Your worries for Godzilla ANIME

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
LegendaryMonster
GPN Volunteer

Re: Your worries for Godzilla ANIME

Post by LegendaryMonster »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
Monster X wrote:Well this dose seem to be a Godzilla the Space Oprah so I'm not to worried.
Haha I was gonna post a pic like this but I’m on my phone and was lazy. Glad someone else did :lol:

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

I'm hoping they don't use too much filler or flashback episodes. Story needs good pacing, and lots of expectations.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."
- Sakai, Godzilla vs. The Thing

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

GodzillaBurgh wrote:I'm hoping they don't use too much filler or flashback episodes. Story needs good pacing, and lots of expectations.
It's only gonna be three parts.

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

Living Corpse wrote:
GodzillaBurgh wrote:I'm hoping they don't use too much filler or flashback episodes. Story needs good pacing, and lots of expectations.
I know that, I'm just saying that I want a balance of monsters and human in the story.
"Just as you distrust us, so we distrust others as well. It's wrong. We're all human. As humans we are responsible to each other. We are related. Refuse us, and you will abandon your brothers. We must learn to help each other."

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

GodzillaBurgh wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
I know that, I'm just saying that I want a balance of monsters and human in the story.
You've never seen a Godzilla movie then, because the human narrative always outweighs the monster scenes
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

GodzillaBurgh
G-Force Personnel

Post by GodzillaBurgh »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
GodzillaBurgh wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
You've never seen a Godzilla movie then, because the human narrative always outweighs the monster scenes
Oh, don't worry. I've seen them all. Trust me.

MikeSTZillak
JXSDF Technician

Post by MikeSTZillak »

That it will be a ripoff of "Evangelion" and "Attack on Titan".
Resized Image
#IStandwithVic
#Pro-Life

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Yeah I doubt that.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

MikeSTZillak wrote:That it will be a ripoff of "Evangelion" and "Attack on Titan".
Knights of Sidonia, which is also a Netflix production, gave me an Attack on Titan feel. So did Blame! for that matter. I really enjoyed both, especially the former. As an aside, I haven't watched anime for a long time and it was nice to get back into it a little.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

I really want a Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood type protagonist who is flawed but still capable of doing things, as opposed to an Attack on Titan-type protagonist who is so paralyzed by his fears that he can't do a single thing without first resolving an existential crisis.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

^Now I'm worried about that too!
I don't want a Shinji as a protagonist.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

KaijuCanuck wrote:I really want a Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood type protagonist who is flawed but still capable of doing things, as opposed to an Attack on Titan-type protagonist who is so paralyzed by his fears that he can't do a single thing without first resolving an existential crisis.
I think you mean Evangelion protagonist

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

KaijuCanuck wrote:as opposed to an Attack on Titan-type protagonist who is so paralyzed by his fears that he can't do a single thing without first resolving an existential crisis.
Have you even seen Attack On Titan?

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Destorogoji wrote:^Now I'm worried about that too!
I don't want a Shinji as a protagonist.
Seriously doubt the kid on the poster is gonna be like Shinji. The kid (whose name escapes me) fucking hates Godzilla and the poster makes him look like he is ready to die fighting Godzilla. Shinji was reluctant to pilot Eva unit 01, never wanting to be solider.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

I think MC is more likely to resemble Eren than Shinji. Eren hates Titans and *truly* wants to kill them.

The poster gives me Eren vibes. Where the fuck does Shinji come into play with all of the art we've seen? I'm not seeing it.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

KaijuCanuck wrote:I really want a Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood type protagonist who is flawed but still capable of doing things, as opposed to an Attack on Titan-type protagonist who is so paralyzed by his fears that he can't do a single thing without first resolving an existential crisis.
Well you obviously haven't watched AOT. Hopefully we don't get armor that has to wear a loincloth like FAB

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Godzillian wrote:
Well you obviously haven't watched AOT. Hopefully we don't get armor that has to wear a loincloth like FAB
Lain Of The Wired wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:as opposed to an Attack on Titan-type protagonist who is so paralyzed by his fears that he can't do a single thing without first resolving an existential crisis.
Have you even seen Attack On Titan?
I got about halfway through season 1 and had to stop, the characters were just too annoying for me. It seemed like Eren and that short dude couldn't do anything without first internally monologueing about how scared or doubtful they were. I know it's kind of an anime trope anyway, but it was too much for me in this one.

Komenja
Interpol Agent

Post by Komenja »

I'm worried it won't end with the Protagonist and Godzilla getting into a fist fight that tears the planet apart.

...what? Stop looking at me like that, the only anime I've ever seen is G Gundam, Dragon Ball Z, and Fist of the North Star.
also Zone of the Enders: Dolores, I

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Well I can tell you, the main character in AoT is nothing like Shinji from EVA.
Eren's a hot-headed loudmouth, who definitely isn't afraid to fight, he is obsessed with killing all the titans as revenge. I dont know what show you were watching, KaijuCanuck
Last edited by Lain Of The Wired on Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Showa Gyaos wrote:I think MC is more likely to resemble Eren than Shinji. Eren hates Titans and *truly* wants to kill them.

The poster gives me Eren vibes. Where the skreeonk does Shinji come into play with all of the art we've seen? I'm not seeing it.
MC?