Emergence: Kaiju Invasion HUB

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: Emergence: Kaiju Invasion HUB

Post by JAGzilla »

Yeah, that would be something to see. :lol: Will get my response up tomorrow, unless Andrew beats me to it, which would be fine. This is about the ideal moment for Thanatos to cut in.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

So, something that should probably be addressed before going forward: the battle against the Titan that came to Earth. It kind of got buried in Ba-Pef's story, but it has some interesting implications. All of our kaiju so far remember humans as a minor component of the environment, little tribes desperately clinging to life in a world run by giants. But now it appears that a human civilization existed which had the power to take on a literal god and win, unless Ba-Pef's version of events gave them too much credit and it was the kaiju who did all the heavy lifting in that battle?

And on that note, was it a particularly serious battle for the kaiju? Are the Titans on the same kind of power level as something like Mokushi, where it took a large alliance of kaiju to bring that one down, or did they just easily overwhelm it? I ask because I want to know whether the alliance against Mokushi will be unprecedented or something the kaiju have done before.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Redacted. I'll answer what questions from among those I can in a wee bit.
Last edited by Dawsbfiremind on Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

The kaiju have no knowledge or memories of any events such as those. Your kaiju know even less than you do.
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Spoiler:
"Just pick up the pace," the Canadian said. "Sorry but we need more posts, eh?"
"I will, I will. Trust me. Things are just busy on this end."
"Just a little post?" the Canadian pressed.
A sigh. "Okay, I'll get to it. Talk to you later Canuck."
"Sorry, eh?"
He hung up the phone. He did. He put emphasis on the "he" to inflate the importance of his presence, though he knew three-quarters of his readers had no idea what was going on.
He grinned and typed something into his computer. The camera on top of it lit up, filming a live video of his face.

Meanwhile in a place unknown to science...
The harmonica in the Rad Hatter's mouth wheezed with each breath he took. He stared up at the blackness, the light from the nearby campfire flickering over more blackness.
A horrible voice began to sing with the harmonica's asthmatic wheezing.
"I like pickles.
Yoooou like pickles.
Pickles, oh pickles, my stomach they tickle."
Another, much smaller voice joined in. Hatter blew into the harmonica with renewed vigor as the lyrics went on.
"And they shot my dog,
because they were fickle.
But at least they didn't steal all my pickles."
Hatter could see someone dancing like a lunatic around the fire. He heaved his breath through the harmonica.
"One day when I was out bobbing for beets,
my hometown was suddenly pelted with jeeps.
When the smoke cleared, the-"
Hatter accidentally inhaled the harmonica. He sat up straight, the instrument wheezing with every cough.
"Again?" someone shouted.
A tiny Sadako-esque ghost grabbed a tiny monkey by its back legs and beat it against Hatter's abdomen. "Spit it out!"
The monkey's eyes spun and the harmonica wheezed with each impact until finally the minute instrument flew out of Hatter's mouth with a shrill veeee.
The ghost sighed and let go of the monkey, whose eyes slowly spun to a stop, displaying two sevens. "Well that's another harmonica gone."
The monkey sneezed, another harmonica shooting out of its nose, before its eyes returned to normal.
The thin, bespectacled nerd on the other side of the fire raised his eyebrows. "Looks like we got double sevens this time."
Hatter cleared his throat. "Better than cherry and lemon. I never want to go through that again."
The nerd and ghost nodded, sitting down and staring at the fire again.
Several minutes passed.
The nerd kicked at the fire. "What am I doing up there? The least I could've done was leave us in Santo-"
A giant screen burst into existence above them, showing his face. (See the emphasis this time?)
The ghost looked up at it. "Why don't you ask yourself Daws?"
Daws stood, frowning up at the real Daws. "So, decided to use me for something else now did you? Well I ain-"
"I need you guys to go on a grand tour," the real Daws said.
Daws blinked, his eyes widening. "Where to?"
"The Riviera?" the ghost asked hopefully.
"Nope," the real Daws said. "Sorry Tosaku, but you guys are going to Earth 313, aka the Emergence universe."
Daws folded his arms. "Why?"
The real Daws leaned back. "I'm busy chasing publications up here. I'm gonna need you guys to make my storylines in Emergence for now and yes, you can take any creative liberties you like."
Hatter stared mutely at the screen, slipping the new harmonica in his pocket. "Any..."
Tosaku blinked. "Creative..."
Daws threw his hands into the air. "Woohoo!"
The real Daws dropped a rowboat through the screen. "Take this and head in the direction that that harmonica flew. And remember-"
He put a forest ranger hat on. "Only you can prevent void fires."
"Gotcha," Tosaku said, shaking the monkey. His eyes spun until they displayed two coke bottles, whereupon the carbonated liquid shot from his nose and doused the fire. "We'll head right out."
The real Daws saluted them before the screen winked out of existence.
"All aboard!" Daws shouted, jumping into the boat and grabbing the oars. "There's adventure to be had!"
Tosaku drug the monkey into the boat and sat at the back while Hatter stood at the bow, pointing in the direction he had spit the first harmonica in. "Onward!"
Daws began to row as quickly as he could, the boat scraping across the dark ground as it was propelled toward its destination a half inch at a time.
goji89 wrote:

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

KaijuCanuck wrote:The kaiju have no knowledge or memories of any events such as those. Your kaiju know even less than you do.
Well, problem solved, then. For now, at least.

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

JAGzilla wrote:
KaijuCanuck wrote:The kaiju have no knowledge or memories of any events such as those. Your kaiju know even less than you do.
Well, problem solved, then. For now, at least.
When the time comes, I’ll make sure you guys aren’t in a position where you don’t know how to write your kaiju. Saying anything more would be spoilers, and considering my poor track record I think Zarm would ACTUALLY kill me.

... I know I’ve said that before, but for real this time. I’m still not convinced he’s not organizing a coup. X_X
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

I have no idea what you're talking about, Kanuck. Also, those of you that I sent a PM to earlier today? We've decided the go-time will be 0700 tomorrow. Remember, take no prisoners.

Well, I did put random dice rolls as a factor for Asyrax for a reason…

Happenstance has rendered its shapeshifting ricks limited to about 1/12 of its total body only, it’s now got built-in armored and liquified sections that it won’t be able to return to normal for a while, swimming’s out of the question, and absorption to replenish itself will only come at the cost of occupying its one useful limb.

Which basically means that Asyrax is stuck in the form of a thick, black-metal doughnut with quadruped, unevenly-distributed limbs, two of which are currently goop. So, until it finishes processing materials or gets a break… Kronos is going to mostly have himself a new chew-toy. :) That is, if he isn’t strangled to death first, or another kaiju that’s just taken an unexpected beating doesn’t come forth to change the status quo with his furious vengeance…
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I PM'd Andrew, so hopefully he'll get back online soon and jump in. We'll give him a few days, I guess.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Completely off topic, but this is like, the most amount of guests that the RP sub forum has had in 30 years.

#BotM

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Maybe we should put on a little song and dance, try and flag 'em in? :)
KaijuCanuck wrote:It’s part of my secret plan to create a fifth column in the US, pre-emoting our glorious conquest and the creation of the Canadian Empire, upon which the sun will consistently set after less than eight hours of daylight. :ninja:
The grace of God is a greater gift than we can truly fathom; undeserved mercy is a kindness humbling in its sheer scope.

The Zone Fighter campaign is complete, with all episodes subtitled! PM me if you need a link location.

Maranatha!

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

HEY GUESTS CHECK OUT EMERGENCE WE GOT KAIJU AND ALIENS AND ALL KIIIIIIIIIINDS OF CRAZY STUFF

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

We have shapeshifters! And telepaths! And talking bugs! And a forthcoming coupRagnarok!

Maranatha!

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Wait! Don’t start without me, I’ve gotta go pull my belly dance suit out! If that doesn’t pull them in, then nothing bloody will!!!

#BotM

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

Godzilla165 wrote:Wait! Don’t start without me, I’ve gotta go pull my belly dance suit out! If that doesn’t pull them in, then nothing bloody will!!!
I'll go get my coconuts and grass hat.
goji89 wrote:

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Well, 0700 and no one showed, so I guess the uprising is off. Happy Thanksgiving!

Maranatha!

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

I plan to have some profiles up later, namely those of Ganesh, Shiva, Loki (did you honestly think he's dead?), and...I dunno. I'm probably forgetting 30 profiles I should've made.

Also, been meaning to say this: Canuck's seen the outline of the first episode of the Emergence adaptation, which is all I'll be writing until the RP's finished. I don't want to write something, look at something you guys do and think "wow, that's a lot better", and have to redo half of it.

(Note: there's 16 guests on here right now. This RP's getting some traffic!)
goji89 wrote:

KaijuCanuck
Futurian

Post by KaijuCanuck »

^probably just members who have to log out so they don't get caught and lose their 'cool cards'.

"UltramanGoji, I didn't know you were secretly an RP fan! What do you think of Emergence? What's that? You think it's totally rad and utterly cool? Why THANK YOU UltramanGoji, that is so kind of you to say!"
Last edited by KaijuCanuck on Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zarm
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Zarm »

Whoops. Sorry for edit-pre-empting while you were posting, JAG. I think our two posts are still compatible, but I can make any necessary changes if you find any conflicts...
Last edited by Zarm on Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maranatha!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

No harm done as far as I can tell. Everything seems to line up fine.