Emergence: Kaiju Invasion HUB

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Re: Emergence: Kaiju Invasion HUB

Post by Beast Blood »

JAGzilla wrote:Well, a great deal of blood gets spilled in our fights so far, so you'll probably fit in well enough.
Good! I look forward to spilling copious amounts of blood with everyone else.
KaijuCanuck wrote:If I recall from our earlier conversation though Beast Blood, you had some issues with the rules?
I think I said something about preferring the more MMA type of combat storytelling as opposed to a more WWE one, but it isn't actually a big deal for me. I don't care if I lose because it makes someone's story work better, but I'm not going to make it easy for my opponent to pull off the win. Like a hunter managing to survive a bear attack (a fitting analogy, since 99.99% of what I draw is bear-ish) but getting out of it mauled to heck. lol

I was just too stressed to be able to RP, but I'm now I'm good. ^.^
Last edited by Beast Blood on Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

To 165: thanks for all the support you've given me.

Emergence writing ost - Hanjiru.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

^ Cheers, mate, it's been my pleasure ;).

#BotM

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Man, Ceokiri is definitely one of more vicious, animalistic kaiju we have so far. It'll be interesting to see how she changes once she wraps up her hunt. Also, MinorBone, we had a kaiju ranking system a few pages back, if you want to add your kaiju to it. And speaking of, I need to add Daws's gods to my chart soon; I totally forgot about that.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Sure thing! :D

Suigam - Upper Level 3. Though not much of an attacker, his defense is odd enough to throw kaiju off, being mostly made out of sticky slime.

Kuma - Upper Level 4. Being extremely fragile is a big hinderance for her, but her constant regeneration in the sunlight along with her Reflection shot packs a decent punch. Though, her regeneration only works for half the day.

Valse - Level 2. A slow tank of a kaiju, making use of his many eyes, durability and jaw attacks. If only he was faster, and the few weak skins he has, he could have the potential to become a Level 1.

Tilipazus - Level 5. No real explanation needed. Barley and defense and no real special attacks.

Ultra-Tilipazus - A strong Level 2. Now combined with Vrithigee, their power is greatly increased.

Ceokiri - Level 3. Having the entire area covered by thick fog can hinder's another kaiju severely. She has no real dfense however.

The Ceo's - Level 5 Being giant foxes, they really are just prey.

Spirit Ceokiri - Level 5 Probably the weakest kaiju, for she can't do anything but communicate! :lol:
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

All right, cool. I updated the chart, and it's just about complete. We'll just need Andrew's kaiju, and SenseiTeriyaki's if he's actually still playing.

Class 0: Mokushi, ???

Class 1: Carnaris, Ryōmen no Hebi, Tyrosus, The Kroaken, Asyrax, Ra, Sobek, Thanatos, Epizona

Class 2: Arugas, Chyrnax, Trintaurus, Kavaru, Fennikusu, Flower Ghagon, Hanjiru, Ignus Lung, Valse, Ultra-Tilipazus, Bioterror

Class 3: Tekuta, Dracochelys, Colony Queen, Suigam, Ceokiri, Tiamat

Class 4: Sangrazotz, Kronos, Makara, Vrithigee, Kuma, Vosozum, Royal Spiders

Class 5: Ghagon, Colony Ants, Ragnarok, Tilipazus, Ceo's, Spirit Ceokiri, Ba-Pef, Ganesh, Spider Colony

……………………………………………

In other news, I decided to roll out another kaiju. Probably my last one, because I have more than enough going on at this point. :lol:

Name: Vosozum

Height: 167 feet at right shoulder; left is slumped a bit lower.

Length: 412 feet.

Power Level: Ranges from Class 4 to bottom of the Class 5 barrel.

Physical description: A twisted, unfortunate mess of a kaiju. Vosozum's head, with a color scheme like that of a giant panda, is large and mostly lion-like, with a dramatic mane, but lacks any of the regality an actual lion displays. His eyes stare blankly in different directions, devoid of any focus or intelligence. His mouth, which hangs open and trails strings of drool when not in use, is filled with snaggled, yellow teeth of varying sizes, including a hippopotamus-like tusk that juts awkwardly from the left front corner of his lower jaw.

Behind the black-and-white head, his body becomes a uniform dull brown. It is thick-skinned, massive and bulbous, resembling that of a hippo, including three sturdy hippo-like legs on its right side. On the left, however, the body sags lower, poorly supported on four long, reddish, segmented legs similar to a centipede's. The rear third of the long body attempts but does not quite manage to become a centipede's, dragging limply on the ground with no leg support, a bag of organs covered in an ugly patchwork of hippo skin and rust-colored exoskeleton.

A white, lion-like 'foreleg' protrudes straight up from the center of the back, but lacks proper connection to Vosozum's nervous system and so has limited muscular control most of the time. In addition, a small, almost round hole is present on the right side on his body, above the hippo legs. It is essentially a permanent wound, unable to heal for unknown reasons, and leaks stinking pus due to regular infection, though his resilient kaiju immune system prevents the bacteria from doing his body any real harm.

Emergence: Vosozum awoke from his nineteen millennia of slumber on the first day of the Emergence, but at present remains inactive, yet to actually do much of anything.

Personality: Little is currently known about the ancient origins of terrestrial kaiju, but whatever force created them appears to have been capable of imperfection. Echoing his disjointed exterior, Vosozum's brain is a cobbled-together patchwork from different and incompatible creatures, and as a result is barely functional, drifting randomly from one simple 'personality' to another. During the original thousand-year reign of the kaiju, all he could manage was to drift aimlessly on the fringes of kaiju 'society', lacking any drive to do anything beyond 'survive', and even that he struggled to accomplish. His digestive system is that of a lion's, geared toward carnivory, and when the lion or centipede's brain portions were in 'control', he would seek out any source of meat and attempt to kill it. He could sometimes take small prey easily enough, when his motor skills would cooperate, and even managed to bring down the occasional Ghagon or other small kaiju. Larger ones, when he bumped into them, tended to be more than he could actually kill, and he was beaten senseless more than once. He was also unable to prevent Sangrazotz from using him as a regular source of free blood; the crafty vampire recognized his usefulness and was careful to leave him alive and able to recover after every meal.

When the hippo portion of his brain was in the driver's seat, he wanted merely to wallow in the nearest source of water or mud, and would simply roll uselessly on the ground if none was available. The hippo would also attempt to graze on vegetation, which would not agree well with his digestive system at all. The centipede, for its part, was a burrower used to living underground, but Vosozum's physiology doesn't allow for digging with any degree of efficiency, and he wasted a lot of time pawing shallow pits into the ground over the years. As luck would have it, however, he managed to fully submerge himself in the earth only one time: just before the kaiju entered their hibernation period.

Some of the time, however, no part of his brain asserted any control, and he would either sit, inert, or just move mindlessly forward, heedless of obstacles, often for years. It was only by dumb luck that no aggressive kaiju ever decided to kill him during these episodes. He is currently in the latter state, underground, jerking and butting helplessly against the walls of his self-made prison. But something may be about to change...

Powers/Abilities:

- Vosozum's lion jaws are his main weapon, and can deliver fearsome bites when he is in 'predator mode' or reacting in self-defense.*

- *The hippo part of his brain usually handles defensive instincts, and they are intense when triggered. He will flail and fight as hard as his chaotic body and brain will allow, smashing everything in reach until the threat ceases... or he loses track of his surroundings and wanders away.

- Six long. rust-colored, segmented arms are hidden within his mane, capable of retracting into pouches within his body. When hunting, he can extend these limbs, each of which is tipped with a razor-sharp hook, and seize prey to drag into his mouth. They're best suited for grabbing small creatures, when his questionable muscular control allows for it, but can restrain kaiju, too, if not for long.

- His body has a lot of mass to it, and while his mismatched legs don't play well together, he can manage a fairly powerful charge when seriously motivated to do so. All but the largest or sturdiest of kaiju will be hard-pressed to avoid being knocked down and trampled. The downside to this ability is that Vosozum has little ability to maneuver, and his charges can be easily sidestepped by more agile kaiju.

- The poorly-formed pit in his right side connects to an organ capable of generating sputtering bursts of a white, fire-like energy. It is brutally cold, lethal to non-kaiju and painful to kaiju not built for low temperatures, and seems to chill more than simply flesh, but cuts into a being's very soul, stunning and disturbing it on a deep level. It would be a potent weapon if attached to a more capable kaiju, but Vosozum can only spout it off at random, and it is accidental if he actually hits anything.

Weaknesses:

- Vosozum's badly-wired brain makes it difficult for him to control his body. He is beset by constant twitching and spasming, and has a hard time moving with any degree of accuracy.

- His unsuitable centipede limbs make walking a cumbersome process, and unless in full attack or defense mode, he can only stagger slowly along, not really able to maintain a straight line for long.

- Vosozum's tendency to shut down mentally and stop reacting to anything around him can be cripplingly dangerous for him if they occur at the wrong time. They can leave him totally incapable of fighting off attacks... whether those attacks are of the physical and violent variety, or come in a form far more subtle and sinister...
Last edited by JAGzilla on Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I hope you didn’t mind my taking control of the poor guy just this once, JAG. This should be pretty fun, no ;)?

#BotM

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I don't mind at all. I'd kind of intended to leave what was happening to him a mystery for now, but it wasn't exactly going to be hard to figure out, and would've been obvious within a post or two. That scene was awesome, anyway, so no harm done. :lol:
Last edited by JAGzilla on Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Thank you! And what an awesomely disgusting mass of a Kaiju that you've created :lol:. I truly feel bad for Vosozum, just with how much wrongness happened to him.

#BotM

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Yeah. My writing has this tendency (often unintended) to be grim, overly serious, or just plain downbeat, but I think I've hit a new low with forcing this poor guy into existence. I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed...

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Oh, snap! Bridgewell's going rogue, huh? I guess those lazy bums that call themselves the rest of the Council had it coming, though. Time for one of them to get up and do something. The bar has been set high for the Strategy Room material thus far, and I'm not going to reach it, but heck, I'll throw my hat into the ring with the Chinese general. My understanding of China is rather inadequate, so I'll have to be vague in several areas, but somebody's got to take a stab at this. Here's his bio, and I'll attempt to get his first game post up tonight.

Name: General Li Tāo (surname listed first, as is standard practice in China)

Physical Description: Of average Chinese height and as physically fit as would be expected of his profession. Wears glasses. Hairline is receding. Nose is a bit squashed-looking, as it was broken in his younger days.

Nationality: Chinese

Faction: People's Liberation Army

Role: Chinese representative on the UN Strategy Room Council of Five

Backstory: While the Kaiju Crisis has been overwhelmingly detrimental for most of the people it has touched, Li Tāo is one of the exceptions. A lifelong soldier in the PLA, his independent, free-thinking personality has always teetered between blessing and curse. On the one hand, his lack of patience for the civilian government to which he ultimately answers has not made him many friends in the Party. On the other, his ability to think outside the box and see solutions where others do not has made him an undeniably brilliant tactician. The latter quality has tended to win out, and he slowly made his way up through the ranks, but was dismayed when his political adversaries had him shunted aside into the irrelevant post of China's Council of Five representative. It seemed an insultingly worthless assignment and a total waste of his skills... until the world suddenly went mad. With China having sustained casualties that utterly eclipse those of all other nations, its government is now scrambling for a way, any way, to seek retribution and prevent further horrors from being wrought upon their nation. And, to his immense satisfaction, Li Tāo is in the best possible position to provide those things. He looks forward to matching wits with his impossible enemies, and finding the hidden weak points that will be their undoing.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Just got the call Zarm. I'm not combing my hair though. :D

Also I need to create a few profiles. I'll have them up in a little while.
goji89 wrote:

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Excellent, JAGzilla! That leaves just KiajuCanuck's Russian General, and the as-yet-unclaimed Egyptian General. (Don't forget, guys- there's no rule that they have to be guys, either!)

And as much as you've professed ignorance throughout the whole creation process, I think you sell yourself short; you're going to be excellent, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with!
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Well, thanks, Zarm. A vote of confidence is always appreciated, and yeah, I am absolutely my own worst critic, heh.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Is it too much/horribly stereotypical if my Russian General has an eyepatch and/or hook hand and/or scar across their face?

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Yes. Go for it.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

KaijuCanuck wrote:Is it too much/horribly stereotypical if my Russian General has an eyepatch and/or hook hand and/or scar across their face?
Arrr...I shall throw him to Sobek at the end of this roleplay. :lol:
goji89 wrote:

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Hmmmmm. I am trying to post Bridgewell's response, but I'm getting a 403 error...

EDIT: Fixed it.
Last edited by Zarm on Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maranatha!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Nice to see the generals playing nice. Li seems much more reasonable than Klein. :lol: Also great post 165, Amelia, has some of the most personality of any of the characters so it’s always great to read her.

Looking for genuine, honest opinions here - what would you guys think about the Russian general being Dr. Ewaschuk’s brother, the Russian intelligence officer who survived the Ghagon in Moscow? I think there is some precedent for high ranking intelligence officials to get the rank of general - or at least some sort of equivalent. I think it would be cool to bring him in for some kind of future story potential, just worried it doesn’t make a the most sense to put an intelligence guy in that role.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

It's your character, so I say do what you want to. As far as sense (relative term that it is in a kaiju story) goes, intelligence is like the single most important thing in the world right now, and being the sole survivor (or close to it?) of Moscow has to give this guy some kind of credibility.