Battle of the Multiverse

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Battle of the Multiverse

Post by Giratina93 »

Demmy gave Mattuger a sly smile. "The gods of my world, and a few of the more powerful demons like myself, can travel across vast distances by linking two areas of space together. Like this."

She inhaled, turned her head to the side, then exhaled out a gust of wind. The gust connected with the ground, and when it faded, a rift had formed, one that showed the other side to be a heavily forested area.

"As for how I can pinpoint where to land, thankfully I'm familiar with the life forces of your fellow Varuls, so I just used them as a reference point."

She turned to Alex. "Feel free to go through and tell your friends goodbye. This portal should lead close enough to them..."

------

Risel shrunk beneath Elda's gaze. The varul's eyes were harsh, harsher than Salome at her pettiest or angriest. THey were filled with anger, and rightfully so as Risel realized. So caught up was she that she failed to notice the rift appear behind Elda.

"A-Alex a-a-asked m-me to! H-h-he requested I sp-sp-eak to them. Or... ma-a-maybe to you... He d-d-didn't state names. I mean no ha-harm, I mean it! I was... I was Zeye and Salome's captive, a pet for them to feed and kick, but Alex... Alex freed me!"

It felt as if Molly cried upon the spider for hours. The whole time, the seamstress patently coddled her, while she used her remaining arms to continue to create the second dress.

"It must hurt, not just to know what happened, but that your friends kept the truth from you. I am certain they had the best of intentions, that they could accomplish their goals without telling you the ugly truth, though... I fear their path is a dead end."

Molly looked up at her. She was right. She remembered back once Sutekh had been defeated, that Doris and Nichelle and the others had spoken in hushes away from her. She had no idea what it could have been at the time, but now it made too much sense. They had wanted to spare her of the pain, of knowing that everyone was dead. Not just her mother, but also little Cuillin and her brother Ful, the two sweethearts she had taken to babysitting, they were dead. But, if they could be brought back...

Something Ananke had said crossed her mind. "Wait, you... say what my friends are doing..."

Ananke nodded, and for a moment Molly thought she saw the thinnest of smile etch across the seamstress's face. "Yes, their plan to use the Dragon Balls... is one that is doomed. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out why. Just think, if seven spheres scattered across the heavens could truly grand any wish, even restoring the dead back to life on such a scale... Why wouldn't it be common knowledge to all and sought by all? Truly, if such a power existed, would not the tales of it span across realities?"

Molly's eyes slowly widened as the pieces fell together in her mind. She was right about that as well. Wouldn't everyone scramble for that kind of power? As far as she was aware, only Persephone seemed interested in the Dragon Balls aside from the Ninjas and their allies. Sutekh, from what she had heard, had no such interest in them, and neither did Tengri for that matter. In fact, wasn't it impossible for Tengri to not know of their existence by now, and yet, he was more interested in his Machine of Unmaking than locating the seven Dragon Balls. Either Persephone knew something neither Sutekh or Tengri did... or....

Or they knew something Persephone didn't.

"Now you're seeing the bigger picture. Lift your hands child." Molly raised her hands up as her shirt was taken off, and the first crimson dress was placed over her. It felt a little tight on her, especially around the chest, but it wasn't too unpleasant to wear. " You look fabulous for a concubine. As I was saying, the seven dragonballs are indeed powerful tools, but they have their limits. They cannot negatively affect anyone more powerful than the one who created them, and the number of wishes they can grant is limited before they need a year to recharge. The same wish cannot be granted twice, and those who have been dead for longer than a year are brought back in the state they perished, where their body perished. The way it is looking,three wishes would need to be granted upon the Dragon Balls: One to undo the damages of the Machine of Unmaking, another to restore the realm of Hudal and your planet, and thirdly to bring back everyone who died from the conflict between Sutekh and Dante. As for how many wishes the balls can grant before they need to recharge... I am not aware of."

"So... if the balls can only grant one wish... we'd have to wait two years... and if two wishes, then one year..."

"Precisely." Ananke hissed. " And that is if you can locate where they have spread off to. Contrast with Lord Tengri's Machine of Unmaking, which can do all that in one fell swoop, with a brand new world. Where all you need to do is obey Tengri and all is peaceful under the Conquering Star. A new world, where the ones we lost will be restored , and the ones responsible will be no more..."

She lifted the crimson dress off and put the black one onto Molly. This was a different style of dress, one more like a gown in how it was. The back was exposed like a corset, and the style of it screamed "gothic" to Molly with how it was laid out, but she didn't say anything. To her surprise, this one was looser around the chest, yet rather tight below there.

"Perfect! Just perfect! Both of your dresses fit like a charm." Ananke chuckled. "Now, let us depart for Lord Tengri. He must see the moon that will shine beside his encompassing sun!"

She lifted Molly up, and began to lead her out of the room to where Tengri was. As they left, Ananke shifted her head to look back at the dirty clothes Molly had left behind, and several flowers opened up above them, and sprinkled the clothes with the water held within, washing the dirt and grime away..

Mulek stood silently by Immanuel's side, as if waiting earnestly for Hercules's response. Her eyes, however, never left Karzahni, who kept his mouth shut and said not a word in fear of angering the fake angel.....

Tyralus gave a low whistle as Beetle splattered the Lindworm to pieces. Was... Was this how powerful all of Hercules's men were? Even that Nonce machine guy?

Perhaps, perhaps dealing with Persephone would be even easier than he thought, let alone Tengri. And once all these threats were no more, the throne of Sheol would be his. All he needed to do was find a way to ensure these pirates could do the dirty work for him...

---------

The battle for the Ninja Realm ended with that one fell strike. Yzazil's blade, true and unerring, pierced the flame sac of the Wyvern King and tore through it. The titanic dragon screamed as the hellish fires it had been spewing were cut short, but even these cries wouldn't last as Aphrodite's bolts of lightning ripped across its body. Flesh and scales that could withstand the interior of a volcano were melted and blasted apart, bones cracked and muscles splintered. Never had it endured such power in its life! Not even the Twilight of the Gods, Salavance, had such power to it! Wing membrane tore apart, and blood cascaded to the ground below.

It tried to raise its wings up to defend itself, but a final blast of the lightning, combined with the combined strike from Ubel and Piccolo, was too much. The combined strike pierced the Wyvern's shoulder and went through the other end, and the Wyvern King felt its own insides boil and burn apart.With a final hellish screech, the Wyvern King collapsed upon its back, sending up plumes of dust and debris around it. The great beast rolled onto all four of its legs, and with a flap of its wings took to the skies once more.

It had failed Chang'e. Now it could only escape with its life.

" "I know you've missed the taste of young virgins, but have you ever tried divine young virgins? NINJA young virgins?" Chang'e walked around the gothic dressed girl, who stared blankly back at her.

"You wish for me to attack the Ninja Homeworld? Alone?" Estrella flatly asked.

"Oh heaven's no. Not against all of them, you wouldn't stand a chance, my dear. And I cannot have you dying on me. You're much to precious, Estrella. No, you'll be accompanying a worker of my daughter's, and waiting on a specific signal to do your work."

"A signal? What will it be?"

Chang'e leaned in close and held a finger to her lips. "You see, I have a special rat on the inside, a nasty tempered rat who hates everything around her. She'll lead the children down to where you'll be, and that's when you get to feast. I know you haven't had such a meal in a long time, and if my daughter's helper doesn't do her part of the job, well, you can eat her as well, or leave her to die."

Estrella gave a slow nod. "Understood. And, what if I fail?"

"That shouldn't be the case. I'll do my part to make sure the heavy hitters are off your back, and you can bring some friends to help as well. Still, sometimes a performance goes awry, and sometimes no one follows the script. If you find yourself in a bad spot despite everything, then ditch everyone else and save yourself. You're the only one who will be there that I care for, and you are irreplaceable, my Wyvern King. Oh, and don't come straight back to Sheol. If someone were to follow you back here, that would cause a few too many headaches for me to deal with. Instead..."

The smile that Chang'e had on her face still burned at the Wyvern King's mind. Failure... So many expectations, and yet, to flee in such a state. It burned.

With the last of the fires in its throat, the Wyvern King created a portal for it to flee through, and flew through it...

"Belfrit, into the closet. And please don't leave until I say you can."

The plant woman gave a nod, and walked into the closet. Once the door closed, Lilith turned to face Nyx.

"You're lucky I have a photographic memory when it comes to machinery designs. I can have your mecha reassembled in the exact condition it was before Scylla tore it apart, down to the control scheme."

-------

Minos's sharp eyes caught the sight of Bug's remains fleeing into the crevice. She dove after it, and stabbed the tip of her scythe into the crack, and let the divine fire within blaze downward toward Bug's fleeing essence. SHe could not let it escape, and prove a threat to Persephone any further...

---------

Unseen against the Sheol atmosphere, the invisible form of Minerva continued her observation of Sheol's armies. Her eyes scanned across the ground, pinpointing and locating each and every soldier and machine she could. There were a great many located at Lilith's tower, but the specifcs evaded her... A hundred thousand, a million? And... Were those space faring vessels beneath the tower?

A ways off, Proditor finished his scouting around the perimiter of the city. He smiled as he flew back toward where Tengri and his forces were. They would be pleased to know of the specific defenses in play...

The sight that Jake beheld on the other side of the rift was unlike any he had seen in his life. Thousands, no, tens of thousands of demons, hundreds of thousands even were all gathered. He recognized these demons, they were the ones who had attacked the city earlier. They were gathered around the form of Tyralus, and beside him was a golden fox with nine tails. Yet, the person Jake had been following was nowhere to be seen, but he heard her voice in his mind.

" Then let this be the finest show you've ever seen."

"Damn that Crigan! DAMN HIM!" The golden fox snarled as she slashed the ground with her claws. "We were THIS fucking close to wiping out this stupid kingdom, THIS goddamn close Tyralus..."

"And yet, somehow he found the power and resources to repel our attacks." The black scaled giant rumbled. "And worse, it is no longer just the Gods of Death and the Earth we must be weary of. Two more have entered the fray, far more powerful than they."

the fox snapped her neck upward. "You're fucking with me, right? Who else could possibly join their cause and be stronger than them?! Did Craefr send in reinforcements to screw over Persephone?!"

"No, they are not Abyssians. Well, perhaps the draconoid is, but the other looks human but is far more powerful. He sent me flying with a few blows, and the draconoid made quick work of our wyverns. At this rate, our war against humanity is a lost cause. Persephone made a mistake-"

Three bolts of lightning struck Tyralus across the face, yet the giant barely flinched from them. "You're saying Lord Persephone made a mistake?! I refuse to believe that! She knows what she's doing! She knows we can win even against these odds! We just need a way to overpower these fuckers!"

Across the chamber came the roar and howls of the demons gathered. They echoed the voice of the fox. They cried for the blood of the gods, for Persephone's glory. Tyralus looked across those gathered and chuckled.

"There is ONE possibility I can think of, an ancient Abyssian ritual, but it is one I highly advise against, Mara. You are Persephone's prized pet, and were anything to happen to you-"

Mara gnashed her teeth. "She allowed me to co-lead this invasion! I get to decide what I do to myself, not you. So whatever this ritual is, I'm game. If it lets me become powerful enough to deal with our new nuisances, then so be it."

Tyralus closed his eyes and flexed his claws. "Very well. Do not say I didn't warn you. If even something goes off course, what is done cannot be undone by my hands." With that, he stabbed the earth with his claws and forced them in so deep that blood began to drip down into the cracks. As he did this, a dark voice echoed from his mouth, as cracks formed around the gathered mass of demons , with Mara in the center of the formed blood filled cracks.

"IDDAQ SGARA RIOKR ONIM SGER TARRAK! BQAUSA SGA SQOA NIVAQ!"

The air in the room grew heavy, even for Jake. The demonic army looked around in confusion, uncertain as to what was going to happen. Then, cracks filled with blood burst up and consumed the hordes of demons. Many tried to flee the approaching waves of blood, but they were too slow as they were caught up. The crimson tide flowed around Mara, who held her ground and let a smirk form across her face. The tide consumed her and began to solidify. An amorphous mass of flesh began to form, one larger than Tyralus, and Mara's voice echoed from within the newly formed body.

"IS THIS... IS THIS WHAT YOU WARNED ME OF?! THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME! I AM NOW LEGION, FOR I AM MANY! THIS POWER IS AMAZING!"

"So it is. Your personality will be the one that is in charge of the conglomerate, and with will become the greatest power in all of creation, even mightier than the gods..."
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Daon’s eyes fell upon the woman’s right hand, and in that moment, they both felt his confidence sink like a rock. In her possession, she held his heart... HIS heart! Daon was stunned, flabbergasted. This woman, who was she... WHAT was she?!

How did you...” Daon hesitated. Haphazardly, he swung a fist at her, but before it could connect, a venomous smile tore along her red lips.

“Enjoy the taste of defeat, Ninja Prime.” She hissed. Then, as her eyes narrowed into villainous slits, she crushed the beating heart right before Daon’s very eyes, and howled the words, “AQURA AWERSUMBA!”

Suddenly, Daon felt his body completely seize up, before an explosive, burning pain struck his chest and quickly spread across his entirety. Gallons of energy soon tore out of his back like a geyser, spilling uselessly to the ground.

RRRAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!

The warrior’s agonized screams echoed into space and time in vast waves. They continued for several more moments, before the unthinkable happened. Daon, as though a sharpened blade had been taken to him, was severed cleanly in half, and his cries fell silent. The two halves devolved into mere glowing masses of energy, one green, and the other red, and shrunk in size a bit, before both of which retook the familiar shapes of Dante and Evron, respectively. The ninjas dropped out of the sky like poisoned insects, and crashed into the burning wreckage of Abbadon’s ships, cratering the ground.

As the dust and fires settled, Chang’e made her descent to ground level; her trap had been successful. It didn’t take long to discover both ninjas lying beside one another, and writhing in pain. Evron was face down, clutching the dirt with his left hand as his whole body felt as though tiny needles had gone in and pierced every nerve ending that he had. Dante laid in an awkward position on his side, facing Evron, a similar pain also ravaging him. It hurt so much to do anything; even the simple act of opening his eyes forced tears out of them. Yet, still did he try... Still did Dante attempt to call out to his brother.

“Ev... Evro...” He choked on his own breath, and slid his arm shakily forward to reach out to Evron.

However, the Heart had other plans, for as soon as she landed, she made a point to focus on Evron first. But, before she did anything, she cast a curious gaze over to Dante; she wanted to make sure that he was watching. And then, with that same horrible smile present, Chang’e hovered her right hand a few feet above Evron’s back, and dark energy shot from her fingertips. Like the strings of a puppet, the corrupted matter plunged into the ninja’s back with sickening pops and cracks, and sent waves of electrifying agony throughout his body. Evron’s face shot from the earth as he roared at the tops of his lungs, eyes filling with a darkened orange color.

“NOOOOOOOOO!!!!” Dante cried. He tried to move, he tried to get up... But he couldn’t. All that he could manage was a feeble crawl, sliding himself across the ground, using only his hands as leverage, to desperately make it to Evron.

The Heart watched from the corner of her eye, more so intrigued than anything else. Still, even after she had just shattered their greatest trick, these ninjas refused to die. How... Exhausting. Even with this one before her, whom at this point had been pumped with enough dark energy to kill an angel ten times over... He hadn’t yet conceded. In fact, upon further notice, it seemed he was even... Fighting back? Or, trying to. The veins in Evron’s face had begun to glow the same color as his eyes, and the more pain that Chang’e induced him with, the greater his rage became.

She could only roll her eyes at this stage; it appeared that it would take a more... Direct approach for these psychopaths to stay down, at least long enough for transport. So, the Heart raised one of her heels high above Evron’s elevated head, and stomped it down, crushing his head back into the dirt with a meaty crunch. His screams were silenced instantly, as was whatever that, “mode” of his that his was attempting to take on. But, just for extra assurance, she lifted that same heel up, this time over Evron’s neck, and stomped on it once, twice for good measure. Now, that would surely keep him knocked out for a time... Unless he was dead. Though, from how obnoxiously resilient these ninja were, she doubted he was.

With Evron out of the way for now, the woman was free to set her voracious sights onto Dante. He had been watching this whole time, evident from the small pool of tears that had collected on the ground underneath his face. Whilst he could tell that, from having a constant read on his energy, Evron was still alive... That didn’t make his cruel torture any less heartbreaking to watch. It was even more so when Dante couldn’t do anything to help; he simply had to lie there and watch his brother be trampled.

Chang’e was upon him now, having the appearance of a looming, brutalist spire as she stood over him. Her face was indeed one of barely contained satisfaction, but it also held in it a hint of confusion, primarily to Dante’s response in seeing his sibling be crushed before his very eyes. Her left eye twitched once.

“How are you not absolutely livid from me having just...” She paused, and thought about it some more. The answer was essentially dangling right in front of her face, and she mentally slapped herself on the forehead. “Right... You and this Angelic, newfound zen nonsense, which makes my random acts of cruelty a lot less fun.”

Dante did not even attempt to look at her; his eyes never left Evron’s motionless form. He tried to swallow, but a knot had formed, which forced out a pained cough. “Why... Why are you doing this? Why now?” Dante questioned weakly.

The Heart peered at him, that vicious smile slowly returning. “Why? Come now, Dante, the answer is quite simple...” She replied in the same, childlike innocence that was now like nails on a chalkboard to him. She reached down, wrapped her fingers around Dante’s neck, and lifted him up so that he could look her in the eyes. The green of hers burned vividly into his own.

“You’ve become rather... Boring, lately. To put it plainly, you, and your kin, are washed up, overdrawn, overdue... Worn down. You are no longer fit to be the guardians of all existence, to be the judge, jury, and executioner for all life. And me, I’m simply here to see to it that the next in line is properly sworn in without any... Obstacles. With you and red eyes out of the picture, the other two will be easy. But don’t worry, “Em”, I’ll make sure that you’re still alive long enough to have one final look at your darling little sister, and your hopeless romantic of a brother as Persephone beheads them both!”

Dante grit his teeth and weakly grabbed at the powerful hand choking his neck. His eyes glowed brighter once he tried to flare his energy outward, but the Heart merely tightened her grip, and snuffed that out. She wagged a finger in his face.

“Uh uhhh, we don’t want any of that. Besides, we wouldn’t want you to tire out completely before you meet your successor, would we?” Chang’e taunted with a fake, maternal concern in her voice. Her smile evolved into a full on grin, “This isn’t your Mommy’s gift anymore, Dante...” She leaned in to whisper venomously in his ear, “I am your curse... Sweet dreams, little hero.”

With that, she infused Dante with bouts upon bouts of dark energy. His attempted screams were choked on from him frothing at the mouth, as his arms dangled to either side. Dante’s eyes glazed over, his body began to shut down, and eventually, all he saw... Was darkness.
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

#BotM

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Cthelee, Fiotto and Uquillious were looking on in shock as Aphrodite was showing a side that they have never truly seen before. While yes, Cthelee and Fiotto did hear the angry cries of Aphrodite before when Drillgore attacked earlier, they never saw her up close. The amount of rage radiating from her body was indescribable. And those eyes... Those horrible horrible eyes. It made Cthelee spasm a bit just looking at them.

Uquillious however was in a much more worse condition than the others. She wasn't meant to be in the line of action. She couldn't handle seeing such cruel things. All she was made for was to try and cheer up small children. She was trying her best to compose herself, she really was. But all she could do was emit chocking sobs of despair and was latching onto one of the younger Yakuza children. She wanted to head back home to Quatheral. She wanted to be with Markeyy... Wait.. Where was Markeyy!? H-He wasn't with them at all? She'd really hoped that he wasn't crushed or killed. He was like a brother to her. Born together at the same time. He was always smarter than her. Much more controlled than her. She wasn't even a day old. She didn't want to face this terror alone. She hugged the poor Yakuza tighter and tighter. Her hooves squeaked lightly as she shuffled around a bit, small tears streaming down her equine face.

Fiotto let out a sign of relief as the sight of the Wyvern King started to leave. Was the attack starting to end? Oh for Quatheral's sake he hoped so. He just wished that no one else got hurt during the battle.

Cider's ears perked up at the sound of more people coming along. In a rush too it seemed. She didn't pay them any mind though, as she was much more interested in Tengri's first mission for them. Was it to take in the prisoners of the Yakuza? Because that would be a great first mission for them. The crystal bunny didn't have much time to imagine herself being a hero to Quatheral due to the sudden sound of a beam firing shook her out of her imagination. "W-WWUUAAAH!?" She hopped up once and placed her hands up in front of her face instinctively.

Xpveinees let out a sound of surprise, turning her head fully around like an owls to see what struck their new leader. Xpveinees glared down at them with her single eye, her hands already shaking fury. "Who gave you the right to INTURRPT!? ATTACK AFTER WE LEAVE YOU MOUTH BREATHING WASTEFEEDER!!" She shouted at the top of her lungs, even though the opposing forces wasn't even able to understand her. She clutched her spear tightly, pressing her finger against the button. The tip of The Undying Frostbite glowed a bright blue, before a blue beam shot out of it, striking Scaroth in the chest. From where the beam touched, vast amounts of ice started to spread along the torso of him, soon spreading towards his arms and legs, making him barley more than a ice sculpture with a moving head.

"GGGGRRRRRRRAAAAAAAGGGHHHH!!!" Xpveinees yelled in an animalistic voice, soon charging towards Saroth and tackling him to the grounding, pounding his head constantly using her left hand. Punching him again and again and again until blood started to leak out of their skull. Xpveinees jolted back a bit in shock. Was she really that strong? If she was, that would mean getting back the residents easier! However, she was quickly struck in the side by multiple blasts from the Mal'akh, forcing her off the Saroth.

O'nugulao casted a barrier barrier around Tengri, protecting him from any more beams for the moment. "This should help keep you safe for the time being. You can attack through it, but it isn't strong, Tengri." O'niugulao floated over closer towards Tengri and got ready for battle, even though they weren't meant for close quarters.

With a determined grunt, Cider scurried around the attacks that were closing in on the group. She belly flopped onto the ground and slid under Jagaroth, just barley avoiding be crushed by the heel of the enemy. She rapidly got to her feet, jumping up high and sinking her claws into the back of Jagaroth, climbing up their body. She then began to desperately claw at their face, but was grabbed and smashed into the ground. The top half her body was instantly shattered into pieces, shards of her crystal body scattering across the floor.

Xpveinees's eye widened before letting out a howl of rage, ignoring the bolts being blasted at her. She used her staff to create a pathway of ice to reach towards Jagaroth, soon sliding her way across it with a surprising amount of grace. She rammed her head against Jagaroth, knocking him to the ground as well.

Within a few seconds, Cider's crystals began to regrow, regenerating her torso. 5 seconds later, Cider's head was completely back. It looked like she hadn't even been destroyed a few moments ago. She laughed and placed her claws on her hips. "Ehehe, You think Ya'll can beat us!? I'M I-" Cider didn't even have time to finish her sentence as she was kicked across the room, shattering against the wall.
-------

Mitsif laughed as she traversed the ship, feeling immense joy as she walked around. That was until she felt a great amount of dread as she continued to venture through. Was it getting darker, or was it her imagination. She back the way she came, and noted it was getting darker as well. She took one step, and noticed the ever so darker feel. Two more steps, and it got more dark. What was going on? She got the feeling that she was being watched. It was only then she noticed the hum coming from the ship. It was almost harmonic. It kinda soothed Mitsif a bit.

Mitsif giggled as she felt the feeling of being watched grow stronger, and soon Raspaganje revealed themselves. Mitsif scratched her head. Where did they even come from? Were they the master of the darkness? Then their voice began to echo throughout the ship and Mitsif's mind. Her purpose her was not her own? What did that mean? Did they know how she came here? But that was impossible! Only she and the others knew why she came here. Heck! Not even the others she was here! How could this guy know!?

She crossed her arms and glared at the entity in front of her. She wasn't scared of the being. Mitsif tapped her fuzzy foot impatiently, waiting for him to finish his riddles. No fair, he was speaking in riddles too. She had to time for this. She could've been doing so much more. Instead she was waiting for this bloke to leave her alone. She did what she wanted, not what others did. She flapped her hands about, simulating a mouth just blabbering about.

"Then we should move quickly. Jake could be facing a danger at this moment, and we might be to late if we stall any longer." Booled simply said. "Best to stop anymore bad things from happening while we can."
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Dante's form went limp in Change's hands. The woman stared down at Dante's form, then over at Evron's. What an annoyance. She hadn't expected the fight to last so long, but then, she had mostly been toying with them at the start, then she had nearly lost herself in rage at their actions. Well, what was done was done. All she had to do now was-

She turned to take one step, and Chang'e felt her knees give out beneath her. She grabbed at her mouth as she collapsed upon the ground. She felt weak, so terribly weak and ill. Her muscles cramped and locked up, and she slowly began to pant, to try and regain her breath. She took a deep breath in, and exhaled. Them the pain in her mind kicked in, and she grabbed at her head. It felt like her skull was trying to rip itself apart. She gritted her teeth and hit the ground, but the pain simply wouldn't leave.

Finally, it was too much for her. her eyes bulged from their sockets, and a hideous unflattering retch signaled piles of blackened blood that dripped from her mouth and splashed against the ground. It seemed to last years for Chang'e, before she felt herself stabilize. Only then did she collapse upon her side and resume breathing.

She had pushed herself too far at the tail end of that fight. To not only freeze time twice in the span of less than a day, but to also use the full extent of her displacement powers to bring in so many vessels and to end Daon... The toll it took on her had finally taken effect. Such was the limits of how she was currently. So much power, and yet she could only use a speck of it without her body trying to tear itself apart. Had she not frozen time earlier to prevent Adolphus and Persy from seeing her as she truly was, the backlash wouldn't have been this severe, and yet...

"How unsightly of me... For the People's Chang'e to be reduced to such a state. All my adoring fans back in Marlore would hate to see me in this state... And you as well, Father." She turned to look at the skeletal around the temple, and finally rose to her feet. "Same with my dear Estrella... I hope she's having a better time than I."

Once she had fully regained her breath, she picked up the unconscious forms of Dante and Evron and carried them toward a newly formed rift. She knew just what to do with these two, and how happy that would make her daughter...

Crigan didn't know how to react to Persephone's statement. What she said was ultimately true: He was indeed powerless to try and stop her in his current state, as he was little more than a human with a few unique powers to him. And Persephone's own power... There had always been a difference in power between the two of them, and never in his favor even when she had been holding as much of it back as she could, but this... The power he sensed from the Ruler of Sheol was immense, more than any he had ever felt in his life. Not even the fragment of Sutekh he had faced, or Aram only a short while ago, radiated such an oppressive aura. It was almost suffocating for him to even be around her, his mind nearly overwhelmed by the sheer gap between them.

Was she... as powerful as Dante? There was no doubt she had far eclipsed Cercil in power, even the Persephone he was familiar with had done so before her demise, but for her to have become this strong... Karzahni had been telling the truth. There was no way for her to be this powerful without absorbing so many of her enemies into herself. He even sensed a bit of Sutekh's own power from within the child, but... there was something else, something even deeper within that he sensed. Something.... Wrong.

"Are you certain I cannot be a thorn in your side?" He asked her. "What is stopping me from trying to trip you over, to sneak off and message my friends of what you are planning? Unless you really are to keep me by your side at all times-"

Persephone burst into laughter and cut off Crigan. She held a hand to her face and tried to control the giggling fit she had found herself in, but she failed and continued to laugh. "You hit the nail on the head, Crigan. Wherever I'll be, so will you. You'll be in my line of sight no matter what, like a newborn puppy, and safe from anything that could endanger you. But at the same time, you cannot raise your hand against me. Imagine when your allies in Dante and Yzazil see that I have you in my care. They would become disheartened, embittered, angry. Their shortcomings as gods would be laid bare, along with your own. They would throw themselves at me in an attempt to rescue you, and that would lead to their demise."

Crigan snorted. Was that really it? It made sense, for her to fault her victory over him in such a way she couldn't to the original him of her timeline, and to use him as bait to deal with her other remaining enemies, but there was something about her statement that seemed... off, something about the tone of her voice. There was more to it, more than she was letting on. He focused his mind, and attempted to read into hers. Even with himself being in such a weakened state, he could still speak through telepathy and read the minds of others, and unlike the three eyed Lilith, his mind reading could be focused. The barriers of Persephone's mind, the layers of random surface thoughts greeted him like a tidal wave of nonsense.

"I know you're trying to read my mind, Crigan."

"I hope Minos is doing okay against the intruder."

"What is taking Lilith so long? It's just a few escapees."

"What did that man want to call me about? Is it time to go meet him already?"

"I wonder if Alabaster would be jealous of Aram's figure? Now she's got competition in the beauty department"

Normally, such a cascade of unrelated thoughts would detour most mind readers, but Crigan knew how to slip past them. He ignored the thoughts and pushed them aside, and probed deeper into Persephone's mind. What was her actual goal? What was she hiding?

He saw something within the crevices of her mind, and immediately he realized he had dug too deep.

A powerful pain struck Crigan's mind as he reeled back. It felt as if a hammer had been taken to his skull and driven a railroad spike directly into his frontal lobe. He grabbed at his head, and felt wet blood begin to drip down his nose. What... What had he seen within Persephone's mind?

To his shock, Persephone's face had turned into one of confusion and horror at the sight of what happened to him. "C-Crigan? Why are you bleed- AUUUUUGH!" She grabbed at her own head and hunched over. Crigan could sense the pain that Persephone's own mind was in, as if something was tearing away at it...

And then, she stopped struggling. Her arms lowered from her face, and she stood up and looked at Crigan. The hand that had been over the right side of her face had lowered away, and what Crigan saw was a pitch black void where the right side of Persephone's face had been, an amorphous dark mass that rippled and fluxed by itself. Eight crimson eyes, more like miniature suns than actual eyes, stared back at him, and that was when Crigan knew he was no longer looking at Persephone. No, what was before him was a monster, a living embodiment of wrath and evil within the child. He recognized those eyes... They were the same as in his nightmares...

"Lirs zkarrac bgelc id sga Bqausiq... Guta xio u causg verg si omauqsg la ri riim?” The form of Persephone became enshrouded in a billowing cloud of darkness that covered all of her but the amorphous mass of blackness, and eight more crimson eyes stared down at Crigan from the shadowy void. The cloud of darkness swirled around Crigan, yet the God of Death stood his ground. There was nowhere to run from this thing, nowhere to hide. He felt time itself freeze around them. They were stuck within this one moment in time, this attosecond of existence. “Es er mis xioq bgiram sela si cea, ur lobg ur sgus nuemr la si rux.”

Crigan stared back up at the sixteen eyes, even though he could feel his body scream at him to turn and run despite the futility. He knew this language. This was an ancient form of Abyssian, one that had been lost ever since Lucifer had sealed away the Progenitor Zuldes and carved out the realm of Sheol from the Abyss. Few other beings knew how to speak it aside from those who had survived from that primordial era. "Xio uqa sga ima zagemc Naqrangima'r nivaq, uqam's xio?” He spoke back. Despite the fear that had begun to grip his heart, his voice showed no sign of it. His eyes narrowed up at the fiend within the darkness. “Sga calim emguzesemf gaq rjem.... Vgi uqa xio?”

A deafening laughter run around Crigan's ears, a voice unnatural and deep that echoed as many. "WHO AM I?!" The fiend cackled at him in Common Tongue in mockery, before it resumed in its Abyssian tongue, "U calim, E? E ul um awersamba sgus nqacusar ukk isgaqr id sga Uzxtt, ukk isgaqr id Masgaq. E ul Sga Amc id Ukk, Sga Unibqxnguk Dkula, Sga Bgulneim id Masgaq! E ul sga ima vgi innirar xioq Bqausiq!”

Crigan stepped back. What... What had he... “Xio.... Xio uqa gaq inniresa?" He stammered. "Sga ima gaq burs civm?”

The laughter continued to deafen Crigan as the sixteen eyes began to circle around him. "Emcaac! E ul u selakarr awersamba! E bummis cea!”

The eyes enlargened as they circled around the God of Death. They began to slow, until all Crigan could see around him were pupils that resembled the gates of hell. Fire and brimstone burned within their cores, and to Crigan's horror, he saw around him visions of death and famine, of entire worlds stripped bare of life, of all existence suffering beneath an endless sky of acid rain and molten hellfire.

"Maesgaq xioq nqabeior Bqausiq miq Kobedaq miq Baqbek biokc amc la, miq vekk xioq ukkear! Sgax vekk dukk umc zoqm, ima zx ima, umc xgam sgax uqa zos cors, imba xioq vekk umc gauqs uqa zqijam dqil carnueq, imkx sgam vekk xio jmiv sga SQOA laumemf id saqqiq! Mis dqil Rosajg, Mis dqil Lexirge, Mis atam dqil sga Rsuq id Bukulesx, zos dqil E, diq E UL!”
Last edited by Giratina93 on Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:00 am, edited 4 times in total.

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Rather than match the young yakuza's aggressive stance, Dea stretched her burned and frostbitten arms high over her head, then flopped carelessly onto her back.

"Relax, Hotshot," she said flatly. "I'm done. I'll leave the lovebirds alone."

The Chinese woman ruffled her hair again. She groaned, "Good gravy, you kids are even dumber than I thought..."

"My brother's dead," Dea said as she sat up and looked seriously at Alexei, eyes hooded. "Murdered one hundred eighty-nine thousand, nine hundred and... seventy-nine years ago now. And to the cheers of the people I had given years of my life to protecting. That's the universe you're being told to bleed for, kid. Those are the sort of people ol' Wonder Boy would see you die for. If you could hop off his rod for a second, maybe you'd look at the billions he's killed... not career, like... just in the last week or two... and ask yourself how he can write it all off? Either all those lives don't really matter, he doesn't care, or some matter more than others and he's apparently the arbiter of which. Do any of those possibilities seem particularly comforting to you? When... not if, when one of you dies in his name, he'll just write you off too."

Crossing her legs, Dea cradled her face in her hands, elbows rested on her thighs. She was still looking up at Alexei. "Look, just... forget about being the Night Hawks or whatever and become snowbirds instead. Retire early, move to some warm little planet, build a cabin in the woods, learn to hunt or forage or grow crops, babysit those two's kids... heck, become a polyamory for all I care, just... get out. While you can. This life isn't a sustainable one. It's a hungry life. A cannibal life. It eats other lives. Best case scenario? It's yours. But lots of the time, it's not. It's someone just... nearby. It doesn't care. It gobbles them up all the same. It happened to Da, it will happen to someone near you three. If not sooner, then later. So save yourselves the grief. Save yourselves."

Dea finally broke eye contact, looking at the ground. "But you won't, will you? You'll write me off as a nutcase and keep following Dante. And you'll die doing it. Look, at least... wait until I leave then, okay?"

"I've already seen one stupid, blindly loyal kid die," the demihuman sighed. "Not gonna again."

Daeva's idle head bobbed as Fray gave a nod.

Starting at a trot, the alabaster oddity began traveling south, cutting across the snowfields towards the dark rim of forest that circled the isolated continent. As she reached a run, snow swirling behind her like a comet tail, her gangly legs grew longer yet. Her already strong strides grew longer, though not slower. The now spidery legs snapped back and forth with unnatural speed, folding as many times as needed to fit neatly under her sleek body as it glided over the tundra. Within a few moments, the beauty and beast were tearing across Noraage at well over 700 miles per hour, a leisurely pace by Daeva's standards, but faster than any living thing this world had known.

In no time at all, the pair would reach the southern coast and the source of the world-spanning chaos.

Alex seemed paused for a moment, freezing mid-gesture of thanks towards the Abyssal demon.

"S- Sorry," he said after a second, color rising to his cheeks. "It's... been a while since I've seen one of these. Not... great memories."

Stepping closer to Demmy, Alex reached out and cupped one of her hands in his, chin angled up at her face. "But thank you. Really. I... this might be my way home. I've waited years for this. You're... w- well, a demon, but also an angel."

Releasing Demmy's hand, Alex gave her a parting smile and stepped into the rift.

Mattuger, meanwhile, only moved closer to it. The god seemed skeptical, leaning down to peer through the portal, scarlet eyes narrowed. It was a few hearty sniffs that seemed to convince him it was safe.

"<Leave this world swiftly,>" the titanic varul rumbled pointedly as his goodbye. "<We have suffered enough from these holes in space.>"

With that, the giant slipped into the rift.

The jet of holy fire rushed deep into the crevice, filling a network of fractures that had formed beneath the corridor while the two titans clashed.

Just as many gallons of Bug's living blood had mere moments before.

The floor beneath Minos rumbled, sending tremors up her legs. The walls shivered around her, dust and rubble falling from the ceiling. While the divine flames from her scythe scorched blood into ash beneath her, more and more new flesh sprung from the surviving edges, from tendrils that had drilled deeper into the foundations of the palace and spider-webbed throughout the walls, faster than it could be destroyed.

This foe was fast, Bug now knew, as quick in reflexes as she was on foot, so she would have to take her by surprise to do any real damage. Luckily, she was also highly aggressive, so, just as expected, she had jumped at the chance to strike at an opening.

Even a feinted one such as this one.

The hallway imploded! Enormous jaws broke through the damaged walls, teeth the size of railroad spikes leading the charge. A hungering tongue eruptred from the roots of the palace, lashing around Minos's feet and stopping her from simply leaping out of the way, so the gigantic maw engulfed her, slamming shut around her shoulders. A muffled howl rang out, filling every nook and cranny of Persephone's fortress with its savage vibrations. Chewing and gnawing on Minos, Bug continued to rise up, her truck-sized head crashing through several floors of the palace, jagged horns skewering a few unlucky Gyu Oni who were still rioting...

Elda's face peeled back, her eyes narrowing into furious slits and her lips curling over bared fangs. She stepped forward threateningly.

"Alex is not one of us," the large varul hissed. "Alex is outsider. Like you!"

An ornate long knife materialized from beneath the warrior's scarlet cloak.

"We hear the tremors! We saw the lightning! Things only get worse when outsiders appear!"

"<Hold, Elda,>" a sharp voice commanded, and a smaller, less muscular varul emerged from the shadows of the forest, barring an arm across the advancing spearwoman's chest.

"<This cannot keep happening, Sassa,>" the ginger varul protested, though she did stop her advance. "<These visitors always foretell disaster. Alex came before Zeye, the others before the chaos of the tonight, so what will this one bring? And who will die from it? How long will you have us stay idle?>"

"<You're thinking with your heart, Elda, not your head.>" Sassa's ears flick hesitantly, and her voice is less certain when she carries on. "<Your heart is harmed. I know this. It must seem like all that exists in your body, but you must use your head too. And your nose. This stranger... she does smell of Alex. She smells of our blood as well, but not iron or sweat or healing wounds. She has seen our dead, but not made any. We have no reason to think she is not a victim, just as she says. Besides... look at her. She is half, like us. Do you truly think those who hate us would accept her?>"

Elda was still visibly agitated, her ears folded back, but she seemed to consider Sassa's words. She shot scathing glances between the diplomatic varul and Risel.

"<But...>"

"Elda!" a new, familiar voice cut in. Alex, newly emerged from the unnoticed portal, raced between the three, planting himself firmly between Risel and Elda. He looked up at her with a mix or anger and fear.

"<Leave her alone,>" he demanded. "<She hasn't done anything. She needed help, just like we did.>"

Elda glared back down at him, but had no response.

"<You're back already?>" Sassa asked in surprise. "<I... take it your mission was successful?>"

"<It was,>" grumbled Mattuger, who had emerged shortly after Alex. His great head rose high, well over even Elda. "<Zeye and his woman are dead. His machines are destroyed.>"

The god glanced down at Risel. "<But I see not all his belongings are disposed of.>"

"<Human,>" Mattuger addressed Alex tersely. "<You are leaving, aren't you?>"

The god nodded his head at Risel. "<Take her with you. She has no place here.>"

Sassa's ears perked up. "<Leaving? Alex, is that->"

"<You're leaving?>" came a fourth new voice, shortly ahead of two sets of heavy footsteps. Sven, obviously still tipsy, his fur matted and his eyes hooded, lurched upon the group, supported by Gull.

Elda turned to the large, pale varul. "<Gull, you should be at the camp.>"

The blonde giant shrugged. "<We smelled Alex. Came to see him. You... you are leaving?>"

"<I... I am,>" Alex confirmed. "<I may have found a way home. So... yeah, I am. I came to say goodbye.>"

"<I... see. Very well then.>" Sassa took a moment to compose herself, her breath having grown shaky for a moment, then laid a large hand on Alex's shoulder. "<It has been a pleasure knowing you, Alex. You will be missed. I take it you are needed soon? I will pass your goodbye onto Jorunn and Randi.>"

With a slow smile, Alex reached up and gripped Sassa's hand. He squeezed it affectionately. "<Thanks, Sass. You... it's been really good to know you too. I'll miss you.>"

"<Can I come?>"

Alex looked up from Sassa's eyes. "<I... what? Gull? You want to come with me? I... Gull, I probably won't be coming back.>"

The golden varul shuffled her feet. "<I know. But... I want to. I have seen very little. Hunters want my pelt. My kin want me to be safe. But... between the two of them, I have seen almost nothing. You have seen so much. I want to know what that is like. I want to live. Not just survive.>"

"<Gull, did... do you truly feel so trapped by us?>" Elda asks in concern. There is guilt in her eyes.

"<Y... You're leaving too?>" Sven asked, his voice almost a sob.

The large varul nods stiffly. "<If Alex would have me.>"

Alex looked into Gull's eyes for a moment. The he said, "<Okay. I'll convince them. I promise.>"

Sven began another teary protest, but he was wrapped in huge arms before he could finish. Gull hugged him deeply, nuzzling his head with her snout. "<I... probably love you, Sven. But I need to do this. You are my best friend, but... I need to find a real home.>"

While Gull comforted Sven, Alex turned back to Elda. He too materialized a long knife from his person. For just a moment, in Risel's fearful eyes, it seemed as if he was going to fight the wolf-like giant, but he only offered it to her pommel-first. She gasps upon seeing it, looking down to her own paws to confirm what she already knew: it was identical to hers.

"Vigr," she breathed in shock.

"<Take it,>" Alex promptly gently. "<Elda, I... I know things haven't been right between us since... since Vigr died. But you're still my friend. And so was he. So... this belongs with you. I'm not sure if it will fix things between us, but... this is the best goodbye I can give you. A goodbye from Vigr.>"

Hand unusually shaky, Elda took the leather-clad knife. Her reddish eyes looked into Alex's, tears forming at their corners. "<I... Alex... thank you.>"

Alex, growing teary-eyed himself, smiled back. "<I'll miss you too, Elda. You, Vigr, and Sven, you... you three rescued me. You're all family.>"

"Alex," Sven whimpered as he limped closer, finally parted from Gull. He stared wide-eyed at the knife. "You... you brought Vigr back to us.>"

"<Sven, I... I know I must sound like a broken record, but I'll miss you, buddy,>" Alex said, pulling the stout varul into a hug. "<I'll miss you so much.>"

"<Me too,>" Sven sobbed, returning the hug with bone-creaking strength. "<I love you.>"

"<I love you too, buddy,>" Alex wheezed.

After a few minutes of holding each other, Alex and Sven finally separated, hair mussed and eyes red. Sven sniffed. "<I... I love you and I want to go with you, but... Vigr is here. This is where he bled down into the ground. I have to stay here.>"

"<I know, Sven. Take care of everyone for me, okay? Make sure Ingolf knows he doesn't have to be alone, okay?>"

Sven wiped the tears from his eyes. "<O... Okay.>"

Rubbing at his own eyes, Alex waved Gull over and turned to Risel. "U- Um... are you ready? Sorry I'm taking you right back, but... w- well, we'll take care of you, okay?"

Gull gave the winged woman a short, awkward nod. She spoke slowly in English. "H... Hello."
Last edited by HayesAJones on Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

"H-hi..." Risel replied to Gull. She was shaken from Elda's aggression from before, but Alex coming through the rift had helped diffuse the tension. He really was kind, a gentler soul than she was used to seeing. Gentler than the people who had made her and kept her...

She gazed over the Varuls that were gathered. These were the people Salome had slaughtered and thrown to her to eat. She hadn't thought much of the corpses she had been given during her imprisonment, just that they were food. Once living people, but food nonetheless. Yet, to see them here, to see what damage Zeye and Salome had done to those who had lived here... She felt a strange tugging in her heart, a pain she couldn't understand. Why was it like this? Why did she feel so... in pain?

When Alex asked her if she was ready to leave, she gave him a nod. "Y-yes. I'm ready... to depart, yes. For the better... for everyone."

---------

On the other side of the rift, Demmy looked around at the destruction of the building that had once been Zeye's impromptu palace. Smoke still rose from the ground among the rubble, and pieces of what had once been his treasury still remained standing. Among them was a glass case which contained three foreign masks that Demmy felt uneasy even looking at, though why that was she couldn't place a finger on. Most everything else lay buried beneath the rubble, and among those were those who had perished with Zeye and Salome.

She didn't feel particularly sorry for any of those who had fallen victim to whatever had leveled the building. All of them were complacent with Zeye and Salome's schemes for the conflicts of this world, all of them more than happy to see Varuls slaughtered and their forests and plains stripped bare and lay waste to. They should have known the dangers of complacency, of assuming nothing bad would happen to them siding with a pair of tyrants willing to commit genocide, refusing to do anything about it. They had dug their own graves tonight, and no one would mourn their passing.

No, her thoughts didn't remain long on the dead, but rather the structure itself. She had seen the security footage in the terminal beneath the building, and from that and schematics that had been displayed this had once been the central building of whatever city this had once been a part of... Marlore, was the name of it, if she remembered correctly. The rest of the city, from what she could tell, was in a state of ruin and decay, and not just from not being in use for years. And yet... she had seen Yzazil there. A different timeline's Yzazil... or the same one as she knew?

Her eyes narrowed as she brought her hand up to her chin in thought. What did Yzazil know about what happened here? Something of this place didn't add up...

"You... You seem deep in thought." Mara's voice dragged Demmy from her thoughts. "Is something bothering you? Molly, perhaps?"

"It's... It's nothing." Demmy muttered. She looked up at the sky. "Nothing important. And I know Molly's fine, wherever she is. I have faith in her."

She had fallen into the enemy's trap, and Minos was about to pay dearly for it.

Unable to escape, Minos's body was punctured through by the fiendish jaws of Bug. Bone snapped and flesh was torn and ripped through as the living flesh chewed her like an oversized puppy with a bone. Her scythe fell from her hand before her arm too was crushed by the massive pressure of Bug's jaws.

Minos felt none of that pain. The vast bulk of her body was covered in dead pain receptors and blood vessels. Everything from the base of the neck down was but a husk for her to utilize and pilot. And that husk was now to be discarded, as Bug realized far too late.

A whipping noise reached her ears as several tendrils unwrapped around the neck area. They were long and segmented and tipped with sharpened barbs. Minos's head rolled off the corpse, and with the main thing keeping it functional no longer there, the body began to glow with one final instruction from the parasite that had controlled it...

Detonation.

As Bug erupted out of the side of the Palace of Shadows with her prize, the beheaded body erupted into a blazing explosion that engulfed Bug's entirety. Across the city, citizens of Sheol turned as a brilliant light shone from the Palace of Shadows, as the explosive force equivalent to a nuclear strike tore through Bug, the explosion itself contained within a sphere that formed around Bug and contained the entirety of the palace's courtyard, protecting all beyond on both sides from destruction...

-------
Crigan glared at the abomination that lived within Persephone's body. This was the fiend... the fiend which Cercil had sealed so long ago? The original Champion of Nether? A being equal to his Creator?

He was not impressed.

"Those are bold claims you make, fiend." No longer did he bother to reply to it in the ancient Abyssian tongue, but in Common instead. "And I see no reason to believe them. You are a parasite, a worm leeching off your host's power for your own."

"WHAT DID YOU SAY?!" The fiend snapped, and the eyes around Crigan magnified even more. "YOU DARE TO TAUNT THE END OF ALL?! YOU DARE MAKE LIGHT OF ME?!"

"I do, because only someone that insecure about their own self would resort to so much boasting. Either that, or you are an idiot. Not even Sutekh, with all of his ego, let his mouth run that much. Or... are you hiding something, like Miyoshi was? That was why she ran her mouth so much. All I've seen from you are nightmares and illusions of your torment. If you were truly as powerful as you claim, then why only that, why not take actual action? If you really are all you say you are, then prove it. Prove you really are the biggest, baddest thing that ever lived, but killing or torturing me won't do you any good. You'd just be kicking a child at that point."

"INSOLENCE!" The eyes regrouped back together, and Crigan saw, through the misty darkness, a great clawed hand begin to form above him. "YOU WILL BE THE FIRST TO LEARN OF TRUE TERROR-"

"NO!" A new voice spoke through the frozen time space. A familiar form materialized between Crigan and the mass of eyes, and held up a hand before the End of All. "What are you doing out this early? First with Nonce, and now with Crigan... It is not the appointed time for your appearance! Why are you being baited out so easily?!"

"He dared to insinuate that I am not what I say I am! I have been insulted by his words, and he must pay!"

"And throw the script aside?!There is a time and place for everything, and you must learn to follow it, Father! I insist! It is too soon, the preparations are not ready yet!"

Crigan stared at the woman with a curious gaze. She seemed so familiar, but how... She turned to look at him, and he saw it, the deep emerald in her eyes, the same as...

His eyes widened. "MII?!" Crigan snapped. "YOU'RE BEHIND THIS?!"

The woman, Mii, chuckled. With a snap of her fingers, her black and white dress turned into the flowing blue witch dress Crigan was more familiar with, and she smirked at him. "I'm behind a lot of things, Crigan. Not everything, but a lot of them. But, for you to have done this..." She shook her head as her clothes changed yet again, this time to a skeletal dress with a mask over her head. "I must punish you for this. And punish you I will."

She tapped a finger onto Crigan's forehead, and then twirled on her heels and snapped her fingers. At once, the greyed out space around them faded away, and the dark mist and sixteen eyes reformed back into Persephone, who grabbed at her head as she stumbled around.

"What... What happened. My head hurts so bad... Alabaster, when did you..."

"Forgive me Persy. It appears Crigan here tried to read into your mind and was rather... forceful about it. He ended up doing a number to your mindscape, and inexplicably formed a barrier around his own mind."

Crigan's eyes narrowed further. What a banal lie! He opened his mouth, to speak out the truth of what had just happened...

"Yes, that is what happened."

Crigan froze as the words left his mouth. That... That was not what he meant to say! Not at all! He tried to speak again, but the same thing happened. Words completely different from his intentions came out instead.

"I had hoped it would be enough to cripple you, but I miscalculated."

His eyes darted to Mii, no, to Alabaster, and for but the briefest of moment, there was a flicker in her eyes, and a tiny smirk. She had done this to him... Robbed him of his own voice, of his words.

Persephone's breath slowed, and she stared at Crigan. "I didn't think you had that in you, in any capacity. Color me surprised-"

The Palace shook, and Crigan was thrown off his feet. Persephone and Alabaster, meanwhile, remained standing.

"That was Minos..." Alabaster exclaimed.

"Alabaster, I'll go check to see if she's alright. I'll take Crigan with me."

"Now, before you do..." Alabaster sidestepped, and with a flick of her hands, rolled a transparent sphere out of a rift before Persephone and Crigan. Crigan could only stare at what was within the sphere.

Dante... and Evron.

-----------------

In one of the highest spires of the Palace of Shadows, a new arrival stared down at the chaos that unfolded below. Her eyes stared with curiosity at the blinding light and explosions that rocked the far side of the Palace, and were she not hovering in the air, she would have felt the shaking of the room she was in.

Heather huffed. What an overly dank, stuffy world she had found herself in. And it was so unbearably hot as well, like a constant sauna. At least she could tolerate the heat better than she could the Quatheral fuckers or that insufferable Aphrodite. She turned her head upward in thought. Oh, what a world of hell they were no doubt in right now, being burned alive and reduced to cinders by The Wyvern King. Such rampant stupidity and retardation deserved nothing less than a painful slow death.

Her tiny pixie wings stilled as she took a seat on the window. The room she had found herself in had once been a prison cell, with the long decayed skeletal remains of some pig looking fuckers against a broken set of bars. Whoever they had been guarding here was beyond their paygrade... Or was she the one in over her head with this? The offer she had accepted, it had simply been too good to pass up...

She sat in the pantry closet beside the box of sugar. She could hear it outside, the sounds of the Quatherals and the Ninja younglings interacting, and Aphrodite's sickeningly polite voice. She hit the box of sugar with her open hand. Damn them all! Fucking damn all of them! They all pissed her off! They sided with that fucking weakling and decided SHE was the problem?! Why did she have to be nice to him? He was worthless! A waste of space! At least Demmy could actually do stuff!

But NOOOOO, she HAD to play nice! She couldn't tell the useless blob to fuck off, because the hell could she do to Aphrodite? Tell her to shove her head up her own ass and walk off? That couldn't work! Not when unlike Molly, she was more than willing to simply flick her out of existence! And fucking Nichelle as well with her goddamn power high! And even with all their power and ego, what was stopping Drillgore from coming back in again and fucking everything up?! They were useless before him!

She began to bite into her thumb. Everything pissed her off! It pissed her off, it pissed her off, it pissed her off, it pissed her off, IT PISSED HER OFF, IT PISSED HER-

She saw movement out of the corner of her eyes. She turned her head, and nearly stumbled back screaming, only for a scaly hand to cover her mouth. It was a rat, an ugly goddamn rat with dark green eyes. The rat stepped closer, and held a finger to its lips. Heather wanted to scream, but she couldn't bring herself to.

And then, the rat spoke.

"Poor child, you seem to be so very angry over many things. Let's not have you suffer an aneurysm over petty grudges."

Heather grabbed the rat's paw and pushed it away from her mouth. Somehow, she forced her voice to not come out as a screaming wreck. "Who the fuck are you?! One of Drillgore's lackeys?! Get away from me."

The rat shook its head and chuckled. "Were I working for Drillgore, you would already be either dead or back in his chamber being tortured. But no, I am not working for him. Nor am I just some magical rat farted into existence from the Ninja's bullshit, as you are thinking. Instead, I'm here to offer you a way out of all your inconveniences and ailments, Heather Chavs..."

The rat tilted its head in thought. "Or, should I call you by your true birth name, D-"

"Don't say another word, you goddamn vermin." Heather hissed. Her body shook with barely contained embarrassment and hatred, but she kept her voice low and level. "You clearly have been doing your homework if you know all about me. What exactly is it that you want from me, and you'll be giving to me?"

The rat grinned from ear to ear. "I'll give you freedom from the doldrums of your existence. Everyone here looks down upon you or barely tolerates your presence because of your... temperament, and you hate being so shackled by having to play by their rules. You hate being around them, you hate having to even think of them, and you hate everything that they are."

The rat slowly began to walk around Heather, and its tail reached into the box of sugar and pulled out several cubes which it dropped into its mouth. " And yet, you are also trapped by the looming threat of Drillgore, and what he did to you. Leave the protection of the Ninjas, and you are easy prey for him. Stay, and even then they cannot guarantee your safety. Your life currently faces a fork in the road, and neither choice is one you can stand or tolerate. But, what if I promised you there was a third branching path? A way to ensure Drillgore would be no threat to you, all the annoyances of life would be burned away, and you could do as you saw fit... not as a lowly mortal, but as a king."

Heather had been silently listening to the words the rat spoke to her, with barely a change in emotion the whole time. Yet, those final statements cracked away at her hardened heart, and she felt a grin of her own begin to creep across her face. "A king, you say? How much are we talking I can rule over? And... aren't kings men only?"

"Women can be kings, it's just a misconception based on terminology." The rat flicked its hand before it turned back to face Heather. " And while I cannot grant you authority over everything, as that is reserved for the one I hold closest to, I can give you authority over an entire world. Several even. I can make you a king over all you despise and hate, and you can have the authority and power to do with them as you see fit. No more being second fiddle to the youngest child of Tartarus and Gaia. No more having to pretend to be nice to customers who get under your skin. And no more threat of Drillgore or Aphrodite looming over your shoulders. Now, doesn't that sound like a deal too good to be true?"

Heather stared at the rat. Indeed it was too good to be true. There had to be strings attached, something she wasn't quite aware of, something she would have to do in return. Magical rats didn't just offer such things willy nilly. This was a devil that wanted something out of her.

Yet, before she could speak, the rat giggled. "That is true, yes. You're smart to assume I won't just give this all to you for free. I do need you to do a little... something for me. Soon, a little birdie will be sending an agent of hers here to cause some chaos. During that, I need you to lure whomever you can down to the most isolated room in this place, where I will have my own agent, The Wyvern King, waiting. She will dispose of whomever you bring in, and be free to rain fire upon this world. Do that, and follow her back when she is finished, and your end of the bargain will be filled. Just betray your allies, and you will get what you deserve, and I will personally see to it that Drillgore is out of the equation."

Heather cracked a smile. That was it? Just that? That was easy. "You have a deal, Charles."

The rat's head tilted. "C-charles? Why would... Oooooh, that's why. Oh no, I have an actual name. I'll tell you it when we meet again." The rat turned and walked away, and its form faded out of existence. " When you arrive on the other side of the rift, wait for me. Either me or someone on my behalf will be there for you to speak with."

Heather shifted her position on the window sill. How was she to pass up a deal like that? It made Drillgore's later offer seem paltry, and absolutely not worth it. Now, she just had to sit back and wait...

The wait was shorter than she expected.

The door to the room opened, and a very, VERY tall woman walked in. Heather stared up at her and whistled. She had long flowing white hair and her arms and legs were covered in a sickly crimson fire, the same as the nine horns that stuck out of her scalp. The rest of her body was covered in golden armor, and her eyes glistened as she stared down at the diminutive Heather.

"I was told to meet a turncoat here, but I didn't imagine it would be a pixie." The woman mused. "Though, I won't question those she picks out."

Heather's eyebrows twitched. "Got a problem with a tiny little fairy? I take it you're the person that green eyed rat wanted me to meet. You speak to Heather, and who are you?"

The woman chuckled with a soft, tender voice. "What an ego you have there, to speak that way before a god. But I'll let it pass. I am Aram, a goddess of many things. I am love everlasting, eternal suffering, thunder and lightning, a god of wine, and a god of light and life."

Another low whistle came from Heather. "That's one hell of a resume. How long does an old hag like you have to live to qualify for all that?"

"Wha-?" Aram stepped back. She clenched her right hand into a fist and closed her eyes. "Of all the things you could say, you state something so groundless. You must really love treading on thin ice every day of your life."

"Of course I do." Heather flew up to Aram's face. "And I know I can get away with it, because no one can tell me otherwise, and especially not anymore. Not when I'm going to become a king as promised, a king over many worlds- HEEEY! LET GO OF MY HEAD!"

A pair of fingers pinched in Heather's skull. She tried to pry herself free, but she had no chance as Aram stared down at her. "I suppose all that ego and bluster must have smothered your brain cells. Are you not aware that a king is below a god? The only reason I don't just pop you right now is because I know you were brought here for a purpose, but please, remember where you belong on the ladder of life. I am a god of gods, and you are currently the lowest of mortals."

She flicked Heather away, and it took everything the fae had to not splatter against the wall.The tiny pixie whirled back around, her face blistering red and eyes strained. "You say that, but are you even a match for the Ninjas? Or against Drillgore? Drillgore made the Ninjas his own personal bitches, and unless you're better than them-"

Aram snapped her fingers, and a sound akin to a thunderclap deafened the entire room. Heather felt her ears rattle and her body vibrate against her will. The Supreme Goddess took a seat on the window sill and clasped her hands together. "Where I once was, absolutely not. But now, now I stand above the Ninjas and above Drillgore. No matter what kind of intelligent lifeform they are, beings with wisdom always possess 'desire', and my fingers can grasp their souls. Any being that possesses desire cannot match me. The Ninjas have desire, Drillgore has desire. Tengri has desire as well, and so too does Persephone. They have attachments and interests, and because of that, they cannot stand before me... "
Last edited by Giratina93 on Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Like a coward, the Wyvern King managed to slither away into another portal with, complete with their tail firmly between their legs. Aphrodite growled with irritation; the worm had escaped, when she wanted it buried. But, at this point, she was far too tired to care, and descended back to where Fiotto and Co. with a heavy sigh. As orange embers and smoke surrounded her lightning form, it left her body in a tiny spark, returning the goddess to her regular self. When she landed, it was with a stumble, before Aphrodite soon sunk to one knee and tried quietly to collect herself. That had been a lot of energy she'd used, more than had ever been expelled. She needed time to rest, but in the state of her home, such was a luxury that she couldn't yet afford.

Eventually, her eyes fell on Fiotto, Uquillious, and Cthelee. In their eyes, she saw fear, fear of what she had became. And, as she looked into the eyes of the children whom were wrapped up tight with Uquillious, they also looked terrified.. And that is what saddened her the most. Aphrodite looked away in guilt, shaking her head. "I'm sorry you all had to see that, see me like that. That woman... That angry, punishing force of nature... That's not who I am, I promise. But, for the sake of everything that I loved and cared about, it's something that I needed to become."

The goddess, weary and stressed, sunk further down onto her bottom, and stared distantly towards her shaking hands. "My family means so much to me, more than anything else..." She paused and looked at the three Quatheral, wearing a tired smile. "And, it's only gotten bigger with you three, Evoex... Howo... Ishome..." Aphrodite trailed off, she felt guilty for mentioning Howo and Ishome. Quickly changing the subject, she looked to the Yakuza children. "You guys doing okay?"

They all nodded tentatively, still very much frightened by events transpired, and nervous of Lady Aphrodite after seeing the vengeful side of her up close. A couple of her students were in this group, which made this all the more painful. She was always so caring and gentle, so loving; why did she get so angry, so scary?

Aphrodite nodded, satisfied. And, though she could see their unsureness of her, she understood. She would have to work to rebuild that relationship and regain that trust. Right now, they were safe, and that's what mattered. She turned to Uquillious and offered a thankful nod. "You stayed by their side without falter... You protected them with your life. There aren't any words to describe how grateful I am, thank you."

Before she could say more, she perked up and frowned. She turned to Fiotto, "Where's. Heather?"

- - - - - - - - -

Ubel breathed a sigh of relief from the sight of the winged being frantically scuttling away. Maybe they wouldn’t come back, if they knew what was best for them.

Piccolo smiled a bit, “Hmph, I don’t see them coming back here ever again.”

“If they’re smart, they won’t.” Ubel rested Hellsbane along his shoulder and turned to Piccolo. He patted the Namekian on the back, “Great work, Piccolo, and thank you for all your help so far, seriously. You sticking by us through this hasn’t gone unnoticed, that’s for sure.”

Piccolo nodded, “The pleasure’s been mine, your highness.”

“Now we can actually focus on getting repairs started on the-”

Ubel suddenly found himself feeling extremely lightheaded, and before he knew it, he was falling to the ground.

“Prince Ubel!” Piccolo exclaimed and dove towards him frantically. He managed to catch the ninja and slow the both of them down enough to land gently onto solid ground. There, Ubel stumbled out of Piccolo’s arms and collapsed to his knees, breathing heavily as Hellsbane soon landed a few feet in front of him, before dissipating away.

“Are you alright, your highness?” The Namekian asked as he knelt beside him.

Ubel held out a reassuring, albeit shaking hand, and nodded slowly. “I’m... I’m alright, I promise. This is just... A side effect of the weapon I was using, that’s all.” He sputtered.

Piccolo furrowed his brow, “A weapon that leaves you in this kind of state? Forgive me, but you don’t think that’s... Unwise?”

“Heh heh, you would think so, right? That’s why I only pull out when things are looking rough, because it sucks my energy dry in just ten minutes... Which is literally nothing.” Ubel sighed, before turning to Piccolo and offering a hand. “Here, help me up.”

Piccolo helped the weary ninja to his feet, making sure to remain close in case he fell again. He wish he’d brought a few Senzu beans along.

“But, Hellsbane contains a power like no other weapon I’ve ever seen... And it’s my duty to see that it never falls into the wrong hands.”

“I understand, a warrior’s duty is fickle thing, but is one that carries an importance like nothing else.”

Ubel nodded. “Those are wise words, Piccolo.” He smiled, “I expect nothing less from a Namekian.”

A bow of thanks came from Piccolo. Such a compliment, especially from that of a ninja, would be something that he’d carry with him until the day he died.

Thankfully, it wasn’t taking that long for Ubel to regain his energy, with a brief stretch signaling that he was back ready to go again. “Hey, is there anything else we need to take care of before we work on getting the estate back to shape?”

Piccolo frowned. He had almost forgotten about those Yakuza children whom were fighting against that mysterious woman. He could only hope that they were alright. “Earlier when this chaos had first started, I came across three children who were fighting against a dark haired woman. One girl, and two boys... I engaged the woman alongside them, until she knocked me across your realm from a single blow.” Piccolo growled. “Her power was immense... I just hope nothing has happened to those kids.”

Ubel felt his stomach drop a bit. “That sounds like Vale, Alexei, and Hayden... Dante’s students.” He replied heavily.

“Lord... Lord Dante? Those were his students?!” Piccolo gasped.

Ubel nodded, “And as far as I know, this would’ve been their first time ever in the field. Where were they when you saw them last?”

“I... Over in the fields south of the estate, but...”

“Alright, let’s go, we’ve gotta save them.”

With that, Ubel soared into the air and headed to the fields behind the kingdom, leaving Piccolo in a brief state of shock.

“Those kids... They’re Lord Dante’s personal trainees?! Unbelievable...” He jeered to himself. Quickly, he shook himself free of his trance, and took off to follow Ubel.

- - - - - - - - - -

Alexei listened intently to all Dea had to say. It sounded tragic, what had happened to her brother; he couldn’t even begin to imagine how it must’ve felt to lose a loved one, a sibling at that. Even all these years later, he could see that even mentioning him rekindled a pain in Dea that had never fully healed, and likely never would. Her advice hadn’t fallen on deaf ears, either, and if this had been any other situation, then he likely would’ve even taken it to heart. But, this was Lord Dante that she was talking about, and Alexei, Vale, Hayden... They all knew who he was, how compassionate and caring he was, despite all that’s happened to him in his own past. He, nor their highnesses ever turned their backs on what was right, never having forwent the safety of the multiverse, nor their own people for personal gain or pursuits of power. And, for those reasons, and various others, the Night Owls would always be loyal to them, no matter what.

Alexei rose to his feet and stared empathetically at Dea. “I’m sorry about your brother, Dea; I don’t know what it must feel like to lose a sibling, and I’d never wish that kind of pain on anyone. The multiverse is a violent place, we know that, alright, we’re not stupid... But you’re wrong about Lord Dante, completely. He’s not some selfish, bloodthirsty tyrant who couldn’t care less about his own people.”

“He’s the kindest and most caring person I know! He always listens and makes time for everyone living here, even when a million other things are competing for his attention!” Hayden piped in, still cradling a weakened Vale in his arms.

“The ninjas are warriors... Guardians of all existence. Even when things turn grey, when choices aren’t black and white... They do what’s best to protect everyone as much as they can. You might see it as us having been brainwashed, but it’s just a case of us knowing the truth... The real one.” The fire bender held an unbroken gaze on Dea. “I’m sorry about your brother, Dea, but you said it yourself: You are a nutcase... And it’s time for you leave.”

“Kids!” Ubel’s voice called out.

Seconds after Alexei made his final statement, the trio overheard a shockwave thundering above, before the instantly comforting voice of Ubel filled their ears. They looked up to find that he, along with the being who had helped them earlier, were descending to meet them.

“Prince Ubel, you’re here!” Alexei exclaimed. “

Prince Ubel... Thank the gods...” Hayden sighed in utter relief.

Ubel, noticing Vale, quickly went to her aid. He knelt beside her and looked towards Alexei and Hayden with concern. “Are you boys alright?” He asked.

“We’re... We’re fine, your highness.” Alexei responded.

“Are you sure?” Ubel looked to Hayden, seeing his blackened nose, and reached up to gently feel along the edges of it. “Did she do this? Did she hurt you?”

He shook his head in a childlike manner, all while trying to hold back the damned tears that were trying to form. “No, sir, Hayden and I are fine, I promise.”

Hayden turned to the ninja, angst on his face. “But Vale, your highness... Something’s wrong with her, we need to get her some help!”

Ubel turned back to Vale and saw that she was more pale than usual. Delicately, he press the backside of his hand up against her forehead, prompting the girl to open her eyes. When she saw that it was him, Vale smiled feebly.

“Prince... Ubel.” She whispered.

“Uh uh, try not to talk, honey, okay? We’re gonna get you to safety, and back to your old self again in no time.” He assured in a murmur. Then, ever so gently, did he lift her from Hayden’s arms and stood to his feet. “Hale, when you get a chance, go to the exit door of the waterfall courtyard in back. Hayden, Alexei, and my new friend, Piccolo will meet you there; Vale’s in rough shape, and Hayden needs some Uranda solution on his broken nose.

Right away, sir. I’ll be there shortly.”

“Piccolo,” Ubel called to the Namekian, whom had been quietly standing off to the side. “Take the kids and head to the rear courtyard on your left, it’s the one with the three waterfalls built in. Our head scientist and doctor, Hale, will be waiting for you guys to get there.”

Piccolo nodded, “Understood.”

Ubel passed Vale off to him, and he cradled her the same way one would a newborn. As he set off, Hayden started to follow after, but stopped and turned back to Ubel. “Be careful, your highness... You have no idea how good it is to see you.” He said, before running after Piccolo.

Before Alexei left with them, he faced Ubel, but avoid his eyes as they looked at him. The boy dropped his head and began to cry. Tears of relief intermixed with emotions freed of adrenaline, and he struggled to speak.

“Prince Ubel... I’m... I’m so sorry... We failed. You all were counting on us, we were supposed to protect our home, and...”

“Hey hey hey... Listen to me, Alexei...” Ubel craned the boy’s head up. “You three did an amazing job protecting everyone, you hear me? No one, not one soul died today... And it was because of you guys. The land will be healed; that’s nothing to worry about. But you three? Dante would be so proud of each of you... I know it.” Ubel reassured, drying Alexei’s tears with his thumb.

Sniffling, the young Yakuza nodded profusely and wiped his tears on the sleeve of his shirt. “Thank you, Prince Ubel... I mean that... Thank you.”

The large guardian smiled, “Of course, I’ve always got your guys’ backs, no matter what. Now, go catch up with the others and get somewhere safe, yeah? I just need to finish up here, and I’ll be right behind you guys.”

Alexei did what he was told and hurried to catch up with Piccolo and Co., leaving Ubel fully alone with the awaiting demigod. The ninja stood a few feet away from her, and simply stared her down for the time being. Yet, his posture nor aura gave off a threatening vibe; there was no need for to be. He could feel the amount of energy Dea possessed, and Piccolo was right: She was indeed powerful, but innately sloppy at worse, and unconventional at best. Either way, she didn’t pose a threat to him currently, and starting off with a fight wasn’t his M.O.

Eventually, Ubel folded his arms, and started the conversation. “I don’t believe you and I’ve ever met, right? In that case, I’m Ubel, my friends and family call me Ubie.” Surprisingly, for an invader of his realm, Ubel was... Cordial. “What’s your name, and why don’t you tell me why it is you decided to come here, exactly? You seem like you’re pretty smart, yeah? So, you had to have know that this was... Kind of a bad idea, right?”
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#BotM

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Post by Corzak The Mighty »

"Good," Nyx replied harshly, helping Lilith onto her feet. "Then it shouldn't be hard for you to fix it up."

The woman turned to look at Lae, handing over the tri-eyed scientist to Aseya for safe keeping. "Where to next so we can get off of this crater?"
----
Through the veil of space, distant yet still close to the land of Sheol, a ferocious armada breached into the grandiose void. The sky seemed to crack and splinter, before hundreds upon hundreds of ships, followed by several significantly larger ones, poured forth from the massive wound in space-time. Soon enough, the entirety of the cosmos surrounding Sheol found itself filled with the seemingly endless armada, headed by one particularly large ship of pyramidal design.

"Commander," the crackling, mechanical voice of a servitor machine spoke, breaking the silence, "It appears we have arrived at our destination. Sheol is no more than 200,000 kilometers away from our location."

A hoarse laugh responded to the machine's conclusion, as the massive form of Abaddon hoisted himself up out of his chair. "Most excellent! We have made great haste in our crusade, then. Though our fleet has been wounded by the journey, Sheol shall shatter all the same! None can withstand the Conquering Star's might and live to tell the tale!"

"Commander, an unknown energy source is rapidly approaching our location from Sheol," another servitor robot stated, examining its computer screen.

"That must be the two angels. Establish communications immediately!"
----
As Proditor prepared to make the journey back to Tengri's palace, he was suddenly greeted with a telepathic voice.

"Angel! This is Abaddon of the Black Crusade! What news do you have for me??"
As the Wyvern King fled from the Realm of the Ninja, Yzazil slowly drifted down to the ground, before collapsing to his knees in exhaustion. Pain... pain unimaginable wracked every inch of his being. Between the fell magic of Diabolus and the infernal flames of the Wyvern King, the God of Judgment had expended much of his strength. His armor had been massively damaged, revealing the misty form of his true body beneath; his cape was in tatters, leaving nothing but ash in its wake; his helmet was cracked and warped, one of its massive spiraling horns melted into half of its original size. He extended out an armored hand, calling his trusted blade back to him.

But he knew the battle was not over... not until this world was safe in its entirety. The devilish beasts that served Persephone still infested this place, and such evils must be purged to save it! Sure that Ubel and Aphrodite could defend the children from whatever threat lay ahead, Yzazil gathered his strength and dashed in to confront the horde of lindworms once more, blade clutched tightly in hand...
Scaroth was rapidly battered by the sudden onslaught by the Quatheral! If it were not for his armor, he surely would have been ground into little more than paste by the assault; but his people's technology held firm, allowing him the oppportunity to keep fighting back!

As Scaroth shakily rose to his feet from the assault, battered and bruised but otherwise intact, the Monarch of Frost rushed forward to intercept Xpveinees as she withdrew. With shocking speed, he batted aside her spear before she could counterattack with one blade before thrusting his other sword directly into her sternum, slicing into her tender chest innards. With a low grunt, the Monarch unleashed a chilling blast of frost down his blade, causing razor-sharp icicles to erupt within the quatheral's body where the blade punctured!

While the Monarch of Frost directed his attention to Xpveinees, the Mal'akh swarmed Cider and O'nugulao, preparing to unleash biting blasts of wind and fearsome strikes with their polearms!

... that is, until their weapons suddenly turned against them. With a deafening groan of metal, several of the Mal'akh found themselves on the receiving end of their spears instead of those they aimed at, as their spears bent unnaturally to instead impale them! Shortly after, a blast of scalding wind suddenly washed forth over them, setting over a dozen of the burly brutes ablaze!

"FOOL!" Tengri bellowed with unrivaled vigor. "Have you forgotten the potential of the Conquering Star?! You cannot harm me with your tools, for I am their ultimate master!"

Scaroth cursed to himself under his breath. Had he gotten in over his head? Was even this squad and the Monarch of Frost not enough? And where the hell was that shadowy guy?! He was supposed to be back by now with reinforcements! Grunting angrily, he revved up his massive plasma cannon, this time levelling it at O'nugulao and unleashing a swift trio of plasma bursts!
----
The being let out a chuckle, seemingly amused by Mitsif's dismissal of him. "You do not quake in terror before my splendor? Intriguing... it is rare to meet one of such iron will, least of all one so infinitesimal as yourself." The eyes seemed to shift around Mitsif, slithering in a circle around her like that of a serpent. "But defiance is not strength; nay, it belies a desire beyond one's own ability, a wish to be free. To be... unshackled by fate and its bindings."

The eyes seemed to lean in. "Do you wish for that? True freedom? To answer to no master, but to rather be your own master?"
----
As Molly and Ananke moved into the main halls of Tengri's palace, splendid in their crimson sandstone architecture, they were interrupted by teh arrival of a shadowy, elderly-looking man.

"Forgive my intrusion, madam Ananke, but I'm afraid Tengri is currently... indisposed." The figure offered the spider-like seamstress a bow. "Perhaps it would be better for the concubine to wait in your chambers until he is prepared?"

A low hum resonated through the great Library of the Void once more, before the trio suddenly found their consciousness shunted into the temporary bodies created by Owlzarus' hymn. Flexing his hands to ensure everything worked perfectly, the librarian then conjured a shimmering orange portal.

"Let us proceed, and hope we can find Jake."
As Evron found himself dragged into the ethereal void, a realm unknown where Chang'e had taken him and his brother as prisoner, a voice whispered within his mind - a tempting hiss, almost soothing in its surreal nature.

"The sapling cannot grow to its full potential within the shade of the mighty oak... it must branch out, lest it wither and die..."
Last edited by Corzak The Mighty on Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread
Clash of Gods (Shin Gojira vs Legendary Godzilla story, completed)

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Evron awoke in a violent manner as he shot straight up from his resting position, and was shrouded in a burnt orange aura. His eyes were ignited with a brighter shade of orange, and teary streaks of energy traced from them to connect seamlessly with his glowing veins. Evron bared his teeth, showcasing elongated canines as an earth shaking growl guttered from his throat. As he blindly attempted to lash out at anything and everything that may have been in front of him, a cacophony of pain centering around both his neck and head quickly extinguished whatever fight the ninja had at the moment. Evron returned to his normal self and collapsed to his knees in a woeful moan, clutching the side of his head.

“Gods, my fucking head! My goddamn neck My neck and my back!” He groaned. As Evron paused to try and collect himself, a nagging though tugged at the back of his mind: what the hell was that voice? The one which so rudely slinked into his subconscious without asking... Had he imagined it? Unlikely. No, he knew what he’d heard, and he aimed to get to the bottom of it. He was getting real sick of disembodied voices trying to lure him in like some sleazy used ship salesmen.

Moments later, Dante too arose from his forcefully induced slumber, and the first sensation that he felt were his insides seemingly on fire. For several seconds, he refused to move, not that he could have if he wanted to. Whilst his memory was still fuzzy, the last he did remember before blacking out was being pumped full of a impure energy, the likes of which he hadn’t experienced... At least, not as intensely focused at one time.

Eventually, the pain had dulled enough for Dante to groggily push onto his elbows, where he then laid eyes on Evron’s slumped form. Immediately, he went to his brother’s side and embraced him from behind. “Evron! Thank the gods... I thought I’d lost you back there, man... Are you okay? How are you feeling?” Dante questioned.

“Yeah, good to see you too, Em, I’m fine... Outside of literally having the worst goddamn headache possibly ever experienced. I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy... No, scratch that, I sure as shit would.” Evron groaned.

Dante sighed in relief. Yeah, he was okay. The minute he let go of Evron is when Dante finally noticed where they had been taken. Sat in the middle of a large room, trapped within a sphere of energy, the wheels in Dante’s brain started to turn. He remembered what happened, how he and Evron could have gotten to here, and their battle with...

“Cri... Crigan?! Crigan, what the hell are you doing here?!” Evron suddenly demanded.

Dante looked to him and followed his gaze over to where, sure enough, the death God sat before them. Shock overtook the Ninja Prime, not just at Crigan’s general presence there, but at the sheer lack of any real power that he didn’t have. While the being in front of his eyes looked like the Crigan that both ninjas knew... He may as well have been a simple mortal... Human, even.

“Crigan... How did you-”

Right as he was about to question the God of Death, Dante, and at the same time, Evron, felt this just... Tidal wave of power slam into their senses. Both their heads whipped in the direction of the source, and stood before them... The vessel of all that incredible might... Was... A small girl. A child? The ninjas at first just stared in total disbelief, complete with bewildered faces. But, no, their eyes weren’t deceiving them; there was indeed a little girl just standing there, looking between the two of them. Dante looked at Evron, and Evron stared at Dante... And their eyes both grew twice their original sizes, and turned black, complete with twinkling, almost star-like glows of light within them.

“AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!” They both fawned and turned back to the girl.

“She’s soooooooooo cute!!!” Dante exclaimed.

“I knoooooow, look at her widdle cheeks, I just wanna chew on them!” Evron baby talked to her. “Can we take her home, Em, can we???”

“Awwwwwww, are you lost, honey? Did you get separated from your Mom and Dad? Oh, Evron, we have to bring her home with us, at least until her parents can come get her! We could even leave a number that they could call.”

Evron placed the backside of his hand up against his forehead, and pretended to feel faint. “I couldn’t imagine ever losing such an adorable little meatball, my heart just couldn’t take it!”

Somehow, both of them had ignored the towering form of Chang’e standing silently a little ways away, for their collective focus was entirely on the adorable girl. Persephone, Queen of Sheol, slayer of Sutekh, and one of the two critical warmongers of the multiverse... And the ninjas were... Coddling her. Did they know, and were merely doing so as a form of mockery, or were they truly fooled? That... What anyone’s guess.

Daeva soon found herself having dozed off, and nestled her head into a comfortable little pocket on Fray’s neck. With what felt like a smooth and casual jog to her, combined with the cool breeze and snow flurries pattering her face, it made for an unconventional little combination that had cradled the princess to sleep. Though, with as fast as Fray was traveling in relation to everything else, the duo would soon arrive to the south side of this strange world, and their mission would be back on.

Good news for the canine oddity, then, for any longer that Daeva slept, and the kicking legs and flailing arms would start flying.

#BotM

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

As Aphrodite descended back to the ground the Quatheral beings all let out a sigh of relief. She looked to be safe for now, if a bit tired. Cthelee nodded along as Aphrodite explained her actions to the group. He'd seen that kind force and anger before in his life. Still, to this day it scared him. The anger of a parent of when their family is in danger, and will do anything they could to save them. That was just happened it seemed. Aphrodite was desperate to save them all. Why did she remind him of Quatheral so much? It was kind of uncanny in a way.

Evoex rose up and swirled his arms around like a spinning top.

[Border]"IF IT MAKES YOU FEEL BETTER, I CAN'T FEEL FEAR. SO I WASN'T SCARED OF YOUR TERRIFYING FORM, APHRODITE!"[/Border]

Fiotto nodded and clasped his hands together. He took a few steps closer to Aphrodite. "Y-Yes! It wasn't scary. I-I was fine.."

As Aphrodite struggled on her words, and mentioned the beings that were no longer there, Cthelee couldn't help but physically wince a bit. It still hadn't been a day since the wound of what happened earlier from Drillgore. Both Howo and Ishome were now gone, and weren't likely to return. Despite that, he understood what Aphrodite was trying to go for. She... really considered them to be family. It kind of made Cthelee feel a bit better. He hoped that one day Quatheral would one day get along better with humanoid creatures.

Uquillious's ears perked up once her name was said, and looked over towards Aphrodite. She was still shaking, unsure if there was still nearby danger. She got a compliment? That.. That made her feel good. She did her job well it seemed. She rubbed one of the elder kids back and smiled a bit. She spoke to Aphrodite in a hoarse and quite voice. "Th-Thaaaank... You."

Fiotto swiveled his head to Aphrodite. "Hrmm.. Heather." He said the fae's name in distaste. He started to waddle around in a circle, trying to remember the events that unfolded. "Erm, we ran in. Caught by that beast,before you came along I... I.." Fiotto stopped and looked down at himself. He opened the tea door and then shut it. "Right.. Right right! I caught her before you came, but then when we were being drained, she escaped. I think she may have teleported her way out. I'm sorry, but that's all I know." Fiotto sighed and shook his head. "I honestly can't believe she did this... I-I.. I didn't think she had it in her. She was a annoying lady, but I didn't think she was straight evil. I suppose I was wrong."

Fiotto clutched his fists tightly, anger swooping over him. "I was willing to forgive her too. I really was. I trusted her. I even wanted to save her when the Wyvern King showed up. I did! But she was just as nasty inside as well. I'm not even mad that she tried to hurt me or my friends! I'm angered that she thinks it was okay to sacrifice children for her own needs! Also, what in Quatheral is a virgin? I've never heard of it.

[Border]"I THOUGHT A VIRGIN WAS A TYPE OF HOUSE?"[/Border]

Cthelee's let out a surprised squawk and started to look nervous. He went over to Fiotto and wrapped a wing around him, shaking his head.

"W-Whaa? What do you mean I don't want to know? If.. you say so I suppose."

[Border]"DOES THAT INCLUDE ME, DEAR CTHELEE? I WOULD CERTAINLY LIKE TO LIVE IN A VIRGIN HOUSE AFTER THIS IS OVER!"[/Border]

Cthelee's eyes widened, and started to aggressively shaking his head no. Evoex wondered why Cthelee was so adamant on this virgin meaning. He would ask Nyx later if he had the chance.

"U-Uhhmm. Ms Aphrodite..?' A small spoke out to Aphrodite, almost that she didn't hear it. She only looked down once she felt something tugging at her leg. It was the tiny form of Uquillious, her big eyes looking up at her. "I-I was thinking.. Since this is the second time you've been attacked. I... I was thinking we can take some of the younger and injured Yakuza to Quatheral. N-No one else knows about Quatheral. A-And the ones that do never really.. leave?

It was Cthelee's time to panic again. He really didn't want anyone to know that. Espcially since Aphrodite just said to them they were family. She may have found out later, but right now? It could have been crippling! But.. Even if he did try to stop Uquillious from speaking, it would only upset Aphrodite more. He let Uquillious continue on with what she was saying.

"We... Mommy can help them get better! With her healing powers, she can make them okay and keep them hidden. It wouldn't be too much trouble! I-I think at least."

[Border]"THAT IS TRUE. IT WOULDN'T BE MUCH TROUBLE AT ALL."[/Border]

"And the last time a being crashed there was about... 4 months ago? Usually we only get a visitor once a year! And that created Narper! So we shouldn't get any more visitors. Even Drillgore wouldn't dare to face Quatheral head on!" Fiotto supported.

O'nugulao watched carefully as the plasma cam spiraling towards them. With quick thinking, O'nugulao was able to pull up their shield, blocking some of the bolts from incinerating them. A few of the blasts did end up breaking through easily, and caught O'nugulao's shoulder.

Xpveinees let out a pained grunt as she felt the blade pierce through her armor like butter. W-What!? She was supposed to be strong! Why was her skin being torn into so easily!? It must be the weapon, yes.. That was it! She groaned out as she felt the blade inside of her. It was a really weird feeling. Like having a sharp worm crawling around inside your body. She felt the hot air leaking into the inside of her body. However, the hot air didn't last as she suddenly a rush of ice run directly into her body. She screamed out in immense pain, her arms started to spasm; both in rage and in pain. She couldn't do anything but stand there and take it.

She felt so cold. Like her entire body was in a snow storm. The only thing that felt hot was her head. Anger soon took over her pain. She balled her hands into fists, her blood beginning to boil. Xpveinees's pained expression changed that into fury. Fighting through the pain within her chest and adrenaline pumping through her, she moved up behind Scaroth. With heavy breaths she grabbed hold of his right arm and forced it downward against her arachnid knee. It hurt her a bit, but she fought through the pain just to get her enemy to feel the same pain. Sacroth's soon felt an incredible pain in his arm. It was only when he looked down at his arm did he notice the cause.

His elbow was facing the other way from what it should have normally been in.

Mitsif placed her arms behind her back, swaying back and forth on her heels. This being sure did like to talk. Could probably give Gabmouth a run for her money. Well, maybe that was a bit too far. But boy this guy sure did like using big words! Like infinitesimal! What did that even mean? Probably something great if he was talking about her. And did he constantly have to swirl around the hallway like this!? It could've made her dizzy.

The Quatheral Trickster was about to give up and just make herself invisible so this dork could leave her alone, when he made an interesting offer to him. Now he was starting to make sense! Or at least in her mind. Whilst yes, now he seemed to be getting on the right track on who she was. This guy did still weird her out a bit though. But an opportunity to become her own master? Well, she really wasn't bothered by being ordered around by Quatheral sometimes. That was just what a parent had to do sometimes. She couldn't fault that. But from what he was suggesting, it would seem he would allow her to gain more power. Interesting to say the least.

She stayed silent for a few moments, occasinally tilting to hear to the side to decide to go with this weird deal. If he gave her the powers, wouldn't that make him her master or something? But... her powers was weakened away from home. Ah screw it, she didn't really care. What will happen will happen!

A gleeful expression was now reflective in her eyes. She placed her hands on her hips and nodded at Raspaganje. She was curious on how this would go, so she accepted this being's offer!

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

Hercules firmly gripped Immanuel's hand. Unintentionally, the strength of at least half a dozen of godlike beings seeped through into his grip. Not in such a manner as to harm Immanuel, but in a manner where a certain pressure could be felt. Hercules grinned and shook. "Let's do it."

He patted Immanuel on the back and started to lead them somewhere into the ship. "Should be giving you a look at my collection, no? Let's go."
_________
The bloodied corpse of a titanic centipede lay in several pieces. Large portions of its inner shell sat exposed to the elements, descended upon by wildlife bold enough to pay little mind to the creature still removing chunks.

The pirate beast was dead, as were its companions. Godzilla dropped the scorched limbs from his massive claws and craned his volcanic head in the direction of the Pegasus's Tavern. The sea's cool air passed through his nostrils in masse. The fowl thing from beyond was making a move here? Either they didn't know what they were dealing with, or they were attempting to hide.

The King of the Bloody Seas wasn't one you could hide from. Hercules, maybe. That's why he wasn't the top dog.

Godzilla lowered himself headfirst into the water, sending a tidal wave in either direction and a quake to the planer's core. Three rows of rocky spires stuck ever so slightly out of the water as he drifted toward the ship. One last Majin met violet death as they were spotted from 160 kilometers. He imagined their final scream with a feeling of satisfaction.
_________
Beetle stopped in midair as the Wyvern King escaped. She spat. Damn thing had gotten away. She couldn't call it cowardly---Hercules told his crew when to fold them and not only was there some serious hurt but the antler beast looked almost as big as Godzilla---but merely disappointing. Now that she had battle in her mind, best to just divebomb some Lindworms below... it would thin the herd so the others can save more people. Looked like some were even using blue energy. Perfect targets.

The Other rolled his eyes as he ushered more civilians to safety. They might as well have been a man down. With Go'ren wherever, then that was two.
_________
Go'ren pooped up over some nearby rubble. Didn't look like there was anybody here to save so far... probably vaporized by all the fire and lightning. Then, out of the corner of their eye was a group of people. A not unattractive woman, kids and some distinctly non-Yakuza creatures.

They trotted forward on their stubby goblin legs not realizing they were talking to the source of the lightning when they pointed at Aphrodite. "AHOY! Retreat to the cave where the creepy buzzing is. Safety awaits there!"

Jake pushed his hand forward, multicolored power channeling between his scales and causing his chains to rattle. He pressed his middle and index together. The hues of green, blue and red curled up the plates on his hand. What he had been preparing to do was ready to go. He should have used this against Sutekh, but there was oh so little time.

Twin-horned serp---

"What's goin on?" Goku said, flying in and toppling Tyralus. "You know, I give you a second chance and you do... whatever this is."

Jake cursed. He wasn't about to obliterate this Saiyan. If he did, there was a good chance that Goku's world would never be restored.

That would be nice. Sitting here fractured like this felt like such a humiliation. Trapped in a small frame by some hunks of warmongering tin...

Nonce couldn't risk getting any closer to the Dragon Balls. It felt some miracle that he had managed to enter the void and exit it once more. He couldn't risk setting of a booby trap and make Hercules ask questions. He was supposed to be with those imbeciles. Still, he had to make sure they were safe. They were the key to all of this.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Alex's still red eyes glimmered with concern as he looked into Risel's. He reached down and took her hand.

"Hey, we'll make sure it's for your good. I'm looking for home, but... we'll find you one too, okay? Promise."

Gull, while only observing for now, felt something stirring in her own heart. This maor... no, she was not a maor, was she? She was something different. Different and frightened, much like herself. They were different in many- perhaps many more- ways, but in others, they were the same. They were both terribly timid, and they both relied on Alex.

"Yes," Gull found herself saying before she fully realized it. Her heart was ahead of her head. "I... Alex keep promises."

"And so does Gull," Alex smiled he lead Risel through the portal, followed by the blonde varul who felt the need to lean over the winged woman protectively, as if the Abyssal energies of the rift might harm her.

Everything within the glowing sphere was ripped asunder. No matter how Bug tried to armor her body- matted fur, calcified skin, bony plates, even carbon nanotubes- the nuclear-level strike ripped through her defenses, tearing her into pieces that rolled and broiled and vaporized in the heart of the explosion, nothing left behind to regenerate. There was no stopping this. There was no escape. This was death for Bug.

Or for most of her.

While she had put all the chips on the line for the ambush that put her here, in the gut of utter destruction, she had not bet all of her body. That was a risk she had sworn never to take.

Inside the ruined palace, creeping out from inside a crack like a cockroach, a tiny, spiny-legged scrap of Bug began to flee. She would not die here. She would not ever die.

This battle was a draw.

Alex and Risel, flanked closely by Gull, emerged from the portal.

"W- We're back," Alex said, a hint of a sob still in his voice. "I... Gull wants to come with us... and I'd like to bring her, if that's alright with all of you."

He held up Risel's hand. "And she needs help like me. You all saw how those two treated her... so, I want to help her find a home too."

Alex looked at the winged woman. "T- That reminds me. I, um... never caught your name, did I?"

"You know, you people keep saying that as if you know me," Dea said, glancing up at Ubel. "But, like... what's the worse that happens? I die?"

The bob-haired sat back and gave a carefree shrug. "I don't really care. I've lived 190 thousand years and all of them have sucked. I'm bored."

With a grunt, the superhuman stood up. A small cloud of dust, ash, and flaked blood rolled up behind her, so she paused to brush off her thighs and butt. She didn't even come up to Ubel's chin.

"Honestly, the worst you could do is kill me in a boring way." She tapped a fist into Ubel's chest. "Or was that your plan, big guy?"

As Fray chauffeured Daeva across Noraage, the ground began to transform beneath her feet, changing with the latitude. First, the snow disappeared, giving way to naked, loamy soil that hosted tall, spindly trees the canine creature had to dodge and weave around. Then, the forest thinned out, eventually vanishing altogether. The dirt became wetter and damper until it was swampland that threatened to suck the slender, hoofed feet of the alabaster shapechanger down, quickly slowing down their progress.

Fray initially tried to combat the pull of the marshy earth by widening her hooves into pronged spades, but only ran into the problem of loosing traction and occasionally finding a patch of uncovered water the paddle-like shapes slipped easily into. It was soon apparent the best way to carry on with speed was to leave the ground altogether.

With a tremendous leap, Fray launched herself many hundreds of feet into the air!

The pale-furred beast's forelegs, already long and thin, sprouted gangly digits and an air-catching membrane, billowing into broad wings that made her look like some deer-legged bat or oddly shaped gargoyle.

With a high vantage point and her keen eyes, Fray say a group of people ahead: five humanoids- though at least one was obviously not fully human, bearing ragged wings and a reptilian tail- and a dog-headed giant that was not dissimilar to her bipedal form. Loudly smacking her lips to try and wake Daeva, Fray began gliding down, approaching the group at a leisurely, non-threatening pace.

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

Korraz could not help but smirk at Tenkarus. The girl seemed to be enjoying herself. She felt bad for the creatures she mercilessly beat up, but at least their suffering was brief.

The giant turned towards the two lindworms approaching her, snatching them both by their throat and effortlessly lifting them off their feet. Pulling her brawny arms apart and then back together, she smacked the skull of the reptiles together. The collision of their combining craniums created a loud boom, the limbs of the lindworms entangling as they fell in a stunned heap at the feet of the Borskall blacksmith.

Stepping over the collapsed beasts, the Borskall was almost immediately interrupted by the commotion caused by the clashing of the giant wyvern and Beast. Before long, a wide portion of the area was up in flames, prompting the giant to hurry and try to find a way to stifle the flames. She was no waterbender, and what little airbending she knew could not be used, but she could command the clouds above.

Soon, more clouds gathered, and rain began to fall. Even if her larger friend could talk, she would not need to say anything for Glaxion to understand her plan. With her waterbending, the warrior made the falling droplets colder, their lowered temperatures stopping them from simply evaporating over the larger fires. The water from the rain was also appreciated by Gaiyan's plants, which were recycling the air in response to the thick layers of smoke now rising from the dying fires.

A croak from Hod drew Korraz's attention to her right, where a burning tree, fallen over, had trapped a deer beneath it. The blacksmith quickly stomped over to it, bending down to grab the thick tree trunk. Despite its size, it was nothing for Korraz to lift. Her coat and gloves protecting her from the flames, the giant pulled the toppled tree off the animal and set its burning length aside. Slowly, she leaned over and gently scooped the deer in her hand. Unable to feel for a pulse with her gloves on, she instead tilted her head and brought the animal closer to her ear. Fortunately, the creature was still alive, but the poor thing had suffered several burns and injuries. It had likely passed out from smoke inhalation. She would have to bring it to Gaiyan quickly.

Meanwhile, the healer herself had been sending out healing waves to mend the wounds and burns of those near and away from her, but the sight of such huge flames disturbed her. She closed her eyes, but it only took away one of the numerous traits of fire that upset her. She could still hear the roar of the blaze, the creaking of burning wood, the burnt scents. Although she no longer observed pain, she swore she could feel it when she heard the flames.

She tried to concentrate, but the heavy usage of her healing powers, the strain of the negative emotions of those around her weighing on her mind, and now the fires raging around her were so much for her to handle. She gritted her teeth, doing her best to remain focused. Many lives here depended on her. She could not fail them.

As Korraz lumbered out of the thick haze of smoke towards the clearing Gaiyan's plants had created, the giant frowned with concern. Her friend's eyes were closed and her teeth gritted together, healing power surging in clenched, shaking hands. She was overworking herself.

Even through her concentration, Gaiyan heard Korraz's signature slow steps and rattling mail approach her. She felt her gloved hand on her shoulder as her taller friend stood over her, leaning to check on her. Opening her eyes, the healer looked up to her friend. Korraz took her hand off her shoulder, only so that she may ask with her hands if she was okay.

Gaiyan smiled. "Yes, I am fine."

It was not an outright lie, as Korraz's presence and care for her did bring her comfort. Korraz was strong and stalwart, even in the worst situations. She could always count on her.

"Where is Glaxion?"

Korraz pointed a distance away, where the hammer-wielder, along with the yak-like warrior, were fiercely battling the lindworms previously harassing her.

"Having fun, eh? Very well, then. Now, what is that you have there?" the green giant asked, turning back to look at the injured deer Korraz was carrying on her shoulder and what appeared to be bunnies filling one of her coat's pockets. She showed her the deer first, which Gaiyan took in her own hands. She then scooped the rabbits in one hand and removed them from her pocket. Her other hand emptied her other pocket, from which she pulled out a bunch of earthworms and bugs. She had tried to rescue as many as she could on her way to Gaiyan.

"Anyone else?" Gaiyan asked.

Korraz paused for a moment, then reached behind her back, snatching a squirrel that had latched onto her coat.

"All right. We shall see these are all taken care of."

With a nod, Korraz set the animals down, ready to defend them against whomever would want to threaten them...

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Demmy's one good eye drifted back to the arrivals. "Welcome back, and I don't see why no-"

She stopped as her eye landed on the winged girl. For but the briefest of moments, the demon's eye changed, and Mara thought she saw fear consume Demmy's expression. It was only for a moment, as just as quickly as it had appeared it went away, and she took a deep breath. "Y-yes, what is your name? You look... like someone I once knew."

Risel stared at Demmy and Alex with a curious, confused expression, though the confusion was from the brief moment of worry she had sensed from Demmy. "I... They call me Risel. That is what Salome and Zeye called me... when they created me. I don't know what I am made from, but, they made me to be a weapon, and then Salome... she turned me into trash instead. But... Alex is kind, you all seem... kind, not cruel like them."

"People can be many things." Mara said. "Some can be cruel and merciless, but others are kind and compassionate. Cruelty often breeds cruelty, and kindness breeds more kindness. I am just glad you don't seem to have been broken to that state from them."

Demmy chuckled. For some reason, it was almost like she had Molly back at her side with the way Mara was talking. And this was the God of Death's wife? He must have been a lucky man to have such a person beside him for however long...

She sensed something, two life forces drawing near. She turned her head upwards, and her one good eye spotted a strange dog like entity and... A smile cracked on her face. "You know, I thought you Ninjas weren't supposed to end up here because of how frail this planet is." Demmy shouted at the approaching form of Daeva...

"You'll be amazed by what Hercules has gathered." Karzahni began to say, but Mulek nudged the back of his head with the back of her scythe. "HEY!"

"The more you boast something up, the more I'm inclined to believe it's not that much." Cercil's second in command flatly stated. She turned her head off to the side, and stared out into the ocean. "Go on in without me. I need some time to think."

The ancient Abyssian demon raised a curious eyebrow. He could tell Mulek was hiding something, and not just the usual secret he was aware of. Yet, he didn't bother to probe it. With Hercules and Immanuel moving away, so too was his protection. He scurried off after them, and Mulek was left at the entrance to the ship.

The fake angel closed her eyes and took a deep breath. It had been a long time since she had been an active soul collector, a very long time indeed. Before Persephone had entered Cercil's life, Mulek had partaken with the Death Knights in their job of carrying the recently deceased back to the Netherworld to be judged. It was a job she had taken pride in, and admittedly she had preferred that to being relegated at Persephone's babysitter while Cercil and Sariel were attending other matters. While her natural skills may have dulled during that time, she still was keen enough to be able to sense souls across vast distances and even between the realms of Makai and the world of man.

And even had her talents all but completely eroded away, she would have still been able to detect the approaching soul of a certain giant reptile...

She slowly began to fly up into the air, and stared at the approaching giant. She was in no condition to fight, not after her near death experience against Thrud and Minos. And while what she had heard of Godzilla's power may have been overblown talltales, she held no illusion to the fact he was simply more powerful and dangerous than either the Valkyrie or even the fallen Death Knight. It was a fight she had no chance of winning, and it was fight she wished to avoid.

Her mind flashed back to the battle against the dog like demon that had shattered her ego on that molten planet. She had gone into that fight overconfident and drunk on her own power, and had left it crying and begging for Cercil's help. This time, there were no illusions of grandeur, no far flung notions of surviving a fight. All she could hope to do, was pray she could convince the approaching calamity to hold off on any grudges and wrath he may have held until the greater threat was dealt with...

"I-indisposed?" Ananke repeated. "And why would he be-"

The ship shook, and Molly nearly fell over, had she not been grabbed by Ananke. The spider's eyes narrowed. "I see.. it would indeed be safer to keep Molly with me."

The spider turned, and began to lead the girl back toward her chambers. Yet, the spider's light green eyes glanced back at the shadowy being, and further down toward Tengri's chambers. What wretched timing. Was this just her luck, to always be plagued by setbacks and inconveniences at every turn? Even with this deal with Raspaganje...

"What is going on?" Molly asked her. Her face seemed paler than usual, and her expression was that of a lost child. "I don't think that's Dante and the others..."

"Heavens no, they have no clue where we are..." Ananke whispered to her. "Rather, I fear this is something else... either a third party, or a coup."

----------

Proditor grinned at the voice. "Abaddon, this is Proditor, Minerva's loyal follower. The news I bring back is that Sheol's defenses are admirable, yet insufficient compared to your firepower. Their army is being repaired from the failed attack on the planet below them, and what remains are forces numbering merely in the tens of thousands. There is a barrier that surrounds Sheol, one that can repel nearly any attack, but teleporting within bypasses it. There are defensive turrets, but they won't do mu-"

A second voice joined the conversation. It was Minerva's. "Proditor, I don't think you scouted well enough, because while you are correct regarding the barrier and defensive structures, the army number is much greater than you stated. There are hundreds of thousands of warriors and machines, if not millions, and unknown vessels lay within the floating landmass. I would exercise caution, Abaddon."

Above the vessels, a form appeared through an open rift. It was the broken, wounded form of the Wyvern King, who staggered as it began to lose altitude. Blood dripped from its many opened wounds and gashes, and the great dragon fell through one of Abaddon's vessels like a falling meteorite. The ship, one at the rear of the fleet, crumpled as it was torn into, and the Wyvern King's form descended further and further down, before it vanished into a golden light...

With a final anguished shout, Nichelle shoved her blades as far down the Lindworm's throat as she could. The beast snapped and howled, but its thrashing was cut short as the blades pierced the back of its brain case. The beast went limp, and Nichelle pulled her blades from within.

She had lost track of time, of everything that had been going on around her. Draconic fiend after draconic fiend had swarmed her, and it had taken so much out of her to put them down. Only now, as she looked around, did she realize the extent of the damage that had been done by the invading forces. So much of the landscape was burned, yet rains now fell upon the fields to put out the smoldering embers, and new vegetation was being forcibly grown. She panted, and staggered in her step. She ambled over to where she saw Aphrodite and the others, hopeful to learn of what had been the cause of all this.

But one name entered her mind as she got into listening range, a name that in hindsight suddenly made what happened feel all the more atrocious for her. Her fists clenched, and she felt her blood boil as she walked up to Fiotto.

"Damn it! I should have known something was up when I saw her being useful for once." Nichelle hissed. "She set this all up, and likely because she couldn't handle being smothered in this place. But these creatures... I don't... I don't recall them being part of Persephone's forces. Maybe Heather made an agreement with Tengri... no, he didn't have these either..."

"What are you trying to say?" Tenkarus walked up beside her. The Celestial gave Nichelle a curious look over. "That Persephone is behind this? I find her being a villain a little hard to buy, considering the last I saw of her, she was a timid little girl."

"And who are you supposed to be?" Nichelle asked.

"Her longest standing friend, before I thought she passed away a long time ago. Tenkarus Maxiarus, The Queen of Heaven. Last of the Celestials." Tenkarus gave Nichelle a mock bow. " An augmented bio-weapon like yourself wouldn't know of my existence, so lack of knowing of me is forgiven."

"You.." Nichelle stepped back in surprise. "How do you know I'm-"

"I'm well versed in machines and Celestial technology. You bare all the signs of being an augmented clone created from Celestial tech. Slightly dilapidated eyes, unusually high muscle mass in the upper legs, mismatched mammary gland size, and Arbanium swords from your palms." Tenkarus gave a low whistle as she looked out. The last three Lindworms had begun to circle around Glaxion. "Though, back to the point I was trying to make, if you think Persephone is behind this, then this timeline's Persy must have changed a lot from when I saw her. Though, making deals with traitors is one thing she will never stoop to. Even as a scared little kid, she had that kind of honor to her."

Lae watched as Aseya stayed beside Lilith as she walked her way over to the command module. He then turned back to look at Nyx. " I know you want to be returned back to Omega City, but... currently, Sheol has found itself above your world. Bringing you down there will be easy, but I need a rift to be opened to bring you there, and as we are currently, trying to open one up will draw Persephone's attention. Unless you know of a safer location to warp you toward than down in Omega City..."

"Funny you say this isn't a safe place, because in this moment, you'd be correct." Lilith pulled up a feed on the moniter, and what filled it up was a freet of hundreds of vessels, not too far from Sheol's borders, slowly approaching their location. "It seems Tengri's finally sent his armada to deal with Persephone. I doubt he'll succeed, but better to be safe than sorry." She reached down, and felt a claw press against her neck.

"And what are you doing now?" Aseya asked.

"Powering the shields and making sure people cannot just jump in and out of Sheol willy nilly. Watch." Lilith flicked the switch, and the barrier that surrounded the city of Dudael and the rebuild realm of Sheol flared with an eerie light...

------

Persephone stared at the two Ninjas with a face that at first seemed confused, but that confusion quickly was replaced with a bemused expression. "I must admit Alabaster, I'm impressed you captured Dante and Evron. How did you do it?"

Alabaster, who had struggled to not laugh at the Ninja's fawning over Persephone, was quick to use the opportunity to save face. " It was simple. I told you before I had friends you could rely on to do what Minos and the others have failed, and we laid out a perfect trap and captured them within. When they were in position, they were ambushed, and my friends with their unique capabilities and talents were able to swiftly and decisively knock the pair out. They had no clue what hit them, Persy."

Persephone tried to peer into Alabaster's mind to see if she was telling the truth, yetwhat she saw was... just that. The sequence of events, with figures that resembled burly draconic humanoids with clubs, had indeed occured as Alabaster had said it did. There was no indication, no hint of a lie in her voice. No irregular heart beat, nothing. She then tried to peer into the minds of the two Ninjas, but found herself unable to peer inside. The taunts of the ninja brothers grew quiet as well, yet she could still see their mouths move. She turned back to Alabaster. "And this sphere? A delayed impenetrable barrier to it?"

"Yes, in a sense. My friend's design." Alabaster whistled. " They can hear us, but we cannot hear them. Completely impenetrable from within, but not outside. This way, they know how futile their escape is, and can do nothing to break free. As for their minds, I believe it is something they themselves can do. You cannot peer within. Their minds are an enigma."

Persephone eyed Alabaster carefully. Something wasn't adding up here, something was definitely off about all of this. But just what was it? She tried to figure out what, but her head began to hurt. A lingering effect of Crigan's attempt to break her? She didn't know, but it all seemed so off...

Crigan tried to speak, but no words came from his mouth. Persephone looked at him and sighed. What even was going on anymore? Everything was just so strange now...

Alabaster stiffened. "I... I'm sorry, Lord Persy, but I just remembered I forgot something truly important. I need to go attend to it at once, so... I'll be off!" Alabaster turned and ran out the door, and Persephone was left alone with the trapped Ninjas and Crigan.

She sat down on her throne and stared at them. Before the barrier had been fully raised, she had heard of their fawning over her, ridicule by all means. Or... were they just that surprised she was a child.

There it was again. First with Nyx, then with Crigan, and now the Ninjas as well. Why were they acting as if her being like this was so... unusual? She had always been like this, there was nothing wrong with her. There was nothing wrong... Nothing wrong.

She stood up. "To think, that the guardians of the cosmos would fall to whatever underhanded tactics my advisor and her allies used. Is there no more perfect an example of the failure of the divine? No, I do not think so. Except maybe him." Her eyes glanced to Crigan, who said nothing. "For what you have done to Sheol, for the destruction of our world during your clash with Sutekh, justice will be given and you will pay with your lives."

She turned back to Crigan. "You worked with those who could not speak before, right? Members of the High Council who were dumb? You can read lips, so whatever they have to say, speak in their behalf. It will give you something to do while you are here."

Tyralus never saw the strike coming. Goku flew into him like a runaway freight train hurled by the gravitiational pull of the sun, and he fell head over heels from the impact. A loud pained cry came from the giant as he tried to righten himself, par tof his skull cracked and bleeding from the strike, but as he rose to his feet, he saw that his claws had been removed from the ground from the blow.

"YOU FOOL!" Tyralus screamed at the Saiyan. "LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE! THE RITUAL IS DISRUPTED!"

In the center of the circle, the amorphous mass that was Mara looked up at Goku and Jake. "Well well... We got friends of Crigans here. I can smell him on the dragon... and anyone who's a friend of his is fucking de-"

The mass shuddered. Mara's voice, once confident and bursting with bloodlust, devolved into a primordial scream as the mass began to twist and compound upon itself. The mass began to balloon in size, until it dwarfed even Tyralus. As Mara's screams began to deepen and turn into feral howls and snarls, the mass began to take shape. It narrowed and lengthened, and one end split into six different flailing appendages. Five of them manifested as serpentine heads that gnashed and snapped at the air, but the sixth was larger than the others, and a golden hue as opposed to the pitch black lesser heads. Several rows of dorsal plates jutted from the back of the serpent, and as the six headed fiend stared up at Goku and Jake with a hungry animalistic glare, a bluish hue enveloped its body.

"M-Mara? A-aram, is that you?" Tyralus began to say, but the golden head of the serpent whirled and unleashed a torrent of fire upon him. The fire came into contact with the bleeding giant's scalp, and the blood erupted into an explosion that blasted part of Tyralus's face away and deeper into the cavern. With him gone, the serpent turned back to face Jake and Goku, and many voices spoke out in unison as the eyes of the serpent began to fill their vision. It was not the voice of Mara they heard, but one of a deeper complexion, one that oozed of authority and menace.

"You claim you are power, but you are not. I am Power. I am Goetia, King of Demons, and I will show you the true depths of power. Let my eyes consume you, let your will dissolve away, and I will show you the path to eternity."
Last edited by Giratina93 on Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

“The girl had us all fooled, unfortunately.” Aphrodite spoke to Nichelle, as she pushed back to her feet. “The task now is to warn everyone else about her, just so they’ll know to be aware in case they come in contact with Heather.”

She then looked down at the plushie looking unicorn that was beside her leg, and after having carefully considered the option that Uquillious had offered, Aphrodite only granted a small smile upon first response. “Uquillious... I am very much grateful and thankful to you for how passionately you protected the children, and I really do appreciate the genuine consideration for their safety...” The goddess paused to peer at the kids, whom were now all conversing silently amongst themselves. She had been about to tell Uquillious that these sweet little angels, as well as every other Yakuza child, were her responsibility... That she wouldn’t feel right passing them off to another caretaker, even if just for a little while, as wonderful and kind as their apparent mother sounded. But, when Aphrodite looked at those kids, how, even though they all appeared to be in a better place, that she could still see traces of fear in their innocent little eyes... It made her start to reconsider.

Right now, and as much as Aphrodite hated to admit it, their home as it was wasn’t suitable for them. And, while Hale and his amazing team of health workers were doing all they could to get everyone taken care of, they’d also been working nonstop around the clock doing so, and deserved to rest. It pained her though to think of how the little ones wouldn’t be here, and it pained her even more to know that the decision to do so was the right one... Right? What would Dante say to this, what would he think? She probably should call just to make sure... No, no, he was away, inevitably handling something important; she needed to be able to make this decision herself. For the safety of the children, she...

“I...” Aphrodite paused, froze, more like it. This was the right choice, she knew it was; Quatheral seemed like an amazing person, and she would likely be able to heal the injured faster than Aphrodite could, but...

“AHOY!” A voice called, breaking Aphrodite from her trance. As she turned in the direction of it, what she laid eyes on was a quite bizarre looking individual, almost like a combination of different things. The closest and simplest thing she could describe them as, was a goblin. As they pointed right at her, Aphrodite was a little taken aback from the words it spoke. Safety in the cave? Creepy buzzing? Did they think that she was a civilian? In any case, she turned back to Uquillious first and gave her a nod.

“It seems like a great proposal, sweetie... I-I’ll consider it, promise.” She smiled, before going to meet the realm’s newest stranger. “Hello to you as well, stranger! My name is Aphrodite, I’m the duchess of our realm; it’s a pleasure to meet you.” Aphrodite greeted warmly. “Now, what were you saying about there being safety in this cave? Is the creepy buzzing you described a... Good thing?”

Ubel gazed silently into the icy eyes that Dea had. Even when she tapped her hardened fist into his chest, he never broke eye contact with her.

“You’re mistaken.” He finally said. “I have no desire to fight you, even though you did just wreck my home, and brutalize three of our students... I don’t want to fight you, nor do I want to kill you, either.”

The ninja shrugged with concede, “And you’re right, I don’t know you, and I won’t stand here and pretend like I do. That was out of line for me to say.”

Then, Ubel backed up a few feet from Dea, just to give himself some space. “But, I’d like to, if simply to understand where you’re coming from in all this. Or... You can leave. You can leave, and go back to Persephone to tell her that, ultimately, you failed.” Ubel stated plainly. Afterward, he dropped into a cross legged position on the ground, got into some more comfortable clothes, namely a black tank top and some red sweats, and summoned Lydia into his hands.

“The choice is all yours, miss.” He said as he began to strum away.

An amused groan came from Daeva upon her shape shifting friend attempting to wake her up. “Vergiiiiil, please, you’re embarrassing me in front of my-”

Her eyes suddenly snapped open, less from Fray’s smacking lips, and more from sensing five unique energy sources close by. Daeva raised her head up and looked around to regain her bearings. A slightly disappointed frown came when she quickly discovered that, no, her dream hadn’t manifested itself. But, that was soon replaced with curiosity from that strange voice shouting at them, and then happiness when she quickly recognized it. Sitting up, Daeva peered over Fray’s head to find Demmy staring up at them, alongside four others of whom she wasn’t familiar. “It’s alright, hun, I know the weird looking girl, she’s a friend. I don’t know about the others, but if she’s with them, then they must be cool too.” She assured to Fray, and scratched behind her ears.

Upon the one eyed demon’s playful taunt, Daeva gifted her a sly grin. “Well, this wouldn’t be the first place I’d pick for a vacation , but Tengri’s dumb machine didn’t really give us a choice, either.”

Once her and Fray landed, Daeva hopped off and went to greet Demmy, motioning the former to follow. “It’s good to see you again, Dem, you look... Great.” She mused before motioning towards Fray. “This is my friend and new partner-in-crime, Fray. Fray, this is another friend of mine, Demmy.”

Daeva peered around Demmy’s form to gaze at her own little band of colorful characters, offering them a wave and warm smile. “Hi, people I don’t know yet! I’m Princess Daeva, you can just call me Daeva if you want, or Peri, sometimes I go by blondie, even though... Wait, would that be stereotypical? You know what, Daeva’s fine.”

After a sparklingly charming grin, and a particular little wink towards the one who would soon be known as Alex, she refaced her demon ally. “So, how have things been going lately? Any updates on the war, where everyone else is, the Dragon balls? Catch me up to speed, this place has been a real dead zone as far as, well, everything.” She sighed, shaking her head. “I can’t even get a call out to the others here; whatever’s surrounding this realm, or that... ‘Ceiling’ thing above is blocking my telepathy.”

Dante, after dropping the façade, took to eavesdropping in on what the tiny ruler was saying, along with the woman he and Evron had battled, whom had now been revealed as Persephone's apparent advisor. Evron, on the other hand, was visibly disgusted by the tall woman's abhorrent lies. Who did that doormat think she was?! He pounded a fist against the barrier. Even as Alabaster left through the door, did Evron shout after her.

"What?! That's a damn boldfaced lie and you know it! We were kicking your long ass up and down that realm once we had your number, you two-timing-"

"Wait, Evron! Did you hear what they just said?" Dante stopped him.

Evron blinked at him, "No, what?"

"They can't hear us when we're inside this barrier, but," He motioned to Crigan, "Persephone wants Crigan to speak for us by reading our lips, but, they can't hear our thoughts, which means..." Dante tapped a finger on his noggin.

"Got it," Evron nodded, "we'll be on a private line while we're in here." He pushed against the barrier, "So, how are we planning on getting out of here?"

Dante shook his head whilst gazing around the room they were in. "Dunno, they mentioned that this barrier was impenetrable."

"Couldn't we just, I dunno, teleport out?"

"As easy as that would be, it'd likely be TOO easy; Persephone wouldn't be that stupid. If this stupid thing really is impregnable, then that means it's probably resistant to Ki as well." Dante sighed and pressed a foot up against it. "We'll probably just have to bunk up for a bit."

Evron grunted and crossed his arms. He'd figure a way out of there for them, and that included the death God. It would just have to be when the pipsqueak wasn’t looking. “We should at least try to get in contact with everyone else.” He finally replied.

Good call... Ubel, come in... Ubel, can you hear me? Daeva, you there? Aphrodite, babe? Jake? Yzazil? Owlzarus? Can anyone hear me?” Dante tried to reach out, hoping that someone, anyone would hear him... But nothing came of it.

Immanuel, you there? Mulek, I know you guys can hear me, right? Ubie, put down the guitar and come help stomp on Persephone’s shit! That goes for you too, Peri! Nyx?! Evo?! Anybody?!” Evron stamped his foot and looked frustratingly at Dante. “Any luck?”

None... Nothing but static. You?

Dead on my end, too. They must have a blocker of some kind surrounding not just this barrier, but the entire realm. The whole place must be one big dead zone.”

Evron sucked his teeth while he went back to thinking what their prison break would entail. Then, his eyes landed on Crigan, where he held them there. “What about Charon here, Em? Think we can still trust him?

Dante stared at the God of Death, also. That was a good question, though one that the Ninja Prime could answer pretty confidently. “He’s still our ally, and I couldn’t see him ever siding with Persephone under his own will. But, we also don’t know if Crigan’s mind is as bulletproof as ours; Either Persephone or her advisor could be using it to listen in and gain intel. So, for now, our communication with him will be zero. For now...” Dante narrowed his eyes at Crigan, before granting him a nod.

We’re on our own.”

#BotM

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Post by Corzak The Mighty »

Immanuel nodded in firm agreement. "Let's get moving then. The sooner we get our collections united, the better."

The god looked to Mulek, noting that she had begun to fly away. That was when he had begun to sense it... the same energy that had arrived in Niflheim as they sought the Dragonball. It seemed that the Cruel King of the Seas had found his rival.

"I believe Godzilla has found your ship," Immanuel stated. "Let us hope he comes on friendly terms..."
----
Seeing none had managed to notice his presence, Gigantis began to wander through the halls, still clutching his head. A splitting headache assailed his mind, leaving him woozy and disoriented. He had no clue where he was... the last thing he remembered was sleeping... a weird dream... then, showing up in this mess hall. He felt a strong compulsion in the back of head, ushering him deeper into the ship. Like a mindless zombie, Gigantis stumbled forward, eyes locked onto the nearest doorway, before he pushed it open.

Following behind each of Gigantis' footfalls, a trail of sickly black fluid dripped onto the floor, slowly eating away at the metal of the ship...
----
It did not take long for the shadowy mist to breach into the chamber Hercules held the Dragonballs. Thanks to its ethereal nature, barriers did not quite work as they would against the form of a physical being. The smoke swiftly coalesced inside of the secret chamber. forming itself into legs, then a torso, followed by arms, hands, and a head. In short order, Shayatin emerged from the swirl of eldritch mist in her full form, her gaze locked on the location of the dragonballs. Soon, they would belong to her and her master...
Before Nyx was able to form a coherent response to Lae's inquiry, overwhelmed by the deluge of information laid out before her by the fae, she was caught off-guard by Lilith's display on-screen. An armada of ships... coming straight for earth?!

"But... but how did they find this place so quickly?" Nyx inquired as she turned to Lilith, her expression shifting from one of steely resolve to panic. "You've only been here for less than a day!"

She watched as the eerie light washed over Dudael, engulfing the land of Sheol is a protective barricade to weather Tengri's coming storm. She cursed to herself at the thought of her one way out being lost... but at the same time, if Tengri's army had come, who was to say she would survive the journey to Earth down below? She sighed, before she spoke again. "Just get me Erebus back, and we'll figure it out from there."
----
Abaddon huffed, taking in both the angel's comments. "I have no fear for their defenses; the weapon lord Tengri has bequeathed my flagship with shall make short work of her barricade! But if her army is as as mighty as you imply, Minerva, then we shall need to deploy or forces much more strategically! forces, enter into for-"

Suddenly, a powerful energy signature was picked up on Abaddon's flagship's scanner, followed by the muffled explosion of one ship being destroyed by the unknown mass. "What was that? Evasive maneuvers!"
----
Alabaster would not find any recourse as she left to deal with her personal matters away from Persephone. As she moved, she found her mind greeted with an infernal hiss, an agitated grumble of a million billion departed souls. It seemed she had conjured the ire of an unseen and unpleasant visitor.

"An imposter, hidden in plain sight," the voice hissed; a rare disdain not seen before. "A mockery of my splendor, an inferior effigy to the sins of fools. Your rage against fate is as futile as theirs; and yet still you persist with mere illusions of control. Can you not see the fragility of your schemes? Or have you merely been blinded by the tempting brilliance of victory...?"
The battle in the Realm of the Ninja had begun to wind to a close. Yzazil, swift and nimble, maneuvered among the few remaining lindworms. Blade in hand, the God of Judgment dashed into the fray! The massive serpentine beasts lunged at the encroaching warrior, but their attacks fell upon one of ironclad resolve; the first of the lindworms attempted to bite down onto the lunging form of Yzazil and consume him whole, only to find the god's blade to slice deep through its jaws as he burst out the back of the beast's head, decapitating it internally!

The second of the lindworms was greeted with biting steel, as Yzazil's blade sliced across its belly! Blackened entrails spilled forth from its belly as it let out a cry of pain! The beast writhed about on the ground for a moment before Yzazil finished the beast off with a decapitating slash. The last of the lindworms, realizing the futility in its battle, attempted to retreat, but the God of Judgment would give it no recourse; channeling prana into his arms, Yzazil unleashed a blinding flash of sapphire energy that sliced across the Earth, before rapidly engulfing the lindworm, leaving naught but black smoke in its wake.

With a final breath, Yzazil allowed his prana reserves to rest, the glowing light of his aura weakening. He looked back, seeing Aphrodite and nichelle regrouping with the others. Channeling a bit more of his strength, Yzazil flew over to where the others were. He was visibly worse for wear.

"It seems that the Wyvern King has evaded destruction," Yzazil said, joining the others. "Shall we pursue it, or shall we focus on rebuilding?"

The figure smirked, before he vanished in a cloud of darkness...
----
The Monarch of Frost, detecting Xpveinees' movements towards Scaroth, attempted to slow her down, but found himself suddenly skewered through the shoulder blade and lifted off the ground! He looked up, body propelled forward, as he saw himself impaled upon the spear of Tengri, who sat astride upon his massive iron steed! As the Monarch of Frost prepared a blast of frigid cold, he felt a swell of heat radiate through the spear and into his body, burning him from the inside out! It was liek a microwave, the heat slowly cooking him and melting his innards! In addition to the heat, whatever fell magic Tengri's spear possessed blocked his control over the cold, preventing him from unleashing a counterattack!

With a huff of pain, the Monarch wrenched himself free from the spear, tearing a massive, flaky black hole across his shoulderblade in the process as he rolled across the ground. Tengri took a wide turn upon his steed, preparing to unleash another charge, before many Mal'akh moved to try and intercept the charge! Their efforts proved futile, however, as Tengri unleashed a pulse of destructive space-time, causing the Mal'akh to be catapulted in random directions and frozen temporally mid-flight!

"You will not escape me so easily, traitor!" Tengri growled with sadistic glee, as he rushed towards the wounded ice warrior...
----
"AAAAAAAGH!"

Scaroth staggered back in unfathomable pain as Xpveinees snapped his arm at the elbow, twisting it the wrong way! Though no blood spilled from the wound, the pain was nevertheless excruciating; the agony split Scaroth's concentration, causing him to haphazrdly drop his massive weapon in an audible clatter to the sandstone floor below. He collapsed onto his back, paralyzed with the immense pain that wracked his body. He looked up at the form of Xpveinees and O'nugulao, attempting to crawl away from them.

"G-guards! Protect me!" Scaroth shouted pathetically, as a trio of heavily armored Mal'akh emerged from the tattered remnants of his guard, using their immense bulk to block the two quatheral's approach, pikes extended to keep them at bay...
----
The being's eyes turned upwards at Mitsif's acceptance. Whatever the thing was, it seemed to be quite pleased by this turn of events. Mitsif suddenly felt a swell of power within her - almost as if something that had tethered her, held her back, kept her restrained, had been lifted. What abilities that had been weakened by her distance from Quatheral felt returned to their fullest potential.

"Most excellent. Your future as your own master has been set..." The darkness around Mitsif slowly began to retract. "No longer shall you be bound by the will of your creator. No more shall fate's grasp dictate your path. Freedom shall be your highest calling, adventure and pleasure your greatest boons. No obstacle shall hinder your ambitions, no rules your revelries. I have but one request... one law you must abide. When the final din occurs, you shall flock to my side."

As quickly as the voice had arrived, it vanished, leaving Mitsif alone within Tengri's flagship...

"You seek an opportunity to be the hero... to finally surpass your brother, do you not? To finally leave Dante's shadow, and become something... greater than he." The voice cooed to the ninja. "Now is your chance. Seize this opportunity, and the glory shall be yours... you need only ask..."

As the twin Quatheral spirits and the Antiquarian stepped into the shimmering orange rift conjured by Owlzarus, they found themselves adrift in an ominous place - a region beyond space, beyond time. Where matter and reality as they knew did not exist, could not exist, and perhaps even had never existed. The darkness was crushing; what at first seemed merely like the shadow of a cave's mouth soon became an omnipresent void, consumptive and blinding. A biting cold gripped their very beings, even within the temporally displaced forms created by Owlzarus, as if the Timestream Abyss itself rejected their existence. No sound rung through the cavernous void that surrounded them; the movements of their body, the sounds of their breath, seemingly even the thoughts in their head seemed to have been snuffed by this nightmarish domain.

Every movement was slow and staggered for the trio, as if moving through jelly; even something as simple as closing one's hand was strenuous and laborious. Sense of self, sense of time, sense of place all degradedwith each passing moment here. It was as if a prolonged sense of vertigo had washed over the trio, disorienting them.

"We must move through here quickly," Owlzarus said to Boore and Booled, "lest our temporal duplicates fade before we reach our destination. Seek out impressions of Jake's being; his personality, his traits, anything. That will guide us to where he has become adrift."
Last edited by Corzak The Mighty on Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread
Clash of Gods (Shin Gojira vs Legendary Godzilla story, completed)

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

Goku watched, almost stunned as the creature formed. Going by Tyralus's statement, it would seem that he had made a dire mistake. Guilt dawned upon the Saiyan. Then, excitement. The situation was serious but up to this point he had found himself disappointed with the larger multiverse. Now, he was looking face to face with something not even Beerus could have thought about. He was going where no Saiyan had to his knowledge gone before. Fighting this demon would be just the right thrill. The dragon was a poor substitute for Vegeta, but he would do.

Lost in time, lost in space. It was big talk from Goetia and something he had heard before but with the demon's ravenous shadow cast over him, it was easy for Jake to summon old knowledge: never underestimate an opponent. That was how you got slapped around at best. It was a strange feeling that the girl, Dana, came to mind at this moment. She had lost a fight in a way that was disastrous, he could tell. He saw it in her eyes and Goku's too.

"Son Goku! Don't you dare screw around!"

Both warriors moved at once, furious azure and golden auras setting a glow to the wider area.

Jake swerved toward the back. Goetia said something about its eyes consuming him. He would need to take it as a hint. There was little time for him to wrestle with his chains.

"Don't embarrass me."

Jake set forth a blast aimed straight to the back of Goetia's necks, one which dwarfed the body from which it shot forth.

Goku on the other hand charged head-on. He raced toward Goetia's head, hoping to land a blow.

"You'll soon be on your own."

What was that supposed to mean? It definitely wasn't leaving him. He hadn't seen it absorb power from within him before... that meant only one thing.

Goku wasn't using his full power.
Hercules had to mask his alarm at the news. Surely, if Godzilla were approaching then the monitors would have notified him? Perhaps the gods' range of detection was greater than those of his Majin compatriots? He had to go with that. If it weren't the case... that would mean that Godzilla had picked at least some of them off.

"I'll send an ambassador down to meet him. Surely The Other has reasoned well with the Behemoth."

He shot a look to Izzzain. The spectral pirate looked slightly alarmed. Now? But they were supposed to be supercharged by Hercules. Surely there wasn't a way to make the plan work now! Wait... there was another creature. Conveniently on the way to Saint Kabuto. A creature with the electricity to brighten three supermassive black holes.
_______
"When you feel like you do not want something to happen, there are a few ways to describe that: worry and fear," Saint Kabuto said.

The lizard creature studied the monster as he spoke. She supposed he had given sufficient rundown for her to understand what he was saying. These concepts as they were being explained seemed abstract to her. She shook her head. That was supposed to mean "no", which meant she wasn't interested, hadn't done something, didn't want something or generally disliked what was proposed.

"Not into that talk, huh?" the insectoid said. His train of thought was thoroughly interrupted. "How about this? Names. That's what you heard me complain about. Do you want to be called something like the thing who did this to me?"

He used his smaller pair of arms to gesture to the various healed gashes across his body.

She supposed not. Cutting herself that way had hurt. Kabuto didn't hurt her.

"How about something like mine?"

Yes.

"Our captain Hercules names most of his Hy-Beasts like me and you after some form of royalty or related, or statuses related to the divine, followed by a word related to what we are. For example, I resemble a beetle so I am Kabuto and I am titled a Saint due to the shape of my horn. Here's some things I think describe you..."

He drew symbols on the floor with his large pointed forelimbs, much to the protests of their small friends.

"There's a couple titles not used yet: cardinal, madame, princess, sister... and as for what you are. Taifu meaning typhoon, tokage meaning lizard—"

Then, in a flash of light, Kabuto vanished before her eyes. She jolted violently in surprise, causing the entirety of the monolithic ship to sway violently. The vibrations traveled through the ships chambers, causing a violent tremor.
_________
Izzzain was on their way to the chamber holding the new Hydra when the Pegasus's Tavern shook. They were thrown against the wall and staggered back into balance. Damn it. They didn't know the other big lizard would react that way.

A loud metal clang emanated from down the hall and the pirate rushed toward it. It was that strange metal man. "I just saw a black mist enter the chambers," Nonce said. "I think it's living."

"What a mess." Izzzain said. They hurried toward the collection, opening the door.

Immediately, Izzzain was struck with a tremendous surge of electricity. The same that was now overtaking Shayatin. Nonce smiled. Booby traps, all designed for whatever foreigner entered the chamber. Second she coalesced, the fallen Yakuza was toast. But something happened...

All the electricity was absorbed into the strange flame pirate. Izzzain addressed Shayatin, "How does a little dimension of your own sound---"

A sharp kick to the pirate's back sent them careening through miles of reinforced metal before breeching the side. There, they continued until gravity pulled them into the sea for an explosion of water and rock.

Nonce glowered seriously at Shayatin, wrist blades deploying. "Fancy seeing you here."
_________
Hercules kept his balance as the ship tipped around, aiding his companions while they were on their way. "I must apologize for that. This ship harbors some... powerful individuals. They sometimes get a wee bit pissy."

A storm was blackening the sky outside, sending surges of lightning. It was the best he could do cooped up in here without destroying this planet.

The darkening light and pounding rain glistened along the spines jutting from the water. Like a group of sharks, Godzilla encircled the ship growing closer and closer. Large seaborne beasts parted as the giant moved toward them, his mere presence unlocking a fear not latent in apex predators. Schools of translucent creatures found themselves like many shards of stained glass, parting and swirling.

He moved with a certain grace under the water. Despite his vast strength, the locals could dare to draw near and be not pulverized. To the animals with a higher level of cognition, he was a curious sight. Something alien, larger than anything they had seen. It appeared from nowhere. A phantom. A reaper.

There was something else that the creatures found strange. Starting from the caverns below an island, tendrils of a certain texture had spread across the sea floor. They hurt nothing, moving with the same ghostly grace which was being displayed by the savage king. From them, small green and golden sparkles had spawned. To Godzilla, he couldn't see these as unusual.
To the sea creatures, they were a delicacy. In the span of less than an hour, just about everything had ingested some. What this nourishment was still seemed as alien as Godzilla himself.

Once Godzilla's spines breached the surface again, he was far closer to the ship. But before he could do anything, he spotted a visitor. The bug had returned for another meeting. It would be their last.
________
The goblin pirate felt no other choice but to go into detail. It was a little exhausting having to explain it over and over, but what can you do when you're an extraterrestrial force coming to help evacuate out of the blue. "We're pirates but don't freak out. We and that wisdom god The Other allied ourselves with Ubel and the other guy when we went to a dimension and collected a Dragon Ball. We were on our way to a meeting with our captain Hercules to formalize the arrangement. Then you got attacked and my friend made an ultrasonic buzzing so you civvies can evacuate to the big hole we made."

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Alex, whose cheeks had flushed with color upon the arrival of Daeva- especially when the ninja had shot him a cheeky wink- spoke up with a cough. His voice was at first thick with embarrassment, but grew stronger as he carried on. It was not often he got to share the curiosities about Noraage with someone who who did not take them for granted.

"O- Oh, that's... w- well, it actually is a ceiling. Noraage isn't a planet like most people think of one. It is spherical, but that's just a... a shell. The actual, livable landmass is flat. W- Well, it's a very compressed rectangle, technically. The sky isn't a sky, it's the inside of the shell. The 'stars' are ore deposits that glow, the 'sun' is... w- well, I'm not sure, but it glows and gives off heat, so I think it might be a mass of molten metal."

The scrawny young man pointed in the direction of the sea. "If you sail or row or... s-swim, I guess, far enough that way, you can actually fall off. There's a second sea underneath, though I don't think it's made of real water. The sun submerges into it at night but doesn't cool it down. The edges are closest to the sun, so Noraage's 'south' actually circles... u- uh, or squares... the whole place. The 'north' is the center, where the sun is farthest away."

He looked sheepishly back at the others. "I, uh... don't know how the water that falls off replenishes itself. I've tried to find out, but it can get a little... lethal out there."

Gull, meanwhile, was examining Fray, who had changed back into her bipedal, dog-headed form. The varul cocked her head curiously at the shape-changer. She looked somewhat similar to herself and her kin, but the only shapeshifters she knew of were the drekar and their children, who resembled dragons or birds, not wolves. She must be a visitor from another world like Alex and the others.

The dark-furred beast stared back, equally inquisitive. Fray had never met a creature who naturally resembled herself so much. At least, not in retrievable memory. In her past, the one she shared with Bug, there were many she simply shredded apart before registering. She hoped this was truly the first time and that she had not met such beings before and torn them asunder. Slowly, she raised a hand in greeting to Gull.

"H... Hello," Fray huffed out, as if with great effort.

Gull, ears twitching with surprise, only offered back a nod. Her pink eyes shifted shyly to and from the benevolent devil. She was an odd existence, Gull decided.

"By the way," Alex told Risel as he gently laid a hand on her arm. "Do you... did you want to keep that name? They one they gave to you. I'd understand if you didn't."

Lydia fell silent with a warbling whine. Dea had laid her foot across her strings, cutting her notes short.

"Really, dude?" the superhuman asked with a raised eyebrow. "You look like a college dropout who still lurks around campus trying to get laid. Are you trying to sway me to your side or into your bed? 'Cause if it's the latter, you can just ask, you don't gotta bother with all the foreplay with me."

Freeing Lydia from beneath her foot, Dea crossed her arms above her head, turned around, and began leisurely strolling away. She put a bit of extra sway into her hips so Ubel cold enjoy the sight if he chose to. "If it's not, well... then I think we're done here, Big Guy. I'm so over spilling my life story to you people. I tried it, it doesn't work. You're at least right about one thing: I do have to break the news to Persy. That's gonna sting. Despite everything, I still pride myself on doing good work, you know? Ponyboy asked me to distract Dante way back when, I did, and no one cared. Makes you wonder why you should even try, you know? Least Persy notices when you do a good job. That makes this suck even more. Still, I promised her I'd always be honest. I don't do the whole friend thing anymore, but... we have an understanding, so I'll own up no matter what you wanna offer me."

Dea looked over her should at Ubel. Her usually mirthful eyes were serious. "So offer away, Big Guy. This is you last chance."

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Demmy's head slowly tilted to the side as she listened to Alex's description of Norrage. By the time he finished, her head was nearly at a ninety degree angle with the rest of her body. "That... This is a weird freaking planet. Huh... And I was told it was just all built on fossils and stuff. If I ever find that scientist who told us of this world, I'll have to correct him on the nature of this place, because that is unlike anything I've ever experienced."

Her head snapped back to a vertical position, and she brought a hand out from behind her. An orange sphere lay rested within it. "Yes, we found the Dragon Ball, Daeva. Some fatso was literally sitting on it, but got it. There is just one problem... Molly and Crigan got separated from us, Molly was kidnapped by a shadowy Ninja who looked sort of like you, and Crigan was busy fighting the God of Suffering when he ordered me to take his wife here and get out of dodge. I know Molly's fine but... I can't say the same for him. He was running on fum-"

"Crigan will be fine." Mara spoke out.She placed a hand over her chest and stared at the demon in the eyes. "No matter what happens, he'll make it out alive. He survived being tortured by Persephone for five hundred years, and he survived the people who worshiped him turning on him and hunting him down. Whatever Aram and Persephone have planned, he'll make it out alive. I have faith in that."

Demmy sighed. "I'm glad he has someone with so much faith in him as his beloved. Still, faith without action won't get us anywhere. It won't save Molly, and it won't save Crigan if Persephone has him."

RIsel, in the meantime, stared at Alex with a confused, uncertain expression. Her clawed hands reached up to her face as her eyes darted left and right, up and down. "I-I ne-never thought about that. I only know of m-myself as Risel. I ca-cannot think of another name for myself. And... it's better than be-being called t-t-t-trash."

Mulek didn't back down as the dorsal plates of the sea reptile cut through the water's surface. Her eyes remained focused only on what was approaching, and her expression was steadfast despite the worry that weighed down upon her. She had only one shot at this, and she needed to make it count.

"Godzilla..." Mulek's voice echoed down from her elevated position to the sea reptile below. " You're here to settle the score with Hercules, are you not? Grudges are a powerful force, especially those that spiral into heated rivalries. That is a feeling I know all too well. But I also know when to set aside old scores and focus on the bigger picture. Right now, the forces of Tengri and Persephone seek to either control all of existence or wipe it out, including you."

She gripped her infernal scythe with her one hand. " Tell me, is dealing with Hercules that much of a priority to you, over stopping forces that will wipe everything out? Over ensuring life even exists in the multiverse? You have felt the power of the Machine of Unmaking for yourself, you know what Tengri's machine can do. Tell me, is putting Hercules in his place that much more important than stopping it? Or... are you uncertain enough against Tengri's machinations and Persephone's divine taken powers that this is the last thing you wish to do before you face certain extinction?"

------------

Within the ship, Karzahni's nose twitched. He smelled Godzilla, an overwhelming stench of power unlike most of what Karzahni had ever seen. This... This was what Hercules desired to end? And he thought he had the power to do so? Ludicrous! Unless what Hercules had was truly an ace up his sleeve, not even the whole of the Death Knight Corps could hope to stand against such a being! And to think Mulek, the fake angel, was facing down such a threat by herself...

But there was another stench he smelled. Something much more alien, much more unnatural that Godzilla... yet, also Ninja. Karzahni's eyes narrowed. "It seems we have an unexpected guest... Ninja but like a rotting corpse." He muttered to Hercules.

"Who... who was that?" Molly asked. "He... didn't seem like one of Tengri's men."

"Perceptive..." Ananke mused as she walked Molly back into her living quarters. "But nothing you should worry about. Even if what is going on is mutiny from the sounds of it, Tengri is not someone to be taken lightly. He did clash against the Ninjas over your world for some time, and he's only become stronger since then. Trust me when I say, Tengri will bring back your world, and the people closest to you that you've lost, like your mother, and Doris."

A thought came to Molly's mind, an alarm bell that sounded. " You mentioned Doris... H-how do you-"

She found herself put into a seat, and Ananke began to walk off. "Like I've mentioned, Tengri knows many things, and I am privy to many of those myself. Now, please wait there while I attend to a few personal matters. When I return, we'll see if the commotion where Tengri is has ended, Lifemother..."

The spider walked into a side room, and Molly was left alone in Ananke's living quarters. She looked around, and saw the numerous flowers that had sprout from the walls and ceiling. Something about those felt off, something wrong but... what didn't in this place? And... how did she know of Doris?

As she looked around, her eyes set upon a mirror at the far end of the room. She kept looking past, but then snapped her head back to the mirror. There was... something off about her reflection. She stood, and began to walk through, past the brown fungi that carpeted the ground and the silk that dangled from the ceiling. She stopped in front of the mirror and stared at her reflection.

Or, she assumed it was her reflection, because the woman she saw only resembled her in the general sense. She had blonde hair and blue eyes, and wore the same black dress that Ananke wore, but that was where it ended, as the woman in the mirror was a full two heads taller than Molly, and her blonde hair billowed out past her knees. She also looked more mature than Molly did, as someone in their mid to late twenties. The dress that was otherwise a perfect fit on Molly was too small on the woman in the mirror, and exposed a good bit of skin that made Molly feel nervous about herself. She reached down to pull at the back of her dress, and the woman in the mirror did as well. She stopped, and raised a hand up to the mirror. The woman did so likewise.

Molly sighed, as did the woman in the mirror. It was a trick, an illusion or some other form of magic. Nothing she should be concerned abou-

"Do not trust her, or Tengri."

Molly stared at the woman. "Y-you... That voice..." She recognized that voice, the voice that was like her own but smoother and deeper. She had heard it before... "B-back on Harvest Moon-"

"Yes." The woman said, even though she took a step back when Molly did so out of shock. " And when you arrived on Noraage. My emotions flowed through you. You felt my anger toward Zeye. You heard my plea to save Doris. You can say... I am you, yet also not. Or rather, I am what you once were."

"W-who are you?!" Molly stammered. Her head shook. "N-no, I'm not anyone special! I'm not! I'm just an ordinary girl, trying to make her way in the world! I'm not anyone unique or special! I just... I live a normal life!"

"A normal life, where gods and demons alike flock to you?" The woman in the mirror asked. "Have you not found that odd? That you are a magnet for so many things? That you possess an innate ability to sway the hearts of even the most hardened tyrants with your voice and face? You may have tried to live a normal life, but you are not normal, Molly. You are a reincarnation of me, for I am the Lifemother, the one that Doris worships..."

Nichelle gritted her teeth. "It's my fault. I should have kept a closer eye on Heather, to make sure she wouldn't try to pull something like this. I knew she was a petty bitch, but to sink this far because of her damn ego..." She turned to Tenkarus. " You say you know everything about Persephone? Then do you know anything about Tengri as well?"

Tenkarus shook her head. " Never heard of anyone by the name of Tengri before I got roped along by Yzazil. And speaking of which..."

Nichelle turned to face Yzazil. "I can give chase. If that dragon did indeed flee back to where Persephone was, then I can only assume Heather is there as well. Some can stay here to rebuild, but... I have a score to settle."

"J-just make sure you stay safe, Nichelle!" Delilah's voice called from a far off distance. The half centipede had found herself launched into a tree from Dea's earlier attack, and had only just recovered...

Chang'e froze mid-step as Raspaganje's voice echoed around her mind. Veins began to bubble and swell across her face, and her eyes narrowed into slits. Unacceptable! UNACCEPTABLE! She had tried so hard to lay low, to not draw attention to herself from those who she deemed the most likely to ruin her operations. How, how had this fiend, the same one she had seen in Cercil's memories, tracked her down? At the moment, she had nearly stepped into a rift that would have taken her outside of the Palace of Shadows, but now she stood there, one foot through, and the very air around her staled and lifeless.

Yet, her face calmed, and she swatted her hands across her skeletal dress. " You talk a big game, for someone who hasn't made any true actions themselves." Chang'e said. "You are the one who attacked the archangel and the ninja in Makai, aren't you? You hold great power, and the ability to see through timelines, and yet... if you are so incensed with my presence, can you not strike me down yourself, here and now? Or is taunting all you can do?"

She smirked. "A kingdom does not need two suns, nor a play need two playwrites. A stage has no need for two different divas, and the multiverse no need for two who plan to mold it in separate ways. I assume all of your chips are placed upon Tengri and his big energy weapon, but will that truly bring you victory? I wonder... And were I you, I'd keep a closer eye on that prized win condition of yours, least he tilt off the face of the cosmos."

-------------------------

"My best guess is, when Persephone and Tengri were briefly aligned in the period following Sutekh's demise, Tengri made sure to keep tabs on where Persephone was, for when he would inevitably betray her." Lilith bit her lower lip. "But while I am worried, it's not about whatever Tengri can do..."

She turned to face Nyx. "I have no reason to trust you, nor you to trust me, but... I am concerned for Lord Persephone. When she came back from Omega City, something was... off about her. Assassins attacked her and... something else took over her. I saw it with my own eyes, a feral presence within her. A demon that lives within her skin, otherwise barely kept beneath the surface. I... I'm worried about her, that the reason she and I are plagued by thoughts that aren't ours, by her unusual behavior, is because of whatever she has inside of her."

"It's not what's in her, but who's around her." Lae said. Aseya nodded. "That advisor of hers, she's the one pulling the strings on everything, Lilith. She's the one who is behind Persephone being as she is now. And likely, she's responsible for what is in her. It is Alabaster who is playing everyone in the Palace as a puppet."

Lilith went silent. She stared at Lae, then at Aseya, and finally at Nyx. Nyx felt a tingle in her mind, as the Satori tried to focus her mind reading. That was when Aseya, with her free hand, pulled out the camera and began to play the footage. Lilith watched, and as the events that transpired in the Realm of the Gods played out, the color on the Satori's face paled.

In the closet, Belfrit could hear everything that transpired outside. She reached up and tapped her earpiece...

--------------

Crigan gave a nod to the Ninja duo. Even if they hadn't spoken vocally about what was happening, he had a feeling he knew they wouldn't speak so easily. He turned to Persephone, and to his surprise, the words he wanted to speak finally came out.

"They will not say anything."

Persephone crossed her arms. "So, not only can I not read your mind, but I also cannot know what those two are doing... Sometimes, I really have to wonder just what is going on around here. Crigan, there is no reason to be so difficult with me. Convince those two to speak, and we can work something out. They will pay and die for what they have done, but it is something those who lost their lives to their callousness deserve. The universe cannot be safe with the Ninjas running around doing whatever they can..."

The door opened, and Persephone turned to see who it was.. and she found herself at a loss for words, if only for a moment. It was Minos's head, which dragged itself across the ground by the tendrils that stuck out from the bottom of the head. The tendrils anchored themselves upon the arm rest of the throne, and Minos's head pulled itself up to where Persephone was.

"M... Minos!" Persephone's voice began to waver. She reached for the head and gently caressed it, and the tendrils reached up and caressed her in return. " The intruder... They did this to you? They were... too much for you? Please tell me you killed them. Please tell me you succeeded."

The head shook from side to side. Persephone's irises shrunk as she rose from her seat.

"It's okay Minos, it's alright. You did your best, you tried and I can tell from your mind you crippled her. You did your best, and... that's wha... what cou..." Persephone looked away. Her body shuddered as her fists clenched. "A stasis pod is right down the hall. Get yourself in there, and I'll bring you a new body to use when I can."

The head nodded, and lifted off the armrest. It hovered in the air, and Minos's eyes stared down at the Ninjas and Crigan with contempt, before it floated out of the throne room...

The blast struck hard into one of Goetia's side heads. The head howled as it was sent reeling back from the blast, while Goetia's main head ducked low as Goku flew in for a blow, then snapped up as the Saiyan flew overhead. Jagged fangs encircled the Saiyan, and one stabbed through his right arm. Goetia chuckled as she hurled her head back then snapped it forward, which threw the Saiyan down to the ground like a coughed up hairball.

The other three side heads all lunged for Jake as the fourth was blasted. The dragon found himself get battered by each of the heads as they swung him around, each one slapping him into the other, only for the fourth head, charred and covered in burns, to spike him down to the ground, right next to Goku.

"I offered you the easy way out, yet you chose to suffer. NOW DIE." Goetia bellowed as her tail rose up into the air, then slammed down toward both Saiyans, to crush them into paste...

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

[Border]"OH! WELL HELLO THERE LITTLE CREATURE1 MY NAME IS EVOEX AND I'M GLAD TO SEE THAT YOU'RE OKAY!"[/Border]

Fiotto nervously looked at the new arrival then back at Aphrodite. "E-Errm. I mean absolute no offense to you, but... Can we even really trust you right now? We did just get attacked her twice in a row. I would really like to avoid a third instance, Aphrodite. Especially when this one doesn't even seem to know you. Coming to a cave with a strange noise seems like an obvious. Again I mean no offense Mr..?"

Cider looked on as the battle was unfolding. Xpveinees seemed to be injured pretty badly, but at least she had O'nugulao with him. She looked on over to where Tenrgi was chasing one of the traitors! She dragged her foot against the rough sandstone, and began to quickly hop towards the Monarch of Frost. In a matter of a few seconds, Cider was already on top of them! With a few precise hops, she slashed her hands against their face!
----------------------------------------------

Xpveinees's breathing was shallow and ragged. She still didn't feel like was her normal self. She knew she had been injured badly. She just stared at the wound she caused against Scaroth with an unapologetic eyes. The shouting of the guards awoke her from that state, and she quickly grabbed the fallen weapon that Scaroth had dropped. O'nugulao casted a shield around the two.

Xpveinees nodded at O'nugulao. "Спасибо." Once the barrier broke, Xpveinees charged towards the remaining guards, not caring if she got stabbed anymore. She was going on instinct and hatred at this point, and nothing was going to stop her! After a few stabs into her body, she began bashing in their heads with the weapon she had retrieved. She held one of her open wounds with her left hand, but still continued to trudge forwards to Scaroth.

As she approached the still crawling form of Scaroth, she pinned down the traitor using his own weapon, piercing through his own leg and the ground! She stomped on Scaroth's neck with her arachnid foot, keeping it firmly placed. "Зачем мне жалеть такое насекомое, как ты?"
--------------------------------------

Mitsif would have sighed a breath of relief is she had a mouth or nostrils. Thank Quatheral that creep was finally gone. Though, she guess he was alright. She did feel a bit like her old self. She placed a hand within her chest, soon pulling out a paint bucket, filled with pink paint! She glanced around the hallways, another scheme forming in her mind. Perhaps this being also met this Tengri and constructed a deal. Well, if they made the same deal, it only made sense that they would share the ship! And why not make it look less gaudy? It really did stink too.

Pulling the lid off the paint can, she began to continue her work of vandalism.

Booled looked cautiously around the area around them all. This certainly the place. This place felt cold, but also not. This place felt like a contradiction, and that the trio should turn back now. But the three continued to stay. The most most strange thing was the lack of sound. It was like they were deaf. Owlzarus was right. Best to get and get out as fast as possible. Who knows what the consequences would be if they stay here too long?

"Alrighty!! So we gotta save Jakey!" Boore looked started to look around, but was obviously clueless and didn't have any idea where to even start.

Booled continued to remain calm however. He lowered his head, thinking carefully. He started to hear many voices, trying to focus in on the many conversations. He then found it he believed. Jake's voice was picked out. Booled raised his head, looking at nothing in particular. Seconds later however, a tear started to form in front of Booled. The frowning masked faced Quatheral looked over to Owlzarus.

"I believe I found a way. I hope at least."
Last edited by MinorBone Good on Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.