Monster Planet Trilogy Discussion

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Re: GODZILLA ANIME General Discussion Thread

Post by Maritonic »

G2000 wrote:
Godzillian wrote:Ah shipping, good to see that it's toxic no matter what fanbase it sprouts up in
I'm just joking around, I don't really care who ships who or who prefers which character.
Yeah don't see anyone being "toxic" about the subject. More the spamming of said subject.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Maritonic wrote:Yeah don't see anyone being "toxic" about the subject. More the spamming of said subject.
If he meant that shipping inevitably ruins every discussion it touches, then sure
Last edited by G2000 on Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

G2000 wrote:Miana best girl, if you want big metal jugs go to Home Depot ;)
SonOfGorgo wrote:Is it wrong to say that I ship Yuko & Miana?
My only question is why? They have next to no interaction from what I recall, and appear to be romantic "rivals" in the sense that both seem to want Haruo in the film.
I dunno, I can be weird from time to time.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

SonOfGorgo wrote:
G2000 wrote:Miana best girl, if you want big metal jugs go to Home Depot ;)
SonOfGorgo wrote:Is it wrong to say that I ship Yuko & Miana?
My only question is why? They have next to no interaction from what I recall, and appear to be romantic "rivals" in the sense that both seem to want Haruo in the film.
I dunno, I can be weird from time to time.
You're not weird for shipping characters. It's a pretty common thing among fandoms.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

From the merch coming out, it looks like Godzilla absorbs Ghidorah power

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Really? Can you give a link to some merchandise?

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Spoiler:
Where did that kiss with Haruo and Miriana from the trailer come from (and the sad face when Yuko kissed him, for that matter)? They just met the day before and they're in love? Does love at first sight really work that fast in real life?

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Full song is out. And it's beautiful.
Gritty, somber and beautiful, probably my favorite one of the whole trilogy.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Destorogoji wrote:Full song is out. And it's beautiful.
It's decent. I agree, it's the best song in the trilogy, but that's not a phenomenal feat.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

I’m not a huge fan of this song. But I really love The Sky Falls. Speaking of, the only thing the trilogy has done right is kickstart Xai’s career. Wishing the best for her.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

TyrantGojira wrote:I’m not a huge fan of this song. But I really love The Sky Falls. Speaking of, the only thing the trilogy has done right is kickstart Xai’s career. Wishing the best for her.
Oh don't get me wrong, I have nothing against XAI. If these songs were in something else other than a Godzilla movie, I wouldn't have minded as much. Best of luck to her indeed.

shinJoshoctober16
Ronin

Post by shinJoshoctober16 »

Here is some news it sorta wasnt the directors at fault.. it was toho... infact the movies would have been different
Spoiler:
In the early stages of the project Toho san declared that "This animated version of Godzilla will not be a monster wrestling", there was a policy confirmation. I studied in the early stage about the meaning "to do monster with animation". There is an image of the set somewhere "in existence as a monster" and "monster wrestling" in Japan. That is why "Monsters who do not wrestle with" is a bold cut, and Mr. Kamiuchi was at the stage of thinking about the draft, starting from there. To Mr. Shizuno who did not see Godzilla movie originally, I and Mr. Kaguchi said "Please do not see the Godzilla movie from here on". As a result, female fans who have not seen the "Godzilla" series as a result, such as Shizuno's "What is it like Godzilla blows out of his mouth?", Or that only comes from that point of view, is an animated version Godzilla We have created a trend that we are looking at the strategic objectives. If it was only me and Mr. Kagiuchi, the extreme story, mecha godzilla city coalesced at last, it is becoming mecha forged 1 km in height (laugh). From there it is only battle for another 30 minutes. Beams, missiles flies from the nose to the eyes from the fingers, after that the neck turns and every gimmick ... (laugh)."
https://gigazine.net/news/20181108-godz ... interview/ we lost a epic 30 min of a REAL mechagodzilla vs Godzilla Earth...thanks toho...

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Oh man the "Toho can do no wrong" crowd and going to be wrapping themselves in pretzels over this.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

gottatalktothefake wrote:Oh man the "Toho can do no wrong" crowd and going to be wrapping themselves in pretzels over this.
The what crowd?
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:
gottatalktothefake wrote:Oh man the "Toho can do no wrong" crowd and going to be wrapping themselves in pretzels over this.
The what crowd?
The fans who think Toho is literally God and that everything other than Toho will automatically turn to garbage

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Gojira18 wrote:
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:
The what crowd?
The fans who think Toho is literally God and that everything other than Toho will automatically turn to garbage
In this day and age I see more of no one can do Godzilla justice anymore, not even Toho.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Living Corpse wrote:
Gojira18 wrote:
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote: The what crowd?
In this day and age I see more of no one can do Godzilla justice anymore, not even Toho.
There is one last hope. Legendary better double the effort with KOTM

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Destorogoji wrote:Full song is out. And it's beautiful.
Thanks, I think this is currently my faviort song.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Gojira18 wrote:
Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:
The what crowd?
Part of me thinks that all of the mandates Toho has placed was because they wanted to appeal to anime fans more than Godzilla fans. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I recall that a large chunk of the anime fanbase is female.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Gojira18 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
Gojira18 wrote: The fans who think Toho is literally God and that everything other than Toho will automatically turn to garbage
There is one last hope. Legendary better double the effort with KOTM
Toho still has hope, just as long as they don't tap Shizuno for more projects (legit, he stopped butcher and Shesheita from pulling a bunch of cool shit)
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D