Monster Planet Trilogy Discussion

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
TheSecondComing
Futurian

Re: GODZILLA ANIME General Discussion Thread

Post by TheSecondComing »

There were already a set of English speaking voice actors #CONFIRMED, correct? I wouldn't fret too much.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Godzillian wrote:picture
Where are you seeing that? I don't see it on my Netflix
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

LSD Jellyfish wrote:TBH the delay doesn't surprise me, because to me it's not even a delay. The Japanese theatrical run is Novemeber to Early dec, so a month later from the end of its theatrical release it'll be on Netflix here.

The comparison to G2 is kinda hyperbolic since that was a five year production release, it's not like the anime film is stalled production wise and it's still a vast improvement over the wait for Shin.
Well according to an earlier post Netflix originally had the date listed as 2017 and changed it to 2018, that's why it seemed like a delay.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

JesstrK wrote:
LSD Jellyfish wrote:TBH the delay doesn't surprise me, because to me it's not even a delay. The Japanese theatrical run is Novemeber to Early dec, so a month later from the end of its theatrical release it'll be on Netflix here.

The comparison to G2 is kinda hyperbolic since that was a five year production release, it's not like the anime film is stalled production wise and it's still a vast improvement over the wait for Shin.
Well according to an earlier post Netflix originally had the date listed as 2017 and changed it to 2018, that's why it seemed like a delay.
It’s certainly possible there’s a delay. They are planning on distributing the film to over 190 countries, I believe. They may want to simultaneously release it, hence why they’re staving it off for now.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

https://youtu.be/pYwAbBI0r5o
Well here is a new trailer. His beam is basically like Shin's but with GMK's shockwave, absolutely love the visuals of his charge with the lightning.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

The entire time, I was just picking apart everything I didn't like about it. I think I'm too much of a fucking snob to enjoy this film. :lol:
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Solia
Samurai

Post by Solia »

Well it's about time.
"Japan's filmmakers are really starting to perform a dick-waving contest as to who can make the weirdest and most untraditional Godzilla. First Anno turns him into the beef-jerky version of Hedorah and now Gen Urobuchi turns the character into his own incesteous lovechild with Biollante. I bet that next, we will have Godzilla get tuned into some sort of rogue A.I." - LegendZilla

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Tyrant28 wrote:https://youtu.be/pYwAbBI0r5o
Well here is a new trailer. His beam is basically like Shin's but with GMK's shockwave, absolutely love the visuals of his charge with the lightning.
Finally, a trailer that gets me seriously excited! Less than a month to go for the Japanese theatrical release :)
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

I’m liking what I’m seeing so far. It kinda gives me a Starship Troopers vibe.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

TyrantGojira wrote:
I’m liking what I’m seeing so far. It kinda gives me a Starship Troopers vibe.
And it's back to blue. Didn't have a problem with the purple, but I like seeing the blue again! :D

Yeah, that was awesome. Also, having now seen from different angles, I'm totally on board with this design.

Curious why we haven't seen any footage of the other classic kaiju mentioned in the promotional stuff. Maybe during the 12,000 year gap Goji killed them all?
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The promotional material alluded to Godzilla killing them all. Doesn't mean they can't reappear, or won't reappear in the film during a flashback. My idea is during one they'll want to focus on Godzilla.

Anyways, I like we finally got footage of Godzilla, and it's cool how he looks and the beam is awesome. Not that I'm complaining, but I wonder if the long narrow Shin type beam will be the standard. Animation still looks a bit choppy but in sure it'll be fine.

Also annoyed by random animu music.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Solia
Samurai

Post by Solia »

The only thing that annoyed me in the trailer was they recycled the old roar. I was they would enhanced it or create a new one.
Last edited by Solia on Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Japan's filmmakers are really starting to perform a dick-waving contest as to who can make the weirdest and most untraditional Godzilla. First Anno turns him into the beef-jerky version of Hedorah and now Gen Urobuchi turns the character into his own incesteous lovechild with Biollante. I bet that next, we will have Godzilla get tuned into some sort of rogue A.I." - LegendZilla

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Each series has always had some kind of recurring design themes throughout the series. For the case of the Millennium films, most of them being one-shots in terms of continuity, the recurring aspects were the roars (which were kept consistent sounding throughout), the longer dorsal fins (Final Wars is the exception to this), and the Atomic Rays were often very similar looking (even if the charge-up differed). So I wouldn't be surprised if this new wave of (Japanese) Godzilla focuses his Atomic Ray as a narrow beam of light. A visual I personally don't mind. ;) That said, it does make me wonder what they're going to do with the roars... I'd really like to hear new roars for a new generation of Godzilla. Or if they are going to be recycling old roars, then use the ones that haven't been used, like the other Heisei roars.

All that said, I'm still super stoked to see Godzilla's Atomic Ray! And the charge-up bit is definitely going to look different. :D
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

AWMGodzilla62
G-Force Personnel

Post by AWMGodzilla62 »

I don't like the fact that Godzilla's mouth hardly opens for the atomic breath. Otherwise very cool, I love the electricity from the fins and shockwave as he's firing it, and I don't even mind the narrow beam width, just his mouth hardly opening is the only thing that feels off to me...

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

God damn! I went into this trailer expecting to hate it, but honestly it is not half bad!

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

The trailer was pretty cool. The music I found to be ill-fitting, but whatever. I feel like, as previously mentioned, a Heisei roar would be more sufficient for this Godzilla. The new beam looks fantastic, absolutely love that style. The servum look pretty interesting, too, so I’m interested in seeing more of them. So far Godzilla Monster Planet is looking to be pretty solid.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Resized Image

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

An article talking about Monster Planet. It looks like a screenshot of the movie, during the 1999 New York invasion of Kamacuras (he's the silhouette off to the right of the Empire State Building):

Last edited by GigaBowserG on Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Kamacuras! I was wondering when they'd start showing off the classic kaiju they said would be appearing.

Resized Image

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I'm so skreeonking hyped! My heart cant handle having so much Godzilla, and its only been 3 years of the "new era". Guess my heart has to evolve :huge:

^I hope this means we'll atleast get a flashback of all the previous kaiju attacks.
Last edited by MechaGoji Bro7503 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

New trailer looked hyypppe! I hope we see a lot of cool showa kaiju mobbing out cities and I hope Kamacuras gets to kick some ass for once, hoping he doesn't end up stuck on power lines....
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.