The Gorilla Whale Hub

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Re: The Gorilla Whale Hub

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

Wondering if I should write the post for Gigan's arrival now, or wait until the time skip happens. I feel like I should wait, but at this point with Gamera arriving in Osaka, I think it may be a while until we reach the time skip.

So I'm indecisive.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

That all depends on how Gamera reacts to Walterrus' action. I mean, I can change it if Breakdown's having any issues with Gamera's reaction, but at this point, it might better serve the story to have the protector kaiju solve this peacefully, as much as I would love to have Walterrus and Gamera throw down myself. XD There's already been plenty of action, so some time to calm down a bit, let things simmer and stuff would probably be a good idea.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Yeah, I would say to wait until the skip happens in order to give things time to calm down and have a sense of, “normalcy”, before bringing Gigan in.

#BotM

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Finally got my post up. Between work, my new tattoo and friends it was a busy week lol.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

At this point, I'm just sorta waiting for nighttime to fall before I post in the game once again. The show is kinda you guys at the moment, for I don't really have anything that isn't filler at this time.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Same here, once nighttime falls I’ll have some more meaningful stuff in the oven.
Finally got my post up. Between work, my new tattoo and friends it was a busy week lol.
Oh cool! I’ve been longing to get another tattoo myself for awhile now. What is it of?
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

#BotM

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

Missingno. wrote:At this point, I'm just sorta waiting for nighttime to fall before I post in the game once again. The show is kinda you guys at the moment, for I don't really have anything that isn't filler at this time.
Same, although most of my posts even after the timeskip will proably end up being filler. :lol:
-Dr. Asimov

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Godzilla165 wrote:Same here, once nighttime falls I’ll have some more meaningful stuff in the oven.
Oh cool! I’ve been longing to get another tattoo myself for awhile now. What is it of?
The Enclave logo from Fallout. I already have a Decepticon insignia on my right shoulder and Godzilla written in japanese on my forearm.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Too late in the evening now for me to get something up. Too over-stuffed from dinner with family friends to really compose something coherent tonight, sorry guys. Will see what tomorrow brings, and hopefully get the reply Walterrus is going to give Gamera.

Also, JAGZilla, two minds, huh?

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

^ Yep. One is Battra, obviously, and I guess there's no point in being mysterious about the other, so: it's Belvera. I always figured Battra should have his own Shobijin equivalent, and she's just been sitting around gathering dust since the '90s, so why not repurpose her? I should note that I haven't seen the ROM trilogy in quite a few years and my memories are vague, so I'm pretty much just making my own incarnation from scratch.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

Kaiju:

Name: Kumonga
Height: 45 Meters
Weight: 8,000 Metric Tons
Powers/Abilities: Pincers, retractable stinger beneath pincers, web-shooting, web nets, web projectiles, super high-jump, enhanced kaleidoscopic vision, paralysis venom released from stinger.
Personality: Kumonga is a hunter, who mostly just fights and attacks other creatures for food. He simply acts out of instinct and basic survival necessity. While he is not really considered intelligent, he is capable of creating semi-complex traps designed to ensnare prey, and has been shown able to "play dead" to fool prey into getting too close, as well as to avoid attack from other predators.
Backstory: Kumonga was discovered by scientists on Solgel Island in 1964, where it was seen attacking the then-newly-hatched Godzilla Junior. Godzilla had arrived and driven Kumonga away. The spider has since moved to Monster Island, where it seems to have established itself as a surrogate leader in the hierarchy of the Kamacuras population present on the island. It now apparently coordinates attacks and hunts for the Kamacuras living there. The Kamacuras, in turn, seem to obey the giant spider based on some sort of instinctual symbiotic bond between the two species. It is possible that the same type of relationship existed between ancestors of these two species back during the Carboniferous Period of Earth's history.
Last edited by Gojirawars 03 on Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Dr. Asimov

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Ok so I've got this idea, wanted to see what you thought...

Name: Anti-Godzilla a.k.a The Dark King

Height: 70 meters (Normally) - 90 meters (Critical Mass)

Weight: 50'000 tons (Normally) - 70'000 (Critical Mass)

Appearance: Almost identical to Godzilla, although facial features are somewhat different. Skin colour is beige, with dorsal spins, claws and teeth being black. Eyes a pure, glowing yellow. At his critical mass stage, his apperances becomes more like that of Legendery Godzilla.

Powers/Abilities: While his physical attributes are on par with Godzilla's, Anti-Godzilla's other abilities differ greatly from the King of the Monster's. First and foremost, Anti-Godzilla consumes matter through physical contact. It achieves this though a complex process. Firstly it's body is surrounded by a field of anti-atomic energy which breaks down the atomic structure of anything it comes into contact with. This matter is then absorbed into Anti-Godzilla's body, while still bathed in anti-atomic energy, and then converted into anti-matter and assimilated fully. The speed of this process varies, if Anti-Godzilla is focus solely on feeding it can be very quick, while if in combat it can be relatively slow. He's also able alter the strength of this ability across different parts of his body at once, so for example he's able to walk around normal without absorbing all the matter underneath him and eating his way to the planets core. That said he dose absorb the surface matter he makes contact with at all times. He's Anti-Atomic Breath, which appears as a yellow stream of energy, functions identically to Godzilla's. He also possess a variation of Godzilla's Nuclear Pulse, however this "Anti-Radiation Zone" baths the surrounding area in anti-radiation which burns, melts and breaks down objects in it's radius over time. Likely due to his ability to absorb matter, Anti-Godzilla is able to heal injures faster then Godzilla but due to his body instability he is somewhat less durable to attacks. As Anti-Godzilla absorbs matter beyond what he needs to simple fuel his body, he is able to apply this excess matter in a number of ways. Firstly he can generate tentacles to increase his reach and is able to fire weaker Anti-Atomic Rays from them. As he continues feeding, he will begin to grow in size and power until he reach's his critical mass. At critical mass he is able to use the "Full Power" Anti-Atomic Breath.

While powerful, Anti-Godzilla is not invincible. While his aura of anti-radiation burns anything he comes in contact with, it's is not a barrier to attacks, physical attacks can pass through to his skin as can energy attacks, although he's a somewhat weakened as they pass through. His primary weakness is ironically atomic radiation. Radiation and Anti-Radiation will cancel eachother out on contact, with the greater of the two erasing the other if there is an imbalance.

Personality: Anti-Godzilla is the Ying to Godzilla's Yang. If the King of the Monsters is viewed as a walking disaster, then the Dark King is the ultimate predator. He is not a truly evil being, but Godzilla's potential for balance and destruction inverted to domination and consumption. Due to the unstable nature of his body, Anti-Godzilla is forced to often seek out matter to maintain his equilibrium. As a result it will often target cities, for not only do they possess large quantities of biomass (humans) but also large amounts of processed ores and minerals not found in nature. Kaiju are also targeted as they present uniquely large amounts of often equally unique matter. Anti-Godzilla instinctively hates radiation and will aggressively seek to destroy any he finds, erasing it with his own anti-radiation. Despite his is highly predatory and aggressive nature, Anti-Godzilla is not a cruel being and doesn't seek to make his prey suffer more then need be.

Backstory: The exact origin of Anti-Godzilla is something of a mystery. The events that led up to his existence in our world are known but exactly what happened isn't. In attempt to destroy Godzilla once and for all, the Japanese government was in discussion about the development of an "Anti-Matter" weapon. However befor full scale development could begin, the team involved with the project had to provide evidence that it would actually work. The researchers set up a small scale experiment which involved exposing G-Cells to anti-matter partials. The result were catastrophic. The explotion exceeded all their predictions and had nearly destroyed the facility. As a result, the project was deemed too dangerous and was shut down. However during all the confusion of that day, none seemed to notice an odd trail leading from the laboratory. It was small at first, looking like someone had poured a thin stream of acid along the ground. In the shrubland away from the lab, the trail began to increase in size and by the time it reached a local river, there was the impression of claw marks ether side of the trail. Several days later the world would know the terror of Anti-Godzilla.

This is based on an idea I've been working on for a while now, although it's still a little rough around the egdes. I've toned it down a bit to try and keep Anti-Godzilla from being op. "Critical Mass" Anti-Godzilla is his version of Burning Godzilla and ment to be a boss monster.
Last edited by Monster X on Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Awesome idea, mate :), very interesting character! Though, I will say that I don’t necessarily think that Anti-Godzilla would have too much of a place in a smaller, and more intimate story like this one. I feel as though he wouldn’t have much room to really breathe properly here, but in a much larger and more grandiose scaled RP like say, Uprising was, Anti Godzilla would be an awesome addition.

Again, very cool character though, dude ;).

#BotM

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Godzilla165 wrote:Awesome idea, mate :), very interesting character! Though, I will say that I don’t necessarily think that Anti-Godzilla would have too much of a place in a smaller, and more intimate story like this one. I feel as though he wouldn’t have much room to really breathe properly here, but in a much larger and more grandiose scaled RP like say, Uprising was, Anti Godzilla would be an awesome addition.

Again, very cool character though, dude ;).

I see your point. I’ll save him for a bigger RPG setting or if this one blows up more.

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

So, since there was't a lot of activity happening here recently, I decided to just write a filler chapter to introduce Kumonga. Not telling anyone to speed things along or anything like that. I was just bored and had some spare time. I enjoyed giving a much more horror-like sentiment to the kaiju who is literally a giant spider, as I felt it was quite the appropriate tone for a monster with such an infamous fear factor behind it. Hope nobody here has too much arachnophobia, lol.

Edit: It's been a while and I'm starting to become genuinely concerned that nobody has said a word since like 3 weeks ago...
Well, anyways, still not in a rush, i just felt like we were on a roll before, and now everyone's gone quiet very suddenly...
Last edited by Gojirawars 03 on Mon May 13, 2019 7:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
-Dr. Asimov

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

@breakdown, Hey, if you need me to rewrite anything to make it easier for you to have Gamera reply, I'm not above it and will do it. Just let me know, ok?

Anyways, got some ideas. Since we know Godzilla can be grown with nuclear energy, if it's more modern that is, what about having contemporary Showa nuclear power simply power him up, rather than grow him? We don't really want to get into another situation of escalating growths of the monsters as in the last rp. Plus, some would be left in the dust if we did, like Anguirus for example. XD;; But for Walterrus, since he hasn't gotten to his standard size(He's still got growing to do), what about the lack of radiation from the planet stunting his growth and the growth of other monsters from the Legendary Godzilla's time, and modern nuclear energy being more like radiation of that age? Could leave some potential for growth in the future for nuclear powered beasts and possible sequels to this rp.

Speaking of Legendary Godzilla, since I made direct mention of him through Walterrus' bio, thoughts and communication with other Kaiju, what about the nuclear tests actually being attempts by the government, in secret, to destroy that Godzilla, and it simply wound up creating the 1954 Godzilla and the current one while doing nothing to the Legendary Godzilla, but sending him to hide for a time? What's the thoughts on this? I myself am actually fond of the idea of humanity trying to destroy a perceived threat, and screwing itself over further by its reckless actions as a result. XD Plus, would be fitting if the other Godzillas were tied to the Legendary Godzilla in this way.

Finally, if you, @Godzilla165 were to allow the use of a showa Legendary Godzilla, would a height of around 78.6 meters be short enough? Higher than Godzilla, but still reasonable, and not taller than Gamera. That would also be explainable by the lack of planet radiation stunting his growth as well, and monsters who wish to get more of it would need to get closer to the core if they could follow the right paths in the hollow earth. Don't worry, Monster X, we could work it so that it wouldn't give an easy way to the dinosaur kingdom. For me, Walterrus simply doesn't go down the paths since he's not sure he could find a reliable path to getting closer to the radioactive core for it's purer radiation, thus meaning his growth takes longer. (In the eons he's been alive, Walterrus has only grown fifteen meters taller since the end of that radioactive era.)

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I could have some nuclear incident come along and mutate Anguirus into a larger form if need be. I don't have any problem with that. And then Battra is essentially magical, anyway, so I feel like he can just pull out a size-changing power if he needs one.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

JAGzilla wrote:I could have some nuclear incident come along and mutate Anguirus into a larger form if need be. I don't have any problem with that. And then Battra is essentially magical, anyway, so I feel like he can just pull out a size-changing power if he needs one.
If we're gonna be growing/resizing monsters, I could easily just have the Xilliens genetically modify Gigan, or even just feed him some Alien growth hormones or something. Just what every young cyborg alien dinosaur needs to grow big and strong, lmao.
Last edited by Gojirawars 03 on Fri May 17, 2019 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Dr. Asimov

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Finally, if you, @Godzilla165 were to allow the use of a showa Legendary Godzilla, would a height of around 78.6 meters be short enough? Higher than Godzilla, but still reasonable, and not taller than Gamera. That would also be explainable by the lack of planet radiation stunting his growth as well, and monsters who wish to get more of it would need to get closer to the core if they could follow the right paths in the hollow earth. Don't worry, Monster X, we could work it so that it wouldn't give an easy way to the dinosaur kingdom. For me, Walterrus simply doesn't go down the paths since he's not sure he could find a reliable path to getting closer to the radioactive core for it's purer radiation, thus meaning his growth takes longer. (In the eons he's been alive, Walterrus has only grown fifteen meters taller since the end of that radioactive era.)
Sure, Carter. That’s only really an 8 meter tall difference and wouldn’t be too too drastic. It should be fine, I think ;). And as far as the RP itself goes, everyone, once we get through the altercation between Gamera, Walterrus and Byakan, we’ll be good to go with the time jump and get the story moving again.

No rush, but that’s where we stand at the moment.

#BotM

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

People? Here? What? :lol:

I'll reiterate what I said previously in that I'm sort of at a stump in terms of my character story progression, because I'm trying to employ that "slow burn" effect for introducing my monsters. My next post will do just that, it's just a matter of day turning to night. I am keeping a watchful eye here in the meantime, so I'll be ready when things get moving again. I'd hate to see this die when I put more of a human cast in here than a monster one.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!