Mechagigan
Futurian

Post by Mechagigan »

I'd be all for this. Godzilla has needed a true, popular show for so long... I hardly ever have watched anime, but I'd be completely down with this.

Personally, I'd imagine they'd go with Shin, based on his success.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Mechagigan wrote:I'd be all for this. Godzilla has needed a true, popular show for so long... I hardly ever have watched anime, but I'd be completely down with this.

Personally, I'd imagine they'd go with Shin, based on his success.
Shin seems obvious, given how it's the newest, has fresh legspace to expand and do its own thing, as well as how easy it would be for Anno to just work on it.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

This could be interesting. The Hesei version is very popular, so it's a good choice for success. However, with the Shin Godzilla coming soon, it would make sense to make this an extension of it.

I don't care if it's a movie or series. It will just be nice to have a G themed anime.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Might as well do the Godzilla vs Eva movie if a anime is really happening.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

edgaguirus wrote:This could be interesting. The Hesei version is very popular, so it's a good choice for success. However, with the Shin Godzilla coming soon, it would make sense to make this an extension of it.

I don't care if it's a movie or series. It will just be nice to have a G themed anime.
A series with 100 filler episodes covering the backstories of every single background character, with fight scenes that last over 10 episodes?

I want that. :lol:

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Pardon me, but I am kinda with Rodan with skepticism here.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: The obvious choice is Anno, go with Anno, get GAINAX.
Oh please no. God, please no.

I'd rather keep random giant penguins out of this, thank you very much.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

LegendZilla wrote:Pardon me, but I am kinda with Rodan with skepticism here.
Fair enough, I'm kind of in the same boat. I'll be waiting for an actual announcement, since who knows when this thing will happen (if at all). Could be a couple of years from now!
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

GigaBowserG wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Pardon me, but I am kinda with Rodan with skepticism here.
Fair enough, I'm kind of in the same boat. I'll be waiting for an actual announcement, since who knows when this thing will happen (if at all). Could be a couple of years from now!
Me four. We'll see what happens. Doesn't mean there aren't reasons to be excited but we shouldn't get too married to ideas before we know what we're getting.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

I can understand not getting too excited about a reveal soon, but skepticism about if Toho actually bought it isn't needed as it shows you who owns the website.

Giving the history of Toho and their website buying, I wouldn't be surprised of an announcement in less than 2weeks.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

I knew it! I knew something like this would be so. :huge:
I'm so bloody excited.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Kaiju-King42 wrote:

Congratulations! You've just revealed you've never seen Evangelion!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:
Kaiju-King42 wrote:

Congratulations! You've just revealed you've never seen Evangelion!
Nope, but I HAVE seen TV Tropes.

Unless my eyes deceive me, that is a giant random penguin.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.