Godzilla Anime Appearance Discussion

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Re: Godzilla Anime Appearance Speculation

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Mechagigan wrote:Eh, it took them a long while to fully reveal Shin... they'll probably pull that again with G'17. I'm only expecting cast, maybe plot details next month.
Maybe. It took them a little more than a year (367 days) to give us the head shot for Shin, so I think that we might get a glimpse of the design. Not the full design, mind you.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Oh man. I should've came to this thread first. I sent that photo to my friend, and now he's all hyped up about the design. hahahaha. OOOOOPS!

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

KingKaiju wrote:Oh man. I should've came to this thread first. I sent that photo to my friend, and now he's all hyped up about the design. hahahaha. OOOOOPS!
Now go crush his dreams.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

What are the odds that this Godzilla will have gills like the previous two renditions of the character?

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

I kind of hope we actually get a sleek, fast, saurian Godzilla this time.

It's not that I don't like the thick and heavy designs, believe me, I do. It's just that we all expected something really sleek and fast in the many years waiting for LegendaryGoji, and we got what was arguably one of the best stout and bulky designs ever.

Then, when G2016 was announced, we expected something sleek as well, and we got one of the most daring, unconventional Godzilla designs yet.

I just want to finally see the fast and sleek Godzilla Neo-type design I'd dreamed of since I was little, and an anime seems like the perfect format to showcase such a design.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

We're honestly, at most, going to get Shin Godzilla, at the end of the series, and it's probably not a full body shot.
I kind of hope we actually get a sleek, fast, saurian Godzilla this time.
Zilla?
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Destorogoji
G-Grasper

Post by Destorogoji »

Now that we know this film it's in the future, I really want Godzilla to look old, not as old as G14, but something that looks milennia old.
Here's my Instagram, I post photos of my figures, customs and sometimes other stuff:
https://www.instagram.com/buruno.98/

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

I want Godzilla to be absolutely insane and villainous. Make him grotesque, malevolent, etc. Give him lots of sharp angles and such.
Last edited by RamshackleRanger on Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

I just want lots of reptilian features, especially in the face.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I want a slimed down final wars or late showa style for this film but I think we'll get a Heisei/Godzilla 2000 hybrid look.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

AbudJasemAlBaldawi
Monarch Researcher

Post by AbudJasemAlBaldawi »

I want him to look aged and evil, with a face like a more modern 84Goji but no pupils, big sharp spines, big fangs, bulky BioGoji-esque body but with a ragged rocky skin texture, and a big scar across his neck and face
What do you believe in, heaven or hell?
You don't believe in heaven 'cause we're livin' in hell...

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

miguelnuva wrote:I want a slimed down final wars or late showa style for this film but I think we'll get a Heisei/Godzilla 2000 hybrid look.
I'm ready for a Showa looking Godzilla.... But they'll probably go with the Millennium style.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Chrispy_G
Gotengo Officer

Post by Chrispy_G »

I'd skew towards a Final Wars-esque look myself...as it was basically a slimmed down version of the Heisei era. We've had two rather hulking live action iterations...something a bit more lean, but still with a semblance of the 'classic' look, would be nice. I'm game for a full Heisei look though.

Would definitely prefer the classic spines over the Millennium spines.
"I'm saying a prayer, George. A prayer for the whole world."

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Cookson wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:I want a slimed down final wars or late showa style for this film but I think we'll get a Heisei/Godzilla 2000 hybrid look.
I'm ready for a Showa looking Godzilla.... But they'll probably go with the Millennium style.
I'm not too picky with the overall design, but hoping they have spines that are more Showa- or Heisei-inspired.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Probably going to just be Shin Godzilla...
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

LamangoKaijura wrote:Probably going to just be Shin Godzilla...
I really hope not. That's a design that only works in the context of its own film.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

UltramanGoji wrote:
LamangoKaijura wrote:Probably going to just be Shin Godzilla...
I really hope not. That's a design that only works in the context of its own film.
Well the toned down Shin from the shinchan special could be used if they wantes to go that route.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:Oh man. I should've came to this thread first. I sent that photo to my friend, and now he's all hyped up about the design. hahahaha. OOOOOPS!
Now go crush his dreams.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Living Corpse wrote:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Now go crush his dreams.
[img]Emperor%20Palpatine[/img]
Yes......master.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Alright, now im just guessing, Toho just released a video on their Toho Animation channel about the cast and crew and whatnot. But on the table where they were creating the story; a SHMA Godzilla 2000 SCV figure was on the table, maybe they used that design?