Emergence: Kaiju Invasion HUB

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: Emergence: Kaiju Invasion HUB

Post by JAGzilla »

On that note, I've been meaning to ask about his posture. Does he hold his tail horizontally like a realistic dinosaur, or is he a tail-dragging retrosaur?
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Andrew the Gojifan
Monsterland Worker

Post by Andrew the Gojifan »

JAGzilla wrote:On that note, I've been meaning to ask about his posture. Does he hold his tail horizontally like a realistic dinosaur, or is he a tail-dragging retrosaur?
He doesn`t drag his tail on the ground, but his spine is not perpendicular to the ground either
Tell you what, I`ll try to draw him the way I see him and post it later, maybe tommorow
Life is a Pay to Win rage game

Andrew the Gojifan
Monsterland Worker

So, I have finished the drawing
gonna post it soon
Last edited by Andrew the Gojifan on Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:00 am, edited 5 times in total.

Andrew the Gojifan
Monsterland Worker

There we go
Last edited by Andrew the Gojifan on Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Okay, cool. My image of him was fairly accurate, then, though I pictured the sail being bigger. Smaller is more practical, though, since it's a less vulnerable target.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

Hey guys. It’s cool to see everyone active and wanting to get back into it. I’m here with some bad news unfortunately - I think I have to officially leave the game. I just can’t see anytime in the foreseeable future when I’m going to have the time or energy to run the game in the way it deserves, and it seems super unfair to just constantly be leaving everyone hanging. So I think I just have to bite the bullet here and do the most honourable thing, which is just to bow out.

Andrew the Gojifan
Monsterland Worker

Just had a thought
How effective would a gympie gympie be against the kaiju?
Or like an `arrow` Wrapped with the stuff?

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Fair enough, Canuck. You have the time and energy, or you don't, I guess, there's no two ways about it.

So, to everyone else: what does this mean for the future? Does someone want to take the big pile of keys, or do we bow to the inevitable and stop here?

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

I believe Godzilla165 already knows the broad strokes of what I had planned. I'm happy to send anyone who wants to take over a write-up of what I had.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

*Slowly raises hand*. I can most certainly try and give it my all, but with how expansive and amazingly detailed Canuck’s beautiful characters are, I may require some help from my fellow RPers.

And Canuck, I do believe that we discussed a bit of what your plans ultimately were for this game. However, whenever you have some free time, just for me to have something to immediately reference, I would definitely think that write-up would be very beneficial. And, above all else, no matter what becomes of this RP, know that you’ve created one of the absolute best stories on this site and brought a ton of incredibly talented (myself excluded), people together and held our collective attention and passion for this long. That’s a feat in and of itself for TK. You done good, my Canadian bear friend ;).

But, hopefully we can somehow make this all work and give this thing a proper conclusion, if everyone else is still up for that.

#BotM

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I'm on the fence, for now. On the one hand, I ain't gonna lie: Canuck leaving kind of tears the heart out of the game. Besides being the founder and holder of the game's secrets, which are of course transferrable, he's a serious contender for the best writer we have here, and that is not. *raises non-existent glass*

The game can probably function in a reduced state without him, though, so I'll go with the majority vote.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

It’s a huge undertaking for sure, which is part of why I’m like, “Man, did I really just volunteer? I ought to be deemed bloody mad to have done that.”

If we do decide to ultimately continue forward, it’ll be a process and serious adaptation for sure.

#BotM

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Honestly, I don't have a lot more available time or energy than KC at this point. That, combined with how diminished I feel like the game would be without him... I wouldn't necessarily be in favor of continuing this way. I know it's a long, boring hiatus and there isn't necessarily an end in sight... but I'd rather gamble on a future time when we could all participate again, even if it's a long wait, than try and go on at the present time without the guiding visionary for the project.
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Mhm, I can definitely understand that, considering how little time I currently have for two active RPs, one of which is just trying to begin, but let alone a third that’s been going on for quite awhile now. The task of trying to convert everything over for a single individual would be absolutely monumental, and I honestly don’t think I have the mental capacity for such right now.

I vote let’s put Emergence not to its metaphorical death, but on a lengthy hiatus until we all have enough time, and energy, both mentally and physically, to continue the game onward. Canuck is the founder and lifeblood of this RP, and mulling over it some more, continuing on without him just wouldn’t be the same. Hopefully he, and everyone else can come back and finish this, or start Emergence anew in a brand new form.

#BotM

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

That said... I'm definitely fine with finishing this combat. It has been left hanging for far too long. :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

You guys are breaking my heart with the kind words. Everyone here is an excellent writer, and has contributed so much to make the game world as cool and full and alive as it could be. :)

If that's how the majority feels, then so be it. I just cannot stress enough that I can't promise ever coming back. In the meantime, if you guys change your mind, just let me know and I will send over the information.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

All good, Canuck, you can rest easy knowing you've made one of the best RPs on this site, without a doubt. We'll see what the future holds for this game, but I'm still optimistic; long hiatuses can be good things.

On another note, for those few who haven't seen this yet, I was going to save it for the big reveal, but now I figure what the hell. Here is your destroyer boi in his full glory.

#BotM

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Impressive... most impressive... I'm normally not a fan of split jaws on reptilian kaiju, but they actually work really well for Mokushi.

And yeah, I guess if Andrew, Billzilla, and MinorBone aren't going to chime in, we do have a majority consensus. And so, Emergence officially falls victim to TK's RPG Curse, doomed to long-term hiatus at best. Dread it, run from it... destiny still arrives. Been a heck of a ride, though, gentlemen. Hopefully we can pick back up someday.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

It doesn't have to go back into its long slumber quite yet, though. If Kronos wants to come out and play, we can resolve some unfinished business... ;)

Maranatha!

Andrew the Gojifan
Monsterland Worker

Spinoff RPG taking place 10000 years ago pls?