Monster Planet Trilogy Discussion

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Re: GODZILLA ANIME General Discussion Thread

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Goddamn it my last post was meant for the Godzilla 2 speculation thread, any chance a mod can move it?
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

Jumped the gun, whoops, so excited though!
Last edited by vibramrunner on Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Awesome, even though it was a bit of a wait, it’s nice knowing it’ll just instantly be there and I don’t have to go and worry about tickets like I did for Shin g (though seei. T in theaters was awesome).
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

*my reaction when I see the dub trailer*

*reaction when I have no Netflix*

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Hellblaze wrote:

*reaction when I have no Netflix*

[img]https://media1.giphy.com/media/jwM0BaZz ... f#32-grid1[/im
I feel you on the second part :cry:
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

^^Can’t you just get a trial? Watch it and then unsubscribe if you don’t like it.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

It'll also be extremely easy to pirate and you're likely to easily find a download somewhere.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:^^Can’t you just get a trial? Watch it and then unsubscribe if you don’t like it.
Yes, but what about if you wanted to watch parts 2 and 3?? :o
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

GigaBowserG wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:^^Can’t you just get a trial? Watch it and then unsubscribe if you don’t like it.
Yes, but what about if you wanted to watch parts 2 and 3?? :o
Do the same thing

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

I could but..... yeah I am. :lol: I just felt like being dramatic.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

UltramanGoji wrote:It'll also be extremely easy to pirate and you're likely to easily find a download somewhere.
Or you could just get the trial and support Godzilla in a legal and convienent fashion.

I don’t want to harp on this too much, but I do feel Netflix and Toho will scrutinize the amount of watchers to see if future streaming ideas and promotions would be worth it, either it being priority for future releases, or allowing past films to get streaming rights. While of course there’s problems with certain streaming services, signing up for Netflix takes less than five minutes, and it’s worth it IMO.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Has there been any Spacegodzilla info come out about this timeline? Rumors starting to go around saying how he appeared but was killed, sounds like BS

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Godzillian wrote:Has there been any Spacegodzilla info come out about this timeline? Rumors starting to go around saying how he appeared but was killed, sounds like BS
Haven’t heard any information on Spacegodzilla appearing. Now I’m curious... :eh:
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

Post by King of the Monsters »

SpaceGodzilla was mentioned in an article as one of the monsters that exists in the anime universe, but he's the only one of them so far to not appear in the prequel novel, the timeline, or the film itself. Makes me think they're saving him...
Bureaucrat on Wikizilla. No, not Gojipedia.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

King of the Monsters wrote:SpaceGodzilla was mentioned in an article as one of the monsters that exists in the anime universe, but he's the only one of them so far to not appear in the prequel novel, the timeline, or the film itself. Makes me think they're saving him...
Perhaps. It does look like crystals are stuck in Mechagodzilla.

(From what I've seen....... although the more I look it looks less and less like an crystal)
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Perhaps. It does look like crystals are stuck in Mechagodzilla.

(From what I've seen....... although the more I look it looks less and less like an crystal)
I thought so at first too, but after further observation I've come to think those are just spikes built into Mechagodzilla's armor.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

SpaceGodzilla makes sense as a final villain due to the Godzilla
Spoiler:
Earth
name as well as Ghidorah being used in 2019.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

To be honest, I hope the 3rd movie introduces a new monster as a final antagonist, or if they use SG, radically redesign him, akin to all the weird original concept art they had. I know the servum are new, but if it’s just a rehash of Godzilla vs MG and then SG again I’ll be a little annoyed.

Then again, SG hasn’t appeared in any films since his original one, so actually I’d prefer him over MG.

King of the Monsters
Monarch Researcher

I think there's lots of cool directions they could go with SpaceGodzilla without rehashing Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla if they reintroduce him in the anime continuity. I think he'd make a fitting antagonist for this story if they choose not to have Godzilla be the main villain all the way through.
Last edited by King of the Monsters on Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

It also seems a bit too obvious given that the humans are space faring. They could make their own Godzilla in space, and it could be just called Spacegodzilla.

Thinking about that actually made me think what traits define SG. While Godzilla is easy to generalize, at least pre Shin (durable, strong beam, upright, tail), SG isn’t as easy. For instance, if they bring SG back, is it possible to have no relation to crystals but have psychic telekinetic abilities? Or could a mass of crystals in the shape of Godzilla be Spacegodzilla? Or simply another Godzilla from space? Interesting to think about.