The Gorilla Whale Hub

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Missingno.
G-Grasper

Re: The Gorilla Whale Hub

Post by Missingno. »

nuuuuuuu pls wait, my car had issues that I've spent all day resolving. I'm continuing the writing of my post now.

Edit 2: Sorry for the rushed post, didn't want to hold up the RP any longer.
Last edited by Missingno. on Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Alright, the time skip has been made guys. Sorry for the wait, work has been killer these past few weeks.

#BotM

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I gave the Mysterians an opening to join in with my latest post.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

Breakdown wrote:I gave the Mysterians an opening to join in with my latest post.
Alright, I will definitely take advantage of the opening, perhaps when the current day in the game turns to night. It will also give me a springboard to introduce another character on that same token. Of course, so much as to not jump ahead, I'll give it a little wait before the time comes.
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Wasn't it already night though?.. Or did I misread the time stamps? Well, regardless, I took advantage of the time skip myself. XD;; Hoo boy are the people still in Osaka gonna panic... And all because Walterrus is simply unaware of how paranoid humans are in this "mordern" age. XD

Also, since it seems PCs are a thing here after all, I went ahead and used Cole's visit to the KDRC as a chance to explain that, if only just vaguely. XD;; Thank you for that stroke of genius, Breakdown.

While on the subject, feel free to use the KDRC as you wish guys. Consider it my own contribution to the story, and besides, we gotta have some kind of research organization dedicated to kaiju that's government funded or something. Of course, there's also MONARCH, but we can bring that in later if anyone really wants to. Besides, we might need some sort of place for any Ultras, and similar Heroes, that might come along to call a base of operations.

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Gorgo's heading to Osaka.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Wasn't it already night though?.. Or did I misread the time stamps? Well, regardless, I took advantage of the time skip myself. XD;; Hoo boy are the people still in Osaka gonna panic... And all because Walterrus is simply unaware of how paranoid humans are in this "mordern" age. XD
Yeah, it wasn't really that big of a skip, just to get us through the night. Call it a, "time step". Time hop? Time cough? Time...

#BotM

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Godzilla165 wrote:
Yeah, it wasn't really that big of a skip, just to get us through the night. Call it a, "time step". Time hop? Time cough? Time...
Haha, yeah, I get it. XD

Also, Monster X, looks like Gorgo may be in for a fight when he gets to Osaka and finds Walterrus. Assuming Walterrus doesn't conclude his own investigation first and isn't interrupted. Which, may happen, as Byakkan can move surprisingly fast when she wants to... Or the JSDF may or may not launch an attack on Walterrus to try and drive him off... *winkwinknodnodtogamemaster* :lol:

Anyways, just gonna leave these here for later with regards to eventual big bads...

Hedorah
Spoiler:
Name: Hedorah
Height:
-Water Form: 0.1milimeters-20 meters long
-Land Form: 35 meters
-Flying Form: 45 meters long
-Final Form?: 80 meters
???: Too terrifyingly big.
Weight: Variable based on size. Final Form? is around 85,000 tons though. (Would have made it heavier since it was more than twice Godzilla’s weight originally… How?..)
Appearance:
https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/image ... _water.htm
https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/image ... h_land.htm
https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/image ... ah_fly.htm
https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/images/hedorah71.htm
Powers/Abilities:
-Due to being composed of sludge, physical attacks do little harm and punches can simply pass through with no harm otherwise except if aimed for the eyes.
-Can fire Acidic Mud. (All Forms)
-Body has a corrosive effect. (Can reduce any living thing submerged in the muck to the bone after a mere few seconds and destroy virtually any metal.)
-Extraordinary Jumper
-Toxicity increases as it consumes more pollution.
-Able to join with other Hedorahs to change its form and size.
-Immune to radiation and the effects of Godzilla’s Atomic Ray and similar weapons.
-Flying Form can reach up to Mach 1, and Land Form can fly in emergency situations.
-Flying and Final Form?s can fire Crimson Energy Beams from the top of their eyes that create toxic smoke upon impact.
-Flying Form releases sulfuric acid mist in flight which is capable of temporarily knocking Godzilla down for a time just from how suffocating the effects are. These can also destroy buildings in less than a minute.
-Final Form can discharge vast amounts of sludge.
-Is able to switch between flying and final forms at will.
-Dehydration is the best method of killing it.
Personality: Initially little more than animalistic at first, it becomes more intelligent as it grows in size. It is hungry for pollution and is constantly searching for it like a junkie looking for their next high. Anything that gets in the way is treated with extreme hostility until it is brushed aside, but once it attains final form status, the creature becomes very cruel and sadistic. One of its favorite things to do is to grab a kaiju while in flying form, carry it through the air while forcefully blowing its sulfuric acid mist jets in the victim’s face, and then dropping said victim from the air and letting them slide into a pit. It then discharges sludge into the pit and laughs gleefully at the torment and slow death it has inflicted upon its victim. It otherwise seeks to fulfill the goal of spreading its kind all through the universe in an effort to turn everything into Hedorah and a polluted wasteland, which is a paradise for it. It only fears one thing though, and that is anything with the power to dehydrate it, for dehydration is the guaranteed method of killing it.
Backstory: In the deepest reaches of space, in the dark gas nebula of the Orion Constellation was the home planet of the Hedorah race. Initially microscopic in size to easily attach to meteors and comets for travel, it begins to grow upon finding a suitable planet with a good source of pollution. Many worlds have fallen to the Hedoran menace, and many races know that a single Hedorah can ultimately doom a planet if not totally destroyed. It was thought that they were destroyed when their planet of origin was destroyed by the Draborgmen in effort to end the threat, along with any other world that had been Hedoraformed. Unfortunately for Earth, not all were destroyed with some meteors being out there still that contain a Hedorah, and one such meteor has come to land in the ocean… The beginning of a new infestation is only a matter of time now…(More to be revealed in time.)
King Ghidorah
Spoiler:
Name: King Ghidorah
Height: 125 meters
Weight: 60,000 tons
Appearance: https://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/images/kg64.htm
Powers/Abilities:
-Flight at Mach 3 in atmosphere(Mach 400 in space in either its normal form or meteor form.)
-Can cocoon itself in a meteor for long distance travel.
-Gravity beams
-Hurricane force winds from wings.
-Antigravity flight.
-Scales have the ability to disperse beams and thus make Godzilla’s Atomic Ray of no effect against it.
-Even before that it has a force field that prevents other projectile attacks from harming it in addition to its kaiju level of durability anyways with conventional military grade weapons. Physical blows from a kaiju are a different matter though… But even those take a while to do any meaningful damage.
-Posses an ability to heal severe damage so long as it is not killed.
Personality: Cruel, sadistic, uncaring, unsympathetic and merciless. King Ghidorah lives for just a few things and these things only. Death, pain and destruction. Nothing else is of meaning to this demon, and it only seeks to bring the universe closer to the end of all things. For what purpose, even King Ghidorah may not know. Perhaps just for the fun of it?
Backstory: No one knows from whence this abomination originates, nor does anyone know why it exists. But in this case, the making of one’s own destiny means nothing but doom and gloom for any who see this golden demon. Ghidorah has ravaged countless worlds over the eons, and while it bypassed Earth once, it did not spare Venus, turning it into the wasteland we know today. Now it has set its three headed sights on Earth… Oh the fun it will have turning this gem of a world into a land of death and ruin.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Progress update: okay, due to a bunch of stupidity (most external, some my own), I hadn't had much time or inclination to get into this in the last few weeks. That's finally changing, though, and I have the character bios and half the main thread (up to Carter's first post) read. I'll shoot for getting the rest read and hopefully Anguirus' first post up tomorrow night. No fixed ETA yet for any of Battra's content, but a little waiting might not be a bad thing with him; I'm thinking the inevitable global chaos of this game will at least partially be what draws him out to begin with.

Thoughts so far: 165's opening post was suitably epic, with a good sense of Godzilla's power and the kind of presence he'll bring to this game. And the Dinosaur Kingdom looks like it's going to be a lot of fun to work with; besides the amusingly ridiculous concept, disposable cannon fodder kaiju will be useful to have around whenever we need to be able to kill something.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

JAGzilla wrote:Progress update: okay, due to a bunch of stupidity (most external, some my own), I hadn't had much time or inclination to get into this in the last few weeks. That's finally changing, though, and I have the character bios and half the main thread (up to Carter's first post) read. I'll shoot for getting the rest read and hopefully Anguirus' first post up tomorrow night. No fixed ETA yet for any of Battra's content, but a little waiting might not be a bad thing with him; I'm thinking the inevitable global chaos of this game will at least partially be what draws him out to begin with.

Thoughts so far: 165's opening post was suitably epic, with a good sense of Godzilla's power and the kind of presence he'll bring to this game. And the Dinosaur Kingdom looks like it's going to be a lot of fun to work with; besides the amusingly ridiculous concept, disposable cannon fodder kaiju will be useful to have around whenever we need to be able to kill something.
Awesome, dude and thanks for the kind words :)! I’m looking forward to what seeing just what sort of stuff you’ve got up your sleeve.
Assuming Walterrus doesn't conclude his own investigation first and isn't interrupted. Which, may happen, as Byakkan can move surprisingly fast when she wants to... Or the JSDF may or may not launch an attack on Walterrus to try and drive him off... *winkwinknodnodtogamemaster* :lol:
.... Noooope, still not understanding what you’re trying to get at, mate :P :P.

#BotM

Gojirawars 03
Monarch Researcher

Post by Gojirawars 03 »

Wanted to try introducing Gigan and was going to do a Nebula M Alien, but now I kinda wanna make an Xillien, and make Gigan more like his Final Wars self. Here goes nothing.
Kaiju:

Name: Gigan
Height: 65 meters
Weight: 20,000 metric tons
Powers/Abilities:
*Mach 3 Flight
*Giganume Cluster Light Beam
*Buzzsaw
*Explosive Scythe-hand tips
*Razor Discs
Personality: Sadistic and conniving, Gigan enjoys nothing more than the pain of his opponents. He is obedient to his Xillien masters, but has no loyalty to anyone else. Gigan frequently enjoys cutting up his enemies as much as possible without killing them. He lives for the thrill of inflicting pain, but is also quite a coward. If the fight is not going his way, or if he knows he's beaten, Gigan won't hesitate to abandon a battle (along with any allies there with him) at a moment's notice.
Backstory: Gigan was once an alien reptile living on the planet T-740 (as it is classified by the Xilliens; found in the Nebula M galaxy). When the Xilliens invaded, Gigan’s kin were all wiped out, and Gigan, being one of the only survivors of his kind, was captured and experimented on by the Xilliens. He was injected with M-Base, a chemical that allows his Xillien masters to control him (to an extent; he still retains free will, as to aid him in combat). His then mutialted body was later heavily modified with mechanical parts, and he was rebuilt into the fearsome cyborg that now serves as a super-weapon of the Xillien Invasion Fleet.

Human/Alien:

Name: Xenad
Race: Xillien
Height: 6', 4"
Appearance: Xenad resembles a Japanese human male in overall appearance; dark, black, and messy hair. Relatively slender body type. Defined cheekbones and thin, very dark red eyes (which almost look brown most of the time) Underneath his humanoid shell form is his Xillien endoskeleton (which looks the exact same as the Xillien endoskeletons seen in Godzilla: Final Wars). Typically wearing a black and gray jumpsuit with a black leather trench coat, and a deep black visor covering his eyes.
Personality: Xenad is a very cruel and careless specimen, even for his species' standards. He enjoys nothing more than the suffering of others, and his usual favorite hobby is subjugating the local population of the planets that his race conquers, and sentencing them to a lifetime of brutal enslavement. This makes him a perfect match for the monster he is commonly placed in command of: none other than the cyborg, Gigan. Xenad is also a master strategist, and he is commonly placed in command of the aerial assaults on planets targeted by the Xillien Empire for invasion.
Last edited by Gojirawars 03 on Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
"The time has come, finally, to put our technology to the final test."
-Dr. Asimov

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8S9Rq ... r78nzbs-FQ

Monster X
G-Force Personnel

Post by Monster X »

Dr. Carter wrote: Also, Monster X, looks like Gorgo may be in for a fight when he gets to Osaka and finds Walterrus. Assuming Walterrus doesn't conclude his own investigation first and isn't interrupted. Which, may happen, as Byakkan can move surprisingly fast when she wants to... Or the JSDF may or may not launch an attack on Walterrus to try and drive him off... *winkwinknodnodtogamemaster* :lol:

Anyways, just gonna leave these here for later with regards to eventual big bads...

Well threaten me with a good time why don't you. I will warn you though, Gorgo is expendable and will propbable lose.

On that note, while the Dinosaur Kingdom has a lot of members from the series and I'm happy to just make some up, I may drag up the old Ultraman dinosaurs now and again just to pad out the ranks. It's not like it would be anything new, how many times did those shows reuse costumes for new kaiju?

JAGzilla wrote:And the Dinosaur Kingdom looks like it's going to be a lot of fun to work with; besides the amusingly ridiculous concept, disposable cannon fodder kaiju will be useful to have around whenever we need to be able to kill something.
Thanks... I think. I just felt it was something that would make the whole thing more fun.
Last edited by Monster X on Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Missingno.
G-Grasper

Post by Missingno. »

oWo so many things to look at in such a short time..

Just me, but I disagree with the notion of putting King Ghidorah in this one, as he is basically the main villain of Kaiju Uprising; so I feel he'd kinda end up sidelined here. But we'll see what G-man has to say about it.
Gojirawars 03 wrote:"...and has since grown to despise the human pilot Akira Yuki, who piloted the mech M.O.G.U.E.R.A. Xenad is looking forward to nothing more than crushing the pilot's skull under his heel when the second invasion of Earth begins..."
Two tidbits with this:

1) This is in the 1960's and by this play on the Showa timeline's continuity, the only thing that has really happened was Godzilla's 1954 attack. Everything from then to the 'present' 1966 (such as Rodan, the Mysterians, Mothra, all of the 'Godzilla vs.' films, etc.) has basically not happened.

2) Who's Akira Yuki? M.O.G.U.E.R.A. was under Hatsuo Fukazawa's command in Kaiju Uprising ;)
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
The 80's----The weather!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I concur! But yes, I'd say that we leave the potential for KG and Hedorah to show up in in the future, up in the air, definitely. But, let's just keep it small for now and try to focus more on the still developing world that was the '60's, and how the rise of giant monsters begins to affect mankind. The first Godzilla in '54, and our Godzilla's first attack in '62, up until now, have been the only real interactions with Kaiju that Japan has had to deal with; monsters have basically been living in complete secrecy up until then, and humanity hasn't really considered building giants mechs to combat them yet. There have been brief sightings here and there, but nothing too major... Yet. Technology is surging forward at an alarming rate due to war, and Godzilla basically causing the world to go, "well shit, we've gotta get off our proverbial asses and start taking strides to protect ourselves, and increase the level of communication we currently have."

They just haven't really thought to start building giant robots quite yet like their alien counterparts have. But, in any case, your characters are accepted, Gojiwars. Just be sure to tweak certain aspects in order for them to better suit the story we've got going on here, and scale Gigan down so he's literally not able to squish the other Kaiju, and you should be set ;).

EDIT: Oh! And I'll get the military to start pounding away at Walterrus soon, Carter, just have to do a little bit of set up first. And fantastic work so far, everyone; I realized I hadn't made that clear yet, and I hope you'll forgive a forgetful ninja? Please? But again, great stuff you guys :)!
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

#BotM

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I'm half tempted to swap out Anime MG with the Showa version just for the sake of canon. That way I can also use Fake Godzilla. Would that be alright or do I have to commit?

Also is anyone gonna take a look at Yanegawa's letter?
ImageImage

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Breakdown wrote:I'm half tempted to swap out Anime MG with the Showa version just for the sake of canon. That way I can also use Fake Godzilla. Would that be alright or do I have to commit?

Also is anyone gonna take a look at Yanegawa's letter?
Go right ahead, mate :), use him and abuse him. And, I may have an NPC look at it, or anyone else can if they'd like, that's fine by me.

#BotM

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Cool beans. I'm prolly gonna have to go back and edit some posts haha.
ImageImage

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Cool with me, I just figured that it would be a good idea to get at least Ghidorah and Hedorah's bios out of the way now so there's something for when we need them much later. I've got other Kaiju I can bring in as the need arises, along with Kuronuma's successor/replacement if you get my meaning, so I'm plenty patient. I mean, we know from my time in Uprising how eager I can be with character creation once inspiration hits. XD;;

By the way, sorry for being quiet most of the time, I work most of the day so I usually come by after the main postings have been done. XD;; Ah well, can't be helped, as we know how the adulting is. Will be checking up on the thread in a bit though.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I'd be down for passing the torch to a successor for Kuronuma. I also plan on having a sleeper agent remain at large after the Simian's potential downfall.
ImageImage

Dr. Carter
Monarch Researcher

Post by Dr. Carter »

Heh, someone who can give Mugal a sit-rep when he shows up after Kuronoma falls or fails. XD Good idea, besides, we know the simians pretty well and how stubborn they can be. But first, let's see what happens with the current players, yes? Gotta get Walterrus and Byakkan to meet eventually.

Speaking of, I actually created both a turtle and phoenix kaiju that I never actually posted in Uprising. Though with as strong as they are, I think it best to hold off on them until the current arch with MechaGodzilla is resolved at least. For anyone wondering, yes, the Yamato Guardians did wind up influencing my original decisions for Byakkan and those two other kaiju with plans to establish Walterrus as the group's Ryu. Though, with this reboot and different Walterrus, I think it'll work out better lore wise if the two turn out to have influenced the legend of those guardians. In a world of kaiju, you never know, some legends may have been influenced by kaiju after all. XD

Oh, any thoughts on the KDRC by the way, guys? I'm completely fine with anyone doing what they want to in regards to it. I'll work on a bio for Taichi fairly soon as well if that helps.