Battle of the Multiverse

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
HayesAJones
Keizer

Re: Battle of the Multiverse

Postby HayesAJones » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:53 pm

Dea shrugged as she kicked off her ruined trousers. "Eh. Mankind isn't all that great. Good spin though. The liberator queen, here to save you from the wrongful old ruler! Just don't mind me using the same throne and taking the same taxes to fix damage I did. Idiots eat that sort of stuff right up. And mankind is pretty much one collective idiot. Make it much more complex than, 'Me good, they bad" and they get confused and angry."

"Anyway, if you're so big on friends, why partner with Sutekh?" the demigod asked as she began shimmying the maroon jogging pants up her muscular legs. The fit was a bit tight, but it was a nice change of pace from the baggy trousers she had worn in the wastelands. "You know he's an asshole, right? He's definitely not your friend."

The dark-haired woman paused. "I sound like Blondie now, don't I? Whatever, you probably have your reasons."

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Giratina93 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:33 pm

"You're definitely smarter than you look." Persephone said. She threw her left leg over her right. "That is how the world works. Resources are finite, and sometimes I must use methods I'm not too happy with to get the results I want, and those are peace and stability. I have advisors too used to more dictatorial methods, but they are not here currently. You could say I like saving humanity from itself, and from higher powers that claim to know better, but only seek power for themselves."

She paused. "As for why I am allied with Sutekh, we both share similar goals, but also it is beneficial for me. I am well versed in dealing with 'assholes' and vipers. I like keeping them close, so I know I am not slacking or presenting them with a weakness for them to exploit. And also, they're great for keeping the lesser fiends at bay of all kinds."

She unswung her legs and stood up. "Feel free to call my palace home for a while. I'll let my Elite Guards know you are welcome here any time so long as you behave. Five stories, 72 rooms, 30,000 square meters of space, all for you to explore. There's even several guest rooms, one is already taken, the one two doors down and to the left, but the others a floor down are all open. You can even have room service, and drinks are on the house, if I can find Karzahni's old stash of liquor and carbonated beverages. I just want to make sure you have a place to call home that isn't a glorified fraternity party like I assume Sutekh's place is."

With Ubel gone, the girls looked at each other. "Doris... WIll we-"

Doris laid a hand on Nichelle's shoulder. Only now did she realize the girl had returned back to her original height and appearance. "Yes. Me trust, please. Way finds life always, trust."

She let go, and notioned for Nichelle to change. Nichelle stripped her clothes off, and went into the showers to bath. She reeked of body odor and ash, and a shower was much needed.

Once the door to the showers was closed, Doris looked around. She closed her eyes, and imagined. She imagined it was Molly bathing in the showers, or perhaps some hot springs if there were any there. Molly's perfect frame soaking in the baths, a perfect site to behold.

Yet, for some reason, she also envisioned Dante, or a ninja who looked suspiciously like Dante, watching from afar. His frame was veiled behind the steam, yet his face seemed... darker, more sinister than the Ninja she knew. He was leaning behind a pillar in the baths, arms crossed and an eye cast upon the bathing girl.

Doris shook her head. Her imagination... Was she letting her suspicion of the Ninja's ilk get the better of her? She was just tired, delirious perhaps. There was no way Molly could be here. If she was...

If she was... she would know.
You dare try to challenge me? Then we shall see how you fare against a true Archangel!

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Godzilla165
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Godzilla165 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:55 pm

Ubel hovered silently over the stove whilst he boiled a pot of water. He had six tea pouches sitting on the counter next to him, and about three torn ones in the trash. He tried to make this tea as best as he could, but Ubel's mind kept getting distracted by a consistent, pestering thought. Holding out a hand, Ubel produced a framed picture of both he and Molly during his last visit to her Earth. He'd gotten a kind bystander to take it for them, just so Ubel would have something physical to look at in case he didn't return for awhile.

He could only produce a soft smile as he looked over the photo; it was a goofy picture, as Molly had since taught Ubel what bunny ears were, and he was for sure going to use them. Plus, the style of clothing was painfully 80's, but... They did look happy. Two beings from completely different sides of the multiverse, yet somehow managed to become friends that could rely on one another for anything. That smile, that infamous Molly smile, Ubel remembered it like it was yesterday. He chuckled quietly, before trailing off into a melancholic sigh.

"Where are you, Molly?" He asked the photo, "Well, it doesn't matter, because wherever you are, I'm gonna find you... I'm gonna find you and bring you back to your friends, I promise."

Evron's face suddenly appeared over Ubel's shoulder, "What are you making?" He whispered, causing the larger ninja to nearly jump out of his skin.

"Huh, wha?! Ubel babbled in surprise.

"I said, what are you making? And who were you talking to?"

"Oh, uhhh, no one." Ubel feverishly responded before quickly dispersing the picture in his hand.

Evron raised an eyebrow and snorted, "Okay, weirdo, and what is that, tea?"

Ubel glanced at the counter, "Yeah, yeah, I was making some for Korraz and everyone else, or trying to at least." He said as he nearly ripped another packet in half.

"Alright, move over, no thumbs, I'll handle this." Evron replied, brushing Ubel out of the way. "I'll brew up some stew as well while I'm at it."

With a tired sigh, Ubel found a seat atop of another counter behind Evron, produced Lydia, his acoustic guitar, and started strumming on it. "How's Em doing?" He inquired.

Evron gave a single nod whilst fishing out some supplies for the stew from the fridge. "All of the tests came back negative, and he's stable. Hale said that he should be good to go early tomorrow."

"Thank Yakuza. I should really go check in on him before the night is over."

"Go, I should have everything pretty much done by the time you're back." Evron remarked.

Ubel hopped down from the high counter top and headed for the exit, passing Daeva as she headed in. They wordlessly elbowed one another in the side, before Ubel, with his guitar in hand, went to see Dante. Daeva made her way into the kitchen and peered over Evron's shoulder.

"What are you making?" She asked, now wearing a navy blue sports bra and some black leggings.

"Beef stew, none of us have eaten anything today, so I figured I'd whip something up." Evron responded.

"Awww," Daeva pinched his cheek, granting her an annoyed look, "you do have a heart in there after all!"

"Oh, shut it."

Snickering, Daeva leaped onto the counter beside Evron, crossing her legs tightly underneath her. The latter glanced over and scoffed.

"Didn't realize I was adding your bare feet to the pot, too." He grumbled.

Daeva rolled her eyes, "Ruby red, my feet are probably cleaner than this counter, and that's saying something. But..." She trailed off, now sitting down in at a nearby table, "I can take a hint, don't worry. I'll just sit here and wait for our guests to arrive."

Evron smirked, "Anyways, what the hell are we gonna do about Suketh and his little groupies?"

Daeva opened her eyes as they stared up at the vast, stainless steel ceiling. "I dunno, Owlzarus was right: At this rate, we stand a chance beating Suketh on our own, or even with the allies we have. We need more."

"Mhm, I'll come up with a full proof strategy tomorrow. When Dante gets his strength back, we'll start looking; that arrogant, bastard Osirian should've never showed his face." Evron hissed and used a knife to slice a large chunk of meat clean in half.

"We'll be ready for him next time, bro. In the meantime, hurry up with that stew, I'm starving!" Daeva said.
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

#BotM

Corzak The Mighty
Futurian

Postby Corzak The Mighty » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:19 am

Nyx shrugged. "Yeah, sure. Earth's had a lot of invasions in its days. And, well, some of them are less normal than others. We've had some monsters come from outer space, some from weird portals. I have experience dealing with all of them. I've fought some of them face to face, seen the abilities they have. We've even developed weapons that help to kill them even faster, turning their own powers against themselves."

"I see," Immanuel admitted, scratching the base of his helmet. "Very impressive, Nyx."

"thanks. I'd've preferred to not know how to deal with things like that... but I guess for once 'slaying evil space monsters' is a useful part of my resume, eh?"

He gave Sutekh a courteous bow. "I will not be such a useless tool for you. I shall take my leave, and collect what I seek on my homeworld. We shall prepare for our next steps from there."

With that, Tengri activated the pyramid, and disappeared, heading back to his homeworld: Maritus.
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.

The Crimson Shadow (monster hunter fanfiction, uncompleted)
Clash of Gods (Shin Gojira vs Legendary Godzilla story, completed)

HayesAJones
Keizer

Postby HayesAJones » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:00 pm

Dea gave a whoop. "Lady, if you get me free booze, we're gonna be fast friends!"

Godzilla165
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Godzilla165 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:03 pm

Ubel stepped into Hale’s vast, sterile white laboratory, heading past the various screens, work stations, and secret experiments covered in thick blankets. He went to the very back of the space towards a sliding, metal door that contained the patient center, and peered inside through the small, glass window cut in the doorframe. There, Ubel saw the dozen or so hospital beds lined up on either side of the room, and several monitors and test equipment placed neatly beside each. Hale didn’t seem to be there anymore, but Ubel did spot Aphrodite’s silver hair facing his direction, as her back was turned to him. And there, in the second to last bed on the right side, laid Dante seemingly fast asleep.

Waving his hand over a small terminal to the right of him, the metal door noiselessly slid open, and Ubel quietly walked inside. Making his way closer to Dante’s bed, Aphrodite turned around in her seat next to it, and smiled, wordlessly saying “hey” as Ubel approached. She patted a spot next to her for him to come and sit.

“What’s up, Silver mane.” Ubel greeted, wrapping a loving arm around her, “How’re holding up?”

“Mmm, tired, but I’ll live.” Aphrodite responded and returned the hug.

“I here that, trust me.” Ubel looked at Dante. His skin was a bit pale, and dark circles traced underneath his eyes. But, his slumbering breathes were slow and peaceful. “How long has he been asleep?” Ubel asked.

“About 10 or 15 minutes now, Hale put him under right after Evron left. It was the only way Em could’ve slept, or else, he would have still been worrying himself sick about us.” Aphrodite smiled softly to herself.

“I’m not surprised, Em’s always been like that: work himself to death, while worrying about everyone else.” Ubel shook his head, “He never stops, does he?”

“Yeah...” Aphrodite stood up to get ever closer to the bed. Reaching out with her hand, she laid it upon one of Dante’s and rubbed on it gently. “He really doesn’t,” She remarked, “his heart’s too big for him to.”

Ubel smiled, “It is.” Standing to his feet, the ninja, with his guitar still in hand, took up position beside the tired goddess. “Well, I was gonna try to see if I could play Dante something if he was awake, but I guess that’ll have to wait for later.”

“I think miss Lydia will enjoy that, Ubie.” Aphrodite softly agreed and patted his back.

Chuckling, Ubel reached out to give Aphrodite one final bear hug. “I‘ll leave you two alone for awhile, and hey, Evron’s making some stew, want me to bring you some?”

Aphrodite shook her head, “No thanks, Ubie, I’m waaay too tired to eat anything tonight. You’d probably find my head stuffed inside the bowl in the morning.” She joked.

Ubel laughed, before turning to plant a quick peck on Dante’s forehead. “See you tomorrow, big bro.” He whispered, and grabbed Aphrodite’s shoulder as he turned to head out. “Later, sis.”

Aphrodite waved goodbye before returning to her seat, this time laying down to get some rest for the night. Ubel exited from Hale’s lab and took the long way back up towards the kitchen. Hopefully, Evron had that stew and tea ready.
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#BotM

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Giratina93 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:11 pm

The smile that was on Persephone's face grew a little deeper. "All the booze I have here is yours. I have no reason for it, and Karzahni never drinks it anyways. It''s enough to fill the proverbial ark that carried the remnants of ancient man through the great cataclysm of long ago, enough to last you a lifetime, if not longer. And it's all aged to perfection."

"To be burdened with such knowledge and trials of your life... that is something I wish no one would have to deal with." Crigan said. "But in this one case, your curse is a blessing."

He turned to Immanuel. "You said you knew someone who could be of help... the God of Judgement?"

Though Dante's body recovered from the wounds afflicted by Sutekh and was at peace, his mind was anything but. The Dream Realm was a fickle place, intertwined and connected across realities and dimensions. No place was spared of its long reaching tendrils...

And that included the Realm of the Ninja's.

"Oh sacred head, now wounded." A voice, as if many speaking at once, wrapped around the Ninja's mind. "Your power is all but fleeting, King of the Yakuza. Your enemies surpass you, assail you, and you are powerless before them."

Within Dante's dreams, came visions of things he knew and things he had never witnessed; His own near death at the hands of Sutekh, his siblings overrun and torn apart by Sutekh's forces and Tengri's malice, the young girls and their friends Molly and Demmy hung by their bleeding entrails over a bottomless chasm with only their blood to keep their dying bodies warm, and the entire estate of the Yakuza, their empire, consumed in eternal flames.

"Give in and surrender to the darkness, cast off the robes of the righteous and adorn the mantle of evil. Feed the souls of those who depend on you to the darkness, or watch everything you hold dear perish as ants before the scorching sun. You are powerless, Dante, worthless and powerless as you are. Give in to the despair, give in to the new world order, and play with Sutekh at his own game. You are too weak, Ninja, your race is too weak, your kind are too weak. All anyone will remember you as is a failure, a loser in the passage of time, no better than your father."
You dare try to challenge me? Then we shall see how you fare against a true Archangel!

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

Godzilla165
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Godzilla165 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:12 pm

Dante shot from the bed in a cold sweat, his breathes stifled and shaken. He grabbed at his head grimacing, it was absolutely pounding. Aphrodite was quickly awoken from her sleep and her eyes peeled open.

“Heyyy,” She groggily said and stood to approach the bed, “What’s wrong, sweetie? You okay, what happened?”

Dante gazed at her, confused as his mind was still coming to terms with what it just experienced. He reached up to caress Aphrodite’s face, before bringing her in closer for a hug. He shut his eyes, sighed deeply in relief, and just held her there.

“Hi, hi, it’s okay, I’m here, I’m right here.” Aphrodite gently reassured, rubbing his notably tense back. His hands were shaking a bit too. “You’re safe now, okay? You’re safe. Now, tell me what happened.”

Dante rested his chin upon her shoulder, “Just a bad dream, but I’m better, now that you’re here.” He murmured.

“You sure?”

Dante gazed into her eyes, a feeble smile formed on his lips. “Promise.” He responded and gave Aphrodite a kiss, before hugging her again, even tighter this time. “I’m so glad you’re here, Dove.”

Aphrodite giggled a bit, “Well, where else would I be, honey?”

“I dunno... Sleeping?”

She laughed at that. “I was, right here. Wherever you sleep, I sleep, that won’t ever change.”

Soon enough, Aphrodite could feel Dante’s entire body relax, and, with a long sigh, he drifted off back to sleep on her shoulder. The goddess smiled warmly before delicately laying him back down, and kissed him on the cheek.

“Goodnight, sweetie.” She whispered.

Ubel entered back into the kitchen, and instantly, the aroma of freshly cooked stew and brewed tea plowed into his nostrils. He took in a deep and wholesome breath, and whistled loudly.

“I hope that smell means it’s done, Ruby Red!” He said.

“Don’t hold your breath, big guy, he’s been saying 5 minutes for the last 30.” Daeva taunted from her seat.

“Ugh, oh come ooon, Evronnn, it’s stew. What, did you have to go out and kill an animal before you got started?” Ubel whined.

“Hey, hey, screw both of you. Alright, you can’t. Rush. Perfection.” Evron snapped. Then, after adding a pinch of strong smelling pepper, he stepped back from the stove and threw up his hands. “Nowww, it’s done.”

Fiiinally.” Daeva groaned and excitedly hopped from
her chair.

“Ubie, you can go bring the others down, tell them it’s ready.”

“Heh, no need, Rube, they’ll smell it from where they are.” Ubel retorted and grabbed a bowl, anxiously waiting to eat.

#BotM

Monster X
Interpol Agent

Postby Monster X » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:55 pm

With Tengri gone, Sutekh set to work establishing his link with the singular puppets he had left scattered across the multiverse. The task was far easier than his prior assault and wouldn’t spread his mind so thin. It also made his servant more dangerous, for he could channel greater power through them.

Across existence his servants reactivated. Most had been is safe locations before he left them, such as the one still standing in Persephone’s guest room, but others found themselves in less accommodating circumstances. Some were currently sitting in morgues and laboratories while others had fallen victim to natural hazards. Some had had simple vanished, a fact that perplexed the Osiran but he didn’t have time to worry about it. The ones that were still functional didn’t remain contained for long however.

...........................................................................…

On an alien world located in one of the more backwater sectors of space, a man rose up from a mound of earth. Like his fellows he looked almost human aside from his blue skin. He was wearing a bright red business suit with a white shirt and black shoes. Prior to Sutekh’s abandoning, this servant had quickly to burry himself underground. The servant of Sutekh looked down at his dirt encrusted form, then his eye’s glowed green and all the blemishes vanished in a flash. Such things would draw unwanted attention to the infiltration unit.

The puppet then made it’s way into a nearby town it had been scouting earlier. It was not very big but contained a variety of alien races. There had been something that had caught it’s eye earlier and Sutekh wished it to be followed up.

It didn’t take long for find what it was looking for, and it had done so without drawing to much attention. During Sutekh’s mass invasion his mind had been pulled in so many different direction that he couldn’t properly refine the energy that manipulated his puppets. This was why they had burned everything they touched, which was advantageous to his stealth units. Now, with his mind focused on a much smaller number, he could better hide their activities.

On a big screen in the town centre, a news report was being broadcast. It was a follow-up on what the clone had caught sight of earlier.

“.... The notorious mass murderers The Four Beasts, who are responsible for the genocide of several planets populations in the southern sector of the galaxy, were tracked down and slain by renowned bounty hunter Adolphous...”

The screen then cut to a live feed of the aftermath of the hunt that had taken place. Evidently this culture was not overly squeamish, for what was shown on the screen was something a lot of advanced civilisations would have censored. The image showed the body of a hulking brute of an alien...which was strung up side down from some were of camera with it’s head cut off.

Sutekh’s smile worked it’s way onto his servant’s lips.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Postby HayesAJones » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:49 pm

Dea trained two finger guns on Persephone. "Hey, I'll put that to the test! I don't know how long I'm gonna live, but I bet I can dent your supply."

The demigod turned her broad, well-defined back on the high lord of Sheol, waving at her from over her shoulder. "But until you dig it up, I'll go bum around my room. Third room down is taken, right?"

Corzak The Mighty
Futurian

Postby Corzak The Mighty » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:27 pm

Immanuel nodded solemnly. "Yes, the God of Judgment. He most likely has some knowledge as to how to deal with a threat like this, since he is much more... proactive in his hunt of creatures and villains of this nature."

"Wait, God of judgment?" Nyx asked, eyes widening. "No way, don't tell me. You guys know Uncle Yzzy?"

".... Uncle?" Immanuel said, tilting his head in confusion.

"Well, okay, not literally my uncle, but I treat him like my uncle," Nyx replied. "He brought me back to life after - "

"We can discuss this on the way there," Immanuel interrupted. "Clearly Yzazil and I have much to discuss once we rendezvous."

Immanuel turned to Crigan. "Are you feeling healthy enough to depart?"
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.

The Crimson Shadow (monster hunter fanfiction, uncompleted)
Clash of Gods (Shin Gojira vs Legendary Godzilla story, completed)

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Giratina93 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:05 pm

Crigan nodded. Like Immanuel, he was confused as to Nyx's claims, but that was something he could save for another time. "Not optimal, but I feel good enough to depart, yes. I'll live."

He took a deep breath. The sooner this was all done, the sooner they could get to Cercil and save her from whatever was happening in Makai, and the sooner Sutekh could be stopped.

Hopefully...

"Yes, third room down is taken, but the ones on the lower floor are all open. Be prepared for all of the beer you could ever want, Dea."

The doors closed behind the superhero as she walked out, and once they were closed Persephone tapped her right ear. "Lilith, did you get all that?" She quietly whispered.

"Yes, you get to have a sleepover with a muscle head." Lilith's voice crackled out of the earpiece. " I'm sure you still love those things."

"When I was younger, yes. But now's not the time for that. Lilith, please oversee that Dea gets her beer as soon as possible and ensure she feels at home and relaxed here. We may have use for her if Mara doesn't recover fast enough." She rose from her bed, and finished changing into her normal ruler attire. "And I take it you are still running through all the measurements and battle data?"

"It's... It's a lot, Persephone. But Laeptus is helping me. The Gyu Oni's in the test trials have no chance but-"

"I expect that. This is a little beyond them. What I'm interested in is if Mara or Minos can be trained and augmented with this data... and maybe, our new friend as well. But for now, I have another guest to speak to..."

Lilith's end cut off, and Persephone rose from her bed. Dea really was a fun woman, and smart as well. It wasn't often the Ruler of Sheol had such an interesting guest in her abode, especially one completely alien to her.

Perhaps she could make a good sparring partner for Mara, or the Oni child if she felt the need to get that project off the ground...

The sounds of laughter rang through Dante's ears. "Yes, rest as your empire crumbles and your world tears apart. You are unworthy of your mantle, less worthy than your father before you. Oh, you tower above your peers and misbegotten ilk, but against the full powers of darkness, you are but leafs in the wind. The ephemeral lives you exalt are but pale imitations, devoid of meaning and worth. And you... who ARE you?"

Within Dante's mind, a form manifested, an image of a winged being, a twisted smile visible beneath the hood that it wore.

"No one. Nothing."

Godzilla165
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Godzilla165 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:14 pm

“Blah blah blah. Apocalypse, armageddon, doom and gloom, ohh, ‘you and all that you know and love will perish’... You have no idea how many times I hear that on a daily basis, from people a lot more qualified to do it too, I might add. You’re literally no different, miss; we might as well file your claim under ‘your world will end proclamation, 56G’.” Dante stated with exasperation, his words echoing into the void of his mind.

He and his guest were floating weightlessly in a pitch black space, nothing at all surrounding them, accept for various memories of Dante’s flying past on either side like cars on a highway. Memories like the first time he met Aphrodite, their very first date, him doing Daeva’s hair, training with Evron, teaching Ubel how to read and write, the four of them huddled around a fireplace with cookies and milk, etc.

“Interesting that you brought up my father as if that’s supposed to mean something, you know? My father was a psychopathic, genocidal warlord who almost brought the multiverse to its knees, subjugated our people, left our home in shambles, and forever banished our mother from it.” Dante shoved his hands deep into his pants pockets and blew a hair off his nose.

“I don’t know about you, but I think I’ve been doing an okay job so far. I’m not at all perfect, I’ll always admit that. You know, I do, and have made a lot of mistakes... But if you think for one second that I’d ever give up on my family, my allies, those sweet girls who just lost their home because of me... You’re not the sharpest blade on the stand.”

Dante turned from his dark guest, to a memory that really caught his interest. He used his head to point at it, “You see that one over there?” He asked. The memory in question was that of Dante as a teenager, during a time when Marise’s influence had begun to rub off on him. It showed the arrogance, the superiority complex, and the newfound aggression and brutality towards so many different people and beings across the cosmos. It was displayed even towards the ninja Prime’s own siblings.

“I’ve tangled with the darkness of my mind and within my soul before, and I absolutely hated myself for what I’d become, for letting my father get to me like that just so I could connect with him... For being that way around my siblings.” Dante solemnly stated.

He shook his head defiantly, “That was a long, long time ago, though, and I’m never going back. With the help of this,” Dante pointed at the Heart, “and the inspiration my family gives me, I’ll never let the dark influences molest my mind ever again. But, enough about me and my business,” Dante crossed his arms and stared intently at the invader, “may I ask who exactly you are? Pfft, of course I can, it’s my mind! Who are you?” He demanded.
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:21 am, edited 3 times in total.

#BotM

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Giratina93 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:06 pm

The specter within Dante's mind twitched. So the Ninja's mental fortitude was stronger than she expected. How annoying.

"To think your mind is so strong, even after being brought to death's doorstep by Sutekh. It is truly, deeply... INFURIATING." The spectre hissed. Their voice rasped like a serpent cornering its prey. Most would have yielded and given into despair by now from such circumstances, and yet, you mock me with this? Perhaps my former host's weak and feeble mind, and those of the girls under my thrall, have made me soft."

The specter stood tall, their frame dwarfed the Ninja's own by over half their body, and the eyes beneath their hood glowed a sickly violet hue. "I? I am the Lord of Nightmares, The Crimson Lotus, The Envoy of Despair and the Tyrant of Chaos. Many titles granted to me by those who survived my night terrors over the passage of time. From dream to dream I drift, sewing the seeds of eternal slumber and horrors, never another soul awakening from their grip. With you weakened, I thought perhaps even you would succumb... but I was mistaken."

The specter hovered closer to Dante. As she did, her form wavered and changed into that of Aphrodite, but the voice remained deep and as many. "Though... perhaps your misbegotten ilk would be easier game, or perhaps your esteemed guests. Are they as mentally strong as you? " Her form wavered, this time into Daeva's image. "All fragments unworthy of the mantle, of any mantle of your kind or of man's, and all corrupted by the same sins and lusts."

Godzilla165
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Godzilla165 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:27 am

“Touch them and you’re dead, simple as that.” Dante bluntly declared whilst watching another memory floating by. Holding out a hand, he unleashed a powerful Ki Wave which plowed into his newfound parasite, shrinking her down to her original size. Satisfied with his work, a chair appeared beside the Yakuza, of which he gladly took a seat.

“No, no, you just stay in here with me for awhile, let’s hash it out for a bit, have a sleepover.” Dante snickered as a thought came into his mind, “I don’t think you’d want to go in Daeva’s mind, anyhow, she’s kind of a messy sleeper, and a talker.” He conjured up a cup of tea and took a sip, his eyes watching the woman at all times. He removed it from his lips and wiped any excess liquid away. “Sooo, what’s the end goal here for you, exactly? What do you hope to gain from intercepting my mind or anyone else’s?”
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

#BotM

EdGojira
EDF Soldier

Postby EdGojira » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:41 am

"He is proposing that I leave with him. Out of your jurisdiction," Jake said.

The Sandman was assaulted from all sides by the other gods, cracks forming around him. Still, he gnashed his teeth and endured. Way too much effort for a mortal, even one who had a good chance of killing some multiversal level threat.

The pit said, "This invader is resilient. Relatively speaking."

"Reminds me of that archangel we sicced this forsaken one onto," the pillar of light mused.

"We have a new Protector, I guess we don't need Jaquel around."

"But I wanted to revel in his suffering," pouted the tentacled god. The sound of its voice was deafening, stretching across multiple worlds.

"We can still kill this invader as if it were nothing."

"Goddammit, I wasn't expecting this much thought," the pit said.

"Stay put."

The gods vanished, leaving Jake and the Sandman standing in blank space. "The gods were behaving out of character."

"That's probably because they transported us to my territory," the Sandman scooped up some sand and funneled it through his fingers. "These gods are stronger than I. Still, they have a subconscious. Well, mostly but they're shockingly sensitive to peer pressure."
The shackles gave in to Dana's might. The metal flung across the room and embedded itself in the wall. Gabriel's head jerked around in the direction of the sound. He gasped in pain and felt his lower neck. Kenzie and Jules took this as an opening. Kenzie flared up and raced in for another headbutt. Jules charged with a fist.

In the split second that it took for them to get to him, the attacks were blocked with the very tip of Gabriel's talons on one hand. He twitched his fingers, sending the duo airborne. He felt his other arm. Like his neck, it seemed to be nearly unusable. The one in the facility shouldn't be too much of a threat to him, he decided.

Dana released Jackie from his constraints. The man's mind was swimming with what he had experienced within Dana's head, so it barely registered when Dana pointed out the threat.

"Who, again?"

"The gods' ass monkey," Dana said.

"What'd you just call me?"

"No, dipshit, him!" Dana pointed to Gabriel.

"Oh skreeonk," Jackie said. It didn't make sense to him; witchcraft wouldn't normally attract something like this, especially with how well hidden they were...

Dana snatched him up by the shirt, "We need to save them." And just like that, Jackie was in the air. He grumbled to himself. If he were to die, he guessed it was better to put up a fight first before being reduced to tomato paste.

Two swords manifested in his hands and he set them to be plunged into Gabriel's shoulders.

"Say what?" Gabriel said as he saw the small screaming alien head toward him. He ducked, causing Jackie to plant his face firmly in the ground. "I don't even know if I should kill this one---"

Dana punched him in the face. It was a bad idea. Searing pain shot up her knuckles. She exclaimed in pain and grabbed her wrist. Gabriel pressed his palm against her abdomen. She was stronger than the other two. That meant finishing her now.

Jackie slashed at his tail. "Cut that out."

He flicked the alien away with a slight movement of his tail, but Kenzie and Jules came in and attempted to land more blows. He allowed the hits to come in and discharged his attack into Jules. Jules didn't have time to react and vanished into blue light, reduced to subatomic particles.

Dana, Kenzie and Jackie stepped back. Their eyes were wide with horror. Tears stung Dana and Kenzie's eyes. Jackie came in for another attack, cloaked fully in chi. He landed a kick on Gabriel, whom didn't even flinch before grabbing him by the leg and slamming him around like a ragdoll. Bones cracked and blood spurted as the attack continued.

Kenzie came at him in a rage. Gabriel's tail smacked her in the face. She could feel teeth fly from her mouth and gulped venom from a ruptured sack as she collapsed to the ground, bleeding. She tried to lift herself up but collapsed. Jackie's corpse slapped to the ground beside her. She would have never guessed that with his timidity and frailness that the small alien would die so valiantly. Before the gods' lapdog, the two were one and the same.

Dana stood in shock. She couldn't even bring herself to stop Gabriel as he brutalized the others. She felt someone tug at her arm. She didn't respond. Then something pierced her leg. She looked at it. It was Jackie, or at least a duplicate.

"We need to get out of here. Now."

MinorBone Good
Yin-Yang Master

Postby MinorBone Good » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:25 pm

Cthelee's eyes adjusted to the dark corridors beneath the surface. There was no noise. Just silence. Cthelee took a step forward, it's noise echoing throughout the halls. Cthelee paused for a few seconds, looking around his surrounding area in the dim lighting. He squinted his eyes toward a doorway, listening to see if any creature was there. After waiting for a solid two minutes, Cthelee continued down the set path. He knew of this place, one of the select few that did. Only the survivors of the extermination caused by that demon. The way to this place was sealed off around 170 years ago. But here Cthelee was. left in the underground containment area of the horrifying being.

"You just seem you can't get rid of this nightmare, can you?"

Cthelee whipped his head around, the ends of his feathers standing up on edge. Cthelee's stitched mouth went into a worried expression. It was the black and white creature, with a frowning mask. Booled. Booled cocked his head to the side.

"We know it was painful. We were there. You don't have fear him anymore, Cthelee."

Cthelee scrunched his nose up out of embarrassment, turning away from Booled.

"You know you can speak, you know. It is your dream after all." Booled floated towards Cthelee line of sight, shaking his head.

"I... I don't want to talk about it." He continued down the hallway, his eyes narrowing to try and see. He moved past Booled.

"Cthelee, you and I know that won't be the last of those creatures you saw earlier today. There was a greater evil then them. Worse than-"

"D-Drillgore. Yes, I know. I just want this nightmare to end. I've seen what h-happens. I just want to get it over with." Cthelee looked back down the corridors, the furthest light flickering. He looked back towards Booled. "Where is Boore anyway? Isn't he always with you?"

Booled let out a soft chuckle. "Just because he's not visible to you, does not mean he's not here. Boore wants it to be a surprise when he shows." Booled looked down the hallway as well. "So, do you continue your nightmare, or will you finally beat it?"

"Like I'll ever beat it. I-I j-just can't! Booled I've been having this nightmare for a-all my life! H-He's going to come back out. A-And-and-an-" Booled put a finger up to Cthelee's nose, getting in front of him.

"Sssshhhh.. It's okay, Cthelee. You don't need to worry. I'm sure you'll still be a coward and opt out of the adventure we are sure to have. We understand that you can't handle meeting most of the world. It seems that any human look a like wants to harm you. It's almost funny." The lights began to flicker above Cthelee and Booled. The masked being looked down at Cthelee. "Looks like it's my time to go.. Good luck in your nightmares."

Cthelee frowned. "W-Wow. Thanks."

All the lights began to flicker within the hallways, causing Cthelee to cover his eyesight with his wings. Cthelee's breaths started to become more rapid, starting to panic. He looked down at his own feet, trying to avoid looking at his demise. With his trembling body, he slowly started to walk backwards, briefly looking through the crack between his wings, only to be met with a pair of large white eyes and grey face, sporting a crooked smile. The demon cackled, twisting it's neck in an unnatural direction, causing it to go horizontally. The demon railed his twisted right arm up, showing off it's massive drill hand. The white suit of Drillgore grew another arm from it's body. His grey crooked fingers wrapped around Cthelee's throat and squeezed tight. His drill started to spin fast, moving forward to drill into his nose.

"SURPRISE!" Boore suddenly flew up in front Cthelee's face, and booped him on the nose.

Cthelee suddenly woke up, relived that Drillgore didn't end up making a hole out him. He looked down at Ishome, sleeping at his side. A smile spread across his face and wrapped a wing around Ishome.
Last edited by MinorBone Good on Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BACK IN ACTION :P

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Giratina93 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:23 pm

The Dream Demon laughed with a hand to their face, yet behind that laughter was a hiss of irritance and hatred. Her size had remained the same, as it was her normal size, but her form had been twisted back to its original frame. The very frame of the mindscape seemed to waver and pulsate with her mounting rage.

"My end goal? My motives are for myself to know, Ninja. You could not understand or comprehend the reasons I go to these lengths, to absorb the fear of all creation and empower myself with it, to drive you to the darkest depths of despair and use the Destroyer's own forces for my agenda. Such a fallen estate would never understand. But for now..."

The grin upon the specter's face seemed to stretch from ear to ear. "I guess, watching one of your guests have a shower accident will suffice."

With that, her form faded, and her presence vanished from the Ninja's mind...

Doris had already slipped into the pajamas Nichelle had packed for them. Her mind however was as far from the thoughts of a restful night and dinner as possible.

No, it was the gravity of the situation she was in. Her speech to Nichelle had helped her friend out, but the truth of the matter was, she had no clue where to even begin to make that speech a reality.

Their enemy had been wounded, but it was sure to be a mistake he would never make again. He would be less careless, and even in his laser focused fight against Dante, the Destroyer had been all but impossible for anyone to take on. The worst they had done aside from that blind sided strike was annoy him. From what she could see from the safety of Korraz's pocket, the battle had been anything but close to a winnable affront, and it was only by the slimmest of chances they had escaped with their lives.

They lacked the power, the strength to take on Sutekh. And who knew what else the Destroyer had in his forces. That thought made Doris's blood run cold. It would be so easy to just give up, to throw in the towel and take the easy way out. She had the tools needed...

No! She couldn't and she wouldn't! She could almost see her Goddess's spectral form refusing to give up or accept such a scenario, chastising her for giving up when so many needed them, so many lives were at stake! So long as a sliver of hope remained, so long as there was even a chance of success, it HAD to be taken! Never give in, never surrender, no matter the odds! She, as a member of the Cheshire Cafe, had a responsibility to make everyone's lives a little better.

Doris shook herself. She needed to keep that hope alive and to please her Goddess. No matter how dark it looked, it was always darkest before the dawn, and the dawn was sure to come...

A loud crash sounded from the showers accompanied by a scream, and Doris snapped back to reality. "Nichelle!" She shouted, and ran into the showers. She opened the door, and was greeted with Nichelle face down at the entrance of the shower, with only a towel over here, and a pool of blood from her head as company.

"NICHELLE!"

Godzilla165
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Godzilla165 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:51 am

Daeva appeared in the room instantly after hearing the crash. “Doris, Nichelle?” She called and jogged to the guest room. When she walked in, her eyes widened at the bloody sight. There, in front of Daeva, was Nichelle lying face down in her own blood, and Doris hovered over her. Daeva ran up to them, knelt down beside the cyborg, and gently turned her over onto her back.

Lifting Nichelle up in her arms, Daeva knelt to one knee and looked at Doris with concern. “What in the Yakuza happened?” She asked.

Soon enough, Evron and Ubel also made into Daeva’s room, stopping at the entrance of the bathroom.

“What the hell happened in here?” Evron said.

“I dunno, that’s what we’re trying to figure out.” Daeva remarked. “Hey, Aphrodite, you awake down there?” She mentally called.

Daeva soon heard a tired groan. “I am now, what’s up?” Aphrodite groggily asked.

“Sorry to wake you, hun, but it looks like Nichelle slipped and fell in my shower. There’s a pretty big cut on her forehead; we need your hands.”

“Okay, I’ll be right there. In the meantime, make sure to keep her head elevated a bit, that will keep the blood from running too much.”

Daeva gave an obliging nod, “Will do, sis, see you in a bit.”

“Alright, come on, let’s get her to the couch.” Ubel motioned them out the bathroom.

Daeva carried Nichelle’s still form slowly over towards the couch and laid her down delicately, tucking the girls hangs neatly together. “I’ll go get some blankets.” She said and headed to her closet.

Evron sighed through his nose, “If this shitty day doesn’t end, I’m gonna scream.” He grumbled psychically, before starting towards the exit. “I’ll be back with a mop to clean the blood up.”

Ubel turned to Doris, “Doris, do you have any idea how this happened. Did Nichelle slip?” He inquired softly.
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

#BotM

Beast Blood
Samurai

Postby Beast Blood » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:32 am

A series of cacophonically loud tremors of clanking metal and meaty steps reached the group, shaking the halls like miniature earthquakes. Hod appeared first, the scruffy avian stomping over to Nichelle's side. Korraz was next, the giant showing up with a frown of concern. She looked to the group, silently inquiring what had happened and if she could do anything to help.
Last edited by Beast Blood on Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “RPG Forum”