The Gorilla Whale

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Missingno.
G-Grasper

Re: The Gorilla Whale

Post by Missingno. »

“I need to speak to your father,” a deep voice replied to Amori's greeting.

She recognized that voice from somewhere.. Then the realization came: it was General Hashimoto! Why was he calling?!

_____

After things had seemed to settle down from the earlier tremors, Madeleine looked at a clock on one of the bar's walls. The time had flown by quickly, as it was now past midnight. She could tell from the looks of the others that they knew the time, too. That drowsy state marked by sluggish movements, squinting eyes and consistent yawning was evident on everyone, and she was no exception.

“Yuzo, are you ready to call in a night?” she asked.

His response was very warped and slurred, but could be made out as a “yeah”. While he had only had two drinks, the effects of the alcohol were definitely there, as drinks were something in him only on very few occasions. While it was humorous to look at to his friend, she also was quite annoyed because this was her ride home.. Or should have been. But after all, she said she would be the designated driver, and had to live up to that word. Saying their goodbyes, they made their way to Yuzo's car, with the voluntary help of Hatsuo to get Yuzo settled in. After this was taken care of, Hatsuo made his way around to Madeleine.

Handing her a folded slip of paper, he spoke, “I enjoyed our conversation tonight. It's not too often you see an American here, given the war and its social effects on most of our people.. But I don't have any problems with you. If it wouldn't bother you and your friend, I'd like to establish contact with you; you know to talk casually, or perhaps inform you of any new issues; I am on active duty, ya know,”

Madeleine smiled, if a bit uncomfortably, and accepted the slip. With a wave from her and a bow from Hatsuo, the latter watched as the white Corolla turned onto the main street, and gradually faded from view amid the street lights and few other vehicles on the road at this time. Lighting a cigarette while turning to walk home, he thought to himself, 'Those two, an interesting pair.. I hope nothing happens to them..'

About fifteen minutes passed before Hatsuo returned to his house. Kicking off his shoes, he didn't even attempt to make it to his bedroom, instead opting to lay on the couch, near the phone. Dozing off almost immediately, it would likely be morning before he knew it...
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

“Yeah... Umm, one sec...” Amori responded with a not so subtle hint of bewilderment in her voice, before covering the bottom speaker with her hand. “Dad, it’s General Hashimoto!” She yelled.

Upstairs, as Hidachi was drying his face and hair, he froze after hearing Amori reveal who was on the other line. An internal groan came soon after. It wasn’t due to Hashimoto himself, but merely due to how late it was and sheer exhaustion on the captain’s part. Nevertheless, he had to answer, so he grabbed his crutches and hobbled over to the phone standing on his nightstand. He picked it up, sat down on the edge of his bed and covered the bottom speaker.

“Alright Amori, I’ll take it from here!” Hidachi called down before putting the phone up to his ear, “Britannia here, what’s going on, sir?” He asked.

#BotM

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

In all honesty, the general felt a little pity upon hearing the strain in the captain's voice, but could not think of a better choice in heading command operations. As such, he went on: "I deeply apologize to be calling at this hour, but surely you felt those tremors not long ago? I'm here with the Prime Minister among others, and according to the agency responsible for monitoring seismic activity, there was no warning for this one. Furthermore, reports are now coming in of extraordinary damage from first responders and police in the area. As a result, Satō wants to send a battalion of the JSDF to assist in research and recovery for the affected area. Think you'd be up for heading that battalion?" Hashimoto explained.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Hidachi perked up in surprise, him leading an entire battalion in his state? What could have possibly led the general to ultimately choose him over others of similar ranking?

Instead, not choosing to question the man’s intentions, Hidachi sputtered, “I-Uh, yes, yes sir I would!” He said, cringing as he heard how overly excited he just sounded. “Just one question though, general: Would my crew get to be a part of this mission as well?”

#BotM

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Upon hearing Hidachi's response, Hashimoto stroked his chin for a moment, and went on.

"Good. With your confirmation, I will be giving directive to the Central Army to activate the 10th Division in securing the area; you can think of this as a sort of Martial Law declaration. We will all be in the field to get an understanding of what happened, and keep order. Your significance will be oversight of communications and telling me what other personnel have found over the course of the operation. If you think efficiency will not become an issue with more men, then feel free to reach out to your crew to assist you. See you in the morning," he finished.

Just after hanging up, Hashimoto caught a glimpse of a bright object rapidly moving above the city through a nearby window. He glared at the object, knowing fully well that it was more likely than not yet another monster.

"Damn pests," he muttered. I'll put all of you in your place, even if it kills me."

Returning to the meeting hall, he directed his attention to the Prime Minister.

"I've made my decision for assistance in directing the upcoming military operations. You can give it an official go-ahead whenever convenient to you."
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Before Hidachi could even utter out the words, “thank you”, Hashimoto was already off the phone. He silently set the phone back onto the receiver, and excitedly went downstairs to let Amori know the news.

“Amori, Amori honey, good news!” Hidachi yelled as he made his way downstairs. “Guess what, General Hashimoto wants me to-”

He quickly cut himself off upon seeing that Amori was fast asleep on the living room couch. The captain could only smile before he hobbled towards the nearby linen closet, took out a blanket, and laid it across his slumbering daughter. Hidachi then planted a gentle kiss upon her forehead and tiptoed back upstairs. It may have been late that night, but Hidachi needed to make a couple of phone calls himself; tomorrow was going to be a very busy day.

Somewhere in the middle of the East Sea.

Godzilla silently cut across the expansive ocean like a knife through butter under the cover of night, plowing through powerful waves with ease. With his and his son’s home having been compromised, Godzilla had no choice but to relocate somewhere else for the time being, for Junior’s sake. He would remain with the young Kaiju at least a few days to protect him whilst things cooled down some. Then, Godzilla would travel a great distance, scouring the globe in search of the seemingly plethora of creatures like him.

For now, his sole priority was reaching place of interest. Junior had done an impressive job of keeping up with his father for the past several miles now. But, as Godzilla did his occasional glance back to check up on him, he noticed that Junior was floating face down in the water. Was he? Godzilla slowed, turned around and dipped his head below the surface for a closer look. His suspicions were correct: Junior was knocked out cold. It was understandable; today had been an eventful one for him.

Wasting no time, Godzilla slipped below the surface, positioned himself directly below Junior, and gently resurfaced with the latter now resting on his rocky back. It may not have been the best place to sleep, but it was better nothing, and would also keep the Gojirian from being swept away by the currents. With his son’s scaly head nestled in the pit of his neck, and the rest of him settled, Godzilla continued on. This would slow their trip down considerably for the time being, but Godzilla would allow his son a rest while he powered on. They had a long journey ahead of them, one that would see them headed across the world. Godzilla and Junior were traveling back to the latter’s birthplace: Ilha da Queimada Grande, aka: Snake Island.

Onward to Brazil.

JSDF building.
8:15 AM

Hidachi was sat within his personal quarters currently getting caught up on paperwork as he waited for the day to fully commence. Then, knock on the door rang out from outside. “Come in.” Hidachi stated.

Entering into the office space was the captain’s second-in-command: Ryu Yamane, albeit bruised and battered from the events that occurred earlier this week. The young lieutenant smiled and gave Hidachi a small nod, “You wanted to see me, sir?” He asked.

Hidachi motioned at an empty chair in front of his desk, to which Ryu quickly obliged. “How are you feeling, lieutenant?” Hidachi inquired.

Ryu pursed his lips and casually shrugged, “Still sore and a little beaten up, but I’ll manage just fine, captain. What about you?”

“Hmm, I can’t complain too much, other than these damn crutches getting in the way.”

Yamane snickered. “So when are we moving out, sir?”

“We’re waiting for Hashimoto to give all of us the go ahead, and then we’ll be in the field just to really see what the hell happened, and keep as much order as we possibly can.” Hidachi replied.

Ryu nodded, “And who’s all going with us as far as our crew?”

Hidachi noted him with a nod of his head, “Just you, myself and Mitzuki when she gets here. What’s keeping her anyway?”

“Rush hour traffic, captain, the whole expressway has been gridlocked from a pretty bad accident. I just talked to her maybe 10 minutes ago.”

Hidachi sighed and leaned back in his chair, twirling a pen around in one hand. “Well, we may as well start trying to get ahead of a few things.” He said before tossing Ryu a stack of papers. “Here, help me fill some of these out, will ya?”

Ryu grinned softly and shook his head, “Aye aye, captain. I thought I told you about getting more organized?”

“Yeah, and to my credit, I started to... I just gave up and said to hell with it 5 minutes in.” Hidachi mused which made the both of them laugh.
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#BotM

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Fukuoka, Japan

The city’s populus had not little warning of the horror that was unleashed on them this day. The ground suddenly began to shack violently, then the form of Chirako erupted from the earth. Thanks to some rest, some underground herbs known to the dinosaurs and her fighting spirit, she had made a remarkable recovery. She now turned her fury at the spider of the previous night and the lingering effects of it’s venom (a headache) on the humanity.

She came out of the ground as if Ururu himself was chasing her, casing the building above her to explode outward, and began charging through the city as fast as she could. Everything in her path was either demolished or trampled underfoot. So sudden was this violent assault that many people just stood in shock and aw of what was happening. When they finally did try to run the citizens of Fukouka where met with another terrifying sight. Arrow erupted from the ground some distance from his partner. He had done his best to care for her through the night and thankfully she had recovered quickly. Maybe a bit too quickly, as the second she was well she had charged off to surface with such speed in had struggled to keep up.

The giant allosaur’s means of attacking the city was different from Chirako’s. Rust coloured smoke began to seep from between his teeth. Arrow then bent down and exhaled a torrent of radioactive gas from his mouth. The gas struck the ground and then billowed outwards, spreading through the surrounding city’s streets. The radiation levels in the area where it travelled spiked to over 20,000 millisieverts. Anyone caught in it’s wake were irreversible contaminated, insuring they would be dead in a matter of hours. Many quickly began suffering from effects of such sever radiation exposure, such a vomiting, diarrhoea, seizures and internal bleeding. The whole situation was exacerbated by the wind, which helped to spread the gas further.

By this time the evacuation sirens had finally been activated.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Somewhere underground

Aroro woke from a peaceful sleep to the comforting smell of the male next to her. While they had been making good progress and reached the tunnels around the Kingdom, her wound had started to slow her down. Seeing her weakened state Anguirus had indicated that maybe she should rest. Knowing what they might have to face, Aroro agreed and the two dinosaurs had settled down in a cavern that connected to one of the main tunnels. The pair had spent the next few hours fairly comfortably, though they were both woken by something examining the entrance to their den at one point. The light in this part of the tunnels was rather poor so Aroro never really saw what it was, but a quick roar from the male was enough to make whatever it was scurry off quickly. Now she was fully rested and they needed to get going. She leaned over and gently nuzzled Anguirus , it was time to get up.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Off the Coast of China

The dinosaur carefully raised it’s head above the water and scented the air. It had been tracking Walterrus since last night, having stealthily picked up his trail in Osaka. In order to track it’s target, the creature had had to abandon the form of Gorgo for something more adapted for swimming. In this case the form of a parasaurolophus. Soon it would catch up to the surface monster, soon it would die for defying the Dinosaur Kingdom. The creature’s head sunk below the waves as it continued the hunt.
Last edited by Monster X on Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Anguirus returned Aroro's nuzzle and rose clumsily to his feet, stretching to loosen up his sleep-stiffened muscles. He approached the cavern's entrance and sniffed at the ground and walls, attempting to discern the identity of the intruder from earlier, but to no avail; the scents of many unfamiliar creatures filled this gloomy tunnel, and this one had faded enough to be indistinguishable from the rest. He entered the tunnel first, looking left and right to ensure that the thing really had gone, and then grunted for Aroro to continue leading the way.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

The depths of the Earth... Japan.

Cole and Yamato had been making their way through the sewer systems, eventually finding some giant holes that could only have been made by big creatures. They had both elected to go down into the depths, and eventually found their way to the edge of the dinosaur kingdom. Just as they were coming upon a corner, they saw Anguirus and Aroro, and froze in place for a moment. "Whoah, look at those two beasts." Yamato said in wonder. "I'll bet that Motoko and Taichi would love to see this, and tell us what these things are."

"You don't know these dinosaurs?" Cole asked, "Aren't you supposed to be an animal expert, kid?"

"I'm not a kid, and I'm not a paleontologist." Yamato rebuffed, "I don't know what-" He was stopped when Anguirus roared at him and Cole. "SHIT! HIDE!" He said as he darted off back to where they came and into a small crevasse, shutting his flashlight off with Cole also diving into the same crevasse and the two did their best to hide.

"You think they'll see us here?" Cole asked in whisper, getting ready to transform if he needed to.

"No, I don't think so." Yamato whispered in return, "If I got my animal behavior knowledge right, and can apply it to dinosaurs, we should be fine if we keep hidden, make minimal sounds, and don't let them smell us. Otherwise, it'll be a bad day."

"I wish we had a good source of sun light..." Cole whispered to himself, "Or taken some of those enhancements with me to extend how long I can stay in my real form... Gotta toughen up some more first chance I get... No way I can fight effectively in this cramped place" He was indeed regretting that he hadn't done more to boost his stamina so he could fight better in these awkward places.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kamiyama - Japan

Kensugi and Yoko had returned to the KDRC, taken some time to rest up, and then headed out, this time with Taichi to investigate the area after detecting the earthquake, and confirming where they needed to go. Unfortunately, they wound up being stone walled by the JSDF with a road block. Whatever happened, it was needing some secrecy to avoid the public from going into a panic. "I'll try to get in touch with the JSDF." Taichi said after getting out of the van they were driving in, "See if I can get us in and investigate alongside their internal research department."

"Try to hurry." Yoko said with a sigh as she sat back, and looked around while Taichi headed over to the officers in charge. "So, how long will this take?" She asked Kensugi.

"Long enough." He said as he rested back against his seat. "Better get comfortable, there's a lot of red tape to get through. Even if we are the ones to investigate kaiju just like Monarch..." Meanwhile, Taichi talked with one of the officers of the JSDF.

"Gentlemen, I am Taichi Kuranagi, head of the Kaiju Discovery and Research Center." He said with a respectful salute. "I would like to talk with the man in charge so we can proceed with investigating the epicenter of the earthquake from last night. We have reason to believe the quake was not natural."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Somewhere in the Pacific...

It had been quite some time since Byakkan had started on her journey, and the noise she had been following had died down and even stopped outright. She had to take a rest though, and found one of the islands, climbing ashore, she gave her body a good shake, sending water flying everywhere in a sort of rain pattern. This was going to be hard alright, and she missed the age when threats were confined closer to home. That, and she had awoken after multiple centuries to possibly a millenium of sleep just the previous two days. Of course she'd be a little unused to this, and she looked around again on this deserted island. Nothing of interest here, no real indication of man's presence otherwise. Well, maybe save the angry spiritual residue of marooned pirates and criminals over the last few centuries. For now it would serve as a place to rest, or so she thought she could...

Out in the surf, a massive, brownish black, scaly tail rose out of the water, and then slammed back into the surf, with jagged spines of the same color breaking the surface, followed by a reptilian head with small, ear like horns at the back of his head. Water cascaded down his body as his gills shut, and he breathed through his nostrils. He looked at Byakkan with his burnt amber eyes, and snarled, though not in contempt, more in warning not to do anything she might regret. He then walked onto the shore, and Byakkan would see the titan who was just short of matching Gamera's height towering over her.

So, was this the creature that Walterrus had mentioned? Byakkan wondered in her mind as she took up a defensive stance, crouched, head low to the ground. He certainly gave off an air of a creature that was like the dragon she had met, and she knew what he was capable of. If this thing was what made Walterrus nervous, she knew she'd have a fight on her paws if one started. She growled out a question, asking who he was.

Gojira responded with a snort and grunts that answered her question. He was the one who maintained the balance of nature, the one who had seen many species rise and fall, the one who was more ancient than she could imagine, he was the true king of the monsters. He then cut off her response with a growl that indicated he knew of her, the one who was once a normal human and a normal creature. He knew of her mystic origin, because he had watched from a distance her creation, and her purpose. Just like he had watched the Atlanteans foolishly create the Gyaos and then create Gamera to stop them, though he had chosen not to help the Atlanteans for their arrogance, instead fighting the Gyaos who threatened him, those under his rule and his friends. He then snorted a question to her, why she had been going the way she had?

Byakkan was surprised, and a little insulted by Gojira's cutting her off. She was, however, more surprised than anything. This creature surely must have been ancient to have witnessed what was legend to her people, and her own creation. She then answered his question by grunting that she had been tracking a creature that had ravaged a city, one that the dragon she had met had been trying to find as well. According to that dragon, it seemed like Gojira was the prime suspect, and she had come to see for herself. But she sensed no malevolent intent, no aggression beyond what he exhibited towards unnatural beings. The same aggression he was stifling back at this very moment towards her because of her nature and not quite being part of the natural order. Could he really have been the thing that ravaged that human city?

Gojira listened to her, and snorted in disgust. It was not him as he had no interest in random destruction. Humans had proven far more volatile as of late, given their reaction to his accidental destruction of a war ship and submarine out of curiosity and investigation a few decades earlier. But he was not ready to bring wrath down on them yet, foolhardy and arrogant as humanity could be, they were still young, and needed time to learn coexistence. No, the damage the tiger monster had witnessed was caused by another creature, one that had been hurt by the humans attempts to destroy him, though it only resulted in a growth spurt for himself. Not that he could show her, but at any rate, it was another creature he was monitoring. He told her that she should stay close to where the center of activity was, and to follow closer to the dragon who was looking for an ally, based on what he sensed from this location. He himself would deal with the one the humans now called Godzilla.

Byakkan could feel that he was right about this, and bowed her head submissively, acknowledging Gojira as king. She asked who this ally might be, waiting for the titan's response. Gojira grunted a name, Mosura, his closest friend. Byakkan looked up upon hearing the name, shocked. Another legend was true? But why was she being ordered, as it were, to help the dragon? Gojira simply snorted that he could sense something was amiss with the area that the dragon was at. He told her that as soon as she was rested enough, she should get going, and to take a dive in an oceanic chasm near by. A path through the hollow earth would help her reach her destination faster. With that, the elder returned to the water, crashing into the waves, and slinking smoothly back under the waves. Byakkan meanwhile was processing everything that had just happened, and decided to rest for the time being. As soon as she was ready, she would make her way to China...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Somewhere in a forested coast of China...

Walterrus had finally found his way to land, and climbed into the jungles. He could sense the general area of where Mosura was, but he would need to head westward, and by quite a distance if he wanted to get to her in the Yunnan Forest. As he began to do so, he then got the feeling that something was trailing him, and he was not as alone as he thought he was. The thought of being stalked like he was some kind of lower predator, or worse, prey, did not sit well with him. He'd make sure that the stalker would pay... In a more strategic location as he headed northward, intending to lead the stalker into a place where he would turn the tables and surprise the one who was trying to surprise him...

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

It wasn't long before Hashimoto appeared in the doorway to Hidachi's office. The general was in his usual wear, save for a bandage wrapped around his forehead from the previous day's incident. Giving the men a bow, he began to give them a brief rundown of the day ahead.

“The 10th division has set up operations in the affected area; it's only military and scientific personnel there now. We'll get preliminary findings as soon as we arrive to the field command center. I suppose that we're all set to head there now?” he asked.

_____

Just down the hall, Fukazawa was reading a bulletin for the situation in Ueno. He was rather bummed that it wasn't him partaking in this deployment, given that he as a lower-ranking soldier technically wasn't supposed to be at the HQ until inspectors and the higher-levels announced it was safe to do so. The leave the soldiers were subject to was also interrupting his upcoming promotion, as his goal in the JSDF was to be some sort of tech specialist to contend with the monsters running around; it was a personal subject to him, a drive to him being here. In all honesty, if it didn't make him look immature, he would go ask Hashimoto himself if he could partake in the ongoing operation, but he already had an idea for how THAT would go.

Releasing a sigh to himself, he looked on at the other notices posted to the board to see if he could occupy himself with anything for the time being, until the HQ was officially re-opened.
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Fukuoka, Japan
Chirako continued to rampage with reckless abandon. She took the utter most joy in fulfilling her duty and bellowed with glee as she smashed building after building to rubble. Her eye then fell on Arrow and, seeing her partner employing his breath weapon, she changed tactics. She stopped her charge, opened her mouth and unleash as stream of fire upon the city. Soon everything before were a blazing inferno. Meanwhile Arrow paused in his assault, he was hungry. He had not eaten flesh since the day before, having not had a chance to eat the bugs that had attacked them. He looked around and saw humans in the throes of radiation sickness. Easy prey. He walked over to them and snatched a mouthful. He was surprised, the vermin tasted wonderful. But unlike Gorgo, Arrow was not slave to his hunger and with the edge taken off he resumed his radioactive assault.
--------------------------------------------------

The Dinosaur Kingdom
Aroro stepped out of the mouth of the tunnel into light that was a bright as day. She was home.

She stood on a cliff that allowed for a wonderful view of the Dinosaur Kingdom. Primeval Jungle and Grassland where it’s primary features, with several great lakes, but she could also make out notable locations clearly. The Great Swamp off to the West, The Nest Cliffs to the North and the Crystal Forest to the East. There were the arid Foot Hills that made up the interior, where she could also make out some of the Dinosaur Graveyard. All this, her home, was illuminated by powerful crystals embedded in the cavernous roof of the place, which each of which glowed like a mini sun. These miraculous gems are what allowed this the Kingdom to exist. The cavern even had it’s own clouds and weather patterns.

Then there were the Dinosaurs. They could be seen everywhere one cared to look. Herbivores, predators, all manner of species from different periods of earth’s history. But they were not alone, for pterosaurs flew through the skies and marine reptiles rose out of the lakes’s waters. None travelled in herds mind you. They were all too large and powerful for that now. Instead they travelled around alone or in small groups. But their voices could all be heard on the wind.

Aroro had never seen her home from such a vantage point before and the sight struck her with total awe. She never truly understood how beautiful it was till now. Then her eye’s feel on the thing she had subconsciously been avoiding. The most dominating aspect of the Dinosaur Kingdom, The Central Spire.

It rose up from the Foot Hills to the roof of the cavern. A dark, imposing fortress from which the king of this land ruled. Ururu. That terrible feeling washed over her again, like the Dinosaur King was looking right at her. Aroro closed her eyes and steeled herself. She had to go to the Spire, to Ururu, and beg him to let her and Anguirus stay. If he consented to it, no dinosaur would defy him. Of course that all rested on wither or not his ego and intellect outweighed his hate and cruelty at the time.
But that was a worry for later, right now they needed to actually get to him. Hopefully they could get to the Spire without too much trouble. She turned back to Anguirus to gauge his impression of the Kingdom.
-----------------------------------------------------
China
The Dinosaur, once again wearing the form of Gorgo, had quickly made land fall and continued it’s hunt. It could tell it’s prey was near... and that Walterrus knew he was being hunted. Or at least he might. A less experienced hunter would have simple assumed Walterrus had just changed direction, but this dinosaur was a veteran killer. A sudden change in direction could very well mean that it’s quarry had sensed a threat and planed to counter attack.

Perhaps this would not be so dull after all. It knew it’s prey was strong but if it was also smart then this would be a very fun hunt. The dinosaur had grown bored with tracking down weaklings in the Kingdom, even if it was for Ururu. It wanted to a challenge, to spill the blood of a worthy foe.

The dinosaur changed direction and continued to follow Walterrus.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Anguirus looked out over the Dinosaur Kingdom with equal parts wonder and relief. He'd begun to suspect that nothing remained of the world he'd known, but now... now he'd found something that he might be willing to call home. He inhaled through his nostrils, savoring the scent of familiar plants. Some of the new ones were okay, but he'd been crushed by the thought that he might never find his old favorite foods again. And yes, there were dinosaurs in abundance. Like Aroro, they weren't... quite the same as the ones he'd known, but the idea of a whole ecosystem of creatures his own size had a certain appeal to it. He'd always felt just a bit out of place among the ankle-high members of his old herd, though he would miss them if he never managed to find them.

Dominating the landscape, however, was a towering fortress that seemed dark in some strange way, even though the cavern was brightly lit by its bizarre 'suns'. Some deep instinct told him that place was to be avoided, but he knew immediately that Ururu must be there. The Alpha Aroro dreaded so deeply. His presence hung over the entire landscape like an oppressive fog, and looking more closely, Anguirus now noticed some signs that the residents of this land felt it, too. He couldn't see a single dinosaur anywhere near that spire, and all of those in his line of sight kept glancing furtively toward it, as though they couldn't relax even for a moment.

But if the rest of what Aroro had told him was true, they had no choice but to approach this monster and... beg for their lives, apparently? It was an alien notion to Anguirus. Threats to the herd were to be evaded, driven off, or ended, not... whatever this was. Still, he'd given his gentle companion his word, so there was only one thing to do.

Putting himself protectively between Aroro and Ururu's shadowy lair, Anguirus began his descent toward the cavern's floor.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Hidachi and Ryu nodded at the General and rose to their feet. “We are ready when you are sir.” Hidachi replied, “As soon as my pilot Mitzuki gets here, we’ll be good to-”

Mitzuki suddenly and hurriedly barged into the office space, and gave a quick bow of respect. “I’m here, I’m here.” She said whilst breathing heavily.

“Speak of the devil, I was wondering what was taking you so long.” Hidachi remarked.

“My apologies, captain, traffic was brutal on the way here; a semi overturned and took three more cars with it. It’s a miracle that I managed to get here before lunch.” Mitzuki shook her head and uncomfortably adjusted her sling.

Hidachi held up his hand, “Ryu already told me the details, you’re fine, Mitzuki. Now, let’s head out so we can get a good start on things.”

As the three of them made their way out of the office, with Hashimoto in tow, Hidachi noticed a young soldier peering hopelessly at various bulletins posted on the wall in front of him. He seemed rather melancholic about something, so, after a brief pause, Hidachi made his way over to him.

“That’s a rather long face you’ve got, solider. Is everything alright?” He asked.

#BotM

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

The waters around Fukuoka began to churn and bubble as the two monsters laid waste to the city. Yellow flashes of light appeared beneath the waves as a large, black shadow began to come to the surface. Suddenly, the water erupted to reveal the hulking form of Godzilla! The beast leaned back and released a high pitched shriek that would have surely caught the attacking monster's attention. The radioactive beast waded to shore, it's lifeless, unblinking eyes fixated on the two monsters ahead of it.

Godzilla's footsteps would produce a loud metallic crunch, possibly due to the vehicles and buildings he trampled on as he made his way to the war zone. Along the way, Godzilla dug his right fist into the side of a building, completely shearing off the upper half of the structure with an uppercut. Godzilla stopped about 200 meters from the monsters and let out another shriek from it's toothy, grinning maw before raising it's arms in a combat stance.

This whole scene played out on a monitor before Kuronuma who sat in his metallic spinning chair, a fat cigar between his gloved fingers. He chuckled aloud before leaning closer to the monitor in the control room.

"Most excellent! These beasts will serve as perfect guinea pigs for MechaGodzilla's combat abilities!"

He said. Taking a long drag of his cigar, Kuronuma flipped three switches on a blinking metal console before focusing his attention back on the monitor. Kuronuma grabbed a small, oval shaped speaker attached to a black, coiled rubber cord and pressed a button on the side of the speaker before speaking into it.

"MechaGodzilla, commence flame attack! Maintain distance as long as possible!"

As soon as Kuronuma issued his order, Godzilla's dorsal spines flashed a neon green and the beast unleashed a jet of green flame from it's mouth that washed the enemy monsters with it's cleansing light. This was more to get their attention than to cause serious damage.
Last edited by Breakdown on Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Fukuoka, Japan
Arrow and Chirako didn’t know what to make of the new comer at first. It had the appearance of a dinosaur, all be it one they didn’t know, but something was very off about it. It’s movements were unnatural, it’s eyes lifeless and it had no sent. However since it was attacking them without provocation, it was clearly an enemy.

The pair dived in opposite directions to avoid the green flames, their bodies further demolishing more buildings in the process. When they recovered, they regrouped and went on the offensive. Since they knew nothing about their foe, they opted for a combined ranged assault. Arrow once again focused the atomic energy in his body, then began launching blasts of radiation at the new comer. Meanwhile Chirako unveiled the ability she’d been holding back. The giant styracosaurus opened her mouth and a yellow heat ray erupted forth.

The Dinosaur Kingdom
Once they reached the cavern floor, she and Anguirus had stopped to graze on the many plants around them. They had both been travelling for a while and needed the nourishment. She could also tell it was more than that for the male though, the look of contentment he got on his face as he munched away told her he had not tasted his natural food source in some time. It made her happy to see him like this. Yet as time pasted she noticed something was not right. It took her a moment to realise what it was, but then it hit her like a strike from Godzilla. None was coming over to them.

She had been out of the Kingdom and Anguirus was a total stranger, by all rights they should have been attracting a lot of attention. At the very least someone should be asking about them or even getting a little territorial. But instead all the local dinosaurs were giving them a wide birth, an act that was clearly intentional given that they all threw glances her way. As she looked round she looked round she caught sight two dinosaurs she knew. Monora and Torara. She tried to call out to them but the pair just coldly looked at her then moved away. Something was very wrong.

She looked back at Anguirus, who had also become aware of the strange atmosphere himself. She couldn’t help but admire him, here he was in a strange land with possible enemies on all sides and yet, she could not smell the slightest trace of fear from him. Anguirus caught her staring at him, seeming as if he were about to say something, but then looked pasted her at something. Something that caused him to growl and to take up a more defensive posture.

Aroro slowly turned her head back around to see what has upsetting the male. What she saw made her to take an involuntary step backwards.

“What in the hell are THEY doing here!” she thought to herself.

A group of four dinosaurs were coming towards them. Two of them, an allosaur and a stegosaur, were just rank and file solders. Nothing she and Anguirus couldn’t have dealt with. It was the two dinosaurs in the lead that made her blood run cold in her veins.

Dinosaur Executioner Gororo, a pachycephalosaur, and Dinosaur Tornado Mororo, a monoclonius. Two of the Dinosaur Elite, the strongest warriors in the entire Dinosaur Kingdom. All were utterly loyal to the Dinosaur King and acted as his enforces. The two elites were clearly in no hurry, their gaits could easily have been called leisurely. Yet the aura they gave off was anything but, as Aroro could almost taste the malice the pair radiated. Once they were close enough, Gororo called out to her.

“Aroro darlin, long time no see.”
Last edited by Monster X on Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Anguirus didn't like the pachycephalosaur's tone. He didn't like anything about these four newcomers, for that matter. Hostility from the allosaur was one thing, and at first he automatically pegged the carnivore as the real threat here, but as the group closed in, he took in the cocky, swaggering gait of the pachy and the monoclonius. That was outright weird. Herbivores never behaved like that where he was from. Cold brutality radiated palpably from the duo. 'Executioners' and 'enforcers' were foreign concepts to a dinosaur of the old world, but all the same, Anguirus had no doubt that they were sent to kill Aroro and himself, and they were confident they could pull it off.

Well, the first step in avoiding that fate was to let them see that he, too, had self-confidence. It was obvious, not least from the fear he could smell from Aroro, that these punks were accustomed to being feared. He wasn't going to give them that satisfaction. Turning toward Aroro, conspicuously taking his eyes off the threats, he grunted a question, though he was fairly sure he already knew the answer. Was one of these creatures Ururu?

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

The barrage of projectiles collided with Godzilla, causing the beast to stumble backwards but didn't even make it's gaze flinch. Godzilla's flesh sizzled and wisps of smoke and steam rose from the areas where the projectiles hit. Godzilla trudged forward through the barrage of projectiles, seemingly unharmed by them now as it's flesh continued to burn. Once the beast was within striking distance, he grabbed Chirako by the horn and used his other hand to punch the Styracosaurus in the side of the head with a startling amount of force; as if it's fist was made of solid steel.

Godzilla then turned his attention to Gorgo and quickly flexed it's tail in a whipping motion, smashing it's tail into Gorgo's mouth with enough force to make the dinosaur's head spin. With both opponents struck, Godzilla let out a high pitched shriek and unleashed a jet of green flame from his mouth, bathing the two dinosaurs in neon fire.

Back at the base, Kuronuma watched in glee as MechaGodzilla fought the two monsters, taking a drag from his cigar and leaning back in his chair. A lackey approached carrying a silver tray with a chrome bottle and wine glass, placing it on a small table next to Kuronuma's seat. The lackey bowed and departed as Kuronuma placed his cigar in an ashtray, taking the bottle and pouring a green liquid into the wine glass.

"I wonder; are these creature's related to the cyborg the turtle monster destroyed? If so, now would be an excellent opportunity to showcase our might...."

Kuronuma chuckled, looking directly at the two dinosaurs.

"Whoever your master is, I hope he's paying close attention! Hahahahahaha!"

Kuronuma laughed before taking a sip of the green fluid in the wine glass. Kuronuma licked his lips and smiled. Absolutely delicious.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Unknwon Location
The true master of the dinosaurs was indeed paying close attention. How could he overlook such a wonderful piece of craftsmanship. These aliens may be an inferior species but, but their robotic skills were commendable. That didn’t make the fact that his pets attempts at gaining ground on the surface was being interfered with again any less irritating however. It was clear average dinosaur warriors just weren’t going to be a viable option in dealing with their enemies. Thankfully Ururu had sent one of his elites to deal with Walterrus, so hopfully they could start making some headway on that front. But that was far from enough, all the elites were going to be needed and he would have to speed up his work on the mechasaurs. Gallon had been the first and most experimental, but Gamera would not have won so easily if not for the mechasaur just giving up. The others where stronger and soon would be free of that weakness.

Then the figure in the dark was hit by a terrible thought, what if... even that was not enough? He placed his hand upon his head in deep thought. Even if all these creatures were inferior, there were so many of them. Was he going to have to take even more drastic steps? As the figure pondered this terrible possibility, his mind turned to thoughts more bitter sweet.

“Oh Zombina, you’d have made these earth monsters licking her boots clean, and thankful for the privilege.”

It was in these moments that he missed her most. Missed her support, council and dependability. But she was long gone now and he needed to focus.

“I must contact Ururu, we are going to have to alter our strategy.”
---------------------------------

Fukuoka, Japan
Arrow and Chirako just managed to burrow underground before the flames could start to do them serious harm. Hurting but more then able to fight, the pair performed another practiced team attack. Arrow burrowed under the ground of their enemy, making the soil loose, while Chidrako burst up behind them in a full charge. While her attack succeeded in knocking the monster over, Chidrako’s head was ringing from the impact.

Arrow rose from the ground beside her and asked “You ok?” Chidrako shook her head in frustration “What is this thing! I feel like I just charged into a wall of crystal!” Arrow looked over at the unknown monster as it began rising to it’s feet. It was then he saw the patches of silver where it’s flesh had been blown away. “I... think it’s some kind of machine” he said with uncertainty “I think that’s metal under it’s skin.” But who built it and why make it look like one of us?” Chirako wondered out loud. “I don’t know...” said the Allosaur “... and right now I don’t care, it’s our enemy and a very dangerous one. But on my honour as a dinosaur warrior I’ll see it smashed to pieces!”
With that Arrow roared and charged the robot.
---------------------------------

The Dinosaur Kingdom
Aroro didn’t have time to give Anguirus the full breakdown on the Kingdom’s hierarchy, so she kept it short. No, none of them was Ururu and yes they could be trouble, but maybe they could get around them without a fight. Maybe

The giant ankylosaur then turned back to the other dinosaurs, gave a quick bow and replied to the elites. “Hello Gororo, and to you Mororo. It has been a while but if you don’t mind I’m in a hurry, you see we are going to see Uru...”

“We?” interrupted Gororo “Who’s we?” As he continued to move closer, the Executioner tilted his head to get a better look at Anguirus, who met the giant pachy’s gaze. An amused expression appeared on Gororo’s face as he realised that he was being stood up to. “Don’t recall ever lain eyes on him or any ah his kin before darling. Where’s Tough Guy from?” “A fact I too would be very interested to know.” Said Mororo as the group came to a stop a few meters away.

Aroro had suspected she was going to be asked this question but the appearance of the elites had put her off kilter, making her reply for less confident then she meant it to be. “H... he’s from the surface! I met him while I was up there and he was interested in coming to live in the Kingdom. I... We were going to request an audience with our King and request for him to be allowed to stay”.

The two elites gave each other a strange look before they replied. “Well that sounds more than reasonable...” began Mororo, which caused Aroro’s eyes to light up with hope. “... but sadly” continued Gororo “There‘s been ah few changes while yah where topside.” Aroro’s heart sank “Bu... B... But why!? How!? I haven’t even been gone a full day! What could have...!” She was interrupted by the sickeningly reasonable voice of Mororo. “Last night some dissenters made an attempt on King Ururu’s life, in protest of our plans to rise and retake the surface”.

Gororo picked up the explanation once more “So big boss calls us elites all up and tells us there’s gonna be some changes round ere. We’re tah go on patrol an deal with any trouble makers, permanently.” The Executioner grinned maliciously. “An yah two pretty much fit the bill.”

“But I just told you that we...” Aroro began before she was yet again interrupted “Wanna see the King” said Gororo “Sounds pretty suspect tah me, what’d yah think Mororo?” “Why defiantly” replied the monoclonius “Aroro, you are guilty of disobeying a direct command from Dinosaur King Ururu. A crime second only to trying to take his life in severity. Now you want to see him in person, with the stranger at your tail no less. Very suspicious.”

Gororo chimed in once more “Plus Tough Guy here...” he pointed to Anguirus “... as been nothin but rude since we met. Not ah good look darling, not by ah long shot.”

This entire situation was exactly what Aroro had wanted to avoid. She and Anguirus were going to be attacked, practically as soon as they set foot in the Kingdom. The sorrow she felt at this was almost too much for her to bear. She had finally found a decent male and the possibility of a peaceful future, and it was all going to be ripped to pieces before it even had a chance to bloom. She was about to say to the male that they needed to flee, when Gororo spoke again.

“But yah been a model dinosaur before all this, ah we ain’t unreasonable. We’s gonna give yah a chance to prove yahselves. We’ll let yah go see the boss... if Tough Guy there can beat me in one on one.”
------------------------------------

The Central Spire, Dinosaur Kingdom
Ururu slumbered in the darkness of his home, his belly full with eh flesh of his enemies. By all rights the Dinosaur King should have been the picture of serenity. Instead his features were in discomfort while his eyes moved rapidly in their sockets.

He dreamed of fire. Fire that didn’t only burn the flesh but the mind, the spirit and his very DNA. That seeped into his very being and changed him. It made him strong, so very strong... but it still burned. No matter what he did the fire just kept burning him from within. Not the coldest water nor the most peaceful sleep could ever completely free him from it’s touch. It also did worse then hurt him, it reminded him that he was no longer himself. He was what it had made him. A thing. A monster that didn’t truly belong anywhere.

It wasn’t fair! Why did he have to hurt! Why did he have to suffer! WHY! Everyone else belonged! Everyone else could rest!

None helped! They all just hurt him more! Especially those... HUMANS! THEY DID THIS TO HIM! THEY MADE THE FIRE! THEY BURNED HIM! HURT HIM IN A WAY NO LIVING THING SHOULD BE HURT!

HE’D BURN THEM! MAKE THEM SUFFER AS HE’D SUFFERD! HE’D DESTROY THEM AND ANYTHING THAT GOT IN HIS WAY!

DESTROY!!!

Ururu started awake. His breathing heavy and the memory of that all consuming rage fresh in his mind. "What was that?" the Dinosaur King wondered allowed. He sat up and tried to work out what that had all been about. He'd never felt or dreamt anything like that befor. No... no he had felt something like that... but only very recently.

"...Godzilla"
Last edited by Monster X on Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:25 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

The cyborg awoke abruptly. He had received some sort of jolt in his mind. Something that startled him. Like a shock. His cybernetic HUD started flashing a warning signal. Gigan, curious, investigated the signal, while sitting up in his new cave home.

It hadn’t been very difficult for him to dispatch the pathetic bugs that had been living there. Without their spider to lead them, they were unprepared and uncoordinated. The Cyborg bared his teeth in what resembled a grin as he searched through his HUD for what had generated the strange signal. He then bit into a mantis leg as he looked through his data net.

Then he saw it. Live footage from a city called Fukuoka, from one of those human news helicopters. He gave the equivalent of a smirk upon seeing that his target has reared its ugly head at last. He chirped a bit to himself, before getting to his feet.

Well, there was no point in wasting any more time. It was time to see what this beast was made of.
And with that, he took off into the air, making his way to Fukuoka.
Last edited by Gojirawars 03 on Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Koji Sada was among the first of several research teams to be in the Ueno area in the wake of the mysterious tremors that occurred overnight. It was a part of his job, after all. Personally, he found it to be rather peculiar that the prime minister would focus immediate troop deployments in a area where no monsters were known to have struck rather than contend with the creatures. At the same time, the reasoning was simple: troop preservation. He had just witnessed Eisaku Satō finish another press conference, the third in the last 24 hours, and his weariness showed. From the new technology of satellite television, the professor witnessed the whole speech. The prime minister spoke of the ongoing crisis very passionately, insisting that he and the nation's other leaders were doing everything they can to combat the threat, but a tactic of firefighting coupled with search and rescue operations were to be the standard protocol after the failure of the military bombardment in Osaka the day prior; until specialized units were truly ready for deployment, that is. During this speech he also took aim at the political climate of the rest of the world, lamenting that the other formidable military powers in the world rather continue to wage war in southeast Asia or elsewhere rather than unite to fight a force that could destroy them tomorrow. No mention of Koji's findings from several nights ago, the undeniable presence of extraterrestrials somewhere on this planet.. But mentioning that on top of all these monsters wouldn't help his cause. The point of this speech was to give the populace in some degree of assurance, to not fear that this is the end of times.

After commenting on the speech with some of the military personnel who also witnessed the speech in the field command center, Koji then went to focus on his papers once again, analyzing the many oddities that he had documented: reports of radiation that no Geiger counter could now trace, fierce fires that had already subsided, and the uneven fractures in the ground, with no clear epicenter present. What did it all mean? The professor could only wander deep into thought about the circumstances and what caused them while he waited for the commanders of this operation to arrive from Tokyo. His next move would be on their directive.

_____

The dismayed Fukazawa looked over to see that not only was Hidachi there, but so were his lieutenants, as well as General Hashimoto himself! Immediately attempting to look as postured and alert as possible, the soldier let out a hasty “N-not at all, sir!”

His voice couldn't hide his emotion however, and he knew the leaders before him now could easily read it as well. It seemed as though he was surely in for it this time. Perhaps he could try being honest, if indirectly.

“It's just.. This leave imposed on most of us from yesterday's attack leaves a bit of an emptiness in me; I am at a loss of how to occupy myself when not coming here to aid this nation. It's almost like I want to partake in this deployment you ordered in Nagano, simply put,” he let out with a slight hint of apprehension, expecting a scoff from the superiors in front of him.
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!