Monster Planet Trilogy Discussion

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Re: GODZILLA ANIME General Discussion Thread

Post by Godzillian »

The music reminds me a lot of Gundam 00

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I'm really digging the soundtrack, has a sort of epic Halo feel to it. White Out is great as well.

Welp, time to go into stealth mode :ninja: , not getting spoiled like I did with Shin Godzilla .
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Welp, time to go into stealth mode :ninja: , not getting spoiled like I did with Shin Godzilla .

TheInfiniteAeon
Monarch Researcher

Post by TheInfiniteAeon »

Solia wrote:
TheInfiniteAeon wrote:
Solia wrote:
Im sure their gonna be uploaded to youtube by now.
Sooner than I thought: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25o2JKRqp1o

Oh its gone already.
you mean the whole soundtrack or just one?
Oh it was just the one track, track 34. Same as the one the guy posted again
Last edited by TheInfiniteAeon on Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a post-Shin Godzilla world, the kaiju genre should, more than ever before, be held to standards of quality that are more than just "big monster go rawr". Don't act surprised when you get trash movies when your core audience asks for nothing but the bare minimum.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

So, uh, wrapping this in spoiler tags because it's a poster for the next film.
Spoiler:
Also,
Spoiler:
I'm not calling this thing a Mechagodzilla. It looks like a fucking Bionicle.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

I heard it sucked in comparison to Shin (but what anime flick doesn't?) but it's alright on it's own. Can't be too bad.
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:I heard it sucked in comparison to Shin (but what anime flick doesn't?) but it's alright on it's own. Can't be too bad.
I was absolutely NOT expecting anything close to Shin. So long as it's enjoyable, that's fine by me.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

TheInfiniteAeon
Monarch Researcher

Post by TheInfiniteAeon »

Spoiler:
Guess the "Mechagodzilla city" leaked preproduction art is true after all. It looks more like an orgy of metal plates than a mech. The only reason you can tell there is a "head" is because of the red backglow.

May of next year is surprisingly close for a sequel. I guess they just kept on production after they finished part 1.
In a post-Shin Godzilla world, the kaiju genre should, more than ever before, be held to standards of quality that are more than just "big monster go rawr". Don't act surprised when you get trash movies when your core audience asks for nothing but the bare minimum.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

TheInfiniteAeon wrote:
Spoiler:
Guess the "Mechagodzilla city" leaked preproduction art is true after all. It looks more like an orgy of metal plates than a mech. The only reason you can tell there is a "head" is because of the red backglow.

May of next year is surprisingly close for a sequel. I guess they just kept on production after they finished part 1.
They started work on this trilogy in 2014... So yeah. Each film will be released 6 months from each other
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Per Gormaru Island's translation, the second film is titled
Spoiler:
"Godzilla: The City Mechanized for the Final Battle."
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Solia
Samurai

Post by Solia »

Cookson wrote: They started work on this trilogy in 2014...
Where did you get the source of that?
"Japan's filmmakers are really starting to perform a dick-waving contest as to who can make the weirdest and most untraditional Godzilla. First Anno turns him into the beef-jerky version of Hedorah and now Gen Urobuchi turns the character into his own incesteous lovechild with Biollante. I bet that next, we will have Godzilla get tuned into some sort of rogue A.I." - LegendZilla

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Showa Gyaos wrote:Per Gormaru Island's translation, the second film is titled
Spoiler:
"Godzilla: The City Mechanized for the Final Battle."
Welp, just calling this Monster Planet part 2....lol
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Seems like they're focusing on Mechagodzilla in the second one, which is cool cause it COULD lead into a big team up in three of Godzilla and MG, against an external threat.

Also would be down for a new redesigned MG.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:Seems like they're focusing on Mechagodzilla in the second one, which is cool cause it COULD lead into a big team up in three of Godzilla and MG, against an external threat.

The design is extremely disappointing. Nothing about it remotely resembles Godzilla.
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Am I the only one thinking that Mechagodzilla is going to be using a(n) [electromagnetic] railgun as his oral weapon? Would definitely explain why his mouth is designed the way it is.
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

All we know of MG is that poster right? Maybe he evolves through out the film.

Cybermat47
Interpol Agent

Post by Cybermat47 »

Loganrules115 wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:Seems like they're focusing on Mechagodzilla in the second one, which is cool cause it COULD lead into a big team up in three of Godzilla and MG, against an external threat.

The design is extremely disappointing. Nothing about it remotely resembles Godzilla.
A friend of mine has called it MechaAntFace :lol:

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Cybermat47 wrote:A friend of mine has called it MechaAntFace :lol:
I'd actually had this thought... Godzilla's a plant, while Mechagodzilla's face reminds me of the leafcutter ant.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

A friend of mine said this upon seeing the poster: "It's supposed to be a robot dinosaur, not a Pink Floyd album art design."

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

cloverfan98 wrote:All we know of MG is that poster right? Maybe he evolves through out the film.
Nanomachines son!