Emergence: Kaiju Invasion HUB

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Emergence: Kaiju Invasion HUB

Post by Zarm »

Poor Ewaschuck and Hunter; probably politely waiting their turns. :)

And here I was hoping Bridgewell and Li would be friends. :( Instead, Bridgewell is messing it all up with his zeal for defense, and is instead on the verge of allying with a most unexpected (even to me) individual...
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Gentlemen, let's give our guest a chance to answer the questions. In order, if you could, please."
I'm on it, I'm on it...
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

It's amusing that the Council has been together for like fifteen minutes, now, and are already fracturing into different camps and trying to pull in outside support for their causes. Archie and Rachel must be horrified. All the effort they put into activating a group that could efficiently make decisions on the fate of the world, and now they find... that said group still consists of five humans who, like any others, are capable of royally botching things that matter.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I wouldn't count them out just yet. What they need is to be talking to each-other; being in a place where they are approaching a foreign national from five different perspectives with little to no coordination beforehand is the worst possible way they could be starting out. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

goji89 wrote:

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Right now, the military is kind of debating whether this is a "Bring him down, Legolas!" moment...

Maranatha!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

It just occurred to me- Kronos is on the verge of becoming the national hero of China. :)

Maranatha!

Andrew the Gojifan
Monsterland Worker

Post by Andrew the Gojifan »

Can Kronos swallow Thanatos? Just asking
:twisted:
Life is a Pay to Win rage game

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Well, It looks like I won't be able to type another story post up for a bit until late December. Laptop finally kicked the bucket and my phone crashes often. But you betcha I'll FINALLY finish Ceokiri's hunt the day I get that laptop fixed! :)
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Zarm wrote:It just occurred to me- Kronos is on the verge of becoming the national hero of China. :)

I hadn't thought of it that way. :lol:

And Andrew... I've been mulling that over myself, actually. I guess the answer is no. He doesn't eat, so (and acknowledging the fact that kaiju and biological logic dine at seperate tables) it doesn't make sense for him to have a digestive system. He has a throat, but I guess it's only used for vocalization. He doesn't need to breathe, either, so he doesn't have lungs. So if he were to swallow Thanatos, there wouldn't be anywhere for him to go. And Arugas is in a similar boat, incidentally. No digestive system, although he does need and have lungs.

And that sucks, MinorBone. I've been in that boat quite a few times, myself. Not fun. Well, the game will still be here when you get your replacement computer. If by some unlikely miracle we manage to progress the story to the next time-skip by that point, I guess you can finish Ceokiri's scene via flashback.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

It occurs to me that with the creation of the Council, we're at an important transition point in the game. Up until now we've each had to write most if not all interaction between humans and our own kaiju. That will largely have to end here if the Council generals are going to operate as intended. All military/government response will have to come from whichever general is responsible for the part of the world in question.

So with that said, I hereby formally hand authorization to respond to my kaiju over to Canuck and Zarm. Kroaken and Sangrazotz are within Bridgewell's sphere of influence, Arugas currently transitioning from Hunter's to Gamal's, and... I think Li controls most of the Pacific, so Makara and Kronos are still my problem. Feel free to deal with them however you want. Also, I guess the Sangrazotz Tracking Unit falls under Bridgewell's command, so consider them at his disposal.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Well, I mean I think local commanders still have some autonomy in responding to the changing situation, they just have to obey orders from their council leader.

Also apologies to everyone - I am buried deep under assignments right now, and am super behind in reading the game and responding to pms. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up after Wednesday.

Billzilla1974
Interpol Agent

Post by Billzilla1974 »

KaijuCanuck wrote:
Also apologies to everyone - I am buried deep under assignments right now, and am super behind in reading the game and responding to pms. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up after Wednesday.
Same, at least when it comes to assignments, my semester at college is ending within a few weeks, and i'm still struggling in my math class in particular.
Never forget the Showa Era, R.I.P, Haruo Nakajima 8/7/2017. :g64:
Extra THICC!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

KaijuCanuck wrote:Well, I mean I think local commanders still have some autonomy in responding to the changing situation, they just have to obey orders from their council leader.
Sure, I'm just saying that when your generals do have specific plans, don't feel like you have to tiptoe around whatever I'm doing. Do whatever makes sense for their characters.

Also, who has jurisdiction over Marianas Island? Is that Li, or do the Council share responsibility for it because of its unique nature, or...?

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Good question. Due to the preceding political confrontation, and the island's continuing potential to have global, geopolitical implications, they are a special zone separate from the the rest of the planet. The US has current effective administration over them, but that was a result of Thanatos and not any agreement made between the countries - so pending further discussion, the US Navy is confined to simply guarding them, as per the original agreement (the only difference being that that original agreement also involved two other naval contingents that no longer exist) and only UNEIS still has official authorization to actually land there. Any change to this status quo would have to be not only be unanimous among the Council members - but likely also be in accordance with the wishes of their respective governments.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

KaijuCanuck wrote:Well, I mean I think local commanders still have some autonomy in responding to the changing situation, they just have to obey orders from their council leaders.
That would be my interpretation as well. There are simply too many Kaiju situations in the world right now for the commander's to micromanage every one of them. They generally should not be unaware, and may issue broader policy orders, but it is assumed that the local commanders will handle the logistical details- and for the moment, as the council is getting up and running and certainly can't wrap his head around everything going on yet, I don't think they have taken over yet. After the time jump, that will probably be the case to a higher degree.

I do think it's a good idea to have people interacting with other people's kaiju; having people only interact with their own basically turns every Kaiju into their own predestined short story series, and removes a lot of the possibilities of interaction and the unexpected happening inherent in an RPG. But, I think that at the very least, local commanders will still have plenty of say in ongoing situations whenever the Council doesn't specify otherwise; and responsibility for converting broader Council orders into specific actions.

Maranatha!

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Billzilla1974 wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:
Same, at least when it comes to assignments, my semester at college is ending within a few weeks, and i'm still struggling in my math class in particular.
College math classes are the worst. You have my sympathies.

Maranatha!

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

KaijuCanuck wrote:Also apologies to everyone - I am buried deep under assignments right now, and am super behind in reading the game and responding to pms. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up after Wednesday.
Hey I'm busy too (working on several short stories I want to finish before 2019). Don't worry about it.

:-x
Resized Image
Last edited by Dawsbfiremind on Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
goji89 wrote:

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Zarm wrote:
I do think it's a good idea to have people interacting with other people's kaiju; having people only interact with their own basically turns every Kaiju into their own predestined short story series, and removes a lot of the possibilities of interaction and the unexpected happening inherent in an RPG.
Agreed. I was kind of caught off guard, and I know you said something similar a while back, when the game started getting off the ground and I realized I had virtually all the responsibility for writing my kaijus' interactions with humanity. I'd taken for granted that there'd be a more free-for-all system going on, with everyone interacting with everyone, but clearly that hasn't been the case. In hindsight that's probably been for the best, as it's helped make the game (outside of Marianas Island ;) ) very orderly and allowed us a lot of time to solidify our own ideas, establish clear characterizations, and so on. But I feel like mixing things up and broadening our interactions with each others' characters will be important for keeping things interesting and exciting going forward.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

JAGzilla wrote:
Zarm wrote:
I do think it's a good idea to have people interacting with other people's kaiju; having people only interact with their own basically turns every Kaiju into their own predestined short story series, and removes a lot of the possibilities of interaction and the unexpected happening inherent in an RPG.
Agreed. I was kind of caught off guard, and I know you said something similar a while back, when the game started getting off the ground and I realized I had virtually all the responsibility for writing my kaijus' interactions with humanity. I'd taken for granted that there'd be a more free-for-all system going on, with everyone interacting with everyone, but clearly that hasn't been the case. In hindsight that's probably been for the best, as it's helped make the game (outside of Marianas Island ;) ) very orderly and allowed us a lot of time to solidify our own ideas, establish clear characterizations, and so on. But I feel like mixing things up and broadening our interactions with each others' characters will be important for keeping things interesting and exciting going forward.
Agreed, and very much so!

Maranatha!