The Gorilla Whale Hub

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Re: The Gorilla Whale Hub

Post by Godzilla165 »

Missingno. wrote:I'll try getting a post up shortly, since I finally have a day off.. Work has just been kicking me in the rear lately, since the management quietly moved me over to the night shift, which means I now leave around 2:20 A.M. at the earliest.
Ouch, that’s rough dude, I hope you can manage. I’ve been working nights for roughly 6 months now, and I still haven’t gotten used to it (just not a night person). I feel your pain mate.

#BotM

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Yuck, night shift... Take care of yourself, man. I'm not a night shift person either, not exactly a morning person, but I can't handle staying up to past midnight either anymore. Not without feeling super drained in the morning anyways. And at 33, me possibly being the oldest in this thing, though not on the forums I'm sure, though technically still young, it's not good even though I can be a night owl. XD;; So I understand the pain from the times I had worked late into the night... Last time I did it, I wound up having to stay up until 3 in the morning just so I could properly wind down enough to sleep well. And I had it less rough as I could get off at 11:30 in the evening. So I feel for ya.

Edit: Also, I was getting the impression that there had been two tremors the previous night in the rp. One that was caused by the Mysterians, and one caused by Gamera. So, uh? ^^;;
Last edited by Dr. Carter on Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Dr. Carter wrote:Yuck, night shift... Take care of yourself, man. I'm not a night shift person either, not exactly a morning person, but I can't handle staying up to past midnight either anymore. Not without feeling super drained in the morning anyways.
This. This is exactly how I feel. I was going to post a statement just like that earlier, but ended up canceling the post as I couldn't think of how to word it. Thing is, I feel perfectly fine getting up at 5:30 for the morning shift at 7 AM, but staying up until 2 AM is just not for me.. Not that management will listen. To that end, hopefully I get a response from the latest job I've applied for, as they need a morning person there.
Dr. Carter wrote:Edit: Also, I was getting the impression that there had been two tremors the previous night in the rp. One that was caused by the Mysterians, and one caused by Gamera. So, uh? ^^;;
As far as I was aware, Gamera only flew by the Diet Building; the only earthquake should have been from The Mysterians and nobody else. I guess I'll have to go back and look?
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Well, when Gamera sealed up the hole that Gorgo had come through initially, the blast was said to have created shock waves that would have been felt for miles. A bit on the vague side, to be sure, but I ran with it for better or worse.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I've been on night shift (10 PM to 7 AM) for about a year and a half, and I'm still not totally used to it. It just isn't natural, sleeping during the day, and I have take melatonin pills and maintain a fairly strict schedule to be able to actually sleep. It sucks. :lol:

I'll get an Anguirus post up in a little while. I've been procrastinating for the last few days.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

You weren't the only one kind of procrastinating Jag. XD;; But I got a post out, and it looks like our first beam struggle is about to happen. Oh man, the blast from the ending of that should be something. XD;;

But anyways, yeah, you really gotta be a true night owl to make it work. Fun fact, in the past, humans used to be somewhat more nocturnal, sleeping for a few hours when it got dark, then waking up in the middle of the night to do some stuff, and then sleeping for the remainder of the night. And yes, eating was one of those things, which is likely where the idea of a midnight snack came from.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I’m honestly looking to move on to something else at this point. The lack of any reasonable amount of sleep is starting to get to me, and I just haven’t had enough time to spend with the wife and kiddies. Like JAG said, it’s just not bloody natural, this :lol:.

In any case, gonna try to get a post up later today, if sleep permits.
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#BotM

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Been waiting on Gojirawars and Monster X to post, since Draborgman and Yamato are tied up with the latter's characters and Gojira is in a battle involving the former's and Breakdown's characters along with Yoko and Kensugi. I'll try to continue what I can with Gojira, maybe see what Walterrus and Byakkan are up to, and also answer where Mothra is. Taichi needs something to do himself, so I'll have to figure out that angle...

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Sorry about the long absence everyone. I'll have my next post up this sunday.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Not gonna lie, I felt bad for Chirako and Arrow.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

Monster X wrote:Sorry about the long absence everyone. I'll have my next post up this sunday.
Wait, it said Gigan mortally wounded Chirako, but I forget what I did... unless it was Gamera that did it.

Also, sorry for the absence, guys. I'll work on my next post for Gigan very soon.

On another note, I've never actually seen The Mysterians. Does anybody know where I could find it? I keep reading Missingno's posts and being extremely confused the entire time.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Gojirawars 03 wrote:
Monster X wrote:Sorry about the long absence everyone. I'll have my next post up this sunday.
Wait, it said Gigan mortally wounded Chirako, but I forget what I did... unless it was Gamera that did it.
Gigan attacked Gamera, Gamera grabbed Chirako (who was attacking him) and used her as a meat shield.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Gojirawars 03 wrote:On another note, I've never actually seen The Mysterians. Does anybody know where I could find it? I keep reading Missingno's posts and being extremely confused the entire time.
H e r e s y !

I found my copy on Amazon about 5 years ago, but I can PM a safe link to an English dub of the movie if you want to see it before putting some money towards it (since we can't discuss unofficial sources on the board publicly). Not a bad movie at all to me, but everyone's taste is different.
Last edited by Missingno. on Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

So, I’ll try to to get a good post up either tonight or tomorrow depending; some more issues with family have kind of had me in a funk these past few days or so. In any case, thank you all for your incredible patience once again.

But, on another more high spirited note, how would you all feel, especially those of you whom I’ve revealed my current roadmap to, if instead of going straight to Gorilla Whale sequel, we spun off and did something crazy and unique IE: Into the Spiderverse... But with Godzilla? I dunno, I feel like that’d be really fun, or we could just go full steam ahead into a direct follow up type of game; either or would hypothetically be fine with me.

Obviously, TGW is the current main focus and I’d love for us to actually get to finish an RP for once, but just food for thought for later on, I guess.
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#BotM

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

Godzilla165 wrote:So, I’ll try to to get a good post up either tonight or tomorrow depending; some more issues with family have kind of had me in a funk these past few days or so. In any case, thank you all for your incredible patience once again.

But, on another more high spirited note, how would you all feel, especially those of you whom I’ve revealed my current roadmap to, if instead of going straight to Gorilla Whale sequel, we spun off and did something crazy and unique IE: Into the Spiderverse... But with Godzilla? I dunno, I feel like that’d be really fun, or we could just go full steam ahead into a direct follow up type of game; either or would hypothetically be fine with me.

Obviously, TGW is the current main focus and I’d love for us to actually get to finish an RP for once, but just food for thought for later on, I guess.

If we did a Godzillaverse, I have complete dibs on Shin Gojira.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Ehhhh, doing that before any of the sequels just seems redundant to me, as I feel like it'd sap the potential from that roadmap you have planned out. Maybe after the saga we have here finishes (as in all 4-ish), but not during their run.
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Mhm, this idea was honestly a spur of the moment type of deal in the first place, something that just came to mind like, 2 days ago maybe. So after the sequels and whatnot, depending upon if we have the grace of the RP gods, we do a Godzillaverse thing.

When that happens, Shin is all yours, Gojiwars ;).

#BotM

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Godzilla165 wrote:Mhm, this idea was honestly a spur of the moment type of deal in the first place, something that just came to mind like, 2 days ago maybe. So after the sequels and whatnot, depending upon if we have the grace of the RP gods, we do a Godzillaverse thing.

When that happens, Shin is all yours, Gojiwars ;).
Wait what?? I called him like 10 pages ago but we had "too many Godzillas" but now we've had 2 more Godzilla's since then.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Gojira: *Kirk thornton's Shadow voice* How many more of these unnatural Godzillas are there?..

I kind of side with Missi on this one with the Godzillaverse. As much as it'd be fun, and could open the door to other possibilities, it might be best to hold off for the time being. The decision is ultimately yours, Godzilla165. Also, yes, I remember Breakdown making that dib call a while back. Though I don't know where the second Godzilla was after that one... I know there is the main Godzilla, Godzilla Junior, Gojira and Shirojira(If Vatarian decides to return) was the other one... Where's the second Godzilla to come after Shirojira?

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

On a different subject, would anyone mind if I called dibs on Megaguirus and Kong?

While I do have an army of dinosaurs and some mechasaurs, they are just window dressing and there to get stomped. The Dinosaur Kingdom is learning that they are’t the biggest kids in the play ground and will be looking to bolster there ranks.
Last edited by Monster X on Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.